Pendo.io is a product engagement platform with features for in-app analytics, surveys and feedback, and guidance.Pendo: For the Product Manager on the goOver a year ago I stumbled across Pendo when researching tools to make user tracking and walkthrough tutorials easy for our company without needing engineering. After speaking to their sales rep, I quickly knew this was going to be an integral tool for our product organization, design, and customer success group. Set up was very easy and took about 1 day for all our products. Once this was complete I jumped directly into their product, watched all their online YouTube tutorials, joined their Slack channel and I was off to the races. I have a design background and am currently in product management for our front end applications so I began to creating template guides for the rest of our organization. Fast forward a year later and we have integrated Pendo into our third party applications, product is actively tracking user data to make more informed decisions and customer success is tracking new and existing clients instead of using Intercom and their limited event tracking. Could not be happier with this product and their customer support is top notch.,User Tracking. Intuitive and easy to use guide building. Great customer service.,Some portions of their product can be harder to use for users who do not understand HTML/CSS. I sometimes experience lag in their frame builder.,10,We no longer have to wait weeks for an engineer to produce new product guides, which saves us time, lots of money, and frustration. We can have engineers focus on building new products and features while the product and design team focuses on the messaging and delivery to clients.,JIRA Software, SketchUp, Trello, InVision,1 to 5 peoplePendo has been a game changer for us!We use Pendo to track how our Clients are using our software. The entire company benefits from this data but it is mostly used by Client Success and Product Management. Pendo enables us to track what features our clients are using and how often. We didn't have any visibility into this data previously. It has been a game changer for us. Our Client Success team can look at the "use history" for a specific user or for the client as a whole to better target conversations with that client.,User Interface is easy to use I like the way that we can break down and search by Visitors or by a Client as a whole In-app messaging. This was actually the main reason for our purchase of Pendo.,We just started using the survey feature. We are very excited to be able to do surveys in Pendo, but it seems like this is a newer feature and experiencing some limitations. But the Pendo Support team has been very helpful!,10,Enables us to provide immediate messaging to our clients. This was hard and time consuming to do previously. Targeted surveys. We did surveys previously but it was via email, and the links and the response was poor. The response rate on surveys with Pendo has been much better!,1 to 5 peoplePendo increased our engagement with our customersWe use Pendo across many departments at our organization. It is helping us make data-driven product decisions instead of relying solely on our Sales and Client Support teams to provide market feedback and usage information.,Incredibly intuitive user interface. The help documentation is also fantastic - easy to find relevant articles/tips. Love that when I tag a new feature on a page, I'll get data about its usage from the start of when the Pendo code was added to that page. When I wanted to see how my users were interacting with a certain feature, I tagged it and got data from the beginning of the year when Pendo was first added to the page -it was great! The in-app banners/tooltips are fantastic. I think this may be my favorite part about Pendo. We're able to engage with our users while they are IN our product and actually using it instead of using email to reach out.,I'd love to see more ways to create segments so that I can really tailor my in-app communications to very targeted groups. I'd like easier customization, more WYSIWYG functionality with the banners and lightboxes.,10,It has had a positive impact on our business objectives because it has given us more concrete information that we can use to decide whether or not to pursue a project or build a feature.,Adobe Analytics,JIRA Software, Atlassian Confluence, Slack,11 to 25 peoplePendo Delivers!We use Pendo for two primary reasons; firstly to track feature usage and engagement and secondly to embed learning into our administrator user journey. Pendo nails our requirements for both. On the feature tracking front, we are using the platform to track the user clicks and journey within our platform. This is incredibly helpful for us as we are starting to build a real picture of feature usage and penetration across the client base. The ability to slice and dice this data across all accounts improves our decision making no end. We use the data when deciding to enhance or enlarge certain feature sets. When it comes to embedding help, we are a little less mature here. Our focus has been on the need to promote new features that we deploy as well as to guide administrators around the configuration of the feature. This helps us to drive adoption against our goals.,Easy to tag the pages and features once you get orientated. Nice visuals to track usage against goals that you set. Simple to track account by account data as well as looking at more global views. Nice tagging feature to group the pages and features by use case or persona.,The account dashboards could be exportable per the visuals in the platform. I'd welcome more visual options on the account pages. I think it could really benefit from some machine learning injections to suggest linkages and accounts that may be trending down on activity levels.,10,Amplitude Analytics, Google Analytics Premium and Crazy Egg,Google Analytics, Spigit, ProdPad,11 to 25 peoplePendo for SaaS B2BPendo is deployed across our industry leading Data Management Platform (DMP) to help our teams make data-driven product decisions. Prior to Pendo, we had to invest in time consuming customer interviews or make educated guesses on how users leverage different pieces of our product. Now we can easily access critical data that informs confident product decisions. Additionally, we use Pendo to serve NPS surveys that help drive better insights for our Client Success team when engaging with customers. We also make use of user guides to provide end users with best practices and training.,The ease of implementation and speed at which we were able to use the Pendo platform were impressive. We were able to deploy Pendo across our product and leverage the data within 30 days. The Pendo user interface is intuitive, quick and flexible. ..perfect for a team that builds a dynamic and flexible product ourselves. The depth and breadth of Analytics that can be found in Pendo's platform is a huge asset. We've used data from Pendo to make product decisions on everything from small UI tweaks to introducing new product concepts.,The only hurdle we faced to date was a technical one, which we resolved. We haven't made much use out of Trends or Funnels yet. Something we want to try moving forward.,9,We've seen a marked decrease in "how do I" type requests from users after deploying Pendo, which has allowed us to scale our customer base without the need to add additional client support resources.,,Salesforce Community Cloud, Gainsight, JIRA Software, Slack,11 to 25 people
Pendo.io

Pendo.io Reviews<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>

Pendo.io
Top Rated Award
Filter 50 vetted Pendo.io reviews and ratings
Lance Gorji profile photo
October 09, 2018

Pendo.io Review: "Pendo: For the Product Manager on the go"

• User Tracking.
  • Intuitive and easy to use guide building.
  • Great customer service.
  • Some portions of their product can be harder to use for users who do not understand HTML/CSS.
  • I sometimes experience lag in their frame builder.
If you are looking for an easy to use, out of the box guide or tutorial builder look no further. Pendo also has robust tracking and metrics with event driven guides to help you target exactly who needs to see the message.
Read Lance Gorji's full review
Julie Lintner profile photo
November 02, 2018

Pendo.io Review: "Pendo has been a game changer for us!"

• User Interface is easy to use
  • I like the way that we can break down and search by Visitors or by a Client as a whole
  • In-app messaging. This was actually the main reason for our purchase of Pendo.
  • We just started using the survey feature. We are very excited to be able to do surveys in Pendo, but it seems like this is a newer feature and experiencing some limitations. But the Pendo Support team has been very helpful!
We use it to track feature usage of our Clients. It does this very well. We also use it to provide in-app messaging to our clients. This has been a major benefit to our company as it was very hard to do this previously. Pendo provides a variety of different types of messages and click-through messages that enable us to better educate our clients.
Read Julie Lintner's full review
Lauren Coppola profile photo
October 22, 2018

Pendo.io Review: "Pendo increased our engagement with our customers"

• Incredibly intuitive user interface. The help documentation is also fantastic - easy to find relevant articles/tips.
  • Love that when I tag a new feature on a page, I'll get data about its usage from the start of when the Pendo code was added to that page. When I wanted to see how my users were interacting with a certain feature, I tagged it and got data from the beginning of the year when Pendo was first added to the page -it was great!
  • The in-app banners/tooltips are fantastic. I think this may be my favorite part about Pendo. We're able to engage with our users while they are IN our product and actually using it instead of using email to reach out.
  • I'd love to see more ways to create segments so that I can really tailor my in-app communications to very targeted groups.
  • I'd like easier customization, more WYSIWYG functionality with the banners and lightboxes.
Pendo is fantastic for getting usage data on pages and features. It also works well for engaging with customers while they are in the product. It's not really appropriate for learning-activity specific data (i.e. how learners engage in a lesson/course).
Read Lauren Coppola's full review
Gareth Bradley profile photo
October 16, 2018

Pendo.io Review: "Pendo Delivers!"

• Easy to tag the pages and features once you get orientated.
  • Nice visuals to track usage against goals that you set.
  • Simple to track account by account data as well as looking at more global views.
  • Nice tagging feature to group the pages and features by use case or persona.
  • The account dashboards could be exportable per the visuals in the platform.
  • I'd welcome more visual options on the account pages.
  • I think it could really benefit from some machine learning injections to suggest linkages and accounts that may be trending down on activity levels.
Tracking accounts, features and pages is really what we bought Pendo for and it's been a massive help.

We use this inside of product and client success in order to track the health of each account and to be more tactically aware of clients who may be struggling with adoption.

We have been less proactive with the embedded learning and NPS but that's something we will look to bring to the fore moving forwards.
Read Gareth Bradley's full review
Brian O'Connor profile photo
September 07, 2018

Pendo.io Review: "Pendo for SaaS B2B"

• The ease of implementation and speed at which we were able to use the Pendo platform were impressive. We were able to deploy Pendo across our product and leverage the data within 30 days.
  • The Pendo user interface is intuitive, quick and flexible. ..perfect for a team that builds a dynamic and flexible product ourselves.
  • The depth and breadth of Analytics that can be found in Pendo's platform is a huge asset. We've used data from Pendo to make product decisions on everything from small UI tweaks to introducing new product concepts.
  • The only hurdle we faced to date was a technical one, which we resolved.
  • We haven't made much use out of Trends or Funnels yet. Something we want to try moving forward.
I think Pendo absolutely delivers on the promise to deliver actionable, product-level insights to inform product and development decisions. If you are a SaaS company in the B2B space, it's a great fit.
Read Brian O'Connor's full review
Amin Bashi profile photo
September 06, 2018

Pendo.io Review: "Leveraging Pendo to build a better product"

1. Tracking our success metrics

2. Monitoring the trends and ripple effects after each release

3. Educating our customers on our existing features and maximizing the adoption rate for new features

• Intuitive
  • Easy to install
  • Backfilling (for tracking)
  • Intelligent Segmentation
  • Customization
  • Pricing
  • Predictive Analytics

While clicks are easy to measure, they can often be the most deceptive metrics. Just because a user clicks on a button, for instance, it doesn’t make it relevant. We use a number of other metrics set up in Pendo that closely couples to user interactions to define success. For example, this includes user engagement metrics on some of our critical pages following a search, and time it takes for a user to find relevant results. In terms of shortcomings, Pendo hasn't made any major advancements in predictive analytics yet.

Read Amin Bashi's full review
Kurt Williams profile photo
August 31, 2018

Pendo.io Review: "Pendo Product Management Insights"

We use Pendo to analyze customer adoption and engagement with our back-office tools. We further use it to help drive adoption through in-app guided help.
  • Pendo is simple to enable
  • Pendo collects everything so we can "rewind the clock" on features and pages we don't tag up-front
  • Pendo helps us understand which types of customers are most engaged
  • Pendo helps us do something about engagement problems without working through a development release
  • Reporting. It's very basic and some types of analyses are confusing and time consuming.
  • Deep hierarchies of pages and features. Pendo only has pages and groups. In a dense app this is too limiting.
  • Types of analytics. I have to do most analytics in a spreadsheet.
It's well suited to product design and management. Has guided help and tool tips, and in-app surveys.
Read Kurt Williams's full review
Chirag Patel profile photo
December 13, 2018

Pendo.io Review: "Great software for product and CS teams!"

Our product team uses Pendo.io to do the following to:
  1. Understand and proactively react to overall client satisfaction
  2. Understand user behavior on the site to make smart decisions.
  3. Communicate to our users on a regular basis to keep them up to date and solicit feedback.
  4. Use the guide feature to solicit feedback and get volunteers for user interviews.
  • Monitor behavior around the application to understand where they may be problems in usability.
  • Let our users know about new capabilities as they are added through Pendo's guide feature.
  • Launch and monitor NPS (work with customer service to schedule follow-up calls on responses).
  • Would love to see a feedback capability added where users can submit freeform feedback. I would also want those users to be able to vote on that feedback. There are other tools that provide this, but I believe Pendo.io could provide a better product that is well integrated with the rest of their features.
Great for product teams to understand user behavior and overall usability as well as overall client satisfaction. Great for customer service teams to monitor the health of their clients.
Read Chirag Patel's full review
Lila Krutel Meyer profile photo
August 10, 2018

Pendo.io Review: "Communicating directly with our customers has never been easier or faster!"

We use Pendo primarily for displaying feature tooltips in our application, announcing upcoming releases and new features, and to offer in-app access to our product documentation via Pendo's guide center. We're no longer dependent on engineering and the release process to publish in-app help for our users. We've also been able to reduce the number of emails we send to customers with in-app announcements and increase our customer communication reach.
  • Pendo's support and CSM team are knowledgeable and very responsive.
  • Configuring in-app announcements is easy and quick.
  • Pendo empowers non-engineers to communicate directly with users in your own product!
  • Sometimes it's difficult or time-consuming to identify the in-app element's code that you want to tie a tooltip to.
  • Feature and page tagging should be automated rather than manual to assist with usage tracking.
  • Walkthrough guides, which include a string of guide steps, can be very time consuming to configure and test and require maintenance if your app changes.
I know a lot of other Pendo customers who use them primarily for usage tracking, and for delivering in-app NPS surveys. We aren't really using them for these purposes, but the tooltip, announcement, and documentation integration options work well for us.
Read Lila Krutel Meyer's full review
Russ Blackburn profile photo
July 27, 2018

Pendo.io Review: "Quick learning curve, up and running with targeted campaigns in no time!"

Pendo.io is being used by my UX department.
  • The UI interface is easy to navigate, set up and use
  • Support is helpful, assistance is provided if needed by reps from Pendo.io
  • Their tutorial help covers a vast amount of topics to help you get up and running quickly
  • My only request would be to have more patterns available to choose from when setting up Guides.
The ease of use alone makes using Pendo a breeze to set up and pull metrics. I've used Adobe Analytics in the past and it was such a pain to gather insights into my campaigns. Pendo allows for Guides to be set up quickly, meaning I do not have to bother my developers for the backend work.
Read Russ Blackburn's full review
Rayanna MacElveen profile photo
July 06, 2018

Pendo.io Review: "In my humble opinion..."

The Customer Success Team is the primary users of Pendo, but we utilize Pendo's metrics to aid in business decisions across the organization.
  • Pendo is great for launching customer satisfaction surveys!
  • Pendo helps us understand the usage
  • The tours are great for helping to automate our training and notification processes
  • It seems a bit cumbersome to edit and we only have one person on the team that is really capable of doing it.
Pendo is a great tool to help software providers give a strong customer experience beyond just the software.
Read Rayanna MacElveen's full review
June 27, 2018

Pendo.io Review: "An easier way to find data to understand your clients."

Pendo.io was initially implemented within a product where I was working as an Implementation Engineer. I have since switched to using as a Product Manager with a different product line. It uses have grown so far beyond our expectations. It is used across different departments. My initial use was based on engineering and client implementation and now I use it is a Product Manager in our Product Management Office. We initially started using it to help track client activity and reach out for client and user satisfaction metrics like NPS. It went from being used on a singular product to being a core part of product management's truth analytics for almost all of our product lines. It allows getting metrics from not just our clients but their user bases all while respecting our users by integrates seamlessly into the production workflow. It allows us to see what areas customers are using, how they are working through our application, and track adoption rates of new features.
  • It tracks user behavior even if we don't know we need to track. Being about to go back and tag something and get all the metrics from the past is awesome.
  • The targeted polling allows us to get information on the exact sectors we want like IE8 users. It is especially helpful given the cross-market of some of our products. It is good to be able to reach out to a subset of our user bases to find out particular information about their use cases.
  • The paths feature that allows us to reach forward and back from a given point to see what users are doing before and after they get there. Paired with the time spent function, it gives me great insight into how and where I might want to target work to really give my product the ability to supply productivity boost.
  • We had some issues implementing Pendo tags from some of older systems. It is a bit clumsy when it comes to legacy products that may not be built with modern web standards.
  • The pricing model is an inhibitor for our public facing products with a lot of single time users.
I do think some older enterprises would find the implementation process difficult, but not impossible. The pricing model may not be appropriate for business who have a lot of monthly users.
September 18, 2018

Pendo.io Review: "Pendo provides what others do not"

I'm currently using Pendo.io to provide insight into key features in the product, usage data, churn prediction and measuring adoption. The ability to see which features that are being used/not used is helpful to discover training opportunities, product enhancements, etc. One of the greatest benefits of Pendo.io is that you can also see WHO is performing each action. That is what separates Pendo.io from the rest.
  • Data Tracking
  • In-app messaging
  • Time to ROI -- the concepts and outcomes that Pendo can provide is so great, but getting there takes some time. There's so much data, what do we do with it? What does it all mean?
Pendo.io is a great tool to provide insight into product usage where you wouldn't be able to track this otherwise. Competitors may be able to track page hits but Pendo.io shows you who is visiting the page/feature/etc. This is great for targeted messaging, account reviews, and churn prediction. I can't think of a technology company that wouldn't benefit from the deep insight provided by Pendo.io.
Ashley Saliba profile photo
May 21, 2018

Pendo.io Review: "Dynamic product that is slowly becoming an integral part of the business"

Our company is a small software development organization and we use Pendo.io specifically within the Product Management function. It helps us easily track user behavior and see what actions people are taking most frequently, and also collects feedback through the polls. We previously had difficulty getting accurate user feedback because our surveys weren't all that timely, but Pendo.io polls help us get in the moment feedback in a way that's easy for users to respond quickly.
  • It makes tracking user behaviors and seeing metrics so easy for those of us who aren't data analysts. In the past, I would have had to submit a request to a data analyst to get some metrics on user behavior, but now I can do it immediately in Pendo.io myself. Also,
  • The polls are a great way to collect in the moment user feedback that we would have had difficulty sending before via Google Form or something like that. Insights have been tremendously helpful thus far.
  • It helps us consolidate many different tools. With Pendo.io we can do everything from tracking user behavior, to collecting feedback, and even announcing new features and posting tool tips. It has helped us get rid of a few tools as Pendo.io does so much more than other products.
  • The customer support is amazing. Whenever we need anything, we get extremely useful responses and support in a timely manner.
  • The set up process wasn't the easiest and required a good amount of time from one of our developers to get everything configured. So this isn't a product that's ready to go out of the box; you will have to put some time into configuration.
  • Posting Guides isn't all that intuitive. As a non-technical person, I usually have to ask a developer to help me out getting my design into a guide to post to users.
Pendo.io is great for non-technical product people who want to explore user behavior in detail without having to drag in a data analyst or developer to pull activity data from the database. It's also great for collecting feedback, as you can post polls on whatever page works best for you and even target specific users.

I don't think Pendo.io is great for posting product announcements (Guides). It's not all that intuitive to upload the guide and I find the view and click analytics difficult to understand when I feel like it should be a very simple concept. We previously used another vendor to do this and it was much, much easier and we got better analytics. We switched to Pendo.io because the product encompasses many different functions, but I do feel like the Guides (in app announcements) are a weakness.
Read Ashley Saliba's full review
Claire Stubblefield profile photo
June 08, 2018

"Pendo.io accelerates user engagement and product management satisfaction"

We use Pendo.io for three different product platforms across departments. Our product management department uses it to analyze usage, select users based on feature level behavior for interview candidates, implement welcome guides, maintenance notices, initiate surveys, add tool tips, and more. The marketing team uses it to initiate our bi-annual Net Promoter Score survey, and our customer care team uses it to do individual company and user level usage analysis to have more informed conversations and better save clients that are at risk.
  • Fantastic at implementing in-app messaging and guides with no development effort
  • Wonderful analytics on overall usage to micro usage of specific features
  • Easy to understand how to create segments of users, tag features and understand heat-map analytics of the application
  • Would love to implement a live-chat feature or integrate with a live chat based on triggered actions
  • Would like more robust survey tools to cross-analyze with usage
  • Crazy wish list item- auto tagging of features based on the button text and context of the page
Very well suited as a complete application to understand adoption, satisfaction, and usage patterns, but not a replacement for a CRM tool or active feedback. This is a passive feedback solution with really cool in-app notification/guides enablement.
Read Claire Stubblefield's full review
Joanie Lutz profile photo
May 29, 2018

Pendo.io Review: "Fantastic tool"

Pendo is used across a few departments in my organization. Primarily product, user experience, customer success, and sales. It is also used by C-level executives across the organization. It is providing valuable data on usage, engagement, and churn. In addition, it is used for all in-app messaging - announcement of webinars, and gathering NPS data.
  • Support. Pendo has phenomenal support. They are responsive, helpful, and understanding. They resolve all issues in a reasonable time and are fully transparent on issue resolution and delays.
  • Pendo is a fantastic tool for running NPS surveys. They evenly distribute surveys across the desired time frame and do all the NPS calculations for you. You can view responses, and even what the user was doing in our app at the time of the response.
  • Customization. I would like a bit more control over the Pendo interface. Grids/filtering/etc.
If you have no idea how your tool is being used, Pendo will be extremely valuable by giving you those metrics. If you have a complex app that requires a lot of guidance, Pendo will help your users be successful by offering in-app help and walkthroughs. It is less appropriate if you need to know details about the depth of usage, such as the number of items in your app a user has added, shared, deleted, etc.
Read Joanie Lutz's full review
Kelly M. Lafferty profile photo
May 09, 2018

Pendo.io Review: "Pendo has done wonders for our business!"

Pendo.io is being utilized across our organization. We use the walkthrough guides when new features are launched, or there's an update that affects our customers' existing workflow. We use the banners and light boxes for marketing purposes - whether that's promoting a new product or feature, or informing customers of upcoming events they might be interested in attending. The ability to target certain customers through Pendo has allowed us to show our marketing announcements to those that will benefit the most. We've also seen a huge increase in the number of NPS responses with the help of Pendo's NPS Guide.
  • Walkthrough guides allow us to provide our customers a better experience when learning a new area of our product
  • The NPS Guide has allowed us to target the actual users of our software to provide better insight
  • The banners & light boxes have allowed us to target specific segments with the message they need to see
  • This may have been solved since we last ran our NPS, but it was hard to find the follow-up question we added on to the end. We have to go into a separate guide and match up the info, making it difficult to translate who said what.
Pendo has transformed the way we communicate with our customers! Before, we'd rely on email or social media to get the message out there. The results we've seen with Pendo in regards to our marketing efforts have blown the traditional marketing avenues out of the water.
Read Kelly M. Lafferty's full review
Dylan Boan profile photo
May 03, 2018

Pendo.io Review: "A tool that takes client pulse from anecdote to data derived!"

I use Pendo.io just about every day to manage my segment of customers. By setting up a personalized account report, I get an at a glance view of which of my customers are the heaviest users of any particular feature, which customers aren't utilizing our platform fully, and most importantly, if any customers aren't using it at all! This dine-and-dash approach to the data that I need has allowed me to transform my approach from one of reactivity to proactive, high-value engagement. As an organization, Pendo.io helps us track feature usage, conduct surveys, promote events, and ensure that we're always making data-driven decisions when moving our product forward.
  • Highly customizable reports
  • Easy segment creation
  • Insightful paths and funnels
  • Feature tagging
  • Guides have a barrier to entry without a coding background
Pendo.io is tailor-made for the modern day SaaS company. Whether a small start-up or a large corporation, Pendo.io takes product design and testing from anecdote to data-driven science. On the Customer Success side of the house, it provides the data needed to adequately gauge the health of accounts, determine training needs, highlight successes, and develop strategic plans for engagement. If your product is going to stay competitive, you can't afford to miss out on a solution like Pendo.io!
Read Dylan Boan's full review
Dana Anthony profile photo
April 20, 2018

Pendo.io Review: "Beneficial tool for in-app messaging and customer engagement"

Pendo is being used by marketing and our product team at Infusionsoft. Pendo is a great tool for in-app messaging. Once you dedicate the time to learn how to use the tool, it can be extremely powerful. I primarily use it to set up in-app notifications (or guides) for marketing purposes, and it can be highly valuable for conversion.

• Pendo's support team and customer success managers are top-notch and extremely helpful and courteous.
  • They are always innovating the product by rolling out new features.
  • Once you dedicate the time to learn how to use the tool, it's user-friendly.
  • The only thing I would say, is there's somewhat of a learning curve with Pendo, so it's best to get in there and practice using the tool and learn all of the nuances.
Whether you are urging your customers to take an action or providing valuable content to them, the in-app messaging tool is extremely effective.
Read Dana Anthony's full review
Sarah Garber profile photo
April 19, 2018

Pendo.io Review: "Very customized data in an easy to use interface!"

Pendo is used primarily by our Customer Success and Product teams. It allows us to monitor usage by our client accounts, see what features are associated with high NPS scores, and track growth with existing customers.
  • Great for segmenting users and comparing activity between segments.
  • Makes it really easy to show clients what their usage has looked like over time.
  • Allows us to easily identify features used by many users and those that may need more client education.
  • Very minor nit, but it would be nice to be able to copy segments.
Pendo's guides are great for educating users once they've signed in to our application and helping to quickly identify areas where users may be getting stuck or features that are underutilized. Also, it's gotten really great with the last update at allowing us to generate and save custom reports comparing segments of our users!

It's also incredibly easy to use and understand the visualizations and our clients love receiving reports on their usage that have Pendo charts! Since Pendo does not provide for outbound messaging (completely fine with that), you do need to have another tool available to do your outbound messaging to get users into an application in the first place.
Read Sarah Garber's full review
Cristal Ghitman profile photo
April 17, 2018

Pendo.io Review: "Happy User!"

I use Pendo.io every day to check very specific metrics of engagement with our product. It not only allows me to report to my customers how their team is doing with our system, but it also helps me understand the areas in which we can train and support our customers more. Other people across my organization use it for understanding and prioritizing development, maximizing customer engagement, and tracking specifics related to new releases and enhancements. I find it to be one of the most valuable tools we have for managing the success of our accounts!
  • Reports are highly customizable
  • Easy to understand and Navigate
  • The program moves quickly and provides great data
  • Guides are a little difficult to understand without training
Pendio.io is really well suited to driving conversations with customers and using the information you get to develop specific training and recommendations. For us, knowing that a customer isn't using a particular feature of our product can affect development internally and training externally. There are areas of our product that cannot be measured in Pendio.io, such as support calls, and we use other systems to track those.
Read Cristal Ghitman's full review
Lyla Rozelle profile photo
April 16, 2018

Pendo.io Review: "Looking through our Product with "pink" colored glasses!"

We use Pendo for user analytics, in-app messaging, and guidance. Our whole organization touches Pendo in some way, but our main users are the Product and Customer Success teams. Customer Success is easily able to pinpoint what their accounts/users are doing and now it affects their interactions with the customer, and Product is easily able to see how users interact with the app so we can target change. It definitely gave us a window into how people were interacting with the app, before we had Pendo we were just flying blind.
  • Embedded heatmaps and feature tagging are very intuitive, I've used other systems that involve engineering effort to track events and it is very time-consuming and cumbersome.
  • Easy to use navigation and visibility into account activity.
  • Tracking behavior through funnels and paths.
  • Guide creation and management (they are working on this though).
  • Groups and managing groups.
  • More integrations and a configurable customer health score.
Pendo is great for businesses who want to have data-driven product roadmaps, customer success interactions, and marketing materials. It doesn't make sense as solely as a tool to guide or educate users. If you're comparing against WalkMe or Totango, Pendo is really the only solution that does the analytics, SFDC integration, and in-app messaging well.
Read Lyla Rozelle's full review
Aaron Beaty profile photo
March 09, 2018

Review: "Pendo.io is a wonderful product to dePend on."

Pendo.io is being used by our business to understand how our customers are using our product and how we can better design our software for the betterment of our customer experience. Pendo.io addresses the need to understand how our customers are interacting with our software and what areas may need improvement based on usage statistics.
  • Provides a clean interface with which to interact. This ensures all data is able to be found quickly and efficiently.
  • Provides accurate and up to date metrics on the data we are looking for.
  • Allows us to create guides and surveys to keep us closer with our customers and ensure we are offering the best product we can.
  • The current Dashboard is easy to use but is limited on the customization ability. I'd like to see the ability to customize your dashboard and move features where you want them instead of adding them and having them be set/stuck for you.
Pendo.io is perfect if you're looking to gain a better understanding of not only your product but also find out how your customers are interacting with your product. It's perfect for small to large scale software businesses who are looking to obtain a better understanding of the analytics behind their product.
Read Aaron Beaty's full review
Greg Roush profile photo
March 09, 2018

Pendo.io Review: "Looking for customer usage insights - check out Pendo"

We use Pendo for tracking usage analytics of our customers within our platform. Customer Success, Engineering, and our Product teams use it to see which features our customers are using, how frequently are they using them, etc. It helps us know which features and pages need to be worked on from product and engineering perspectives but it helps CS know what to talk about on monthly calls with customers to help deliver more value while using our platform.
  • Customer usage insights. We're able to see exactly what pages and features our customers are using. This helps our product team know what to concentrate on when making enhancements and the CS team know where people are getting stuck.
  • NPS surveys. We're able to capture NPS surveys directly in our platform by using Pendo. We don't have to send out a separate form for customers to fill out, they can just tell us directly in our product.
  • Guiding users through different functionality. We're able to use Pendo to set up guides that will instruct our customers on what to do when using specific pieces of our platform.
  • Communicating outages or updates. We're able to put different announcements on our platform using Pendo so we can communicate outages of the platform for maintenance as well as general release notes.
  • Reporting can be a bit limited. They have standard reports that you can run but it would be nice to see a deeper level of reporting.
If you're trying to understand what your customers are doing and how they're using your platform, I would highly recommend Pendo. I've seen other tools that offer guides to help walk customers through different pieces of their platforms, but none that provide that feature as well as the analytics around how our customers are doing using our platform.
Read Greg Roush's full review
Vanessa Cahill profile photo
March 06, 2018

Pendo.io Review: "Pendo is the tool I've been waiting for!"

Pendo is being used primarily by our Client Services and Product teams. Our CS team is using Pendo to work through pilot customers, and identify opportunities and risks within our customer set. Our Product team is using Pendo to track feature engagement and build guides to help our customers with onboarding and working through common tasks within our product.
  • Pendo's UI is really easy to understand. They have a lot of customization options in all of their table and dashboard views and the way they present their data is very clear.
  • Being able to tag and implement things using CSS is a huge win for my team. We have limited developer resources, but I am able to go in and use my CSS knowledge to tag anything that I need tracked without having to pull resources from our dev team.
  • The Pendo Support team is amazing. They are incredibly responsive and very quick to help work through any problem.
  • The walkthroughs/guides, tooltips, etc are really easy to implement. They, too, work off of CSS tags, so there's no need for developer help.
  • Pendo doesn't have a clear area for providing feedback or feature requests.
Pendo is really well suited for quick analytics on your customers because of the ease of implementation. Being able to create guides and messaging without developer resources makes it great for a small company. We're still learning what else Pendo can help us do, but we're optimistic that it can do much more than we're using it for!
Read Vanessa Cahill's full review