Squarespace Reviews

Bryan Hume | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 28, 2020

Simple & Powerful Website Platform

Squarespace is being used by entire company. Simplicity is key to maintaining business efficiency and productivity—Squarespace offers huge wins here. We not only use the platform for our organization, we implement it for other small to mid-size businesses. As a marketing professional and designer, there is comfort and clarity with an all-inclusive platform for managing our website.
  • Reliability: Never worry about plugins breaking or other technical issues that plague other platforms.
  • Customization: There is a deeper level of customization available in Squarespace than many realize when leveraging Custom CSS and the Squarespace community.
  • Limits: There are design elements that are easier to create with other platforms, but you can usually find workarounds on Squarespace.
  • Price: An all-inclusive platform comes with a higher price tag, but it is well worth the investment.
Squarespace is perfect for a small to midsize business that wants a website that's easy to manage all on their own. An enterprise level company should definitely look toward other platforms to meet their needs, but Squarespace can be a great fit for many other businesses. The decision should be based on the features and functionality you need. Many businesses just need a website that's reliable, simple, and professional.
Read Bryan Hume's full review
Christy Price | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 21, 2020

Squarespace is the Best Choice for Small Business Websites

I use Squarespace as a website portfolio and sales tool. Squarespace allows me to easily update my website and to build professional sites quickly. It is a closed-source platform, so inherently more secure than open-source platforms, and I moved to Squarespace from WordPress several years ago and haven't looked back.
  • Fast website development based on templates.
  • Built-in, onsite SEO.
  • The new, 7.1 version of Squarespace is, at the moment, a step backward from 7.0 and missing some key features.
  • Squarespace Campaigns integration is lacking (cannot join a mailing list from a contact form).
Squarespace is particularly well-suited for entrepreneurs or small businesses who want to be able to update and maintain their websites themselves. It is perfect for service-based businesses like small law firms, therapists, etc, or as a portfolio for interior designers or homebuilders.

Squarespace is not ideal for large e-commerce operations (tax can be problematic depending on region).
Read Christy Price's full review
Reagan Baird Edwards | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 17, 2020

Helpful Presets Without Sacrificing Vision

I run my website on Squarespace. I am able to tell my story, feature my blog, embed my scheduling system and explain my services all in one place. I can also be contacted, can have people subscribe to receive updates and emails, and can use it as a storefront. Squarespace solves all of my website needs.
  • A CRM feature in the backend would be amazing.
  • The ability for my clients to log into a personal dashboard would be amazing, too.
If you need to build a website — Squarespace can probably help you achieve whatever it is you want or need. Businesses, ministries, churches, stores, filmmakers, entrepreneurs, actors, bloggers, job-seekers, engaged couples... whoever and whatever! Virtually anyone can use this easy and customizable platform to create whatever kind of website they need. Seriously.
Read Reagan Baird Edwards's full review
Robbin Block | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 23, 2019

Designer Look and Feel is Ideal for Creative Businesses

I use Squarespace to build, manage and maintain websites for my small business clients who are involved in a variety of industries. Squarespace's "designer" look and feel, along with well-designed templates overall, makes it ideal for companies where creative representation is especially important. This includes graphic designers, photographers, architects, etc. The look is achieved through wide-format imagery, extensive availability of designer fonts, use of white space, etc.
  • Ease of use with its drag and drop interface.
  • Beautiful templates — more so than other easy to use builder tools like Weebly or Wix.
  • Extensive and well-designed elements, including fonts.
  • Images are presented beautifully.
  • Drag and drop interface is not as intuitive as it was when it first launched. It's a bit more challenging to use than, say, Weebly.
  • Its ecommerce functionality isn't as robust as something like Shopify.
  • Setting up grids or sections isn't as easy to do as other tools.
  • Changing templates to see how content may look isn't seamless.
It's great for creative businesses, but I wouldn't recommend it for full-on ecommerce. Other tools have more features. However, if selling a limited product line, it may be appropriate. It's not ideal for business owners who want to manage their own websites, yet don't have any web skills, because it's not as intuitive as other simple builders.
Read Robbin Block's full review
February 25, 2020

Squarespace - A Beautiful, Affordable Website Platform for Nonprofits

Squarespace is the software that my organization uses for building our website. For small non-profits like ours, Squarespace is an excellent tool. It is intuitive, easy to use, and easy to add new pages. We can't all have IT experts on our team, so this allows us to still have an awesome-looking website while requiring minimal technical knowledge.
  • It is intuitive. I have little IT knowledge but easily picked it up.
  • It integrates well with other software. This allows us to seamlessly host our Donate page and scheduling system.
  • Honestly I have yet to see a drawback, at least for my organization.
Squarespace is well-suited to an organization that has little technical knowledge and yet wants a powerful tool to present its message on the Internet. It has user-friendly tools for designing pages, but also includes the flexibility to change the design with back-end coding if the user has the knowledge (or research skills) to do so.
August 27, 2019

No need to be an experienced web designer!

Squarespace was used to create a local business page for a CrossFit. It was an easy to use solution instead of WordPress or another CMS platform with little to no experience of web design for the business owner. It was up and running - easily edited and template within a day. With such beautiful designs to choose from - it makes it a seamless operation for anyone who already has the content that just needs to be placed within.
  • Template Website that is easy to update
  • Great customer service and forum - to answer any question you have along the way
  • One stop solution for purchasing domain, setting up domain, and going live with your website
  • Not to worry about SEO - you can still have great search results with Squarespace
  • Adding more business cases for different templates
  • More integrations for email, social, lead gen platforms
  • Cheaper price on domains since they could purchased elsewhere and then forwarded to the website.
Small businesses definitely use Squarespace!! Patience is important. If a large company - who has the money to hire out, definitely could use a different CMS. Squarespace was the best solution for the gym!
May 22, 2019

Easy to Use with Some Limitations

Only our specific department is currently using it under my direct management (other departments also use it on their own), but the entire organization's website is not hosted on Squarespace. As the entire organization's website is proprietary and designed/developed for a Korean-speaking audience, Squarespace was our solution in allowing us to communicate with our English-speaking audience without having to go through the arduous process/task of re-coding the existing website.
  • Well-designed starting templates.
  • Flexibility for more advanced users who know how to customize through additional code.
  • Ease of use.
  • We would love to be able to add pop-up modules as a default option, without having to add additional code.
  • The site sometimes gets very laggy and working on the site gets slow/frustrating. We would like the option to perhaps work offline and push all edits live at once.
I would recommend it for the average user (and have already), especially for those looking for a solution that balances price and quality. Squarespace is certainly not the cheapest option, but I personally believe it is one more user-friendly options that allow people to create better-looking sites without any design/programming knowledge. Other alternatives, I have found, aren't as intuitive, or are just more clunky in the way they operate. However, I would probably still not recommend Squarespace for blogging, as post formatting can still get tricky when it comes to blog posts on Squarespace. I do not have personal experience with the e-commerce side of Squarespace, so I can't speak much into that side of Squarespace however.
Andrew Folts | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 15, 2019

Squarespace: the best choice for small businesses and freelancers!

I've been using Squarespace off and on for years, but in the past year, I've shifted my freelance web design business completely over to Squarespace (from WordPress and GatsbyJS). For small businesses, it simply makes more sense, because there's no need for a developer or tech support longterm. This allows me to keep creating new websites and focus on the design aspect, rather than on providing maintenance services to existing clients.
  • Easy to use. Literally, anyone can manage it after 30-60 minutes of training.
  • It offers more design flexibility than it used to (backgrounds, more unique layouts, etc).
  • There's no need for maintenance—plugin updates, security issues, etc.
  • The editing experience is VERY slow. Every time you switch in or out of an editor (page content, styles, etc), Squarespace takes 3-5 seconds to load, which is not a deal-breaker, but definitely annoying.
  • There's still no "real" way to set a background color on a given section. You can fake it by using a background image, which works, but what if you want a light background? Squarespace automatically makes the text white for any section, regardless of how bright the background is.
  • It's frustrating that Squarespace hasn't implemented some sort of variable system for fonts and colors. If you decide to change fonts or colors, you have to go around and update it in 50 million different places, which is a huge pain.
Read Andrew Folts's full review
Emily Muhoberac | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 23, 2018

If Squarespace went to high school, they would have won "best all around" as their senior superlative.

We use Squarespace to support our company website. I also personally use Squarespace to support multiple websites for side projects.

Our marketing team uses the platform most consistently internally. We had formerly built our site on WordPress, which proved to be too difficult to update and maintain. We switched to Squarespace and haven't regretted it for a second. The website builder is intuitive, but also has advanced customization so our design team is happy and our marketing team can manage it.
  • Intuitive User Interface: Literally anyone can create a website on Squarespace, from the experienced designer to the absolute novice.
  • Customization: While Squarespace manages to be extremely user-friendly, it doesn't do so at the sacrifice of customization. You can still add custom coding if you need to, but it doesn't require coding experience to make a well-designed site.
  • Functionality without hundreds of plugins: Many Squarespace competitors offer expanded functionality through plugins, which can be difficult to work with as they are third party functions that vary in quality. Squarespace has done a great job of adding features to their platform, so plugins are less necessary. They offer many integrations to major services (like Typeform and Stripe), but the experience is much better than sifting through hundreds of plugins.
  • I could see an experienced designer being frustrated by the limitations of Squarespace compared to an open platform like WordPress.
  • Sometimes it's difficult to make quick edits in the website builder because you don't know where the functionality resides. For example, you can make some edits to your nav bar by clicking on the nav bar, but you can make others by going through a series of menus. This is easily resolved by watching the tutorials, but can be frustrating for new users.
Squarespace is best suited for:
- Solopreneurs that need a pretty website fast
- Side projects
- Basic E-Commerce websites
- Anyone who needs to create a one page website quickly
- Marketing teams that lack technical skill, but are required to support the company website internally

Squarespace is least suited for:
- Companies with full design or technical teams that won't benefit from the additional structure Squarespace provides
Read Emily Muhoberac's full review
Daniel Shatzkes CEO Entrepreneur, Manufacturer, Musician | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Squarespace as our e-commerce website and platform. It is our portal through which customers can find out about us, our products and what we do and then they are able to purchase our products on our website. It is basically like most traditional e-commerce websites. We do utilize certain other tools that Squarespace offers, like their Analytics tools to gauge the traffic to our site, traffic sources and sales data. We do also use their "Abandoned Cart feature which allows us to contact customers that added product to their shopping cart but did not complete a purchase. At this time we do not use a lot of the marketing tools that Squarespace offers as part of their Advanced Commerce plan.
  • Getting started with Squarespace is incredibly easy. Their templates make getting an early design for your website set up and published quick and simple. There are plenty of advanced features that can be utilized to tweak the design indefinitely but getting up and running smoothly and quickly is key and Squarespace does that beautifully.
  • The Squarespace Analytics tools are incredibly helpful. They are quite detailed yet very easy to understand and parse through. If you've ever tried to understand all of your Google Analytics data, you can feel like you need to get a new degree to comprehend it all. Squarespace Analytics are intuitive and easy to understand allowing you have an easier time making decisions based not eh data you re provided.
  • Squarespace makes integrations with other platforms very easy as well. Email service providers (like MailChimp or Contant Contact), or integrating with outside fulfillment centers for orders of your products is very easy to set up. The back end design and control makes navigating through these things very easy (with the right instructions, of course).
  • My biggest complaint about Squarespace is particularly about the shipping rates controls in the Commerce plans. Squarespace does not allow you to assign different shipping costs to different products. You can set up different costs for different levels of shipping (for example, Ground, Express, Overnight, etc.). But if you have two different products that are different sizes and weights you cannot independently assign each of them a different cost for Ground shipping. All products have to have the same price for Ground, the same price for expedited, etc. It is incredibly frustrating. This one deficiency alone has actually been enough to have prompted me into looking for alternative platforms for my e-commerce site. If you sell multiple products of varying sizes and weights and you intend to charge you customers shipping, then be aware of this beforehand. If you only sell digital products, or products that don't vary much in size or weight, or you intend to offer free shipping on everything then this will not be as big a deal for you.
  • Squarespace offers excellent help services via live chat, but in the years that I've used it I get the sense that recommendations from users are taken seriously. I've made numerous recommendations for enhancements and fixes over the years and I know other people that have as well. However what I continue to see from Squarespace is development of new product offerings that aren't necessarily in line with their core product offering, and not much in the way of making what they already offer much better. There are certain things that should be prioritized by their development team but I don't get the sense that these are taken seriously. Of course this is just my guess as I don't work there but it's important to remember that perception is reality to those who are perceiving.
  • As much as Squarespace makes integrations easy, they still have along way to go with regards to being recognized by many other platforms as integration worthy. Very often I come across services that offer integrations with web design platforms and Squarespace is not one of them. I'm not sure why this is but I wish Squarespace would do a better job of working with these other companies to have integrations with them.
Squarespace is a perfect platform for an informational website, for selling digital products or as a scheduling website. These kinds of things it does incredibly well, what with their myriad templates and design tools. As an e-commerce platform it can be very good but it definitely has some catching up to do with other more well known platforms. They need to focus on some core features a little bit better to make selling easier.
Read Daniel Shatzkes CEO Entrepreneur, Manufacturer, Musician's full review
Dan Talvi | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 14, 2019

Webpage development that's as easy as it looks in the commercials.

Working as the A/V Media Coordinator for a multi-campus religious organization, we needed a user-friendly way to create a church website that provided a way to relay comprehensive information for all of our campuses, while maintaining accessibility for visitors and an easy way for non-tech users to update information on the website as needed.
  • User-friendly Interface: Easy to jump in and create with no coding or design experience required.
  • Free Trial (No Card Required): Designing the perfect website takes time. Squarespace allows a 14-Day Free Trial (with live access to the website) to learn the interface, input information, and tweak designs before committing to any plans.
  • Multiple Tiers: Depending on the business or individual needs, Squarespace provides multiple website and commerce plans with corresponding features based on the user's goals.
  • Pricing: While not too prohibitive, Squarespace hosting may be more than the average user may want to spend on hosting, especially if building their own website from scratch. However, if looking for a quick, good looking website that is easy to manage, Squarespace is the way to go.
  • Almost cookie-cutter Templates: when developing using the Squarespace auto-generated website builder, the templates provided look somewhat generic. If looking for a functional website that looks nice, Squarespace will do the trick. If looking for a quick, but more customized look, this might not be the way to go.
Squarespace is perfect for the users, businesses, or individuals who are looking for a "set it and forget it" approach to their website and/or something that is easy to update as needed. Specifically, if you are looking for a website that looks good and does a great job of getting your core information across, Squarespace is for you. But, if you're looking to build a more in-depth website with greater levels of customization, Squarespace is worth trying but might not suit your needs.
Read Dan Talvi's full review
Elizabeth Pampalone | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 22, 2019

Squarespace = Website In A Day

I meet business owners every day that have the same issue... "My website embarrasses me, don't look at it!!"
So, in order to serve these clients, I developed a formula to build a website in one day. When I found Squarespace, it made my formula a reality! I was always going over by a few hours (my formula was really a "website in a day and a half"). But when I started using Squarespace, It allowed me to truly build a website in a day. (8 hours flat is my current time!)
  • I love using Squarespace for Small Business Websites for local soloprenuers.
  • Squarespace works great for Coaches and Trainers who need a membership site
  • I often use Squarespace for those who have e-commerce stores with less than 100 products.
  • ability to duplicate blocks in builder
  • ability to save blocks in builder
  • file upload manager / Images etc
Squarespace is most useful for brochure websites, e-commerce sites, and membership sites.
Squarespace is least useful if you have strong SEO needs, a Developer, over 100 items you are selling, complex e-commerce items, or no time to run your site.
Read Elizabeth Pampalone's full review
Mary Racter | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 22, 2019

It just works

My organization uses Squarespace to host its employee handbook, with information on the code of conduct, etiquette, and role expectations. Employees can log in to view the document.
  • Attractive visual interface for site building
  • Fully responsive templates that adjust seamlessly to mobile
  • Easy to create a website with little to no technical expertise
  • Does not support OAuth2 for federated access; this would be an extremely useful feature for company internal websites or reducing sign-up friction
  • Personal plan is quite pricy and limited
  • Templates have limited customisability
Squarespace would probably be very suitable for small businesses looking to set up an online store easily and with minimal hassle. For a larger company, it depends on the degree of personalization that would go into the website. If you want your site design to stand out and have a very specific vision for your brand, then Squarespace templates might give you some trouble.
Read Mary Racter's full review
Alicia Kramer | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 18, 2019

Squarespace plays game of Customer Keep-Away!

I have used Squarespace to promote my graphic design business for four years now. My small organization benefits from having a web presence and Squarespace is the platform that we currently use. A web presence allows clients to see our past work to make an educated decision whether to hire us! Setting up our Squarespace site had its issues but we learned to work with the template constraints - we are designers after all so we always want to finesse design elements!
  • Allows for quick site building through their templates. If you work quickly, you can build a site in about a day.
  • I believe their demographic includes people just entering the web so the interface is simple (sometimes too much) and easy to learn.
  • They have customization options if your business expands from a simple site to online purchasing.
  • The designs are very clean and simple which allows for a professional look.
  • If you have a problem, customer service plays a game of keep-away! With only the option to chat or email, the contact person at Squarespace changes every time. So... everytime you have a question or response to a querie, you get a new person who doesn't have the thorough history. Squarespace says they share the information... but the representative would need to actually read the history and I don't believe they do.
  • If you don't auto-renew (which I don't like as I want to acknowledge this purchase every year), your account may go dead in an instant. To get things sorted out, you enter Customer keep-away and it can be days before a resolution is made.... Days!
  • Customer care..again... The turnaround time for a response has been no shorter than 24 hours! A ridiculous amount of time in this day and age. If you ask a question during the email thread, it will cost you another 24 hours.
  • The marketing for their product touts a quick and efficient response time for customer care. This is simply not true for the average, smaller client.
  • If one is not familiar with website developement, it can be daunting to create a site, even if you use their templates. Since there is no live person to answer immediate questions, you must watch (and re-watch) their videos. Some times there is a question they haven't answered with a video and it is hard to resolve this with only chats or email.
Well suited for a novice web person who has a basic static site.

Not well suited for a more complex site because if any issue arises (and they do with complex sites or online sales), Squarespace simply does not expend the time or energy on their customer care to retain clients.
Read Alicia Kramer's full review
Nathan Meehan | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 30, 2018

Squarespace: Making the Novice Look Professional

We use Squarespace for our website and email hosting. We selected it to replace our GoDaddy/Microsoft Exchange-based email and web hosting. We needed a solution that was inexpensive and easy to update. The GoDaddy site was a Wordpress site and, unlike Squarespace, requires a higher level web design experience. We are a small company and needed to be easily able to modify/update our website and also make it look professional. Squarespace does both.
  • Flexible: Squarespace allows me to quickly and easily make changes to our website.
  • Professional: I am not a web design professional. Squarespace helps me makes my site look professional.
  • Inexpensive: Squarespace's price point is great for a small company that needs to maximize our use of every dollar.
  • Integration: Squarespace integrates well with other services (such as LinkedIn) and helps me do my job.
  • Responsive: Squarespace has a lot of tutorials and help available on the web. They were also quick to respond if I had questions or problems.
  • Interface: Sometimes I have problems with their interface not saving or working correctly. For example, the photo editor tool sometimes locks up and crashes causing me to lose work.
  • Picture Integration: Sometimes it is unclear how to manipulate cropping and sizing of pictures so they look right on the website.
Squarespace is well suited for small companies trying to control their own information. They help you learn how to design your own site and make it look professional; great for the novice user. I can imagine as a company grows larger and requires more from their website, that it may become a bit more cumbersome to use.
Read Nathan Meehan's full review
Jacqueline DeCapua | TrustRadius Reviewer

Great Software to Create Beautiful Websites

Squarespace has helped me create a beautiful website to help drive my business. Most of my business has come from people online and interacting with my website. It is a lot more cost effective than hiring someone to build a website for us and it allows me control over all aspects of the website. I can customize and redesign whenever I want!
  • Ability to create your own domain, your own email, and an ad free website all in one place.
  • Many different layouts to choose from that are able to serve various different needs and services.
  • The analytics are awesome and really help me understand what people are interacting with on my website.
  • They offer a google AdWords credit for signing up.
  • Some layouts are difficult to customize.
  • The design process is a little clunky at times and takes some getting used to.
  • It's a little more expensive than some other web builders.
Squarespace is great for small businesses and is much more affordable than hiring a designer to build your website. The layouts and design options allow for a very nice looking, professional website. However, I would not recommend Squarespace if you're a larger company or if you can afford to hire a web designer.
Read Jacqueline DeCapua's full review
Edmond Lorts | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 23, 2018

Simple and beautiful solution for artist.

I've been using Squarespace for years for my photography business. Setting up my site was incredibly easy. The design layouts provided are beautiful and complement my work. They keep the selection of templates fresh and modern. It's always easy to jump in and configure my site and update the images and products offered. I've only had to use their customer support once in the years I've used Squarespace. The one time I chatted with customer support, they were super helpful and gave a thorough explanation with screenshots. I expect to be using Squarespace for many more years and growing my business through their many plans.
  • Templates are sleek, modern, and beautiful.
  • Customer support is U.S. based and super friendly.
  • There are multiple plans so your site can grow with your business.
  • An even more basic plan would be welcomed for people looking for just a simple gallery to host w/o the bells and whistles.
  • I'd like to see Squarespace suggest the optimal layout/design based on my content.
Squarespace is great for any website type but it really shines for an artist to display their work. The layout is hip and modern, which works fantastic for those looking to target customers that are high-end and internet savvy. It might not be necessary for someone looking for a more bare-bones service.
Read Edmond Lorts's full review
John Selkow | TrustRadius Reviewer

Squarespace is a hit

We use it as our primary website as well as a separate landing page. It is easy for us to incorporate both sites into one profile accounts. Is incredibly easy to use and the designs are great. Since we aren’t the typical type of business that would use Squarespace, our websites are more appealing in our industry.
  • The artistic and modern design’s or a great alternative for a btob company
  • Sometimes the design options are scarce when we are looking to re-designed the website
  • While building the website, the platform can run slower than usual
  • There can be improvement on the frequently asked questions/help section. Some of the resolutions are generic and sometimes we need to look elsewhere for a workaround
Using Squarespace for B2C businesses is a no-brainer. [For] A company such as mine that sells directly to businesses, it can be challenging to design based upon our customer needs and wants
Read John Selkow's full review
Sean Pomory | TrustRadius Reviewer

The Best E-commerce CMS/SAAS for Small Businesses

We use Squarespace to build a modern, beautiful, responsive websites. I also use Squarespace to implement websites for smaller businesses that need full-scale commerce as well. It has a ton of capabilities and integrates with some of the biggest players in the game, including Apply Pay, MailChimp and PayPal. WordPress may give you more features, but it will cost more time to build. The templates are beautiful.

Best of all, the pricing includes website hosting and SSL.
  • E-commerce
  • Transparent pricing
  • Great support
  • Decent analytics
  • Limited template options
  • Difficult to edit the UI of a site beyond provided templates
  • Can be more difficult to use than Wix or Weebly
This recommendation depends entirely on use case. If you are looking for an enterprise level e-commerce site, look to something like Drupal 8 to solve your needs. If you desire complete control over your code at the SMB level, use WordPress. If want to spin up a site efficiently, at low cost, and know exactly what you're paying for, use Squarespace. It is by far the best e-commerce platform form small businesses.
Read Sean Pomory's full review
Dave Becker | TrustRadius Reviewer

Easy Website Creation For Anyone

In our organization, we use Squarespace to create an internal website for our employees. The website has pages and content that our teams can easily access while out in the field, and links to resources that they can access whenever they want. It's become our knowledge center for all things related to the company. We also host an internal company blog on the site.
  • The website was easy to create, using Squarespace's user-friendly tools.
  • Making edits and updates are also very easy, and requires very little training to teach someone new to do so.
  • We were able to password protect our site, so the resources contained within are only available to those in the company.
  • We are using a search tool to make it easier to find what you are looking for.
  • The search tool is helpful, but lacks an ability to sort your results. Maybe it's just the tool we're using, but it's a feature I would like to have.
  • When adding custom images to your site, the image size requirements could be easier to understand.
  • The mobile app to help write blog posts on the site lacks some of the functionality of the desktop version.
We use Squarespace in an internal fashion (employee facing) whereas I think most users would use it to host a customer or visitor facing site. Either way, the web pages are very easy to create and update, no matter the desired outcome. If you don't have any knowledge about coding your own site, Squarespace is a great alternative to get you online.
Read Dave Becker's full review
Faith Barker | TrustRadius Reviewer

Love Squarespace!

I use Squarespace to host and build my personal website for graphic design work. The software is great because I know basic coding, but I am not in the field of creating websites from scratch. Squarespace has allowed me to build a custom website based on my preferences with great UX/UI. I have NEVER had an issue with website failure or malfunction. A full-blown website update and relaunch took just two days for me to complete, where others would take months or more. I don't need to hire a web developer. I can use my own photographs or stock imagery Squarespace provides users with. They also offer you website templates and sample sites so you can see how others have used the templates with their own spins to create unique, customized webpages.
  • UX/UI design and functionality
  • Excellent web support and service
  • Customized webpages made easy
  • Low cost
  • SEO suggestions
  • Email newsletter with web tips and software updates
  • Referral incentive
Appropriate for
  • those looking to build websites quickly.
  • those who do not have background experience in web design or coding.
  • freelancers, consultants, and teacher websites.
  • portfolio creation.
  • beginner bloggers.
Not appropriate for
  • those claiming to be web coders or developers
  • those who want complete control of their website design and development
  • those in need of SEO guidance and suggestions
Read Faith Barker's full review
Sara Meyer | TrustRadius Reviewer

Great Value

I am using Squarespace for a beauty blog. I am showcasing different treatments and procedures related to the aesthetics industry.
  • Aesthetically pleasing templates that have a modern feel and clean feel.
  • Organizing the templates to be able to find what you are looking for that would work for your project.
  • I had to call customer service a few times and it was positive.
  • I think it would be nice if they had a recommended amount of words for each box in the template. When I imported some of text it did not have the same look as the template because I had too little or too much. I had to gauge by making changes and keep going back to review.
I think it is a good cost value when working on a budget but still want a clean and modern look.

Read Sara Meyer's full review
Sarah Daggett | TrustRadius Reviewer

Helped this Novice Get Going

I am using Squarespace to host my website. It provided an easy, affordable, out of the box webpage that could help serve my business.
  • It was so easy to get set up. In one place, I was able to reserve my domain, choose a template, and get to work on a webpage. All on my own.
  • Squarespace partners with Unsplash, a free photography website, that allows me to use professional-level photography with no royalties.
  • Using the customization tools to build my webpage was hard. There were some areas that made total sense and others that made no sense at all. My husband has some experience with this stuff, so I brought him in to have him look over the UI with me. Together, we figured it out, but I felt like some features were unnecessarily hard to use.
If you're just starting a new company and can't afford to pay a web designer, Squarespace is an AMAZING way to "hang your shingle", as they say. For less than $100, I was able to reserve a domain and get a webpage on its feet. That's really incredible!
Do know, though, that their templates are highly stylized and aren't as flexible as maybe you'd like or need (it wasn't for me). I had to compromise on the look I wanted because their templates didn't quite accommodate what I had envisioned.
Read Sarah Daggett's full review
Marissa Artman | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 17, 2018

Does the Job for a Small Company, Could be More Robust

I use Squarespace as my current website host for my online teletherapy business. It doesn't actually host the teletherapy platform for HIPAA reasons, but it holds the information about my company for school districts, private clients, and potential employees, as well as any other information about my business. It is used across the entire organization and addresses the issues of identifying our market, what we do, putting a face to our name, and making a web presence. We could also easily host a blog or an online shop.
  • General website
  • Image hosting
  • Blog hosting
  • Blog hosting is not as robust as WordPress
  • Online shop is emerging
  • HIPAA compliance for online therapy could be really robust if allowed to grow
Squarespace is great for beginners in designing and hosting a website, specifically those who need a visual schematic to help them build a site. It is less robust for blogging, online store fronts, and secure hosting.
Read Marissa Artman's full review
Josephine Stafford | TrustRadius Reviewer

I love Squarespace!

I use Squarespace to manage an online storefront for my wedding planning company. Since I am the owner and only employee I don’t quite need to have other users, but I am aware of the opportunity to expand if I do decide to add team members. Having a website with such great SEO helps me rank better on google and brings me potential new clients.
  • Image alt text optimized for SEO
  • Integrations and opportunities for custom CSS, like my contact form
  • Pushing posts to social media
  • Keeping pages organize but easily found
  • Great templates
  • Easy to add or change pages
  • Cover pages! I’d like to be able to add custom CSS
  • Reminders to publish new content
  • Higher capacity for audio
Perfect for small business owners and perfect for anyone who can’t stand Wordpress’ clunky layout. Mac users will adore Squarespace and its so simple to use and figure out
Read Josephine Stafford's full review

Role-based user permissions (41)
API (27)
Internationalization / multi-language (20)
WYSIWYG editor (53)
Code quality / cleanliness (48)
Admin section (63)
Page templates (64)
Library of website themes (62)
Mobile optimization / responsive design (60)
Publishing workflow (54)
Form generator (48)
Content taxonomy (47)
SEO support (52)
Bulk management (25)
6.0
Availability / breadth of extensions (38)
6.6
Community / comment management (41)

About Squarespace

Squarespace is a CMS platform that allows users to create a DIY blog, eCommerce store, and/or portfolio (visual art or music). Their templates are designed to be elegant and give users maximum control over the look & feel of the website. Some Squarespace templates are industry or use case-specific, such as menu builders for restaurant sites.

Squarespace allows eCommerce users to customize not only elements like themes and fonts, but also structural elements like online store layout. Templates are optimized for mobile shopping. SEO, product galleries, and order management features are built in. Squarespace integrates with Stripe for credit card payments, and ShipStation for shipping.

Squarespace Technical Details