Overall Satisfaction with GFI Vipre
We use GFI Vipre for all physical desktops and laptops. It is very useful for its virus protection but even more importantly for its patch management. It automatically patches third party software (Java, Flash, Adobe) on a schedule set by us. It also has a built-in spam module for Outlook which is very helpful.
- Patch management - customizable and automatic.
- Discovers all old antivirus software on your network, uninstalls it and then installs itself.
- Can be set to auto install on every computer in your domain. We don't use that feature but it could be useful in certain settings.
- Virtual environment - currently you just have to install the client on your virtual machines as well. This is not useful for linked clones. If Vipre came out with an agentless solution for VMs I would purchase it right away.
- Price is very competitive, much cheaper than Norton or similar products. Not as cheap as say AVG but the patch management makes up for it. ROI is substantial in the number of hours it saves the department not having to patch and update computers.
Essential for physical desktops and laptops. Offers great protection with very little footprint. Patch management is its best feature by far. Not as appropriate for virtual environments, at least virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI). We do have Vipre installed on all 20 of our virtual servers and it works great.