Squarespace Reviews

<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>

Isabel Sam | TrustRadius Reviewer
I went through a trial to see if Squarespace would fit my business well for a website earlier this year. I wanted to tinker with the features and ease of creating the website and also see how well it would solve other SEO and tracking issues I've had over the years. While I did find it very easy to use, unfortunately, I found WordPress to work better for me overall and I went with WordPress.
  • Stupid simple to use. I know very creative people who cannot code and this is probably the easiest ever platform for them!
  • Pretty website templates and great functionality with showing off portfolios.
  • They've already figured out what are the problems that non-coding people have when creating websites and they've figured out a simple solution for all of it.
  • SEO doesn't seem to crawl as well on different search engines.
  • I wanted to hook up my API code to my squarespace site to see how it tracks visitors and I didn't have a way to do that.
  • Website loading time felt kind of average (3-5 seconds). I like to be around 1 second or less.
If you've started up a business and the idea of learning how to build a website and/or hiring a designer is just out of the question for you...this is your solution. You can easily have a beautiful website up and running in just a day or two using Squarespace and it isn't horrifically frustrating like other website templates or software can be. The only downside is that your SEO doesn't seemed to get picked up by crawlers as easily as other solutions and you cannot create your own code to add to Squarespace for other things you'd like to track. Other than that, this is a very easy platform to use and you can easily have a very professional and beautiful site up in just a day or two and your membership pays for all those other things that you don't want to look up that you need to purchase when buying a domain etc... It's a great solution for the non-tech business owner who just wants something up and running quickly.
Read Isabel Sam's full review
May 22, 2021
Michael Chow | TrustRadius Reviewer
A client of mine purchased Squarespace as their website for their business. Even though a custom design website would have cost more, she elected to pursue Squarespace for the ease of drag and drop and the ideas of a future blog.

Except they found it more confusing. The learning curve wasn't confusing. They didn't have a comprehensive flair for good design, usage of typography and colors for the website. That's where I come in, and I designed a site using the Squarespace interface with ease. It's likely one of the most accessible third-party platforms I have used!
  • Blogging feature - easy to set up
  • A variety of templates and designs for the clients to from
  • Mobile apps
  • Couldn't see anything wrong. Almost makes me want to stop creating custom sites because of Squarespace!
Although there are templates and themes, if you are skilled in web development or web design, one could further customize the site. You can use your custom code to CSS whatever you need to do. One is not stuck to the template or theme.
Read Michael Chow's full review
May 14, 2021
Megan Murray | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Squarespace for all our websites. We have multiple domains and multiple websites, some simply splash pages and others full websites with e-commerce. Squarespace allows us to quickly create clean, professional websites with very little lift. As a small business most of our organization is using Squarespace. This allows us to save time and money not just once but ongoing as it is so easy to update.
  • Squarespace is very easy to use, this is a super helpful thing as small business owners we have to wear many hats and being a full blown website developer doesn't need to be one of them.
  • Squarespace has quick and simple plugins.
  • Squarespace allows you to easily expand as you need to.
  • As a wine company it would really love it if Squarespace had an easy plugin for wine club subscriptions.
  • Squarespace would be awesome if it could automatically take your photos that you upload on the site and optimize them for the web and for the website.
  • I do wish we could have more than two contributors for the basic website costs.
[Squarespace is] really great for small businesses where the owner or few employees have to do many jobs. Less appropriate for full blown ecommerce driven websites. Great for being able to quickly get something online with a clean and up to date look. For those wanting a product subscription plugin I have yet to find one that fits with Squarespace that fits my wine club needs.
Read Megan Murray's full review
May 13, 2021
Courtney Birnbaum | TrustRadius Reviewer
I began using Squarespace to maintain a production blog for web series Club Swim Show, which worked very well. Squarespace provides a very versatile, customizable website building platform that was easy to update with blog posts and to keep a specific look to the overall production website for the social media and promotion department. I continue to use Squarespace for my husband's and my portfolio sites, where I can showcase portfolio work and offer an easy-to-use storefront for any merchandise we have available to sell related to our graphic design and art.
  • Squarespace makes it simple to set up your website, whether you know a lot or very little about web design. HTML coding can be used but is not necessary, thanks to the hub's large selection of templates for both overall website look and individual pages.
  • The backend "Dashboard" for Squarespace sites is very clean and clear — navigation is simple to get started, and if you select a wrong section, you can easily go back to the main menus.
  • Commerce is very nice. I've used Shopify and a few custom store backends, and Squarespace stands out as one of the best. Because I'm a longterm user, I have certain benefits that now have a different price point, but I'd recommend their store as a very good option for most groups.
  • Analytics are pretty standard, which is nice for groups who want to keep track of basic traffic and sales without needing a secondary tracker, but may not satisfy someone looking for extra robust information.
  • It takes practice to get used to the editing flow for setting up pages in Squarespace: you need to both use an on-page "Page Content" tab to edit most aspects but also use a gear icon on the left-hand sidebar to finish setting up the pages with SEO, social image and metadata style descriptions.
  • Because so much of your website is created through drag and drop, it can be frustrating at times when items do not move as precisely as you need. I end up having to resize columns after laying out the whole page from time to time.
  • I pay for a domain through Squarespace because it keeps it simple, but the pricing is not ideal, especially if you need more than one domain. If you are bringing your own domain names, there is extra work, but it does work.
The beauty of Squarespace is its cohesive, "all-in-one" platform for building visually striking websites that communicate your goals to your audience, and then adding in a long list of other marketing tools to connect. Squarespace has done everything that I've used well, but there are so many options that it may be difficult to find yourself needing all of them—or affording them since there are different subscription levels that can add up for an individual but would be well within the budget of an established firm. If you already have reliable clients and a set workflow for website domains, marketing tools, email blasts, professional email hosting, analytics, web storefront, and logo design, for example, you may prefer to keep all those settings outside of your Squarespace account and let Squarespace excel at what it does best: let you build and host your website on a reliable platform. You may find it more streamlined to run all of those out of Squarespace! That's why there are options. Overall, Squarespace remains my preferred source for building and hosting websites, with the options I need like hosting blog, portfolio, and store pages on the same site, without needing to HTML code.
Read Courtney Birnbaum's full review
May 09, 2021
Josh Summerhays | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Squarespace as our primary web presence for both our online store and blog. We sell digital products via Squarespace's eCommerce platform. I am the primary Squarespace user and am responsible for all content updates and edits in the store and on the blog. Squarespace enables us to create a good-looking website for our small business without additional help from a designer. It also integrates easily with our Stripe and Paypal accounts.
  • Squarespace makes it very easy to get products listing in an eCommerce store. The interface is intuitive (they've improved in this regard quite a bit in their recent update, in my opinion) and quick to navigate.
  • Squarespace is designed for fast deployment. While it sacrifices some customization, it is very simple to get your website framed up, the pages filled out with images and content, 3rd party integrations set up, and everything launched.
  • The tools for building your content are easy to understand use. They've improved greatly with the functionality for inserting a content block. It used to be pretty buggy or fiddly but you can now just place your cursor in the editor where you want to insert something, see an indicator for where the new content will be inserted, click, and you're on your way.
  • Solid uptime performance. I've never had problems with my website going down after two years as a customer.
  • Automatic updates keep the site secured and free of malware or other problems that tend to afflict the average WordPress user.
  • Design options tend to be limited unless you venture into the world of add-ons where things can get quite technical. If you're looking for a plug-and-play, you'll get it here, but you will likely have to concede some personal design preferences to fit the boundaries of their templates.
  • It can be a little bit tricky at first to figure out the Pages tool and how to use it to get your navigation the way you want. I have some pages that I don't want in the primary navigation and
  • This platform really needs more turnkey functionality for a membership site, recurring payments, gated content, etc. I hope that's coming at some point. Right now, you're better off using Squarespace for a more conventional eCommerce business.
  • If you're a blogger and want to load up your site with ad placements, Squarespace is not for you. The platform is really unfriendly for any kind of ad network integrations, including AdSense.
Squarespace is well suited for small business eCommerce. Their tools are great for people with a bias toward creating highly aesthetic web experiences with little to no custom development required. Squarespace is excellent for photographers and other types of makers to showcase their art and creations effectively online.

Squarespace is not a great choice for ad-revenue-reliant bloggers or similar content creators. Its eCommerce tools are great for launching quickly but lack a lot of customization options without custom development. If you have the resources to go that route, however, there are some great Squarespace development shops that can do some pretty cool stuff.
Read Josh Summerhays's full review
June 14, 2021
Shawn Dehner | TrustRadius Reviewer
Squarespace hosts our business website. It is a safe and worry-free platform that looks and works great.
  • Security
  • Customer support
  • Maintenance
  • Squarespace would be improved by offering options for variants for downloadable products.
It's safe and reliable and offers easy-to-implement and good-looking website templates at a reasonable price.
Read Shawn Dehner's full review
February 18, 2021
Daniel Shatzkes CEO Entrepreneur, Manufacturer, Musician | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Squarespace as our e-commerce website and platform. It is our portal through which customers can find out about us, our products and what we do and then they are able to purchase our products on our website. It is basically like most traditional e-commerce websites. We do utilize certain other tools that Squarespace offers, like their Analytics tools to gauge the traffic to our site, traffic sources and sales data. We do also use their "Abandoned Cart feature which allows us to contact customers that added product to their shopping cart but did not complete a purchase. At this time we do not use a lot of the marketing tools that Squarespace offers as part of their Advanced Commerce plan.
  • Getting started with Squarespace is incredibly easy. Their templates make getting an early design for your website set up and published quick and simple. There are plenty of advanced features that can be utilized to tweak the design indefinitely but getting up and running smoothly and quickly is key and Squarespace does that beautifully.
  • The Squarespace Analytics tools are incredibly helpful. They are quite detailed yet very easy to understand and parse through. If you've ever tried to understand all of your Google Analytics data, you can feel like you need to get a new degree to comprehend it all. Squarespace Analytics are intuitive and easy to understand allowing you have an easier time making decisions based not eh data you re provided.
  • Squarespace makes integrations with other platforms very easy as well. Email service providers (like MailChimp or Contant Contact), or integrating with outside fulfillment centers for orders of your products is very easy to set up. The back end design and control makes navigating through these things very easy (with the right instructions, of course).
  • My biggest complaint about Squarespace is particularly about the shipping rates controls in the Commerce plans. Squarespace does not allow you to assign different shipping costs to different products. You can set up different costs for different levels of shipping (for example, Ground, Express, Overnight, etc.). But if you have two different products that are different sizes and weights you cannot independently assign each of them a different cost for Ground shipping. All products have to have the same price for Ground, the same price for expedited, etc. It is incredibly frustrating. This one deficiency alone has actually been enough to have prompted me into looking for alternative platforms for my e-commerce site. If you sell multiple products of varying sizes and weights and you intend to charge you customers shipping, then be aware of this beforehand. If you only sell digital products, or products that don't vary much in size or weight, or you intend to offer free shipping on everything then this will not be as big a deal for you.
  • Squarespace offers excellent help services via live chat, but in the years that I've used it I get the sense that recommendations from users are taken seriously. I've made numerous recommendations for enhancements and fixes over the years and I know other people that have as well. However what I continue to see from Squarespace is development of new product offerings that aren't necessarily in line with their core product offering, and not much in the way of making what they already offer much better. There are certain things that should be prioritized by their development team but I don't get the sense that these are taken seriously. Of course this is just my guess as I don't work there but it's important to remember that perception is reality to those who are perceiving.
  • As much as Squarespace makes integrations easy, they still have along way to go with regards to being recognized by many other platforms as integration worthy. Very often I come across services that offer integrations with web design platforms and Squarespace is not one of them. I'm not sure why this is but I wish Squarespace would do a better job of working with these other companies to have integrations with them.
Squarespace is a perfect platform for an informational website, for selling digital products or as a scheduling website. These kinds of things it does incredibly well, what with their myriad templates and design tools. As an e-commerce platform it can be very good but it definitely has some catching up to do with other more well known platforms. They need to focus on some core features a little bit better to make selling easier.
Read Daniel Shatzkes CEO Entrepreneur, Manufacturer, Musician's full review
Grace Cartwright Aspinwall | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Squarespace as the blogging platform for my clients. I update their blogs with SEO, content, and fresh ideas. I manage the backend of their websites and also fix any issues. I also help them curate images for their website as part of their overall strategy. I use Squarespace multiple times per week.
  • Easy to use platform.
  • Uploading images is fast.
  • Aesthetics are beautiful.
  • Hate that I cannot access a media library of past images.
  • Sometimes it doesn’t save properly.
  • The program boots me out without warning.
Squarespace is perfect for the client who wants a very simple blogging experience. There’s no coding or issues involved with making significant changes. The block style is clean and convenient for the client who is afraid of code-type work. I find it simple to make changes even though I don’t handle the design portions.
Read Grace Cartwright Aspinwall's full review
Jared Jacobson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Squarespace has been used to develop a web portal for a speciality food company. It is addressing the problem of trying to get more customers to be interested in ordering speciality food online. This site was used across the entire organization and we were constantly making improvements to the site.
  • Provides great looking templates
  • Provides good online sessions to develop skills
  • Provides website analytics
  • The forum needs to have more users
  • Help center can have more videos
  • Need more templates for more industries
Squarespace is well suited for small companies that need an effective website to help promote their product or service to a specific group of customers. It is great if you need to market your business, publish a blog, promote an event, or just sell products. I would not try to use it to market myself for a position at a major corporation.
Read Jared Jacobson's full review
May 14, 2021
Don Stone | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Squarespace for small website design projects. If my client needs a simple ad fast website design that they can update themselves, I will suggest WordPress or Squarespace for their site. The choice of platform will depend on the client's needs and their understanding of website design. Some clients prefer an easier-to-maintain website like Squarespace.
  • The sites created in Squarespace are easy for my clients to maintain.
  • Updating a Squarespace site can be completed by the client
  • It is easy for me to quickly design and implement a wide range of websites for my clients.
  • Maintaining a Squarespace website costs more than a traditional or WordPress site.
  • Building larger or more complex sites is difficult.
  • Lack of 3rd party plug-ins reduces customization options.
Squarespace can be used to create fast and amazing-looking websites. It is perfect for clients that have little to no website design experience. I will suggest Squarespace as an option for small business sites especially local business websites. If I am creating a larger site or site that requires customization, I would normally use WordPress to create the site.
Read Don Stone's full review
May 08, 2021
Elizabeth Turner | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have used Squarespace to build out one of our sister websites. It was a simple website, so this tool worked for us perfectly. It helps us solve the issue of creating quick websites for ourselves and for our clients if needed.
  • Squarespace is great because the interface is simple. Anyone can build a website in this platform.
  • I love that analytics are tracked within the software itself.
  • User management and editing is easy.
  • Writing blog posts are easy.
  • Squarespace is simple, which is a positive, but it also lacks a lot of other tools for creating further complexities.
  • The templates could definitely be improved.
  • Some templates are not responsive.
Squarespace is suitable for websites that are simple but you want to look elegant. While the templates are not complex, they look very clean. It is appropriate for any company that needs a simple website that can be designed quick.
Read Elizabeth Turner's full review
Nicole Nagy | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Squarespace for personal usage. As a product designer and photographer, I require a place to house my work that's accessible to others. Squarespace fulfills that need for me. I can house all my projects, and make sure it's password protected in case the work is confidential. It also provides a clear solution for photographers when it comes to uploading and placing images on a page that's visually appealing.
  • Image Stacking
  • Website Building
  • Customization
  • Drag and Drop
  • Domain accessibility
Personally, I think Squarespace is suited for anyone who wants to either start their own mini business or showcase their work. There are so many integrations Squarespace can handle, and it's a beautiful layout that's easy to use! However, larger businesses... I don't think the website could sustain that much data... so if you're trying to start a software company I'd recommend using something else.
Read Nicole Nagy's full review
Darcy Knapp, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have many clients that use Squarespace for their website and ecommerce solution. Squarespace offers a great starting point for SMBs to get into ecommerce and have online check out for services.
  • Easy to navigate
  • Simple to update products
  • Ease of use for check out pages
  • Simple platform for site management
  • Low SEO value
  • Hard to expand for larger scale online catalogs
  • Limited check out integrations
Depending on the size of the catalog, volume of sales and needs of the client, Squarespace is a good starter solution. For a more robust solution and higher volume clients they will need to change platforms down the road. Many clients last years in Squarespace until they have the sales volume and needs that a more robust platform offers (Shopify or BigCommerce).
Read Darcy Knapp, MBA's full review
Meadow Griffin | TrustRadius Reviewer
I used Squarespace to create website for Legends of Erin. I found it worked well for what I was looking for. I felt like the amount of templates and flexibility were perfect for the sort of website I was designing. I also found the templates highly customizable in the Design menue to fit the feel I was looking for.
  • Templates and Designs worked well for the sort of website I was creating
  • Blogging Feature was great to keep customers up to date on current events
  • Great price for what your getting in the website deign
  • Excellent support whenever you run into a snag. Live chat I have found was a great tool and you get responded to right away.
  • I find the usability of the editor to be a little frustrating at times. I would have preferred to have an autosave feature instead of having to save every change.
  • Page speed is low, which makes for a poor smartphone experience.
If your looking for a tool that's a great price and helps you create a smaller website then this is the tool for you. For larger websites this would not be the right tool, but for artistic sells, book sells, and showing off artwork I found Squrespace to be an excellent tool.
Read Meadow Griffin's full review
May 07, 2021
Our non-profit uses Squarespace as our website builder for our organization's website. We use Squarespace as a solution for our web presence and for e-commerce capabilities that has allowed us to sell merch and physical CDs. We've also used Squarespace's e-commerce to "sell" free PDF downloads with resources for teachers, which has also allowed us to collect their email addresses for further engagement. We previously used Squarespace's Donation capabilities as well, which was fantastic when we were just getting started. (We now have a Bloomerang form embedded into our Squarespace site.)
  • Design - Squarespace is like an Apple product, it just looks really nice and does what you want it to do out of the box. If you're like most young non-profits, you probably just want to put up a basic website that looks visually appealing, presents information about your work, and collects donations. Squarespace is fantastic for that purpose.
  • Accessible editing - If you have folks on staff who are not tech people, they will still likely be able to make quick updates to text or replace a photo with Squarespace. The editor is very newbie-friendly, and you can easily add restricted contributor users who can make certain changes, but can't bork the whole thing. Compared to a WordPress dashboard, Squarespace is super simple.
  • Landing pages - Squarespace has a feature called "Cover Pages". These are really handy for when you'd like to make a quick landing page for a specific project or take your site offline temporarily. If you set up your site and only select a cover page as your site structure, the price for monthly service also drops dramatically.
  • Domain included - When you create a Squarespace site, you can register a domain name for free for the first year. Many organizations have trouble keeping track of a separate web host and domain registrar and will lose their domain name unintentionally over an unpaid bill. Having the domain and the site hosting/builder all in one package comes in handy to avoid this situation.
  • Pricing - I haven't done a lot of shopping around, but the price points for getting to e-commerce functionality seem fairly steep. It's worth doing the math on your expected sales to see if you should choose the commerce plan with transaction fees (less expensive monthly) or without. It's also challenging to compare with other solutions, because Squarespace is all inclusive while another product like WooCommerce will cost money as you go along in the build and can be hard to predict.
  • Store Products are rigid - Squarespace uses Product objects for e-commerce, and they are created by the page. In other words, if you start building a store page and add 10 products, those products will not be accessible on other store pages across your site. If you're working with a large inventory, this can be a nightmare.
  • E-commerce add ons - We were looking to create a popup that encouraged customers to donate to our organization, and this isn't natively available inside Squarespace. It was frustrating that we had to do a lot of searching for a third party company and pay $50 to get this done. It would be nice if Squarespace could offer a marketplace of approved vendors if they aren't interested in building out these types of standard e-commerce behaviors. I had to trust the $50 code would do what we wanted it to do without any backing from Squarespace. Luckily, it worked beautifully!
Squarespace is fantastic for the first stages of an organization's existence on the internet. It's simple to set up, it looks good out of the box, your domain name is free with the Squarespace package, and it will provide all the basic functionality a small organization will need as it grows. You can quickly accept donations online, too.

You can also purchase a Google Workspace account via Squarespace and keep billing for website, domain, and professional (@your domain) email in a central place. It's a great way to put everything together for your online portion of the organization.

If you're running a larger e-commerce operation beyond maybe a dozen products, Squarespace might not be the right choice for you simple because the inventory management piece will end up costing time in labor and agita.
May 24, 2021
Square space was an excellent platform that I used to display my online portfolio. It was a seamless experience from start to finish with setting up my platform. I was very pleased with the customer service that was offered and would highly recommend it to someone who was also looking for a similar system to be used.
  • Streamlined appearance.
  • Multiple options.
  • Space for creativity and ingenuity.
  • Trying to configure site options.
  • Adapting a template to a site.
  • Being able to move around the interface.
It is a well-suited option for a small business I found in my own personal experience. It allows for the exposure of creativity and also the personalization of choices found both on the site and with plug-ins that a user may find more suitable to their style or needs.
May 24, 2021
We built our website for our company using Squarespace. Only two of our team members use Squarespace, but everyone on our team tells us edits to the website to make and then the two of us make them in Squarespace. The problem it solves is allowing us to design a website without a developer.
  • Super easy to use
  • Simple for people without a coding background
  • Standard nice-looking templates to save time
  • Hard to customize
  • A bit cookie cutter
  • Site goes down from time to time
Good for basic websites for informational purposes, but less good for ecommerce sites. In that case where you are actually selling anything, I would recommend Shopify or other ecommerce platforms. Squarespace is great for easy, quick setting up of a website for a company without needed coding knowledge or experience.
May 23, 2021
SquareSpace is being used by the marketing department of our Independent Research Group. They setup a marketing site to showcase our research team and the multiple projects that they are working on. We are keeping this site separate from our organization site as we want to create a unique identify for this smaller research group to gain traction for the multiple projects.
  • Easy to set up initially
  • Learning curve isn't steep to access the dashboard features
  • Decent Analytics to keep track of basic traffic data that helps in making decisions.
  • Needs more integrations from other web friendly platform tools.
  • Not innovating fast enough - I feel their updates aren't creative enough
  • Better Video & multimedia integration.
SquareSpace is suited for straight forward, more simplistic web pages. We set up the informational site for our small research group with 8 pages to showcase a few new projects with pictures, information and some multimedia files. However for a more complicated workflow and forms, we wouldn't choose SquareSpace as it doesn't have more integrations with our backend Azure systems. I wouldn't recommend it for large corporations with complicated workflows. Its more suited for smaller businesses.
May 23, 2021
We have used Squarespace for web hosting and website design for the past six years. We utilize it across all departments of our organization, providing an overview and background about our work and services as well as linking to social media, curriculum portals, and embedding student scholarship and fellowship applications.
  • Out-of-the-box templates make it easy for non-technical people to get started
  • Easy to manage, add users, and customize administrative features
  • Ability to integrate a number of other services and applications
  • For those who are a bit more savvy than a typical non-customized website but not proficient coders, the tools can seem a bit limiting in ability to really adapt and tweak visuals and special content
  • Doesn't always play friendly with mobile versions and different browsers and can be difficult to know, at times, how the content will look across the internet and smart phones
  • Limited customization of payment/donation features requires us to use a separate platform for online payments
Overall, Squarespace is the best in its field...providing the best bang for the buck when it comes to web hosting and web design features without requiring a full-time web manager to oversee the site on a regular basis. We have used the service for six years and do not have any intention of switching or looking at other options anytime soon.
May 23, 2021
We used Squarespace to sell our products at the height of the COVID pandemic when our retail stores were closed. The product was easy to set up and got us selling in a flash!
  • Fast setup
  • Easy-to-understand backend
  • Great customer service
  • Back end does require some technical knowledge
  • There is no scraping opportunity from our our website, which would have improved content speed
  • Customer service was email only
Squarespace is great for selling products online. It's not as appropriate when selling in person. We did not use the product as a point-of-sale service, but they do have that option. Overall, highly recommend. Especially as the fees the service charges are so low.
April 08, 2021
Squarespace is the software that my organization uses for building our website. For small non-profits like ours, Squarespace is an excellent tool. It is intuitive, easy to use, and easy to add new pages. We can't all have IT experts on our team, so this allows us to still have an awesome-looking website while requiring minimal technical knowledge.
  • It is intuitive. I have little IT knowledge but easily picked it up.
  • It integrates well with other software. This allows us to seamlessly host our Donate page and scheduling system.
  • Honestly I have yet to see a drawback, at least for my organization.
Squarespace is well-suited to an organization that has little technical knowledge and yet wants a powerful tool to present its message on the Internet. It has user-friendly tools for designing pages, but also includes the flexibility to change the design with back-end coding if the user has the knowledge (or research skills) to do so.
May 24, 2021
Squarespace is used for clients who need a website and want to be able to change things on the backend without the help of anyone else. It's an affordable and aesthetically pleasant option. It's an easy to use CMS and has enough capabilities within it.
  • Pleasant themes
  • Usability
  • Customization lacking (CSS)
I would recommend the use of Squarespace for people who want a minimal and attractive website as Squarespace does this sort of theme well. It's easy enough to use and affordable. Good for newbie web designers and/or people who are new to making a website or on a limited budget. Also for those who don't need too much customization and that want to be able to make edits on their own without the use of a developer.
January 28, 2020
Bryan Hume | TrustRadius Reviewer
Squarespace is being used by entire company. Simplicity is key to maintaining business efficiency and productivity—Squarespace offers huge wins here. We not only use the platform for our organization, we implement it for other small to mid-size businesses. As a marketing professional and designer, there is comfort and clarity with an all-inclusive platform for managing our website.
  • Reliability: Never worry about plugins breaking or other technical issues that plague other platforms.
  • Customization: There is a deeper level of customization available in Squarespace than many realize when leveraging Custom CSS and the Squarespace community.
  • Limits: There are design elements that are easier to create with other platforms, but you can usually find workarounds on Squarespace.
  • Price: An all-inclusive platform comes with a higher price tag, but it is well worth the investment.
Squarespace is perfect for a small to midsize business that wants a website that's easy to manage all on their own. An enterprise level company should definitely look toward other platforms to meet their needs, but Squarespace can be a great fit for many other businesses. The decision should be based on the features and functionality you need. Many businesses just need a website that's reliable, simple, and professional.
Read Bryan Hume's full review
April 28, 2020
Michael Leone | TrustRadius Reviewer
Squarespace is used to share media mostly - blog and vlog posts. There is also a page that links to your use as well as a standard contact option. Squarespace allows for easy dissemination of social media posts as well as a convenient way to share thoughts, ideas, and motivation.
  • It's easy to design a bold, colorful and eye-catching website.
  • There are multiple avenues for creation and maintenance - web and app.
  • The user interface is easy to understand and requires very little learning and/or trial and error.
  • The mobile app lacks certain customization and editing options are native in the web app.
  • It would be nice to log-in and automatically be routed to your domain, instead of having to select it.
  • While it's easy to use, certain tasks take multiple clicks - it would be nice if there as a "Favorites" option to quickly access the areas you use most.
Squarespace is well-suited for just about any online endeavor - be it a personal blog or vlog, a small- business store front, or a large scale website for a larger company. It's so simple to use a template to put something together - for a corporate campaign for example - that it's really a no-brainer.
Read Michael Leone's full review
February 21, 2020
Christy Price | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Squarespace as a website portfolio and sales tool. Squarespace allows me to easily update my website and to build professional sites quickly. It is a closed-source platform, so inherently more secure than open-source platforms, and I moved to Squarespace from WordPress several years ago and haven't looked back.
  • Fast website development based on templates.
  • Built-in, onsite SEO.
  • The new, 7.1 version of Squarespace is, at the moment, a step backward from 7.0 and missing some key features.
  • Squarespace Campaigns integration is lacking (cannot join a mailing list from a contact form).
Squarespace is particularly well-suited for entrepreneurs or small businesses who want to be able to update and maintain their websites themselves. It is perfect for service-based businesses like small law firms, therapists, etc, or as a portfolio for interior designers or homebuilders.

Squarespace is not ideal for large e-commerce operations (tax can be problematic depending on region).
Read Christy Price's full review

Role-based user permissions (57)
API (41)
Internationalization / multi-language (31)
WYSIWYG editor (72)
Code quality / cleanliness (66)
Admin section (84)
Page templates (85)
Library of website themes (82)
Mobile optimization / responsive design (80)
Publishing workflow (71)
Form generator (66)
Content taxonomy (63)
SEO support (69)
Bulk management (40)
Availability / breadth of extensions (56)
Community / comment management (57)

What is Squarespace?

Squarespace is a CMS platform that allows users to create a DIY blog, eCommerce store, and/or portfolio (visual art or music). Their templates are designed to be elegant and give users maximum control over the look & feel of the website. Some Squarespace templates are industry or use case-specific, such as menu builders for restaurant sites.

Squarespace allows eCommerce users to customize not only elements like themes and fonts, but also structural elements like online store layout. Templates are optimized for mobile shopping. SEO, product galleries, and order management features are built in. Squarespace integrates with Stripe for credit card payments, and ShipStation for shipping.

Squarespace Video