Overall Satisfaction with Gainsight
Gainsight is being used to help us make our Customer Success and Support departments more efficient, and to help increase/maintain our high retention rate. We are using the survey functionality, as well as developing a customer Health Score that will help reduce the time to prepare for a call to the customer.
- Their Pulse conference provides great information, while making it fun and allowing for time to network with peers.
- The flexibility of the platform can make it a bit overwhelming at first, but as you learn more, the flexibility allows for customization to fit many different orgs.
- The people at Gainsight are very helpful during the implementation process, and help hold you accountable to the goals that have been set during the sales process.
- The support documentation is lacking in real-world examples, with enough data to help direct the user to the data in their own environment. It is sometimes very simplified and unhelpful.
- The rules engine could use a little more simplicity for simple tasks, while still offering full functionality in another section/pane/option expansion.
- We were not offered a demo of the product and when we inquired about that possibility, after we had purchased, we were told that requirement on our side would have needed to be addressed before the purchase. We are heavy Salesforce users and have many custom fields and workflows, that made this a bit concerning. Thankfully, we didn't run into any issues in the four months we have had the product.
- We were prepared to spend a fair amount to use a survey tool, so simply saving that money was significant.
- The upcoming Co-pilot feature, being released this month, will help reduce time we will need to work with our Marketo team to distribute emails.
- As move to leverage the Health Score, it will help us define at-risk accounts faster, and help resolve issues and get the customer back on the right path.
We had really only taken a look at a couple other solutions, and found the sales reps to be responsive and informative. This along with the demo of the platform lead us to a purchase.
Our company still has a large percentage of customers that have our software on-premise. It does make leveraging the Gainsight platform more difficult, but we are finding ways to overcome the challenges and will still see the value in the platform as we add more hosted customers and bring in more data that isn't necessarily usage data directly from the client.
Gainsight CS Feature Ratings
The online videos are very good for basic tasks in the platform, but it isn't very descriptive or helpful trying to make your own specific variables fit the simple example that is typically used. Typically, I'll watch a video, try on my own and still have to get help from support or Customer Success team.