Overall Satisfaction with Google Content Experiments
My organization was interested in examining how we could redesign webpages to reduce bounce rate. We thought rewriting product descriptions was as far as we would need to go, however we learned differently. Google CE taught us that we needed to mix good design with good content and streamline product searching on our site.
- Google CE really gives in-depth insight into why some pages perform better than others. You can see where the readers eyes travel most often.
- Talk about putting yourself in the audience's shoes! Thats exactly what A/B testing does
- There is also multivariate testing for advanced changes.
- There was a somewhat high learning curve which I would like to see flattened.
- Google needs a more robust help section integrated in CE to help users navigate better.
- There should be more mock testing windows during evaluation stages.
- CE has made efficient time use easy and fool-proof when it comes to learning the software
- Because it integrates with other Google programs there is a benefit to track with Google Analytics
- The learning curve can create initiate time investment that may go beyond what companies are willing to dedicate.
The next time I have to valuate webpage performance and make changes based on SEO objectives I will use Goggle CE. The software simply leads the pack with A/B and multivariate testing tools and helps the strategic decision making process along nicely. I will look away from other software when renewal time comes.
It is most appropriate for webpage redesign and email marketing. There are many forums that help clarify concepts that Google takes for granted having an advanced knowledge of. People who just want to reduce bounce rate may want to go somewhere else, but to truly build a robust website with strong pages CE is the trick!