Gainsight saves the Customer Success puzzlehttps://www.trustradius.com/customer-successGainsightUnspecified8.43701012016-07-01T17:46:22.175Z
Updated January 11, 2019
Gainsight saves the Customer Success puzzle
Score 9 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Gainsight
We rolled out Gainsight across our entire Customer Success organization of 100+ Success Managers and leaders. We use it as the central source of truth for all customer health and activity, and reporting on both to executives across multiple departments. In short, if it doesn't happen in Gainsight, it doesn't happen. Day-to-day Success Managers use the Gainsight Cockpit to track their customer activity. We use a combination of automated and manual entries to surface activity and needs per customer. We've also begun integrating our Gainsight to pull insights from other solutions to track customer health and create tasks for our Success Managers.
- Roll up reports across the entire organization to glean insights that can be sent to other departments.
- Track and triage big moments in a customer lifecycle.
- Create tasks for Success Managers to mitigate a customer heading down the path of churn.
- The Reporting module is only intuitive if you have extensive training on it, not even for someone who works in the SaaS space or is a heavy user.
- Creating manual tasks within CTAs can be very time consuming. It is best if everything rolls of a Playbook.
- The email notifications come in - at best - a daily digest.
- Got a lot of work off spreadsheets and documents
- Moved things to a historical, reportable space
- Surfaced insights to reduce churn
- Not the best for an account planning scenario; tends to be best around reactive situations that you'll face with a customer.
- Great for managing a large team with a lot of customers; handles scale very, very well.
- Email notifications aren't ideal for on-the-spot activity, that day.
Gainsight Feature Ratings
Creating reporting is very, very cumbersome and slow. And creating on-the-fly Cockpit actions are a bit slow and tough to use. The concept of Gainsight is amazing, but they are still improving when it comes to making it very fast, scaleable, and usable for large installs.
Like to use
Technical support not required
Feel confident using
Difficult to use