We did plan to implement Office 365 backup back in the day, but I am unsure if that was completed.
Overall I do believe when the company moves over to Cloud VMs, …
This helped specifically during the server outages that we had faced due to the snapshot space being full on all our volumes.
We planned for this many and also purchased about 10 more licenses extra.
This is less than when we originally purchased the product. It's less because we are activley migrating as many as or workloads to the cloud. This process has …
Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
- Incremental backup identification (171)8.989%
- Recovery verification (154)8.888%
- Multiple backup destinations (165)8.787%
- Deduplication and file compression (159)8.686%
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Veeam Backup & Replication, and make your voice heard!
Veeam Backup Essentials
Backup & Replication
Contact sales team
Contact sales team
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Veeam’s® premier product, Veeam Backup & Replication™, delivers availability for cloud, virtual, Kubernetes and physical workloads. Through a simple-by-design management console, users are offered what is presented as a fast, flexible, reliable Backup, archival, recovery and replication.
- Continuous Data Protection
- Fast, reliable application-aware, image-based backups
- Unlimited capacity and cost savings for long-term data retention on object storage with new Veeam Cloud Tier
- Enterprise application support for Veeam Plug-ins for SAP HANA and Oracle RMAN
- Instant recovery for NAS, Microsoft SQL and Oracle
- Recover individual files easily with Instant VM and File-level Recovery
- Easy portability and recovery to AWS, Azure and Azure Stack with NEW Veeam Cloud Mobility
- Recover individual files with Instant VM and File-level Recovery
- Portability and recovery to AWS, Azure and Azure Stack with NEW Veeam Cloud Mobility
- Fast, item-level and application recovery for Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, Active Directory, and SQL Server and Oracle
- Supported: Universal recovery
- Supported: Instant recovery
- Supported: Recovery verification
- Supported: Business application protection
- Supported: Multiple backup destinations
- Supported: Incremental backup identification
- Supported: Backup to the cloud
- Supported: Deduplication and file compression
- Supported: Snapshots
- Supported: Flexible deployment
- Supported: Platform support
- Supported: Retention options
- Supported: Encryption
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||10%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||50%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||40%|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac|
- File level OS Restore.
- Offload Backups to AWS S3.
- Restore from S3 to EC2 takes way too long.
- Backups jobs still hang for no reason.
- Manages SharePoint data
- Manages OneDrive data
- Manages Teams data
- Manages Exchange data
- Greater Exchange data insight
- Greater Teams data insight
- Greater OneDrive data insight
Support from Veeam Backup & Replication could improve a little. There are no check on company's usage.
- VMs and Physical backup
- SQL Recovery to instances, databases, etc...
- Backup to the cloud
- Follow-up of new implementation
- Support to issues
- Great interface.
- Nice reports.
- Interfaces with my virtual environment and storage area network.
- Can't think of any right now.
- Good compression ratio
- Easy to use
- Integration with many programs
- Ransomware protección
- More speed
- Lower the prices
- Snapshots are very helpful
- Server Replication
- Easy file back up and restoration
- ransomware recovery
- It isn't cheap, but when you are good, you do not have to be.
- Some of the setup was pretty time consuming
- Some features can be slow. Restorations and roll-backs
- The speed in which backups are completed.
- The detailed information about backup success or failure.
- The ability to backup SQL databases is very granular and easy to restore.
- The addition backing up physical hardware servers was an important feature for us.
- The documentation of the test lab for testing restores should be emphasized more.
- Because there are so many features, it is important to have help in initial setup.
- Backup VMware virtual machines
- Backup managed personal computers
- Backup copy job on external or cloud datastore
- I have no requests for missing implementations
- VMS backup.
- Fast backup and restore.
- Backup retention.
- The software could be a little lighter on the machines resource uses.
- We are having difficulty in taking virtual machine snapshot because it corrupted the running virtual machine, so as per the OEM recommendation we need to stop the application server it was the painful job for the system administrators to do it manually but this has been easily achieved in the Veeam Backup software
- This takes the automatic backup in case of any issues in our virtual machine we had to deploy the VM from scratch and restore the backup it is time consuming painful job but using this machine we can restore the virtual as the latest one in the some of few clicks
- This drastically reduces the downtime in our ESXI environment and very cost effective solution comparatively other vendors in the market
- Automatic Network settings is not supported for non-windows VM, incase of needs then we need to manually specify network mapping settings and public ip rules, so it is hard that you should every time manually does this job
- if you are encrypt the VM's then replication of encrypted vm's to a cloud host is not supported
- For cloud connect replication it does not support dhcp, your replicated VM should have the static IP's
- VM backup.
- Data integrity verification.
- Automated restore.
- Managing available storage can be complex due to retention policy options.
- Very lightweight and fast product
- Not glitchy at all
- Consumes very few resources on the servers and works across multiple kinds of storage media
- Licensing pricing is cheap
- Service and documentation available is absolutely amazing
- Use fewer resources for the different roles that we require
- Better licensing policy for NAS backups
- Everything else is great
Also, the Office 365 backup feature should save the customer a lot of headaches by making immutable backups of the mailboxes.
Veeam Backup & Replication is priced to be comparable with competitive products such as Unitrends.
- Has the ability to allow us to dive right into the SQL tables that were backed up
- Has the ability to allow us to extract specific backed up emails
- Every restore we have tried worked successfully
- The setup of Veeam Backup & Replication was very easy, and we had it up and running quickly
- The Deduplication ratio isn't as good as Unitrends. It takes between 20% -30% more than Unitrends backup.
It works great with Windows Server & Windows Workstation.
It also works great with backing up NAS File Storage.
We have been very happy with how it works with SQL, Exchange & Active Directory.
We are thrilled that it does not need an appliance and runs as a VM.
Its backups are fast.
Do not expect great deduplication ratios, I'm hoping Veeam Backup & Replication will improve deduplication to reduce storage.
We planned for this many and also purchased about 10 more licenses extra.
- Full system disk backup
- Virtual host backup
- Price point is good
- Restores of backups have been very clunky and diffcult to do successfully
- GUI interface is not very intuitive
- Had issues with Linux disk encryption
Veeam Backup & Replication has proven to be a consistent, reliable solution for our on-premise backup needs. That said, we turned first to Veeam when we started looking for a solution to backup Office 365. Veeam's offering was simple to implement and operate but was unable to backup all the required workloads (Teams). It has been a few years now since we looked into this, so this likely has changed. We will be reassessing this capability soon, as well as the Cloud Connect offerings.
- Tiered backups
- Tape support
- Consistent, reliable performance
- Tape Inventory Management
- Implementation following high-security best practices
- Provides backups of physical servers
- Provides protection of ransomware
- Ease of use
- Integrated online backup storage
- Backup virtual machines
- Remote copies for VM backups
- Licensing is a bit confusing
This is less than when we originally purchased the product. It's less because we are activley migrating as many as or workloads to the cloud. This process has taken several years.
- backups for VMS
- recovery of VMs
- backup of phys. workstations
its exactly what was planned
but as a client backup solution this is often not working out good
10 for VMS
on the whole a 8 as it is easy extensible and scalable
- Backup the virtual servers without any hassles.
- Restore time is surprisingly quick and easy.
- Replicate the server in no time to check previous versions of servers without changing anything.
- Licensing model where they change a lot for virtual and physical servers
- Protects our data with nightly incremental backups
- Allows for quick restoral of data if needed
- Can create new 'full backups' from data sets without having to perform a full backup
- The interface is a bit clunky...I preferred it before they 'fisher priced' the interface
- Support can be problematic, as it takes a while to get someone to respond to a ticket; that MAY be related to Covid
- The cost has gone up considerably in recent years.
I've used other products that are better at protecting the data (faster backups, more recovery points), like the Datto Siris, but they're much more expensive. To protect the same size data set with Datto would require about $50,000 purchase and $5,000 monthly expenses.
- No Training
- Quick Backups
- Easy to configure
- Good Support & Training modules
- Better reporting for all jobs
Guest file restore while it is a common use, is easily overshadowed (no pun intended) by shadow copies, an integrated solution into windows file servers with the same features would be interesting too see
- Converting Physical workload to Virtual.
- Backup Copy.
- Cloud Integration.
- Ease of use.
- Easy restoration.
- Simplified licensing.
- Hyper-V backups can be a little challenging.
- Great interface and quick-to-find settings.
- Amazing connectivity with cloud backups, immutable backups and NAS backups.
- Capability to make Microsoft365 backups online.
- Licensing could be a bit more inclusive for NAS file transfer.
- Pricing for the NAS backups feels a bit extra.
- Backup schedules are powerful and very tunable.
- Instant recovery of single files is awesome.
- Licensing model is set it and forget it.
- It should be easier to implement copying the entire backup repo to external storage on a schedule. This should include cloud services.