Overall Satisfaction with Google Authenticator
Web security is paramount and Google Authenticator is a good 2-Step Verification solution. While nothing is impervious to unscrupulous attackers, it gives me a little extra peace of mind that my accounts are harder to hack. I use it in combination with a password manager. I wish that every website used 2FA. I use it on my android phone.
- Ads an extra layer of protection for passwords.
- It is the most accepted 2FA app on all of the websites that I use.
- If you lose your phone, there is no way to transfer all of the 2FA codes to a new device if you lose yours. Some of the other 2FA apps have the capability of doing this.
- It is not foolproof. Especially because Chinese hackers just learned how to bypass all 2FA solutions.
- Saves money by not having to buy a new device.
- Lets me sleep better at night knowing that it is harder to get into my important accounts.
Every website that I use that supports 2FA, supports Google Authenticator. It seems to be the most widely used app.
Do you think Google Authenticator delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Google Authenticator's feature set?
Did Google Authenticator live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Google Authenticator go as expected?
Would you buy Google Authenticator again?
Everyone needs to use 2FA when it is available. Carrying a hardware security key is a big hassle. It is just another device that you have to remember to always carry with you. Using Google Authenticator is a better solution for me because I never leave home without my cell phone. You don't need to have internet access with your phone for Google Authenticator to work which is helpful when traveling overseas when you only have access to the computer you are working on, like when at an internet cafe (but that opens up entire new security can of worms).