Overall Satisfaction with Gitlab
I am currently using Gitlab for software projects in my company and for some of my clients. I highly recommend Gitlab for distributed teams, especially for software projects that are developed in offshore mode. A key feature of Gitlab is its JIRA Software integration. This is very useful considering that JIRA is a very powerful agile planning tool.
- Supports the entire CI/CD lifecycle.
- Integration with JIRA Software.
- On-premise self-managed version.
- Documentation could be better.
- Multiple issue assignees should be a core feature.
- The GitLab license represents a minimum cost in the budget and always guarantees at least CI.
- By using GitLab the cost of human labor to deploy applications in test and production environments is reduced by 50%.
The support is agile and respects the time of SLA. This regarding the Starter license. Surely for higher-level licenses the support is even better.
Do you think GitLab delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with GitLab's feature set?
Did GitLab live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of GitLab go as expected?
Would you buy GitLab again?
Gitlab is well suited for distributed and centralized teams. It is less appropriate for agile teams.