https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/cn/EV/MTUP7E033QBO.PNGIf Squarespace went to high school, they would have won "best all around" as their senior superlative.We use Squarespace to support our company website. I also personally use Squarespace to support multiple websites for side projects. Our marketing team uses the platform most consistently internally. We had formerly built our site on Wordpress, which proved to be too difficult to update and maintain. We switched to Squarespace and haven't regretted it for a second. The website builder is intuitive, but also has advanced customization so our design team is happy and our marketing team can manage it.,Intuitive User Interface: Literally anyone can create a website on Squarespace, from the experienced designer to the absolute novice. Customization: While Squarespace manages to be extremely user-friendly, it doesn't do so at the sacrifice of customization. You can still add custom coding if you need to, but it doesn't require coding experience to make a well-designed site. Functionality without hundreds of plugins: Many Squarespace competitors offer expanded functionality through plugins, which can be difficult to work with as they are third party functions that vary in quality. Squarespace has done a great job of adding features to their platform, so plugins are less necessary. They offer many integrations to major services (like Typeform and Stripe), but the experience is much better than sifting through hundreds of plugins.,I could see an experienced designer being frustrated by the limitations of Squarespace compared to an open platform like Wordpress. Sometimes it's difficult to make quick edits in the website builder because you don't know where the functionality resides. For example, you can make some edits to your nav bar by clicking on the nav bar, but you can make others by going through a series of menus. This is easily resolved by watching the tutorials, but can be frustrating for new users.,10,Our Squarespace website has saved us thousands of dollars in our technical development budget, as we were able to build and support our website internally instead of outsourcing the project to an agency. In combination with Hubspot, we've been able to increase our inbound website leads by 150% over the last year.,WordPress, Leadpages, ClickFunnels and Wix,AdStage, ClickFunnels, Hootsuite Pro, Zoho Projects,Content Author / Administrator,10-100 pages,3,1,We use Squarespace to build and support our main company website. We use Squarespace to build and support website for any new offerings or side projects.,We have integrated Squarespace with Hubspot Sales to build an excellent inbound marketing engine.,We'll continue to use Squarespace for new product offerings and side projects websites.,10,Yes,Price Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation Prior Experience with the Product,I wouldn't change it.Squarespace is an excellent platform for simpler websites, but be aware of some e-commerce limitationsWe use Squarespace as our e-commerce website and platform. It is our portal through which customers can find out about us, our products and what we do and then they are able to purchase our products on our website. It is basically like most traditional e-commerce websites. We do utilize certain other tools that Squarespace offers, like their Analytics tools to gauge the traffic to our site, traffic sources and sales data. We do also use their "Abandoned Cart feature which allows us to contact customers that added product to their shopping cart but did not complete a purchase. At this time we do not use a lot of the marketing tools that Squarespace offers as part of their Advanced Commerce plan.,Getting started with Squarespace is incredibly easy. Their templates make getting an early design for your website set up and published quick and simple. There are plenty of advanced features that can be utilized to tweak the design indefinitely but getting up and running smoothly and quickly is key and Squarespace does that beautifully. The Squarespace Analytics tools are incredibly helpful. They are quite detailed yet very easy to understand and parse through. If you've ever tried to understand all of your Google Analytics data, you can feel like you need to get a new degree to comprehend it all. Squarespace Analytics are intuitive and easy to understand allowing you have an easier time making decisions based not eh data you re provided. Squarespace makes integrations with other platforms very easy as well. Email service providers (like Mailchimp or Contant Contact), or integrating with outside fulfillment centers for orders of your products is very easy to set up. The back end design and control makes navigating through these things very easy (with the right instructions, of course).,My biggest complaint about Squarespace is particularly about the shipping rates controls in the Commerce plans. Squarespace does not allow you to assign different shipping costs to different products. You can set up different costs for different levels of shipping (for example, Ground, Express, Overnight, etc.). But if you have two different products that are different sizes and weights you cannot independently assign each of them a different cost for Ground shipping. All products have to have the same price for Ground, the same price for expedited, etc. It is incredibly frustrating. This one deficiency alone has actually been enough to have prompted me into looking for alternative platforms for my e-commerce site. If you sell multiple products of varying sizes and weights and you intend to charge you customers shipping, then be aware of this beforehand. If you only sell digital products, or products that don't vary much in size or weight, or you intend to offer free shipping on everything then this will not be as big a deal for you. Squarespace offers excellent help services via live chat, but in the years that I've used it I get the sense that recommendations from users are taken seriously. I've made numerous recommendations for enhancements and fixes over the years and I know other people that have as well. However what I continue to see from Squarespace is development of new product offerings that aren't necessarily in line with their core product offering, and not much in the way of making what they already offer much better. There are certain things that should be prioritized by their development team but I don't get the sense that these are taken seriously. Of course this is just my guess as I don't work there but it's important to remember that perception is reality to those who are perceiving. As much as Squarespace makes integrations easy, they still have along way to go with regards to being recognized by many other platforms as integration worthy. Very often I come across services that offer integrations with web design platforms and Squarespace is not one of them. I'm not sure why this is but I wish Squarespace would do a better job of working with these other companies to have integrations with them.,8,Our direct to consumer selling platform is done primarily via our website so Squarespace is the major player here. We do sell on Amazon and eBay as well, but the majority of our direct to consumer revenue is generated via our website with Squarespace. Due to the above-mentioned deficiencies in making shipping costs product specific we do see a small percentage of loss in individual orders depending on where an order is being shipped to. We have to make sure our shipping prices are not exorbitant so in some cases the cost to ship a product is greater than what we charge the customer. This could be rectified is Squarespace would enhance the way they allow users to implement shipping charges. The clean look of the website, the ease of creating new content and the ability to add new products in the Commerce Advanced plan has surely allowed us to grow our sales with a clean look and added product offerings. Hard to measure though how much the can be attributed though directly to Squarespace.,Shopify, Wix and Magento Commerce Cloud (formerly Magento),MailChimp, Hightail, Grasshopper, Calendly,Content Author / Administrator,10-100 pagesSquarespace: Making the Novice Look ProfessionalWe use Squarespace for our website and email hosting. We selected it to replace our GoDaddy/Microsoft Exchange-based email and web hosting. We needed a solution that was inexpensive and easy to update. The GoDaddy site was a Wordpress site and, unlike Squarespace, requires a higher level web design experience. We are a small company and needed to be easily able to modify/update our website and also make it look professional. Squarespace does both.,Flexible: Squarespace allows me to quickly and easily make changes to our website. Professional: I am not a web design professional. Squarespace helps me makes my site look professional. Inexpensive: Squarespace's price point is great for a small company that needs to maximize our use of every dollar. Integration: Squarespace integrates well with other services (such as LinkedIn) and helps me do my job. Responsive: Squarespace has a lot of tutorials and help available on the web. They were also quick to respond if I had questions or problems.,Interface: Sometimes I have problems with their interface not saving or working correctly. For example, the photo editor tool sometimes locks up and crashes causing me to lose work. Picture Integration: Sometimes it is unclear how to manipulate cropping and sizing of pictures so they look right on the website.,9,Presentation: Our Squarespace-based site is cleaner and smoother than our old site. This is a positive. Responsiveness: We can quickly build, add, and edit pages. Reducing our workload. This is also a positive.,,Articulate 360, LearnUpon,Content Author / Administrator,10-100 pagesGreat Software to Create Beautiful WebsitesSquarespace has helped me create a beautiful website to help drive my business. Most of my business has come from people online and interacting with my website. It is a lot more cost effective than hiring someone to build a website for us and it allows me control over all aspects of the website. I can customize and redesign whenever I want!,Ability to create your own domain, your own email, and an ad free website all in one place. Many different layouts to choose from that are able to serve various different needs and services. The analytics are awesome and really help me understand what people are interacting with on my website. They offer a google adwords credit for signing up.,Some layouts are difficult to customize. The design process is a little clunky at times and takes some getting used to. It's a little more expensive than some other web builders.,9,Increase of visibility of my company. Professional place to display my portfolio online. I've received many inquiries from the form on my website.,Wix,Google Ads (formerly AdWords), Adobe Photoshop, SketchUp, AutoCAD,Developer,1-10 pagesSimple and beautiful solution for artist.I've been using Squarespace for years for my photography business. Setting up my site was incredibly easy. The design layouts provided are beautiful and complement my work. They keep the selection of templates fresh and modern. It's always easy to jump in and configure my site and update the images and products offered. I've only had to use their customer support once in the years I've used Squarespace. The one time I chatted with customer support, they were super helpful and gave a thorough explanation with screenshots. I expect to be using Squarespace for many more years and growing my business through their many plans.,Templates are sleek, modern, and beautiful. Customer support is U.S. based and super friendly. There are multiple plans so your site can grow with your business.,An even more basic plan would be welcomed for people looking for just a simple gallery to host w/o the bells and whistles. I'd like to see Squarespace suggest the optimal layout/design based on my content.,10,The modest cost of using Squarespace is always covered with a single transaction. Having a clean, modern, and beautiful site is invaluable when reaching new customers. I've been able to easily change my plan as my business has changed over the years. Keeping it cost effective.,Content Author / Administrator,1-10 pages
Squarespace

Squarespace Reviews<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>

Squarespace
Top Rated Award
Filter 127 vetted Squarespace reviews and ratings
Emily Muhoberac profile photo
November 23, 2018

Review: "If Squarespace went to high school, they would have won "best all around" as their senior superlative."

Our marketing team uses the platform most consistently internally. We had formerly built our site on WordPress, which proved to be too difficult to update and maintain. We switched to Squarespace and haven't regretted it for a second. The website builder is intuitive, but also has advanced customization so our design team is happy and our marketing team can manage it.
  • Intuitive User Interface: Literally anyone can create a website on Squarespace, from the experienced designer to the absolute novice.
  • Customization: While Squarespace manages to be extremely user-friendly, it doesn't do so at the sacrifice of customization. You can still add custom coding if you need to, but it doesn't require coding experience to make a well-designed site.
  • Functionality without hundreds of plugins: Many Squarespace competitors offer expanded functionality through plugins, which can be difficult to work with as they are third party functions that vary in quality. Squarespace has done a great job of adding features to their platform, so plugins are less necessary. They offer many integrations to major services (like Typeform and Stripe), but the experience is much better than sifting through hundreds of plugins.
  • I could see an experienced designer being frustrated by the limitations of Squarespace compared to an open platform like WordPress.
  • Sometimes it's difficult to make quick edits in the website builder because you don't know where the functionality resides. For example, you can make some edits to your nav bar by clicking on the nav bar, but you can make others by going through a series of menus. This is easily resolved by watching the tutorials, but can be frustrating for new users.
Squarespace is best suited for:
- Solopreneurs that need a pretty website fast
- Side projects
- Basic E-Commerce websites
- Anyone who needs to create a one page website quickly
- Marketing teams that lack technical skill, but are required to support the company website internally

Squarespace is least suited for:
- Companies with full design or technical teams that won't benefit from the additional structure Squarespace provides
Read Emily Muhoberac's full review
Daniel Shatzkes CEO Entrepreneur, Manufacturer, Musician profile photo
November 19, 2018

Review: "Squarespace is an excellent platform for simpler websites, but be aware of some e-commerce limitations"

• Getting started with Squarespace is incredibly easy. Their templates make getting an early design for your website set up and published quick and simple. There are plenty of advanced features that can be utilized to tweak the design indefinitely but getting up and running smoothly and quickly is key and Squarespace does that beautifully.
  • The Squarespace Analytics tools are incredibly helpful. They are quite detailed yet very easy to understand and parse through. If you've ever tried to understand all of your Google Analytics data, you can feel like you need to get a new degree to comprehend it all. Squarespace Analytics are intuitive and easy to understand allowing you have an easier time making decisions based not eh data you re provided.
  • Squarespace makes integrations with other platforms very easy as well. Email service providers (like MailChimp or Contant Contact), or integrating with outside fulfillment centers for orders of your products is very easy to set up. The back end design and control makes navigating through these things very easy (with the right instructions, of course).
  • My biggest complaint about Squarespace is particularly about the shipping rates controls in the Commerce plans. Squarespace does not allow you to assign different shipping costs to different products. You can set up different costs for different levels of shipping (for example, Ground, Express, Overnight, etc.). But if you have two different products that are different sizes and weights you cannot independently assign each of them a different cost for Ground shipping. All products have to have the same price for Ground, the same price for expedited, etc. It is incredibly frustrating. This one deficiency alone has actually been enough to have prompted me into looking for alternative platforms for my e-commerce site. If you sell multiple products of varying sizes and weights and you intend to charge you customers shipping, then be aware of this beforehand. If you only sell digital products, or products that don't vary much in size or weight, or you intend to offer free shipping on everything then this will not be as big a deal for you.
  • Squarespace offers excellent help services via live chat, but in the years that I've used it I get the sense that recommendations from users are taken seriously. I've made numerous recommendations for enhancements and fixes over the years and I know other people that have as well. However what I continue to see from Squarespace is development of new product offerings that aren't necessarily in line with their core product offering, and not much in the way of making what they already offer much better. There are certain things that should be prioritized by their development team but I don't get the sense that these are taken seriously. Of course this is just my guess as I don't work there but it's important to remember that perception is reality to those who are perceiving.
  • As much as Squarespace makes integrations easy, they still have along way to go with regards to being recognized by many other platforms as integration worthy. Very often I come across services that offer integrations with web design platforms and Squarespace is not one of them. I'm not sure why this is but I wish Squarespace would do a better job of working with these other companies to have integrations with them.
Squarespace is a perfect platform for an informational website, for selling digital products or as a scheduling website. These kinds of things it does incredibly well, what with their myriad templates and design tools. As an e-commerce platform it can be very good but it definitely has some catching up to do with other more well known platforms. They need to focus on some core features a little bit better to make selling easier.
Read Daniel Shatzkes CEO Entrepreneur, Manufacturer, Musician's full review
Nathan Meehan profile photo
November 30, 2018

Review: "Squarespace: Making the Novice Look Professional"

• Flexible: Squarespace allows me to quickly and easily make changes to our website.
  • Professional: I am not a web design professional. Squarespace helps me makes my site look professional.
  • Inexpensive: Squarespace's price point is great for a small company that needs to maximize our use of every dollar.
  • Integration: Squarespace integrates well with other services (such as LinkedIn) and helps me do my job.
  • Responsive: Squarespace has a lot of tutorials and help available on the web. They were also quick to respond if I had questions or problems.
  • Interface: Sometimes I have problems with their interface not saving or working correctly. For example, the photo editor tool sometimes locks up and crashes causing me to lose work.
  • Picture Integration: Sometimes it is unclear how to manipulate cropping and sizing of pictures so they look right on the website.
Squarespace is well suited for small companies trying to control their own information. They help you learn how to design your own site and make it look professional; great for the novice user. I can imagine as a company grows larger and requires more from their website, that it may become a bit more cumbersome to use.
Read Nathan Meehan's full review
Jacqueline DeCapua profile photo
November 23, 2018

Squarespace Review: "Great Software to Create Beautiful Websites"

• Ability to create your own domain, your own email, and an ad free website all in one place.
  • Many different layouts to choose from that are able to serve various different needs and services.
  • The analytics are awesome and really help me understand what people are interacting with on my website.
  • They offer a google AdWords credit for signing up.
  • Some layouts are difficult to customize.
  • The design process is a little clunky at times and takes some getting used to.
  • It's a little more expensive than some other web builders.
Squarespace is great for small businesses and is much more affordable than hiring a designer to build your website. The layouts and design options allow for a very nice looking, professional website. However, I would not recommend Squarespace if you're a larger company or if you can afford to hire a web designer.
Read Jacqueline DeCapua's full review
Edmond Lorts profile photo
November 23, 2018

Squarespace Review: "Simple and beautiful solution for artist."

• Templates are sleek, modern, and beautiful.
  • Customer support is U.S. based and super friendly.
  • There are multiple plans so your site can grow with your business.
  • An even more basic plan would be welcomed for people looking for just a simple gallery to host w/o the bells and whistles.
  • I'd like to see Squarespace suggest the optimal layout/design based on my content.
Squarespace is great for any website type but it really shines for an artist to display their work. The layout is hip and modern, which works fantastic for those looking to target customers that are high-end and internet savvy. It might not be necessary for someone looking for a more bare-bones service.
Read Edmond Lorts's full review
John Selkow profile photo
November 19, 2018

User Review: "Squarespace is a hit"

We use it as our primary website as well as a separate landing page. It is easy for us to incorporate both sites into one profile accounts. Is incredibly easy to use and the designs are great. Since we aren’t the typical type of business that would use Squarespace, our websites are more appealing in our industry.
  • The artistic and modern design’s or a great alternative for a btob company
  • Sometimes the design options are scarce when we are looking to re-designed the website
  • While building the website, the platform can run slower than usual
  • There can be improvement on the frequently asked questions/help section. Some of the resolutions are generic and sometimes we need to look elsewhere for a workaround
Using Squarespace for B2C businesses is a no-brainer. [For] A company such as mine that sells directly to businesses, it can be challenging to design based upon our customer needs and wants
Read John Selkow's full review
Sean Pomory profile photo
November 19, 2018

Squarespace Review: "The Best E-commerce CMS/SAAS for Small Businesses"

We use Squarespace to build a modern, beautiful, responsive websites. I also use Squarespace to implement websites for smaller businesses that need full-scale commerce as well. It has a ton of capabilities and integrates with some of the biggest players in the game, including Apply Pay, MailChimp and PayPal. WordPress may give you more features, but it will cost more time to build. The templates are beautiful.

Best of all, the pricing includes website hosting and SSL.
  • E-commerce
  • Transparent pricing
  • Great support
  • Decent analytics
  • Limited template options
  • Difficult to edit the UI of a site beyond provided templates
  • Can be more difficult to use than Wix or Weebly
This recommendation depends entirely on use case. If you are looking for an enterprise level e-commerce site, look to something like Drupal 8 to solve your needs. If you desire complete control over your code at the SMB level, use WordPress. If want to spin up a site efficiently, at low cost, and know exactly what you're paying for, use Squarespace. It is by far the best e-commerce platform form small businesses.
Read Sean Pomory's full review
Dave Becker profile photo
November 19, 2018

Squarespace Review: "Easy Website Creation For Anyone"

In our organization, we use Squarespace to create an internal website for our employees. The website has pages and content that our teams can easily access while out in the field, and links to resources that they can access whenever they want. It's become our knowledge center for all things related to the company. We also host an internal company blog on the site.
  • The website was easy to create, using Squarespace's user-friendly tools.
  • Making edits and updates are also very easy, and requires very little training to teach someone new to do so.
  • We were able to password protect our site, so the resources contained within are only available to those in the company.
  • We are using a search tool to make it easier to find what you are looking for.
  • The search tool is helpful, but lacks an ability to sort your results. Maybe it's just the tool we're using, but it's a feature I would like to have.
  • When adding custom images to your site, the image size requirements could be easier to understand.
  • The mobile app to help write blog posts on the site lacks some of the functionality of the desktop version.
We use Squarespace in an internal fashion (employee facing) whereas I think most users would use it to host a customer or visitor facing site. Either way, the web pages are very easy to create and update, no matter the desired outcome. If you don't have any knowledge about coding your own site, Squarespace is a great alternative to get you online.
Read Dave Becker's full review
Faith Barker profile photo
November 19, 2018

User Review: "Love Squarespace!"

I use Squarespace to host and build my personal website for graphic design work. The software is great because I know basic coding, but I am not in the field of creating websites from scratch. Squarespace has allowed me to build a custom website based on my preferences with great UX/UI. I have NEVER had an issue with website failure or malfunction. A full-blown website update and relaunch took just two days for me to complete, where others would take months or more. I don't need to hire a web developer. I can use my own photographs or stock imagery Squarespace provides users with. They also offer you website templates and sample sites so you can see how others have used the templates with their own spins to create unique, customized webpages.
  • UX/UI design and functionality
  • Excellent web support and service
  • Customized webpages made easy
  • Low cost
  • SEO suggestions
  • Email newsletter with web tips and software updates
  • Referral incentive
Appropriate for
  • those looking to build websites quickly.
  • those who do not have background experience in web design or coding.
  • freelancers, consultants, and teacher websites.
  • portfolio creation.
  • beginner bloggers.
Not appropriate for
  • those claiming to be web coders or developers
  • those who want complete control of their website design and development
  • those in need of SEO guidance and suggestions
Read Faith Barker's full review
Sara Meyer profile photo
November 19, 2018

Squarespace Review: "Great Value"

I am using Squarespace for a beauty blog. I am showcasing different treatments and procedures related to the aesthetics industry.
  • Aesthetically pleasing templates that have a modern feel and clean feel.
  • Organizing the templates to be able to find what you are looking for that would work for your project.
  • I had to call customer service a few times and it was positive.
  • I think it would be nice if they had a recommended amount of words for each box in the template. When I imported some of text it did not have the same look as the template because I had too little or too much. I had to gauge by making changes and keep going back to review.
I think it is a good cost value when working on a budget but still want a clean and modern look.

Read Sara Meyer's full review
Sarah Daggett profile photo
November 19, 2018

Squarespace Review: "Helped this Novice Get Going"

I am using Squarespace to host my website. It provided an easy, affordable, out of the box webpage that could help serve my business.
  • It was so easy to get set up. In one place, I was able to reserve my domain, choose a template, and get to work on a webpage. All on my own.
  • Squarespace partners with Unsplash, a free photography website, that allows me to use professional-level photography with no royalties.
  • Using the customization tools to build my webpage was hard. There were some areas that made total sense and others that made no sense at all. My husband has some experience with this stuff, so I brought him in to have him look over the UI with me. Together, we figured it out, but I felt like some features were unnecessarily hard to use.
If you're just starting a new company and can't afford to pay a web designer, Squarespace is an AMAZING way to "hang your shingle", as they say. For less than $100, I was able to reserve a domain and get a webpage on its feet. That's really incredible!
Do know, though, that their templates are highly stylized and aren't as flexible as maybe you'd like or need (it wasn't for me). I had to compromise on the look I wanted because their templates didn't quite accommodate what I had envisioned.
Read Sarah Daggett's full review
Marissa Artman profile photo
October 17, 2018

Squarespace Review: "Does the Job for a Small Company, Could be More Robust"

I use Squarespace as my current website host for my online teletherapy business. It doesn't actually host the teletherapy platform for HIPAA reasons, but it holds the information about my company for school districts, private clients, and potential employees, as well as any other information about my business. It is used across the entire organization and addresses the issues of identifying our market, what we do, putting a face to our name, and making a web presence. We could also easily host a blog or an online shop.
  • General website
  • Image hosting
  • Blog hosting
  • Blog hosting is not as robust as WordPress
  • Online shop is emerging
  • HIPAA compliance for online therapy could be really robust if allowed to grow
Squarespace is great for beginners in designing and hosting a website, specifically those who need a visual schematic to help them build a site. It is less robust for blogging, online store fronts, and secure hosting.
Read Marissa Artman's full review
Josephine Stafford profile photo
November 23, 2018

User Review: "I love Squarespace!"

I use Squarespace to manage an online storefront for my wedding planning company. Since I am the owner and only employee I don’t quite need to have other users, but I am aware of the opportunity to expand if I do decide to add team members. Having a website with such great SEO helps me rank better on google and brings me potential new clients.
  • Image alt text optimized for SEO
  • Integrations and opportunities for custom CSS, like my contact form
  • Pushing posts to social media
  • Keeping pages organize but easily found
  • Great templates
  • Easy to add or change pages
  • Cover pages! I’d like to be able to add custom CSS
  • Reminders to publish new content
  • Higher capacity for audio
Perfect for small business owners and perfect for anyone who can’t stand Wordpress’ clunky layout. Mac users will adore Squarespace and its so simple to use and figure out
Read Josephine Stafford's full review
November 23, 2018

Review: "Squarespace is the only platform we use for all of our clients!"

I own a Custom Squarespace Web Design and Graphic Design company. We exclusively design and build websites on the Squarespace platform. We serve small to medium size businesses with their design needs online. Our websites, when complete, are passed onto the owner. We do not provide ongoing maintenance on their websites. After a project is finished we provide full training on their site so that they can confidently update and maintain their own website. We find that Squarespace makes it easy for companies to do this. With security updates, software upgrades, and almost zero downtime, Squarespace makes it easy for our client, and us, to depend on them as a solid hosting service for their sites.
Squarespace provides solutions for our clients in the areas of blogging, eCommerce, gorgeous user experience, modern look, third party integrations, appointment booking and many other features. We personally use it for several of those benefits.
  • eCommerce: Squarespace provides a thorough and comprehensive solution for eCommerce. There are analytics, inventory tracking, variants, shipping, third party integration, easy to build and use options for users to build a secure store.
  • Blogging: Squarespace provides all types of options for blogging that people can use to design a gorgeous but functional blogging platform.
  • Style Editor: Their style editor has so many options it is one of the most flexible and customizable options out there. Anywhere from changing the fonts, colors, and layout to custom designing with CSS code injection.
  • No Affiliate program: I think with all the designers out there that use and promote Squarespace as one of the best options, having an affiliate or reseller program would be nice.
  • I think there is room for improvement on the responsive design end. There is some disconnect sometimes with the way the layouts adjust depending on the screen size. For the most part it works great but I think it could be better.
Squarespace is most appropriate for service and eCommerce small to medium size businesses that need to be able to maintain their own website and do NOT need a database or client login scenario.

Squarespace is not appropriate for large size companies that need the most flexible open source options through something like Wordpress and need a developer to maintain their site. Sometimes companies need more options than a platform like Squarespace can provide.
October 16, 2018

Review: "Squarespace Allowed Us to Focus on The Business, Not Get Bogged Down"

Squarespace is currently used to manage our website needs for both the school and our training site. We first began using it because we needed a program that would allow us to keep a clean, neat website, while also allowing new users to interact with it quickly and efficiently. We chose it because of the simply drag and drop interface, which made it very easy to navigate and create a site where we could focus on our needs and not spend hours trying to decipher what certain parts of the interface meant.
  • Blogs - it provides an easy way to create the blogs, as well as a nice way to organize and sort blogs so that our customers can identify what they want to read before having to slog through everything on the site.
  • User Interface - we have a saying: "what if you get hit by a bus?" If the entire operation shuts down because one person is gone, then the program is not worth it. Squarespace's interface is something anyone can learn in the span of 10 minutes, and with a little bit of guidance, you will never be left alone in case your web master is away.
  • Pricing and Domain - this was not only easy to set up, but painless and straightforward. No hidden costs, and no sudden expenses that we didn't expect.
  • I am not a fan of the embedded code. For third party programs, I have to search them for a direct HTML code in order to put it on the site, as their embedded link only creates a hyperlink. Something you can do easier in the text blocks.
  • More reliable integration with social media. I have to resync the school's Instagram account weekly. We manage multiple, so I can't just leave it logged in. One time it displayed my own personal account without confirming.
  • I would also like a more expansive CMS on par with WordPress, but that is a preference, not a negative.
Artists, photographers, writers - anyone selling digital content or trying to display their work. Their site and template selections are very well suited for this type of interface, and can easily encourage sales. It is less appropriate for sites who are constantly updating their catalog, like car sales or ones which require a more extensive vetting process.
December 12, 2018

Review: "Travel Photographer Happy with SquareSpace"

SquareSpace is our website builder. Because our company is very small (two people), we needed a program that was both sophisticated but easy to use. And as every company big and small, budget is always a factor in deciding whether to license a product. SquareSpace met all these goals.
  • Every few months we update our website's "Featured Gallery", an image gallery depicting a particular subject (this month it is Istanbul). After selecting a number of images from my collection, SquareSpace makes it easy to set up the gallery page, move images around to see how they would look as a set, and even move the copyright symbol around so it does not fall on an important part of an image. We then view the gallery before posting it.
  • We also like the variety of templates SquareSpace offers. They tend to be modern and simple, and they are highly customizeable. As a travel photographer it is important that that images are highlighter (not the website builder), and SquareSpace's simple templates allow for this.
  • As a travel photographer I need my images to be front and center of every page of my website. The gallery pages are great for this, but not so with my blog. It is here where I think SquareSpace could use some improvement. I am only able to feature an image cropped in a circular fashion!
SquareSpace is well suited to showcase beautiful imagery, whether you are a travel, wedding, architectural or fashion photographer. The galleries are easy to set up and update as needed. I found the blog page not to be as useful to display my work. The images are automatically cropped as a circle.
November 23, 2018

Squarespace Review: "Oversimplification leads to restricted design, but if you're on a tight budget..."

I use Squarespace not for my own website, but for clients. I have had four clients over the past year that have chosen to use Squarespace for their website and they have hired me to help with various tasks, such as styling, third-party integrations, design review and more. Squarespace was being used by independent artists and small business owners.

Squarespace makes creating a simple website easy for people with no real web development experience. It offers a fairly clean interface featuring a visual builder WYSIWYG editor and the ability to drag and drop elements quickly.
  • Fairly simple to use visual builder for front-end website development
  • The cost is very low
  • The setup, from purchasing a domain and certifying with SSL through building pages is relatively simple for non-coders.
  • Restrictive when it comes to design. I tend not to recommend Squarespace to any organizations of more than one or two people because it is more or a temporary "fix" for not having a website, in my POV.
  • You never own your website, as it is stuck to Squarespace's proprietary platform.
  • Your website design will most likely look like everyone else's who uses the same Squarespace theme, as people who go this route tend to do very little customization.
  • There is still a learning curve, regardless of how easy people say it is for beginners.
Well-suited for:
  • B2B businesses
  • Robust websites
  • Monetized blogs
  • Custom-designed websites
  • Anything with even a remote amount of back end functionality
  • Anyone who needs to establish significant business credibility to get clients or make sales
November 23, 2018

Squarespace Review: "Website building for people who don't know how to build websites"

We are currently using Squarespace for our companies website. It is being used across the entire organization as we make regular updates to the website and we also sell our products online. Our employees are able to log in to Squarespace when an online order comes in and fulfill the order. It's easy to use and easy to update.
  • It's easy for someone who has very limited experience with website creation and design to use.
  • The online store was easy to set up and easy to use.
  • It's easy to update and make edits to the website
  • It is a bit tedious to add photos to the online store.
  • Not all of it is intuitive, there was definitely a good bit of guess and check that I had to do which made it a bit inefficient.
My scenario is the perfect use case. I needed a new website but didn't know a thing about building a website. I was able to use a template that Squarespace provided and within a couple of weeks create a website that has provided everything we need. Admittedly we didn't need a whole lot from our website, but I do like the fact that we were able to set up an online store for no cost.
November 23, 2018

Review: "Leave squarespace for the DIYers and hire a professional for an outstanding website"

I've managed and switched a number of clients from Squarespace. Although Squarespace is decent enough for a very, very simple website for someone that wants to DIY....it leaves a LOT to be desired with SEO, customization and customer service. Every client I've acquired that had a previous website with Squarespace ended up needing to be replaced with a better software.
  • I can admit that some of their templates are decent enough. (but I'm a firm believer in custom vs. templates.)
  • The builder does seam fairly user-friendly for a non-technical person to utilize.
  • Getting a very basic, simple website can be fairly quick to accomplish.
  • Customer service is lacking, greatly.
  • Customization is virtually non-existent and impossible to create a customized website with specialized needs.
  • Transferring out a domain is an ordeal.
For someone wanting a personal website, or a small business with no money for a marketing budget and want to DIY their website (but there are MANY reasons to not go this route) it's an ok option just take a moment to learn some marketing basics before doing so. Otherwise, for a professional website or a website that has e-commerce or other specialized needs, hire a professional web designer/developer!
November 23, 2018

Squarespace Review: "The go-to for set-it-and-forget-it info sites"

Squarespace is being used as a supplemental campaign site in tandem with our main corporate site. Our marketing department is using it to easily and quickly execute a low-code/no-code solution for websites instead of having to work with a developer to build a campaign site that will have a short lifespan and have minimal complexity.
  • Building info sites with "standard" functionality
  • Easy to deploy for non-technical users in a Marketing environment
  • Getting a quick, nice looking site with minimal weekly maintenance.
  • Has a glass ceiling, some products in this space have more extensiblility at the trade off of more maintenance.
  • All-in-one means you have to go with their options (which they have plenty of!)
  • More granular design control would be beneficial to making sites feel less templated.
This product is best suited for small to midsize business environments where there is a logical "ceiling" to what the customer will want. Also, this product is useful for secondary sites (landing pages, or campaign sites that have a limited lifespan) in larger corporate/enterprise environments that want to keep costs low.
Daryl Wise Jr. profile photo
June 01, 2018

User Review: "Squarespace - Best Website Bulider!"

Squarespace is used by VGSG Music to create and host our website VGSG Music.com Squarespace's templates are sleek, modern and FAST! We absolutely LOVE Squarespace as our site has never looked more professional and it has never been so responsive! Our old website was slow with very long load times and very poor mobile optimization. Squarespace on the other hand has great load times and incredible mobile (Phone and Tablet) optimization!
  • G Suite Services Included - Get custom Gmail emails e.g. "support@mysite.com."
  • Site Security - SSL certificates for encryption plus HSTS
  • Advanced Analytics - Monitor your site traffic, traffic sources and search engine keywords to discover what draws your audience to your site.
  • e-Commerce
  • More Templates - We really didn't feel 100% that the templates "spoke" to us, so we settled for the one with the most simplistic design and we edited from there.
Squarespace is serious about making your website professional and secure! They offer SSL certificates for encryption, HSTS, and built-in G-Suite (Gmail emails) for our site so that we can have, say, "support@mysite.com." That is essential for any website and it solidifies your professional look. We love their integration with MailChimp and their built in Analytics to see how our customers are finding us and where our customers are from. They also provide built in social media integration, a full e-Commerce platform and SEO optimization! Their prices are also very reasonable for the services they provide!
Read Daryl Wise Jr.'s full review
Kelly Troyer profile photo
January 05, 2018

User Review: "Squarespace is stylish, easy to use"

Our organization uses Squarespace to run our company website. We use it as a web presence to inform people about our products, to direct them to stores that carry our products near them across the United States, and as a resource for recipes. We also use it for eCommerce as a retail store which is a very small part of our business but important nonetheless to allow people to purchase our products if they can't find them at a store near them. Our squarespace site addressed our need for an easy to maintain site, that still looks professional, to host all of these previously mentioned applications.
  • Squarespace has professional, appealing templates. It also allows you to change templates as well without affecting your live website while working on an update, which we are currently doing.
  • The eCommerce setup is very easy and user-friendly. Several options for customizing items, such as choosing 4 flavors to go into a 4 pack. The payment through Stripe is very secure as well.
  • There are many options for customizing your pages. There are various slideshow options, different ways to display pictures, products, and text. Each option comes in its own content block which you can't freely move but that helps keep everything aligned on the pages.
  • The pages adapt very well for mobile. There are mobile specific options you can change too.
  • Discounts don't have use limits. We have wanted to give a discount for a customer for a one time use but the only option currently is to give a code and then keep an eye on when the code is used and then end change the expiration code once it has otherwise they could use it more than once.
  • Shipping options are limited. You can choose to ship everywhere or add which countries you want to allow but you can't exclude more specific than countries. For example, we can include United States but can't exclude specific places such as the Virgin Islands which are included in the United States.
  • It's more expensive than other website options. The ease of use might make up for the cost, but if you have someone who can do coding and/or dedicate more time to maintenance of the site, there are likely cheaper options.
Squarespace has great templates for displaying a portfolio or pictures. I imagine it would suit photographers and I think restaurants would benefit from Squarespace's features as well to display bold food pictures and capture attention with full screen images. For a site more focused on eCommerce another site might do better with payment, shipping, and coupon options. I do think it would be well suited for smaller businesses with interactive scrolling pages and good mobile adaptability which an individual or a small team could easily maintain.
Read Kelly Troyer's full review
Chris Tuley profile photo
April 10, 2018

Review: "Squarespace is simply the best. Period."

I use Squarespace to manage, maintain, and deploy my personal photography/videography website. It is a wonderful all-in-one solution of domain management, hosting, and deployment. Squarespace is beautifully designed, completely secure, and such a delight to use. I was able to dive in and get started immediately on my site. There was virtually no learning curve. Their support is also top tier.
  • Ease of use
  • Beautifully designed on the front and back end
  • Secure
  • Can be cost prohibitive for some small businesses
I think Squarespace is a great option for everything from a small business to a large e-commerce website. It has so much built in and is highly customizable for your organization. The only scenario I don't see Squarespace being a good fit is for a large corporate website that has hundreds of subdomains or pages.
Read Chris Tuley's full review
Rachel McIntyre profile photo
February 12, 2018

User Review: "Squarespace is the right place!"

[Squarespace is] Used for website building within an advertising agency for multiple clients. It’s a good website option for designers who aren’t extremely skilled or are new to the web, it provides customization but the ease of templates!
  • Templates that are easy to use
  • Tutorials on how to use the program
  • Clean and sleek design options
  • Hard to understand without watching tutorials
  • Not always user-friendly
  • Pricy
I used it for multiple clients for quick clean websites. Any site that is extremely complicated wouldn’t be a candidate for Squarespace.
Read Rachel McIntyre's full review
Jared Bramer profile photo
December 19, 2017

Review: "Squarespace is a great, easy to use and cost-effective solution"

It's a quick solution that doesn't require weeks of web development and available at a generally low cost. Squarespace is also a great option for a simple landing page or temporary solution. We currently use it in our digital department on a limited basis. I also use Squarespace as my personal portfolio.
  • A wide variety of templates are available, which can help save a lot of time on the front end of a project.
  • I do not need to know how to code in order to build a beautiful website.
  • I can make edits at any time very easily, without involving a developer.
  • Drag and drop features don't always work like they should.
  • Many templates require or restrict to column layout.
  • I am not confident on the level of safety, especially when collecting information via forms and processing e-commerce payments.
It's a quick solution that doesn't require weeks of web development and generally low cost for tight budgets. Squarespace is also a great option for a simple landing page or temporary solution. I would not recommend for a high-traffic e-commerce type solution. Overall, Squarespace is a great, easy to use and cost-effective solution.
Read Jared Bramer's full review

Role-based user permissions (32)
API (25)
Internationalization / multi-language (17)
WYSIWYG editor (41)
Code quality / cleanliness (37)
Admin section (50)
Page templates (50)
Library of website themes (48)
Mobile optimization / responsive design (46)
Publishing workflow (44)
Form generator (37)
Content taxonomy (38)
SEO support (42)
Bulk management (21)
Availability / breadth of extensions (31)
Community / comment management (33)

About Squarespace

Squarespace is a CMS platform that allows users to create a DIY blog, eCommerce store, and/or portfolio (visual art or music). Their templates are designed to be elegant and give users maximum control over the look & feel of the website. Some Squarespace templates are industry or use case-specific, such as menu builders for restaurant sites.

Squarespace allows eCommerce users to customize not only elements like themes and fonts, but also structural elements like online store layout. Templates are optimized for mobile shopping. SEO, product galleries, and order management features are built in. Squarespace integrates with Stripe for credit card payments, and ShipStation for shipping.

Squarespace Technical Details