Pendo.io is a product engagement platform with features for in-app analytics, surveys and feedback, and guidance.Pendo.io: Analytics for AnyonePendo is being used for one of our newer products (where it was easier to work into the code), but not for our flagship product. It's used for analytics, occasional announcements, and invitations to participate in our NPS survey. We could/should be using it more.,I love that you can target specific tags and elements for analytics. It's pretty easy even if you don't understand HTML, and super easy if you do. It's easy to set up specific filters and audience groups to slice and dice the data.,Pendo is very flexible... and sometimes that causes problems. For example, you can customize your guides and invitations with your own HTML, CSS, and JS, but the effects of doing this are not always obvious and sometimes break the experience without you being able to tell. I've had a support person even tell me that they recommend people NOT change the HTML or CSS for this reason... in which case the feature shouldn't be exposed to users. It is harder to identify specific data about a user (role, permission level, etc.) than it ought to be. You can set up specific custom fields, but it's not easy and requires a bunch of coordination.,8,I'm not in the loop on ROI issues.,WalkMe and Google Analytics,26 to 50 people,Setting up analytics (tags) Setting up filters and target audiences,Changing CSS, HTML, or JS can have unexpected results.,9Pendo helps me do my job in ways I didn't know were possiblePendo was a new concept to me when I started my Product Management Associate position at a software company. Being new to the software industry, I didn't realize how valuable it would be to look at the analytics of how customers use your website. Throughout my work term, my main task was to look at various statistics on how our customers interacted with the UI (number of clicks, time on site, etc.) that Pendo tracked, and present my findings. Additionally, we also have a guide centre that varies by page which I was responsible for updating and refining. It truly amazed me that there was a software that existed that could do all of what is helpful to the Product Management Team, along with Customer Success. I can't imagine what my term would have been like without Pendo!,Tracks customer interaction in a way that makes it easy to extract and read data Help provide help content to users in a way that is easy to manage Clean and organized UI help save time when searching for specifics in the website,A way to label different guide names without the title appearing on the website A way to create a duplicate of a superpage, without having to recreate it from scratch URL doesn't change when looking at different guides in-app,9,Pendo has had a positive ROI on our business objectives since it helped us deliver a more usable software to customers,,Slack,1 to 5 peopleStellar communication tool from a stellar teamPendo is currently used by several teams at Conductor. Most notably, the Product, Product Marketing, Customer Knowledge & Support, Customer Success, and Engineering teams. While each department has several different use cases for Pendo, we're actively working towards improving our communication and reporting workflows to establish clear procedures and transparency across teams. For messaging purposes, we use Pendo to communicate: SurveysEducation / tooltips / "learn more" opportunitiesReport overview training videosFeature enhancements / releases / up-sellsUsability Improvements & simplificationsPartner announcementsError notificationsEngagement nurtures & feature highlightsUser groups / eventsFor analytics purposes, we use Pendo to track: Page engagementFeature engagementVisitors & account reportsOn-going trend and click path reportingNPS surveysOur main drives in using Pendo are to minimize development resources needed to communicate directly to our users in an agile manner, receive feedback from our users easily, keep users informed in the context of their workflows, and understand how users engage with our application to help substantiate product decisions.,Pendo provides a flexible solution to rapidly create and deploy messaging to our users directly in the context of our application. We can target segments of users easily, and can even set up engagement tracking on the guides themselves to gauge how effective they are. We also utilize Pendo for good high-level on-going reporting centered around feature engagement. On the Product team, we reference these reports for our QBRs, as well as during design strategy sessions to substantiate which areas of our application we want to focus on for improvements. We utilize NPS poll data to understand user perspectives, delightful moments & pain points, and use that qualitative data to power customer stories for internal & external presentations on application usage. We also combine that qualitative data with engagement data to further plan ongoing product update efforts. Customer service is top class. Really. Their team is amazing, and I chat with them pretty regularly. I create lots of custom implementations of guides and often have questions about what I can & can't do. Our CSM is super responsive and very knowledgeable. When I have more technical questions, I have an easy time scheduling 1-on-1's with their tech support team, and 98% of the time, my questions are resolved quickly. I recently had the pleasure of speaking with the VP of Product regarding their roadmap and was pleasantly surprised to find out that a feature I wanted to suggest is already in the roadmap & being developed. This team is super engaged and cares about their partners. They are a terrific example of how to effectively grow a product, create an environment to foster customer loyalty, and make sure everyone wins.,I'd love to see an integration with Airtable, it's my primary organizational tool at this point, and I think it would be quite effective with live Pendo data. I'd love to get more granular data on the analytics side - currently, we use Pendo for higher level reporting (and on-going reporting) on a page / feature basis, but it takes a little time to set up definitions & parse the data. On-demand reporting without a lag would be major. Some parts of the interface have small hiccups (ex: uploading a CSV for a segment doesn't display the CSV name properly), and navigating large tables isn't particularly easy (ex: lack of pagination / scroll area while viewing the guides or pages list),10,95% reduction in required dev resources, freeing them up for more product development Roughly a 400% increase in effective customer messaging from 2017 (31 guides) to 2018 (currently, 141 guides), spurring all kinds of engagement from more feature usage & discovery to education & in-app training. 100% of all new features and feature updates are now substantiated by quantitative and qualitative data, in-part sourced from Pendo.,Heap,Heap,11 to 25 peoplePendo: For the Product Manager on the goOver a year ago I stumbled across Pendo when researching tools to make user tracking and walkthrough tutorials easy for our company without needing engineering. After speaking to their sales rep, I quickly knew this was going to be an integral tool for our product organization, design, and customer success group. Set up was very easy and took about 1 day for all our products. Once this was complete I jumped directly into their product, watched all their online YouTube tutorials, joined their Slack channel and I was off to the races. I have a design background and am currently in product management for our front end applications so I began to creating template guides for the rest of our organization. Fast forward a year later and we have integrated Pendo into our third party applications, product is actively tracking user data to make more informed decisions and customer success is tracking new and existing clients instead of using Intercom and their limited event tracking. Could not be happier with this product and their customer support is top notch.,User Tracking. Intuitive and easy to use guide building. Great customer service.,Some portions of their product can be harder to use for users who do not understand HTML/CSS. I sometimes experience lag in their frame builder.,10,We no longer have to wait weeks for an engineer to produce new product guides, which saves us time, lots of money, and frustration. We can have engineers focus on building new products and features while the product and design team focuses on the messaging and delivery to clients.,JIRA Software, SketchUp, Trello, InVision,1 to 5 peoplePendo.io is a wonderful product to dePend on.Pendo.io is being used by our business to understand how our customers are using our product and how we can better design our software for the betterment of our customer experience. Pendo.io addresses the need to understand how our customers are interacting with our software and what areas may need improvement based on usage statistics.,Provides a clean interface with which to interact. This ensures all data is able to be found quickly and efficiently. Provides accurate and up to date metrics on the data we are looking for. Allows us to create guides and surveys to keep us closer with our customers and ensure we are offering the best product we can.,The current Dashboard is easy to use but is limited on the customization ability. I'd like to see the ability to customize your dashboard and move features where you want them instead of adding them and having them be set/stuck for you.,10,Pendo.io has allowed us to better grow our software by discovering areas of improvement while also bringing to light areas where we may have spent too much time on for little reward.,1 to 5 people,The feature tagging/searching through Pendo is a very smooth process. As long as the proper code is contained in the software, you can tag a feature/page in very little time. The navigation UI, with the most recent update, is cleaner and easier to use so I can quickly get to the page I want. Dashboards give you the most information at a glance. They're easy to set up as long as you know the information you're looking for. You can make them as detailed as you'd like or just have a dashboard focused on one thing.,The guide creation process is the only thing I've ever struggled with while using Pendo. It seems to involve too much technical know-how if you want to properly get your guide to be stylized and functioning properly.,Yes, but I don't use it,9
Pendo.io

Pendo.io Reviews

Pendo.io
TrustRadius Top Rated for 2018
Filter 63 vetted Pendo.io reviews and ratings

Ted Boren profile photo
February 20, 2019

Pendo.io Review: "Pendo.io: Analytics for Anyone"

• I love that you can target specific tags and elements for analytics. It's pretty easy even if you don't understand HTML, and super easy if you do.
  • It's easy to set up specific filters and audience groups to slice and dice the data.
  • Pendo is very flexible... and sometimes that causes problems. For example, you can customize your guides and invitations with your own HTML, CSS, and JS, but the effects of doing this are not always obvious and sometimes break the experience without you being able to tell. I've had a support person even tell me that they recommend people NOT change the HTML or CSS for this reason... in which case the feature shouldn't be exposed to users.
  • It is harder to identify specific data about a user (role, permission level, etc.) than it ought to be. You can set up specific custom fields, but it's not easy and requires a bunch of coordination.
Good for walkthroughs, guides, and analytics. OK for very simple surveys. Inappropriate for surveys with more than one or two questions, or which require more robust survey functionality.
Read Ted Boren's full review
Tamara Bugarski profile photo
December 20, 2018

Pendo.io Review: "Pendo helps me do my job in ways I didn't know were possible"

• Tracks customer interaction in a way that makes it easy to extract and read data
  • Help provide help content to users in a way that is easy to manage
  • Clean and organized UI help save time when searching for specifics in the website
  • A way to label different guide names without the title appearing on the website
  • A way to create a duplicate of a superpage, without having to recreate it from scratch
  • URL doesn't change when looking at different guides in-app
Pendo is well suited for scenarios where a company wishes to look at how a customer is using their website to better understand the likes and dislikes of the UI.
Also, it is well suited for easing the on-boarding experience for customers with the aid of help guides that can be created and managed through Pendo.
Read Tamara Bugarski's full review
Jonathan Slavuter profile photo
December 19, 2018

Pendo.io Review: "Stellar communication tool from a stellar team"

For messaging purposes, we use Pendo to communicate:
  • Surveys
  • Partner announcements
  • Error notifications
  • Engagement nurtures & feature highlights
  • User groups / events
For analytics purposes, we use Pendo to track:
  • Page engagement
  • Feature engagement
  • Visitors & account reports
  • On-going trend and click path reporting
  • NPS surveys
  • Pendo provides a flexible solution to rapidly create and deploy messaging to our users directly in the context of our application. We can target segments of users easily, and can even set up engagement tracking on the guides themselves to gauge how effective they are.
  • We also utilize Pendo for good high-level on-going reporting centered around feature engagement. On the Product team, we reference these reports for our QBRs, as well as during design strategy sessions to substantiate which areas of our application we want to focus on for improvements.
  • We utilize NPS poll data to understand user perspectives, delightful moments & pain points, and use that qualitative data to power customer stories for internal & external presentations on application usage. We also combine that qualitative data with engagement data to further plan ongoing product update efforts.
  • Customer service is top class. Really. Their team is amazing, and I chat with them pretty regularly. I create lots of custom implementations of guides and often have questions about what I can & can't do. Our CSM is super responsive and very knowledgeable. When I have more technical questions, I have an easy time scheduling 1-on-1's with their tech support team, and 98% of the time, my questions are resolved quickly. I recently had the pleasure of speaking with the VP of Product regarding their roadmap and was pleasantly surprised to find out that a feature I wanted to suggest is already in the roadmap & being developed.
  • This team is super engaged and cares about their partners. They are a terrific example of how to effectively grow a product, create an environment to foster customer loyalty, and make sure everyone wins.
  • I'd love to see an integration with Airtable, it's my primary organizational tool at this point, and I think it would be quite effective with live Pendo data.
  • I'd love to get more granular data on the analytics side - currently, we use Pendo for higher level reporting (and on-going reporting) on a page / feature basis, but it takes a little time to set up definitions & parse the data. On-demand reporting without a lag would be major.
  • Some parts of the interface have small hiccups (ex: uploading a CSV for a segment doesn't display the CSV name properly), and navigating large tables isn't particularly easy (ex: lack of pagination / scroll area while viewing the guides or pages list)
On the messaging front, we're constantly finding new use cases to use Pendo. As previously mentioned, guides:
  • are quick to set up and deploy
  • don't necessarily require dev resources
  • are super customizable and can be targeted effectively
On the analytics front, I'd say that high-level reporting is great, but very granular reporting isn't as easy.
Read Jonathan Slavuter's full review
Lance Gorji profile photo
October 09, 2018

Pendo.io Review: "Pendo: For the Product Manager on the go"

• User Tracking.
  • Intuitive and easy to use guide building.
  • Great customer service.
  • Some portions of their product can be harder to use for users who do not understand HTML/CSS.
  • I sometimes experience lag in their frame builder.
If you are looking for an easy to use, out of the box guide or tutorial builder look no further. Pendo also has robust tracking and metrics with event driven guides to help you target exactly who needs to see the message.
Read Lance Gorji's full review
Aaron Beaty profile photo
January 28, 2019

Pendo.io Review: "Pendo.io is a wonderful product to dePend on."

• Provides a clean interface with which to interact. This ensures all data is able to be found quickly and efficiently.
  • Provides accurate and up to date metrics on the data we are looking for.
  • Allows us to create guides and surveys to keep us closer with our customers and ensure we are offering the best product we can.
  • The current Dashboard is easy to use but is limited on the customization ability. I'd like to see the ability to customize your dashboard and move features where you want them instead of adding them and having them be set/stuck for you.
Pendo.io is perfect if you're looking to gain a better understanding of not only your product but also find out how your customers are interacting with your product. It's perfect for small to large scale software businesses who are looking to obtain a better understanding of the analytics behind their product.
Read Aaron Beaty's full review
Harry Kaplowitz profile photo
January 21, 2019

Pendo.io Review: "Great usage analytics tool for Product Managers"

We use Pendo.io to track usage of and engagement with our SaaS application. We've tagged pages and features and identified workflows in order to see if usage on the ground matches our expectations of our user experience and to track feature adoption across clients and client segments. We also use Pendo.io to message our users about new features, upcoming opportunities, and any service outages.
  • Pendo.io has a very intuitive and in-depth UI that allows me to digest a lot of data easily and within a single page.
  • Pendo.io is easy to install and manage.
  • Pendo.io has enough customization to allow me to get what I need out of it, but isn't so customizable that it becomes a pain to manage.
  • Pendo.io makes it easy to create easy notifications for users.
  • Pendo's team produces great Product content.
  • Added customizability to its usage metric (more than just logins).
  • Broader library of announcement templates.
I think if you are a PM for any kind of SaaS application that has regular users, you need Pendo.io, or something like it. The only instances where Pendo.io would not be a good fit for you are if your users rarely log in (i.e., middleware) or you already depend on internal tools for user messaging and monitoring. But even then, Pendo.io is a benefit because it takes the effort of maintaining internal tools off your hands.
Read Harry Kaplowitz's full review
Nicholas Roberts profile photo
January 16, 2019

Pendo.io Review: "Quick and easy messaging and analytics"

Pendo is used across our organization and is essential to our user adoption. We use guides to help new users get acclimated and to inform current users about new features and releases. Pendo is also the backbone of our recently stood-up NPS and other user surveys, providing an easy way to integrate the surveys directly into the platform and then push that data out of Pendo and into our other systems. Overall, what should have been a complicated NPS implementation was made super easy by Pendo.
  • Pendo makes it easy to quickly create in-app guides and messaging, without a great deal of technical knowledge necessary
  • When we decided to start tracking NPS, Pendo was our obvious choice and made the whole process quite simple
  • The segmentation options make it trivial to target very specific subsets of users, for anything from usage tracking to survey responses
  • A lot of the UI still feels like it could be polished -- there's no separate menu to edit/create a segment without first opening a report for example. Most of it is very intuitive but decisions such as the above can be frustrating.
  • There are certain fields that can't be used in reports but are available in other parts of the app. For instance, a visitor report can't use the date of response for an NPS survey as a field, so it can't be pushed externally. However, this information is plainly available in the NPS panel. Making additional fields available for use in reports would be a major step forward.
  • There still seems to be hiccups with the Salesforce Visitor and Account integrations. Fields don't sync sometimes, or need to be selected multiple times before the field actually displays under the account or visitor.
Pendo's messaging use-cases are on point and highly customizable, while also being quick and easy to implement. The reporting afterward is still a work in progress in some regards, but they have always been quick with their responses, either explaining their reasoning for specific decisions or providing a workaround. If you're willing to submit feedback and work with their limitations Pendo is an excellent choice. If you are looking for a heavy, granular analytics platform that is already fully-featured there may be better options available.
Read Nicholas Roberts's full review
Mark Aronoff profile photo
January 11, 2019

Pendo.io Review: "Pendo usage for Software Analytics"

We use Pendo on a regular basis to monitor the adoption and engagement with our customers' interaction with our software. It is great for insights into where people spend their time and informs us what they really care about. They appreciate that especially when we use that data to inform our strategic conversations so that we're not playing a "guessing game" or acting like "we don't know" where their interests lie. All in all a great data-driven tool that is universally adopted across the organization.
  • Research usage by account and by user.
  • Showing specific activities rolled up by account or by individual user.
  • N/A
In my experience Pendo has been an invaluable tool for evaluating software usage and adoption.
Read Mark Aronoff's full review
Joel Baldwin profile photo
December 22, 2018

Pendo.io Review: "Ask me about Pendo Guides for Customer Education"

Pendo is integrated with one of our company product lines which is a cloud-based service. Pendo is used by multiple departments to address different aspects of customer interaction. Product Management uses if for customer insight (e.g. feature adoption). Product Marketing uses it for surveys and NPS scoring. Support uses it for technical announcements (e.g. planned outages for software updating). Education uses it to announce new features and offer online training guides.
  • Pendo provides absolutely fabulous support. I am continually impressed by the speed, usefulness, and personal touch when they respond to my questions.
  • It has frequently been my experience that when I ask about a Pendo capability which I wish I had but can't seem to find, the answer is "yes, we can do that" and then they point me in the right direction.
  • I enjoy the transparency provided by the roadmap webinars--they allow me to consider how I might use upcoming features to improve my communication with, or evaluation of, my customer's behavior.
  • Personally, I seem to have a hard time finding answers to my technical questions in the Help system. I usually end up reaching out to my Customer Success rep. That's okay, those people are very helpful, but I prefer self-help to start.
  • Sometimes the technical help articles are a little *too* technical--like they assume they are being used by a developer, which I am not. So there is a tough balance between not technical and too technical, and unfortunately, I'm right in that middle ground.
  • Sometimes I can't make the dashboard numbers "match" the way I think they should, i.e. reconciling different views of the same data. I usually attribute it to my lack of understanding, but it has been a little frustrating.
  • My personal use of Pendo is exclusively within the guides. Every year I get heavily marketed to come to the user conference, but the sessions seem weighted towards product management--not much for people like me. So I don't go.
I use Pendo to raise customer's awareness of new software features, and to invite them to make use of online training resources. The core strength of Pendo is its ability to segment, meaning you can target who sees your message. There are many prebuilt attributes, and your coders can add custom attributes based on your software to help create segment definitions. This has been a critical capability for allowing us to make sure our pop-up messages are only seen by the users to whom they are pertinent and not by anyone else. We all know that when a user is in the software they are there to work, and many see or treat a pop-up as an irritant, an ad, or something that is just in the way, so we try to keep the guides as meaningful as possible.
Read Joel Baldwin's full review
Julie Lintner profile photo
November 02, 2018

Pendo.io Review: "Pendo has been a game changer for us!"

We use Pendo to track how our Clients are using our software. The entire company benefits from this data but it is mostly used by Client Success and Product Management. Pendo enables us to track what features our clients are using and how often. We didn't have any visibility into this data previously. It has been a game changer for us. Our Client Success team can look at the "use history" for a specific user or for the client as a whole to better target conversations with that client.
  • User Interface is easy to use
  • I like the way that we can break down and search by Visitors or by a Client as a whole
  • In-app messaging. This was actually the main reason for our purchase of Pendo.
  • We just started using the survey feature. We are very excited to be able to do surveys in Pendo, but it seems like this is a newer feature and experiencing some limitations. But the Pendo Support team has been very helpful!
We use it to track feature usage of our Clients. It does this very well. We also use it to provide in-app messaging to our clients. This has been a major benefit to our company as it was very hard to do this previously. Pendo provides a variety of different types of messages and click-through messages that enable us to better educate our clients.
Read Julie Lintner's full review
David Buchanan profile photo
February 15, 2019

Pendo.io Review: "Pendo is an invaluable product for the product organization"

Pendo is currently used by several teams at Solutionreach, Product, Product Marketing, User Experience and Research, Customer Knowledge Base, and Customer Success. While each department has several different use cases for Pendo, we're actively working towards improving our customer experience and their successes while using Solutionreach. Pendo allows these benefits through better on-boarding, better access to a knowledge base, and intuitive walk-throughs to guide them through tricky pieces of the platform. As well as data from all aspects of the product and using that data to inform product decisions.
  • Pendo has a very intuitive and in-depth UI with good digestible data.
  • Pendo NPS and the data we can gather from the NPS responses, has been invaluable in helping with the customer/user experience.
  • Pendo guide/walkthrough customization allows the team to get what we need out of it, across all teams.
  • Pendo guides/walkthroughs could be more customizable and easier to customize.
  • Pendo clickthrough tracking on guides could be added upon for more data points.
  • Pendo could have a better UI around cohort/segment creation and management.
Pendo is well suited for teams wanting to build data-driven products, and drive feature adoption with nice, easy to implement guides.
Read David Buchanan's full review
Rusty Atkinson profile photo
February 15, 2019

Pendo.io Review: "Deep visibility into customer behavior"

Customer Support and Product Management use Pendo.io. The company NPS survey is delivered using Pendo.io. We are able to get deep visibility into how our customers actually use our platform. We are able to locate under-utilized features and pages.
The NPS tool is simple to implement and has returned 25%+/- adoption since it was implemented. We also receive outstanding insight from our customers as they respond to the in-app query.
  • NPS with a high adoption rate.
  • Feature and page utilization.
  • Seemingly infinite ability to segment user data.
  • Reporting.
  • Creation of meaningful guides takes some effort...simple guides are self-explanatory but significant effort is required to deliver deeper guides.
[Pendo.io is well suited for] NPS, product utilization data, customer utilization data, understanding specific customer behaviors.
Read Rusty Atkinson's full review
Lauren Coppola profile photo
October 22, 2018

Pendo.io Review: "Pendo increased our engagement with our customers"

We use Pendo across many departments at our organization. It is helping us make data-driven product decisions instead of relying solely on our Sales and Client Support teams to provide market feedback and usage information.
  • Incredibly intuitive user interface. The help documentation is also fantastic - easy to find relevant articles/tips.
  • Love that when I tag a new feature on a page, I'll get data about its usage from the start of when the Pendo code was added to that page. When I wanted to see how my users were interacting with a certain feature, I tagged it and got data from the beginning of the year when Pendo was first added to the page -it was great!
  • The in-app banners/tooltips are fantastic. I think this may be my favorite part about Pendo. We're able to engage with our users while they are IN our product and actually using it instead of using email to reach out.
  • I'd love to see more ways to create segments so that I can really tailor my in-app communications to very targeted groups.
  • I'd like easier customization, more WYSIWYG functionality with the banners and lightboxes.
Pendo is fantastic for getting usage data on pages and features. It also works well for engaging with customers while they are in the product. It's not really appropriate for learning-activity specific data (i.e. how learners engage in a lesson/course).
Read Lauren Coppola's full review
Tamara Schebel profile photo
February 11, 2019

Pendo.io Review: "Second company I've used Pendo with, and likely won't be the last."

We use Pendo.io for messaging, onboarding as well as highlighting new features. We use NPS surveys to get continuous feedback from our users. We also use the analytics to keep an eye on how each of our accounts is using our software as well as specific feature usage. The cohort analysis is a new feature that we've been using a lot as we try to improve our onboarding experience with an eye on maintaining engagement over time.
  • Analytics are way easier to understand than Google Analytics, which we also use.
  • Love being able to add messages on the fly without going through a lengthy dev process.
  • New, useful, features are constantly being added.
  • Can't do some of the message targeting I've tried - hitting up people who haven't visited in a while (when they finally come in) or targeting based on the number of visits.
  • Wish it were easier to figure out where the "aha!" moments are in our product - something I'm sure we can use Pendo.io to do, but it requires a whole lot of digging vs being something out of the box.
Adding messaging to your product, without a developer. Monitoring feature usage on the fly - without planning in advance which features you want to track.
Read Tamara Schebel's full review
Gareth Bradley profile photo
October 16, 2018

Pendo.io Review: "Pendo Delivers!"

We use Pendo for two primary reasons; firstly to track feature usage and engagement and secondly to embed learning into our administrator user journey. Pendo nails our requirements for both.

On the feature tracking front, we are using the platform to track the user clicks and journey within our platform. This is incredibly helpful for us as we are starting to build a real picture of feature usage and penetration across the client base. The ability to slice and dice this data across all accounts improves our decision making no end. We use the data when deciding to enhance or enlarge certain feature sets.

When it comes to embedding help, we are a little less mature here. Our focus has been on the need to promote new features that we deploy as well as to guide administrators around the configuration of the feature. This helps us to drive adoption against our goals.

• Easy to tag the pages and features once you get orientated.
  • Nice visuals to track usage against goals that you set.
  • Simple to track account by account data as well as looking at more global views.
  • Nice tagging feature to group the pages and features by use case or persona.
  • The account dashboards could be exportable per the visuals in the platform.
  • I'd welcome more visual options on the account pages.
  • I think it could really benefit from some machine learning injections to suggest linkages and accounts that may be trending down on activity levels.
Tracking accounts, features and pages is really what we bought Pendo for and it's been a massive help.

We use this inside of product and client success in order to track the health of each account and to be more tactically aware of clients who may be struggling with adoption.

We have been less proactive with the embedded learning and NPS but that's something we will look to bring to the fore moving forwards.
Read Gareth Bradley's full review
Brian O'Connor profile photo
September 07, 2018

Pendo.io Review: "Pendo for SaaS B2B"

Pendo is deployed across our industry leading Data Management Platform (DMP) to help our teams make data-driven product decisions. Prior to Pendo, we had to invest in time consuming customer interviews or make educated guesses on how users leverage different pieces of our product. Now we can easily access critical data that informs confident product decisions.

Additionally, we use Pendo to serve NPS surveys that help drive better insights for our Client Success team when engaging with customers. We also make use of user guides to provide end users with best practices and training.
  • The ease of implementation and speed at which we were able to use the Pendo platform were impressive. We were able to deploy Pendo across our product and leverage the data within 30 days.
  • The Pendo user interface is intuitive, quick and flexible. ..perfect for a team that builds a dynamic and flexible product ourselves.
  • The depth and breadth of Analytics that can be found in Pendo's platform is a huge asset. We've used data from Pendo to make product decisions on everything from small UI tweaks to introducing new product concepts.
  • The only hurdle we faced to date was a technical one, which we resolved.
  • We haven't made much use out of Trends or Funnels yet. Something we want to try moving forward.
I think Pendo absolutely delivers on the promise to deliver actionable, product-level insights to inform product and development decisions. If you are a SaaS company in the B2B space, it's a great fit.
Read Brian O'Connor's full review
Amin Bashi profile photo
September 06, 2018

Pendo.io Review: "Leveraging Pendo to build a better product"

1. Tracking our success metrics

2. Monitoring the trends and ripple effects after each release

3. Educating our customers on our existing features and maximizing the adoption rate for new features

• Intuitive
  • Easy to install
  • Backfilling (for tracking)
  • Intelligent Segmentation
  • Customization
  • Pricing
  • Predictive Analytics

While clicks are easy to measure, they can often be the most deceptive metrics. Just because a user clicks on a button, for instance, it doesn’t make it relevant. We use a number of other metrics set up in Pendo that closely couples to user interactions to define success. For example, this includes user engagement metrics on some of our critical pages following a search, and time it takes for a user to find relevant results. In terms of shortcomings, Pendo hasn't made any major advancements in predictive analytics yet.

Read Amin Bashi's full review
Wesley Ange profile photo
December 28, 2018

Pendo.io: "Pendo Review"

We use Pendo.io across our company to help understand our users better, communicate important messages, and troubleshoot issues that are reported to support. Information from Pendo.io is also used in our customer health score
  • Targeting messages and experiences to a particular user set, such as an embedded video
  • Providing historical information on users and accounts
  • Pulling different pieces of information together for rich reporting
  • Be able to target users that haven't seen a guide in a set amount of time
  • Differentiate the use of visitors across multiple accounts
Pendo.io is great when you are trying to track your customers and site use at a detailed level. The information reported is great and can then be used to target messages or specifics experiences to a group of visitors. For instance, we often embed videos for those users.
Read Wesley Ange's full review
Kurt Williams profile photo
August 31, 2018

Pendo.io Review: "Pendo Product Management Insights"

We use Pendo to analyze customer adoption and engagement with our back-office tools. We further use it to help drive adoption through in-app guided help.
  • Pendo is simple to enable
  • Pendo collects everything so we can "rewind the clock" on features and pages we don't tag up-front
  • Pendo helps us understand which types of customers are most engaged
  • Pendo helps us do something about engagement problems without working through a development release
  • Reporting. It's very basic and some types of analyses are confusing and time consuming.
  • Deep hierarchies of pages and features. Pendo only has pages and groups. In a dense app this is too limiting.
  • Types of analytics. I have to do most analytics in a spreadsheet.
It's well suited to product design and management. Has guided help and tool tips, and in-app surveys.
Read Kurt Williams's full review
Ethan Roderick profile photo
December 22, 2018

Pendo.io Review: "Pendo is wonderful, tell your friends"

We have select users across several teams using Pando.io to track usage and set up guides and NPS
  • if we ever need to know just what is going on in our products the answer is only a few clicks away because of Pendo.io
  • Effective guides
  • We are getting more into using guides and NPS surveys, which are easy to set up and use because of Pendo-- this is allowing us to grow more as a company, in my eyes
  • some of the new NPS UI is difficult to manage; it can cover sections of a page that need to be edited, making it difficult to do what I need to do.
  • would be nice if all aspects of the NPS editor could be moved/minimized
  • There is a lot going on in Pendo; this makes it a very powerful tool, but it can be a little overwhelming. Hyper customization can be a blessing and a curse, as our info sessions with Pendo are very useful but it's hard to keep track of everything that is going on if you don't use it all the time. A knowledge base would be useful, or, if there is already one, making it more notable would be great!
Pendo's guides are intuitive and easy to use/customize, though there is a lot happening in Pendo that can be hard to keep track of.
Read Ethan Roderick's full review
Chirag Patel profile photo
December 13, 2018

Pendo.io Review: "Great software for product and CS teams!"

Our product team uses Pendo.io to do the following to:
  1. Understand and proactively react to overall client satisfaction
  2. Understand user behavior on the site to make smart decisions.
  3. Communicate to our users on a regular basis to keep them up to date and solicit feedback.
  4. Use the guide feature to solicit feedback and get volunteers for user interviews.
  • Monitor behavior around the application to understand where they may be problems in usability.
  • Let our users know about new capabilities as they are added through Pendo's guide feature.
  • Launch and monitor NPS (work with customer service to schedule follow-up calls on responses).
  • Would love to see a feedback capability added where users can submit freeform feedback. I would also want those users to be able to vote on that feedback. There are other tools that provide this, but I believe Pendo.io could provide a better product that is well integrated with the rest of their features.
Great for product teams to understand user behavior and overall usability as well as overall client satisfaction. Great for customer service teams to monitor the health of their clients.
Read Chirag Patel's full review
September 18, 2018

Pendo.io Review: "Pendo provides what others do not"

I'm currently using Pendo.io to provide insight into key features in the product, usage data, churn prediction and measuring adoption. The ability to see which features that are being used/not used is helpful to discover training opportunities, product enhancements, etc. One of the greatest benefits of Pendo.io is that you can also see WHO is performing each action. That is what separates Pendo.io from the rest.
  • Data Tracking
  • In-app messaging
  • Time to ROI -- the concepts and outcomes that Pendo can provide is so great, but getting there takes some time. There's so much data, what do we do with it? What does it all mean?
Pendo.io is a great tool to provide insight into product usage where you wouldn't be able to track this otherwise. Competitors may be able to track page hits but Pendo.io shows you who is visiting the page/feature/etc. This is great for targeted messaging, account reviews, and churn prediction. I can't think of a technology company that wouldn't benefit from the deep insight provided by Pendo.io.
Ashley Saliba profile photo
May 21, 2018

Pendo.io Review: "Dynamic product that is slowly becoming an integral part of the business"

Our company is a small software development organization and we use Pendo.io specifically within the Product Management function. It helps us easily track user behavior and see what actions people are taking most frequently, and also collects feedback through the polls. We previously had difficulty getting accurate user feedback because our surveys weren't all that timely, but Pendo.io polls help us get in the moment feedback in a way that's easy for users to respond quickly.
  • It makes tracking user behaviors and seeing metrics so easy for those of us who aren't data analysts. In the past, I would have had to submit a request to a data analyst to get some metrics on user behavior, but now I can do it immediately in Pendo.io myself. Also,
  • The polls are a great way to collect in the moment user feedback that we would have had difficulty sending before via Google Form or something like that. Insights have been tremendously helpful thus far.
  • It helps us consolidate many different tools. With Pendo.io we can do everything from tracking user behavior, to collecting feedback, and even announcing new features and posting tool tips. It has helped us get rid of a few tools as Pendo.io does so much more than other products.
  • The customer support is amazing. Whenever we need anything, we get extremely useful responses and support in a timely manner.
  • The set up process wasn't the easiest and required a good amount of time from one of our developers to get everything configured. So this isn't a product that's ready to go out of the box; you will have to put some time into configuration.
  • Posting Guides isn't all that intuitive. As a non-technical person, I usually have to ask a developer to help me out getting my design into a guide to post to users.
Pendo.io is great for non-technical product people who want to explore user behavior in detail without having to drag in a data analyst or developer to pull activity data from the database. It's also great for collecting feedback, as you can post polls on whatever page works best for you and even target specific users.

I don't think Pendo.io is great for posting product announcements (Guides). It's not all that intuitive to upload the guide and I find the view and click analytics difficult to understand when I feel like it should be a very simple concept. We previously used another vendor to do this and it was much, much easier and we got better analytics. We switched to Pendo.io because the product encompasses many different functions, but I do feel like the Guides (in app announcements) are a weakness.
Read Ashley Saliba's full review
Lila Krutel Meyer profile photo
August 10, 2018

Pendo.io Review: "Communicating directly with our customers has never been easier or faster!"

We use Pendo primarily for displaying feature tooltips in our application, announcing upcoming releases and new features, and to offer in-app access to our product documentation via Pendo's guide center. We're no longer dependent on engineering and the release process to publish in-app help for our users. We've also been able to reduce the number of emails we send to customers with in-app announcements and increase our customer communication reach.
  • Pendo's support and CSM team are knowledgeable and very responsive.
  • Configuring in-app announcements is easy and quick.
  • Pendo empowers non-engineers to communicate directly with users in your own product!
  • Sometimes it's difficult or time-consuming to identify the in-app element's code that you want to tie a tooltip to.
  • Feature and page tagging should be automated rather than manual to assist with usage tracking.
  • Walkthrough guides, which include a string of guide steps, can be very time consuming to configure and test and require maintenance if your app changes.
I know a lot of other Pendo customers who use them primarily for usage tracking, and for delivering in-app NPS surveys. We aren't really using them for these purposes, but the tooltip, announcement, and documentation integration options work well for us.
Read Lila Krutel Meyer's full review
Russ Blackburn profile photo
July 27, 2018

Pendo.io Review: "Quick learning curve, up and running with targeted campaigns in no time!"

Pendo.io is being used by my UX department.
  • The UI interface is easy to navigate, set up and use
  • Support is helpful, assistance is provided if needed by reps from Pendo.io
  • Their tutorial help covers a vast amount of topics to help you get up and running quickly
  • My only request would be to have more patterns available to choose from when setting up Guides.
The ease of use alone makes using Pendo a breeze to set up and pull metrics. I've used Adobe Analytics in the past and it was such a pain to gather insights into my campaigns. Pendo allows for Guides to be set up quickly, meaning I do not have to bother my developers for the backend work.
Read Russ Blackburn's full review