A Formidable Array of Tools
Updated February 08, 2022
A Formidable Array of Tools
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Genesys Cloud CX (formerly Genesys Cloud)
Genesys Cloud (formerly PureCloud) supports select departments in our organization. Utilizing Genesys Cloud (formerly PureCloud) has empowered all of us with the use of the collaborate functionality; it's deepened the inner-connections of our organization. Of all the similar tools I've used in various employment roles and at the university, Genesys Cloud (formerly PureCloud) has been the most adaptive, flexible, and powerful tool. The majority of incoming interactions flow through Genesys Cloud. (Updated, 2022: we subsequently began using this platform for all reporting and analytics. I have former colleagues who tout their own platforms' reporting suites, but I can't imagine being able to do much more than you can do with Genesys Cloud's reporting mechanics, especially after updates in the past year or more. You can now create virtually any report you can imagine.)
- The knowledge-base provided by Genesys Cloud (formerly PureCloud)--in the form of the community, resource center, developer center, knowledge network, beyond training program, company webinars, etc.--is top-notch. There is no similar array of programs by any similar company, to my knowledge.
- User-friendliness is priority with Genesys Cloud (formerly PureCloud). From the use cases documentation to platform API to managed phone requirements, there are ample detailed descriptions, helpful guides, and tutorials (both written and video) to ensure you have a user-friendly experiences managing Genesys Cloud (formerly PureCloud).
- AppFoundry extends the capabilities of Genesys Cloud (formerly PureCloud) to ever-expanding territory. The possibilities of useful power tools are nearly endless with this marketplace of assorted solutions, from A to Z. This is one of the many ways Genesys has increased production for their Genesys suites. AppFoundry is like an app store for your virtual interaction center.
- In my experience, most difficulties that have arisen with Genesys Cloud (formerly PureCloud) usage stem from users who are not particularly tech-savvy. If you have team members who are a little old school, you might consider generating a plan to defend against vulnerabilities or lack of knowledge. Implement it knowing it may take longer than you anticipate for those users who need extra assistance.
- (Updated, 2022: the minimalist approach to certain interfaces [including search fields, filters, etc.] sometimes does slow the learning process for new team members.)
- My perspective is by no means comprehensive, but I would say with certainty that we've been more than happy with our investment into Genesys Cloud (formerly PureCloud). The amount of capital spent monthly is more than returned by our customer satisfaction, secure transactions, and a promise from a company like Genesys that this tool will continue to improve and evolve.
- Any communications that pass through Genesys Cloud (formerly PureCloud) in any form are guarded; it's a secure medium for any customer information, details, etc. We are happy to utilize this tool and more than happy for our customers to know that we use Genesys as well. In that sense, it's an investment that has paid itself back as well because the reputation of Genesys adds automatic credibility in the eyes of any customer that's in the know with this product.
- (Updated, 2022: We are approaching four continuous years of usage. To me, that speaks volumes about what our management feels about the quality of this platform.)
In the limited instances where we've sought Genesys Support help, we have been able to locate a helpful agent relatively quickly through the toll-free numbers provided. This has been quite rare, as the "up" time for Genesys Cloud has been superb. If anything, I have a lack of experience with Support only because the product is not such that it warrants contact with Support on even an occasional basis.
Do you think Genesys Cloud CX delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Genesys Cloud CX's feature set?
Did Genesys Cloud CX live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Genesys Cloud CX go as expected?
Would you buy Genesys Cloud CX again?
The majority of users will find it geared toward them, intuitive, and user-friendly. We have over 120 remote agents across the US and Canada, and we've had great feedback on the usability of Genesys Cloud. It's worth noting that our remote agents span the ages of 20 all the way to over 70 years of age, with the majority being over 45 years of age; so this product can work for any team out there.
Problems happen with any system. When a user or multiple users have an issue with a particular web browser, you might need to pull the console logs from that browser for the Genesys support team. This is not difficult, but Genesys makes it even easier with their resource center guides.
Genesys Cloud CX Feature Ratings
Evaluating Genesys Cloud CX (formerly Genesys Cloud) and Competitors
In a previous role, we utilized NICE inContact for similar purposes. While the reporting capabilities were abundant by comparison, Genesys Cloud (formerly PureCloud) has--in my opinion--surpassing abilities with upcoming technologies, channels, routing, customization, administrator resources, and user-friendliness. I believe Genesys Cloud (formerly PureCloud) is providing more exceptional customer experience overall.
Genesys Cloud CX (formerly Genesys Cloud) Training
With Genesys, you can learn the product without training, but the ultimate questions are: What is your timeframe? What is the scope of the training necessary? If your timeline is tight, you may not be able to afford a transition without training from the vendor. We were able to use the online tools and training provided, for free. Our organization is relatively small, however. As for the scope, if you are a large business with multiple thousands of agents, I don't recommend doing the training on your own. Again, this was only doable, I believe, because we have a relatively small organization. If you are in the same situation, however, you can probably make it work with the resources provided online at the Genesys Knowledge Network, Resource Center, and the Beyond training courses.