Pendo.io is a product engagement platform with features for in-app analytics, surveys and feedback, and guidance.Pendo changed the way we do productWe use Pendo.io in our Product team for tracking usage data, tracking NPS, creating in-app engagement, and managing in-app education. We are able to use the data from Pendo.io to inform product decisions and improve customer experience. We are able to provide contextual answers to common questions to decrease our support volume.,Pendo.io support is responsive and informed. Pendo.io segmentation is top notch. You can break down user groups into random groups, groups based off of product usage, groups based off of permissions, or a combination thereof. Pendo.io's targeting of elements is very simple, and their recent update has made it even more streamlined.,I would love it if Pendo.io would add a dedicated space where you can work on segments. Having to access them through drop-downs in random places throughout the app isn't the best. I'd love for them to expand their integrations with other programs that support product managers.,9,Pendo.io has been instrumental in the implementation of payment processing in our application. We were able to drive applications and usage with targeted in-app guides. On more than one occasion, analyzing usage data from Pendo.io has kept us from creating features in a way that would negatively impact our users. This has saved dev time and customer happiness! We are able to quickly create lists of users for our R&D team to communicate with based off of usage data in Pendo.io. This saves our team and our customers' time.,WalkMe and Appcues,Help Scout, ClubHouse Online, MySQL, HubSpot CRM,Customer Surveys,Online training,10,8,Yes,One evening, I was creating a guide to announce a new piece of functionality that was being released that night. I could not for the life of me get the guide to work. I sent a panicked email to the Pendo.io support team, and their manager called me at 10:30 pm to make sure I had what I needed for a successful release. I was able to finish the task and go to bed knowing that my end users weren't going to wake up completely confused the next morning!A Well Deserved 5 Stars!Pendo.io has been an absolutely amazing application for our company. We have been able to use this for a catch-all of activities that we have been wanting to execute but didn't know how to. In-app tours for first-time users of our platform, support, notifications and product feedback, user analytics, NPS, product validation and the list goes on. Pendo.io has really served as a great asset in understanding and communicating with our users directly within our application. Pendo.io is predominantly used by our Customer success team but also by our product team and marketing teams. Besides Customer Success and Product teams, the reporting from Pendo.io has proven to be of value to our marketing and finance teams as well.,In-app messaging (guided tours, alerts, notices, etc) Feature usage and user activity within applications App usage reporting,Integration with Zendesk guides Simplifying the presentation of paths users take within the application Organization of guides (suggest adding folder or folder like structuring to make it easier to manage large numbers of guides),10,Feature use validation Customer app engagement time and volume Customer communication,Customer SurveysPendo makes it easy to understand your Product, without giving you a headache!We've been using Pendo to gather data about usage of our multiple services as well as creating personalised guides for our Users. It's been great so far and we've been able to build and track our KPIs around Pendo data, which is capable to not only present data, but allows us to go into detail information about users and create reports and graphs with ease. Guides allowed us to drive adoption and communicate new features to our users as well as get their feedback on the products we work on. I'd definitely recommend Pendo, its biggest advantages are ease of use and outstanding suppport.,Ease of Use - Interface is easily understandable and laid out clearly. Support - Pendo provides us with great Customer Experience through their Support Team as well as Account Manager. Flexibility - We are able to adjust Guides and Reports in many ways. Well Defined Reports - Default graph and raports are very usefull and are good enough to gather most important information on our users.,Customisation of Guides might be hard to understand for all of the users as it requires CSS/HTML knowledge. Would be great to have more in depth (advanced) options for Guides start method. More Enhancement Request than a downside - I'd like to be able to save snapshots from specific time in the tool - I.E Data of Q42018. I know I can click few times and get it each time, but I'd like to have some saved ones always ready.,9,It allowed us to build KPIs with the metrics it provides. Pendo allowed us to communicate with our users easy and fast!,Google Analytics,More than 100 peoplePendo.io: Analytics for AnyonePendo is being used for one of our newer products (where it was easier to work into the code), but not for our flagship product. It's used for analytics, occasional announcements, and invitations to participate in our NPS survey. We could/should be using it more.,I love that you can target specific tags and elements for analytics. It's pretty easy even if you don't understand HTML, and super easy if you do. It's easy to set up specific filters and audience groups to slice and dice the data.,Pendo is very flexible... and sometimes that causes problems. For example, you can customize your guides and invitations with your own HTML, CSS, and JS, but the effects of doing this are not always obvious and sometimes break the experience without you being able to tell. I've had a support person even tell me that they recommend people NOT change the HTML or CSS for this reason... in which case the feature shouldn't be exposed to users. It is harder to identify specific data about a user (role, permission level, etc.) than it ought to be. You can set up specific custom fields, but it's not easy and requires a bunch of coordination.,8,I'm not in the loop on ROI issues.,WalkMe and Google Analytics,26 to 50 people,Setting up analytics (tags) Setting up filters and target audiences,Changing CSS, HTML, or JS can have unexpected results.,9Pendo.io has absolutely changed how foreUP does business!Pendo.io is being used currently by our entire company. Account Management and Client Success use it for NPS, and to create reports and systems to indicate leading indicators of churn. They also use Pendo to facilitate new customer onboarding. We have found that the Product and Dev departments also use Pendo.io to understand how the product as a whole is being used and where we find bottlenecks that can improve customer/user experience. It has completely changed how we operate and make data-driven decisions.,Analytics for software usage. Indicators of churn. Guides and tutorials that are easy to set up. Incredible segmentation abilities that allow for customized messaging.,Pathway and funnel generation takes longer to load than we'd like. It's a little difficult to dig into specific data/feature usage per visitor/account. Currently, you can set the default visitor table to be viewed in Pendo.io, you have to customize the columns, which we have to do every individual time.,10,From a product standpoint, we have loved being able to share with our customers the data to support our decisions, be it large changes or small. I love that my team members can have their own personalized dashboard upon login that provides them the data and information relative to their projects. We have found that we have been able to reduce customer churn by identifying trends that lead to churn. Managers are able to reach out and provide assistance prior to the customer becoming escalated or leaving.,Employee Surveys Customer Surveys Research Studies
Pendo.io

Pendo.io Reviews

Pendo.io
TrustRadius Top Rated for 2018
Filter 76 vetted Pendo.io reviews and ratings

Emily Hardin profile photo
May 16, 2019

Pendo.io Review: "Pendo changed the way we do product"

• Pendo.io support is responsive and informed.
  • Pendo.io segmentation is top notch. You can break down user groups into random groups, groups based off of product usage, groups based off of permissions, or a combination thereof.
  • Pendo.io's targeting of elements is very simple, and their recent update has made it even more streamlined.
  • I would love it if Pendo.io would add a dedicated space where you can work on segments. Having to access them through drop-downs in random places throughout the app isn't the best.
  • I'd love for them to expand their integrations with other programs that support product managers.
Pendo.io is great for running analytics and creating quick dashboards so you can provide easy to interpret product usage information to stakeholders through your company.

I also love being able to create targeted guides that provide necessary information to affected users and don't bother anyone else!
Read Emily Hardin's full review
Keegan Ross profile photo
April 08, 2019

Pendo.io Review: "A Well Deserved 5 Stars!"

• In-app messaging (guided tours, alerts, notices, etc)
  • Feature usage and user activity within applications
  • App usage reporting
  • Integration with Zendesk guides
  • Simplifying the presentation of paths users take within the application
  • Organization of guides (suggest adding folder or folder like structuring to make it easier to manage large numbers of guides)
Pendo.io is extremely useful at providing insight on high-level and even mid-level detail on use app engagement with simplicity. Building guides are also quick and easy and don't require a strong background in HTML. All-in-all this is a great app to pick up and use without an extremely steep learning curve.
Read Keegan Ross's full review
Andrzej Jagielski profile photo
March 04, 2019

Pendo.io Review: "Pendo makes it easy to understand your Product, without giving you a headache!"

• Ease of Use - Interface is easily understandable and laid out clearly.
  • Support - Pendo provides us with great Customer Experience through their Support Team as well as Account Manager.
  • Flexibility - We are able to adjust Guides and Reports in many ways.
  • Well Defined Reports - Default graph and raports are very usefull and are good enough to gather most important information on our users.
  • Customisation of Guides might be hard to understand for all of the users as it requires CSS/HTML knowledge.
  • Would be great to have more in depth (advanced) options for Guides start method.
  • More Enhancement Request than a downside - I'd like to be able to save snapshots from specific time in the tool - I.E Data of Q42018. I know I can click few times and get it each time, but I'd like to have some saved ones always ready.
Pendo is great if you are looking to understand the usage of your application. It allows to build heatmaps and get the data on specific pages and features usage, as well as it gives you the ability to build basic guides to enhance User Experience. I wouldn't recommend Pendo if you are looking for a very advanced and detailed tool. It has a lot of capabilities, but has its limitations. Don't get me wrong though - it is not a disadvantage, it provides all the key indicators and features that are most important and for us - it is perfect. This way it is not too crowded and makes it easy to use and understand.
Read Andrzej Jagielski's full review
Ted Boren profile photo
February 20, 2019

Pendo.io Review: "Pendo.io: Analytics for Anyone"

• I love that you can target specific tags and elements for analytics. It's pretty easy even if you don't understand HTML, and super easy if you do.
  • It's easy to set up specific filters and audience groups to slice and dice the data.
  • Pendo is very flexible... and sometimes that causes problems. For example, you can customize your guides and invitations with your own HTML, CSS, and JS, but the effects of doing this are not always obvious and sometimes break the experience without you being able to tell. I've had a support person even tell me that they recommend people NOT change the HTML or CSS for this reason... in which case the feature shouldn't be exposed to users.
  • It is harder to identify specific data about a user (role, permission level, etc.) than it ought to be. You can set up specific custom fields, but it's not easy and requires a bunch of coordination.
Good for walkthroughs, guides, and analytics. OK for very simple surveys. Inappropriate for surveys with more than one or two questions, or which require more robust survey functionality.
Read Ted Boren's full review
Christian Arntsen profile photo
April 30, 2019

Pendo.io Review: "Pendo.io has absolutely changed how foreUP does business!"

• Analytics for software usage.
  • Indicators of churn.
  • Guides and tutorials that are easy to set up.
  • Incredible segmentation abilities that allow for customized messaging.
  • Pathway and funnel generation takes longer to load than we'd like.
  • It's a little difficult to dig into specific data/feature usage per visitor/account.
  • Currently, you can set the default visitor table to be viewed in Pendo.io, you have to customize the columns, which we have to do every individual time.
We absolutely love Pendo.io. It's hard to think about what our processes and company would be like without the functionality Pendo.io has provided us with.
Read Christian Arntsen's full review
Tamara Bugarski profile photo
December 20, 2018

Pendo.io Review: "Pendo helps me do my job in ways I didn't know were possible"

Pendo was a new concept to me when I started my Product Management Associate position at a software company. Being new to the software industry, I didn't realize how valuable it would be to look at the analytics of how customers use your website. Throughout my work term, my main task was to look at various statistics on how our customers interacted with the UI (number of clicks, time on site, etc.) that Pendo tracked, and present my findings. Additionally, we also have a guide centre that varies by page which I was responsible for updating and refining. It truly amazed me that there was a software that existed that could do all of what is helpful to the Product Management Team, along with Customer Success. I can't imagine what my term would have been like without Pendo!
  • Tracks customer interaction in a way that makes it easy to extract and read data
  • Help provide help content to users in a way that is easy to manage
  • Clean and organized UI help save time when searching for specifics in the website
  • A way to label different guide names without the title appearing on the website
  • A way to create a duplicate of a superpage, without having to recreate it from scratch
  • URL doesn't change when looking at different guides in-app
Pendo is well suited for scenarios where a company wishes to look at how a customer is using their website to better understand the likes and dislikes of the UI.
Also, it is well suited for easing the on-boarding experience for customers with the aid of help guides that can be created and managed through Pendo.
Read Tamara Bugarski's full review
Jonathan Slavuter profile photo
December 19, 2018

Pendo.io Review: "Stellar communication tool from a stellar team"

Pendo is currently used by several teams at Conductor. Most notably, the Product, Product Marketing, Customer Knowledge & Support, Customer Success, and Engineering teams. While each department has several different use cases for Pendo, we're actively working towards improving our communication and reporting workflows to establish clear procedures and transparency across teams.

For messaging purposes, we use Pendo to communicate:
  • Surveys
  • Partner announcements
  • Error notifications
  • Engagement nurtures & feature highlights
  • User groups / events
For analytics purposes, we use Pendo to track:
  • Page engagement
  • Feature engagement
  • Visitors & account reports
  • On-going trend and click path reporting
  • NPS surveys
Our main drives in using Pendo are to minimize development resources needed to communicate directly to our users in an agile manner, receive feedback from our users easily, keep users informed in the context of their workflows, and understand how users engage with our application to help substantiate product decisions.
  • Pendo provides a flexible solution to rapidly create and deploy messaging to our users directly in the context of our application. We can target segments of users easily, and can even set up engagement tracking on the guides themselves to gauge how effective they are.
  • We also utilize Pendo for good high-level on-going reporting centered around feature engagement. On the Product team, we reference these reports for our QBRs, as well as during design strategy sessions to substantiate which areas of our application we want to focus on for improvements.
  • We utilize NPS poll data to understand user perspectives, delightful moments & pain points, and use that qualitative data to power customer stories for internal & external presentations on application usage. We also combine that qualitative data with engagement data to further plan ongoing product update efforts.
  • Customer service is top class. Really. Their team is amazing, and I chat with them pretty regularly. I create lots of custom implementations of guides and often have questions about what I can & can't do. Our CSM is super responsive and very knowledgeable. When I have more technical questions, I have an easy time scheduling 1-on-1's with their tech support team, and 98% of the time, my questions are resolved quickly. I recently had the pleasure of speaking with the VP of Product regarding their roadmap and was pleasantly surprised to find out that a feature I wanted to suggest is already in the roadmap & being developed.
  • This team is super engaged and cares about their partners. They are a terrific example of how to effectively grow a product, create an environment to foster customer loyalty, and make sure everyone wins.
  • I'd love to see an integration with Airtable, it's my primary organizational tool at this point, and I think it would be quite effective with live Pendo data.
  • I'd love to get more granular data on the analytics side - currently, we use Pendo for higher level reporting (and on-going reporting) on a page / feature basis, but it takes a little time to set up definitions & parse the data. On-demand reporting without a lag would be major.
  • Some parts of the interface have small hiccups (ex: uploading a CSV for a segment doesn't display the CSV name properly), and navigating large tables isn't particularly easy (ex: lack of pagination / scroll area while viewing the guides or pages list)
On the messaging front, we're constantly finding new use cases to use Pendo. As previously mentioned, guides:
  • are quick to set up and deploy
  • don't necessarily require dev resources
  • are super customizable and can be targeted effectively
On the analytics front, I'd say that high-level reporting is great, but very granular reporting isn't as easy.
Read Jonathan Slavuter's full review
Ryan Hogg profile photo
April 05, 2019

Pendo.io Review: "Powerful Cross-Functional Solution For Usage Insights"

At Affinio, Pendo.io is being leveraged across departments, spanning Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, and Product.
My team (sales) uses it to glean insights into user behavior and adoption -- specifically during trials. My CS team uses it to monitor and spur customer adoption.
Before Pendo, my team was completely in the dark on usage data for prospects on trial. That information needed to be pulled and analyzed by our operations team, resulting in bottleneck delays. Now, my team is empowered, data-driven, and able to meet unmet needs -- this increases both win rates and deal velocity, as my team can help guide users to 'ah-ha' moments much more quickly and assuredly.
  • Ease-of-use: Pendo's interface is intuitive and incredibly easy to use once it's set up.
  • Seamless sync up with Salesforce/CRM.
  • Flexibility and granularity -- myriad ways to build dashboards, analytics, etc.
  • Share-ability: ability to create, share, and replicate/duplicate dashboards. This would allow my team to standardize their dashboard views.
Suited to:
  • Sales teams looking to glean insight into usage for trials.
  • CS teams looking to glean insights into user behaviors and monitor adoption/health.
  • Sales teams analyzing user behaviors in order to optimize subsequent trials and boost conversion.
Read Ryan Hogg's full review
Bob Samuels profile photo
March 28, 2019

Pendo.io Review: "Pendo.io makes product analytics easy"

In the 4 months since implementing, we've made heavy use of Pendo in our Product Management and UX groups to aid in finding hotspots, evaluate the success of features, and seek out areas of improvement or possible retirement. We've begun experimenting with guides and tooltips to prompt usage of more lightly used features and to introduce new functionality to our users.

We've utilized the Salesforce connector to pull data in at the account level to aid in segmentation when evaluating feature usage and rendering guides. Additionally, we've begun pushing account level activity and feature usage reports out to Salesforce that gets used within our Gainsight customer engagement scores.
  • The ability to tag features is amazing. I've used other behavior analytics tools that required development time for each additional feature (or update) and Pendo's tagging functionality is 1000x easier and quicker.
  • Guide creation! Again, we've used tools like joyride or similar to introduce features but they require programming time, time to change, and time to remove.
  • Path analysis is incredible - seeing what people are doing is great, but then seeing what they do before and after they've done the desired feature is really, really useful to get a bigger picture of "why".
  • The new feature tagging tool/designer doesn't seem to always work very well. I often drop back to the original.
  • Observing behavior that is not performed via a click (drag & drop, form submission, etc) is impossible.
  • The dashboards could be made more useful - only being able to add (mostly) pre-defined widgets is limiting. I wish I could define several features to watch on a dashboard...I would love to create one dashboard per application or product we sell with the most crucial features & user info on each.
If you have a moderately technical team, who can tag features based on CSS rules, Pendo.io is the analytics tool you need. If not, you may be better off with a more developer oriented tool.
Read Bob Samuels's full review
Tim Mullen profile photo
March 28, 2019

Pendo.io Review: "Hugely powerful platform which is easy to use and understand"

We use it across the entire organization to get an understanding of how our users experience our platform and to help guide them to specific areas we want them to see, use and understand. It has solved a huge problem of needing to use up valuable resources to code in guides and tooltips - instead, we can actually understand where our users need help and then implement guides or walkthroughs to help them.
  • Guides are so easy to use and put in place. As someone who is not traditionally from a tech background, it is easy to implement without the need of technical resources and you can have a new guide live in minutes to address a problem you might have.
  • Easy to understand insights: we used to use another provider and felt the insights we were getting were convoluted and a little hard to understand. Pendo.io is far more visual and it's easy to see what your users are doing and how they move through our app.
  • Sometimes we do have some issues with guides behaving as they should, despite everything looking right in terms of the implementation.
  • More system-generated recommendations of changes you can make to your app/site would always be welcome - with Pendo.io already seeing the data, it would then be great to see which pages need tooltips, guides or walkthroughs.
Definitely well suited if you want to understand what your users are doing and how to provide a great onboarding experience for them. The fact you can also use it to collect valuable feedback on what your users want to see (including NPS), means you have one single system that does a lot of what you need when it comes to user experience.
Read Tim Mullen's full review
Byron Duncan profile photo
March 12, 2019

Pendo.io Review: "Incredible for in-app NPS"

We utilize Pendo.io to accomplish in-app NPS and track product usage. It's been incredibly enlightening to see what users get frustrated with, and what they like, in order to compile trends and a plan of attack into our user-base.
  • Detailed insights into product usage.
  • Seeing which customers are frustrated.
  • Onboarding walkthroughs.
  • More robust reporting.
  • Additional marketing functionality.
  • Chat support.
Incredibly helpful for in-app NPS and to determine product usage and feedback.
Read Byron Duncan's full review
Aaron Beaty profile photo
January 28, 2019

Pendo.io Review: "Pendo.io is a wonderful product to dePend on."

Pendo.io is being used by our business to understand how our customers are using our product and how we can better design our software for the betterment of our customer experience. Pendo.io addresses the need to understand how our customers are interacting with our software and what areas may need improvement based on usage statistics.
  • Provides a clean interface with which to interact. This ensures all data is able to be found quickly and efficiently.
  • Provides accurate and up to date metrics on the data we are looking for.
  • Allows us to create guides and surveys to keep us closer with our customers and ensure we are offering the best product we can.
  • The current Dashboard is easy to use but is limited on the customization ability. I'd like to see the ability to customize your dashboard and move features where you want them instead of adding them and having them be set/stuck for you.
Pendo.io is perfect if you're looking to gain a better understanding of not only your product but also find out how your customers are interacting with your product. It's perfect for small to large scale software businesses who are looking to obtain a better understanding of the analytics behind their product.
Read Aaron Beaty's full review
Harry Kaplowitz profile photo
January 21, 2019

Pendo.io Review: "Great usage analytics tool for Product Managers"

We use Pendo.io to track usage of and engagement with our SaaS application. We've tagged pages and features and identified workflows in order to see if usage on the ground matches our expectations of our user experience and to track feature adoption across clients and client segments. We also use Pendo.io to message our users about new features, upcoming opportunities, and any service outages.
  • Pendo.io has a very intuitive and in-depth UI that allows me to digest a lot of data easily and within a single page.
  • Pendo.io is easy to install and manage.
  • Pendo.io has enough customization to allow me to get what I need out of it, but isn't so customizable that it becomes a pain to manage.
  • Pendo.io makes it easy to create easy notifications for users.
  • Pendo's team produces great Product content.
  • Added customizability to its usage metric (more than just logins).
  • Broader library of announcement templates.
I think if you are a PM for any kind of SaaS application that has regular users, you need Pendo.io, or something like it. The only instances where Pendo.io would not be a good fit for you are if your users rarely log in (i.e., middleware) or you already depend on internal tools for user messaging and monitoring. But even then, Pendo.io is a benefit because it takes the effort of maintaining internal tools off your hands.
Read Harry Kaplowitz's full review
Nicholas Roberts profile photo
January 16, 2019

Pendo.io Review: "Quick and easy messaging and analytics"

Pendo is used across our organization and is essential to our user adoption. We use guides to help new users get acclimated and to inform current users about new features and releases. Pendo is also the backbone of our recently stood-up NPS and other user surveys, providing an easy way to integrate the surveys directly into the platform and then push that data out of Pendo and into our other systems. Overall, what should have been a complicated NPS implementation was made super easy by Pendo.
  • Pendo makes it easy to quickly create in-app guides and messaging, without a great deal of technical knowledge necessary
  • When we decided to start tracking NPS, Pendo was our obvious choice and made the whole process quite simple
  • The segmentation options make it trivial to target very specific subsets of users, for anything from usage tracking to survey responses
  • A lot of the UI still feels like it could be polished -- there's no separate menu to edit/create a segment without first opening a report for example. Most of it is very intuitive but decisions such as the above can be frustrating.
  • There are certain fields that can't be used in reports but are available in other parts of the app. For instance, a visitor report can't use the date of response for an NPS survey as a field, so it can't be pushed externally. However, this information is plainly available in the NPS panel. Making additional fields available for use in reports would be a major step forward.
  • There still seems to be hiccups with the Salesforce Visitor and Account integrations. Fields don't sync sometimes, or need to be selected multiple times before the field actually displays under the account or visitor.
Pendo's messaging use-cases are on point and highly customizable, while also being quick and easy to implement. The reporting afterward is still a work in progress in some regards, but they have always been quick with their responses, either explaining their reasoning for specific decisions or providing a workaround. If you're willing to submit feedback and work with their limitations Pendo is an excellent choice. If you are looking for a heavy, granular analytics platform that is already fully-featured there may be better options available.
Read Nicholas Roberts's full review
Mark Aronoff profile photo
January 11, 2019

Pendo.io Review: "Pendo usage for Software Analytics"

We use Pendo on a regular basis to monitor the adoption and engagement with our customers' interaction with our software. It is great for insights into where people spend their time and informs us what they really care about. They appreciate that especially when we use that data to inform our strategic conversations so that we're not playing a "guessing game" or acting like "we don't know" where their interests lie. All in all a great data-driven tool that is universally adopted across the organization.
  • Research usage by account and by user.
  • Showing specific activities rolled up by account or by individual user.
  • N/A
In my experience Pendo has been an invaluable tool for evaluating software usage and adoption.
Read Mark Aronoff's full review
Joel Baldwin profile photo
December 22, 2018

Pendo.io Review: "Ask me about Pendo Guides for Customer Education"

Pendo is integrated with one of our company product lines which is a cloud-based service. Pendo is used by multiple departments to address different aspects of customer interaction. Product Management uses if for customer insight (e.g. feature adoption). Product Marketing uses it for surveys and NPS scoring. Support uses it for technical announcements (e.g. planned outages for software updating). Education uses it to announce new features and offer online training guides.
  • Pendo provides absolutely fabulous support. I am continually impressed by the speed, usefulness, and personal touch when they respond to my questions.
  • It has frequently been my experience that when I ask about a Pendo capability which I wish I had but can't seem to find, the answer is "yes, we can do that" and then they point me in the right direction.
  • I enjoy the transparency provided by the roadmap webinars--they allow me to consider how I might use upcoming features to improve my communication with, or evaluation of, my customer's behavior.
  • Personally, I seem to have a hard time finding answers to my technical questions in the Help system. I usually end up reaching out to my Customer Success rep. That's okay, those people are very helpful, but I prefer self-help to start.
  • Sometimes the technical help articles are a little *too* technical--like they assume they are being used by a developer, which I am not. So there is a tough balance between not technical and too technical, and unfortunately, I'm right in that middle ground.
  • Sometimes I can't make the dashboard numbers "match" the way I think they should, i.e. reconciling different views of the same data. I usually attribute it to my lack of understanding, but it has been a little frustrating.
  • My personal use of Pendo is exclusively within the guides. Every year I get heavily marketed to come to the user conference, but the sessions seem weighted towards product management--not much for people like me. So I don't go.
I use Pendo to raise customer's awareness of new software features, and to invite them to make use of online training resources. The core strength of Pendo is its ability to segment, meaning you can target who sees your message. There are many prebuilt attributes, and your coders can add custom attributes based on your software to help create segment definitions. This has been a critical capability for allowing us to make sure our pop-up messages are only seen by the users to whom they are pertinent and not by anyone else. We all know that when a user is in the software they are there to work, and many see or treat a pop-up as an irritant, an ad, or something that is just in the way, so we try to keep the guides as meaningful as possible.
Read Joel Baldwin's full review
Daniel Haslam profile photo
March 18, 2019

Pendo.io Review: "Love the tool!"

Fantastic software that assists our team with key data to track customer interaction and movement across the platform. On the client success side, it helps us identify how we can better help our customers.
  • Helps us track the usage of our platform.
  • Lets us know when clients are on our site so we can provide enough support members at those key hours.
  • Shows where the customers are on the platform.
  • Email alerts for specified parameters.
Customer success, sales, engineering.
Read Daniel Haslam's full review
David Buchanan profile photo
February 15, 2019

Pendo.io Review: "Pendo is an invaluable product for the product organization"

Pendo is currently used by several teams at Solutionreach, Product, Product Marketing, User Experience and Research, Customer Knowledge Base, and Customer Success. While each department has several different use cases for Pendo, we're actively working towards improving our customer experience and their successes while using Solutionreach. Pendo allows these benefits through better on-boarding, better access to a knowledge base, and intuitive walk-throughs to guide them through tricky pieces of the platform. As well as data from all aspects of the product and using that data to inform product decisions.
  • Pendo has a very intuitive and in-depth UI with good digestible data.
  • Pendo NPS and the data we can gather from the NPS responses, has been invaluable in helping with the customer/user experience.
  • Pendo guide/walkthrough customization allows the team to get what we need out of it, across all teams.
  • Pendo guides/walkthroughs could be more customizable and easier to customize.
  • Pendo clickthrough tracking on guides could be added upon for more data points.
  • Pendo could have a better UI around cohort/segment creation and management.
Pendo is well suited for teams wanting to build data-driven products, and drive feature adoption with nice, easy to implement guides.
Read David Buchanan's full review
Rusty Atkinson profile photo
February 15, 2019

Pendo.io Review: "Deep visibility into customer behavior"

Customer Support and Product Management use Pendo.io. The company NPS survey is delivered using Pendo.io. We are able to get deep visibility into how our customers actually use our platform. We are able to locate under-utilized features and pages.
The NPS tool is simple to implement and has returned 25%+/- adoption since it was implemented. We also receive outstanding insight from our customers as they respond to the in-app query.
  • NPS with a high adoption rate.
  • Feature and page utilization.
  • Seemingly infinite ability to segment user data.
  • Reporting.
  • Creation of meaningful guides takes some effort...simple guides are self-explanatory but significant effort is required to deliver deeper guides.
[Pendo.io is well suited for] NPS, product utilization data, customer utilization data, understanding specific customer behaviors.
Read Rusty Atkinson's full review
Tamara Schebel profile photo
February 11, 2019

Pendo.io Review: "Second company I've used Pendo with, and likely won't be the last."

We use Pendo.io for messaging, onboarding as well as highlighting new features. We use NPS surveys to get continuous feedback from our users. We also use the analytics to keep an eye on how each of our accounts is using our software as well as specific feature usage. The cohort analysis is a new feature that we've been using a lot as we try to improve our onboarding experience with an eye on maintaining engagement over time.
  • Analytics are way easier to understand than Google Analytics, which we also use.
  • Love being able to add messages on the fly without going through a lengthy dev process.
  • New, useful, features are constantly being added.
  • Can't do some of the message targeting I've tried - hitting up people who haven't visited in a while (when they finally come in) or targeting based on the number of visits.
  • Wish it were easier to figure out where the "aha!" moments are in our product - something I'm sure we can use Pendo.io to do, but it requires a whole lot of digging vs being something out of the box.
Adding messaging to your product, without a developer. Monitoring feature usage on the fly - without planning in advance which features you want to track.
Read Tamara Schebel's full review
Wesley Ange profile photo
December 28, 2018

Pendo.io: "Pendo Review"

We use Pendo.io across our company to help understand our users better, communicate important messages, and troubleshoot issues that are reported to support. Information from Pendo.io is also used in our customer health score
  • Targeting messages and experiences to a particular user set, such as an embedded video
  • Providing historical information on users and accounts
  • Pulling different pieces of information together for rich reporting
  • Be able to target users that haven't seen a guide in a set amount of time
  • Differentiate the use of visitors across multiple accounts
Pendo.io is great when you are trying to track your customers and site use at a detailed level. The information reported is great and can then be used to target messages or specifics experiences to a group of visitors. For instance, we often embed videos for those users.
Read Wesley Ange's full review
Ethan Roderick profile photo
December 22, 2018

Pendo.io Review: "Pendo is wonderful, tell your friends"

We have select users across several teams using Pando.io to track usage and set up guides and NPS
  • if we ever need to know just what is going on in our products the answer is only a few clicks away because of Pendo.io
  • Effective guides
  • We are getting more into using guides and NPS surveys, which are easy to set up and use because of Pendo-- this is allowing us to grow more as a company, in my eyes
  • some of the new NPS UI is difficult to manage; it can cover sections of a page that need to be edited, making it difficult to do what I need to do.
  • would be nice if all aspects of the NPS editor could be moved/minimized
  • There is a lot going on in Pendo; this makes it a very powerful tool, but it can be a little overwhelming. Hyper customization can be a blessing and a curse, as our info sessions with Pendo are very useful but it's hard to keep track of everything that is going on if you don't use it all the time. A knowledge base would be useful, or, if there is already one, making it more notable would be great!
Pendo's guides are intuitive and easy to use/customize, though there is a lot happening in Pendo that can be hard to keep track of.
Read Ethan Roderick's full review
Chirag Patel profile photo
December 13, 2018

Pendo.io Review: "Great software for product and CS teams!"

Our product team uses Pendo.io to do the following to:
  1. Understand and proactively react to overall client satisfaction
  2. Understand user behavior on the site to make smart decisions.
  3. Communicate to our users on a regular basis to keep them up to date and solicit feedback.
  4. Use the guide feature to solicit feedback and get volunteers for user interviews.
  • Monitor behavior around the application to understand where they may be problems in usability.
  • Let our users know about new capabilities as they are added through Pendo's guide feature.
  • Launch and monitor NPS (work with customer service to schedule follow-up calls on responses).
  • Would love to see a feedback capability added where users can submit freeform feedback. I would also want those users to be able to vote on that feedback. There are other tools that provide this, but I believe Pendo.io could provide a better product that is well integrated with the rest of their features.
Great for product teams to understand user behavior and overall usability as well as overall client satisfaction. Great for customer service teams to monitor the health of their clients.
Read Chirag Patel's full review
April 19, 2019

Pendo.io Review: "Incredible Tool, Robust User Experience, Valuable Company Insights"

Pendo.io is utilized by our company to track our customer usage of our own Software. While Pendo.io is primarily utilized by the Client Success team, the entire company has access to the data and relies on it for information on usage. Depending on the department, we use the Usage information to guide our product decisions, help increase adoption for customers, examine trends for like-minded clients, and identify potential upsell opportunities.
  • Identifies Trends in Usage across different customers. This allows us to help make valuable product decisions when adding new features.
  • Provides insight into potential upsells for our customers. By giving us in-depth breakdowns of usage, we can identify opportunities to sell additional products based on that usage.
  • Deploys an NPS Survey straight through our App, and then tracks the results in Pendo.io. We deploy our own NPS survey within our software and the results feed directly into Pendo. Beyond giving us an accurate look at the success of our platform and customers, Pendo provides a source to store this info for analysis at the Company and Client level.
  • The Reporting structure could be simplified. While Pendo.io does have Reporting features, the building of a report can be a little cumbersome and confusing to a first time user. By simplifying or restructuring the reporting process to something more similar to typical CRM reporting structures (say Salesforce, for example), it would make the end user experience much better, and provide the ability to quickly build and access your own reports.
  • Search Functionality Improvements: The search bar can be a handy tool to quickly access different pieces of info, however, it seems pretty basic in its build-out and requires semi-specific searches to find what you want. Adding a more flexible search bar that looks across multiple pieces of the platform would really help with the user experience.
  • Online Resources/Self Help Resources: This may already be available, and if it is, I apologize! However, I have not seen any of those resources yet (like a quick FAQ or step by step to build a report). It would be nice to have this knowledge-base, and if it does exist, then have it more noticeable/marketable to the end user for access.
Pendo.io is a great tool when you need to track the usage of a particular Software your company may utilize. It gives great insight into feature tracking/adoption metrics, and seems to be very flexible in terms of the features it can track. On top of feature tracking, it excels in helping establish "Guides" within your software to help your clients utilize your own tools effectively. Things like NPS tracking also become very simple when using Pendo.io. It is hard to envision scenarios where you wouldn't want to use Pendo.io, provided you're in the software business and interested in the items mentioned above. However, I was not involved in the decision-making process for using this tool, so I am not able to speak to what necessarily is/isn't possible.
February 28, 2019

Pendo.io Review: "A solid platform and a great addition"

Namely has been using Pendo.io for a few years to alert clients of any and all new product launches. We just recently started using the platform to send payment reminders.
  • It's simple and to the point.
  • I like the fact that you actually have to click on the pop-up to get to the next page.
  • The analytics gleaned from the site are stellar!
  • Hopefully, in the future, there will be more templates available for a wider variety of users (i.e. across different departments).
I find Pendo.io to be very well suited for collections.

About Pendo.io