Overall Satisfaction with Grammarly
I personally use Grammarly for my own work as well as team projects. I know other people at the university who use Grammarly, but they all use it as an individual. I use Grammarly to double-check my spelling and punctuation. When I am typing quickly or overwhelmed with work, I often make minor errors. Grammarly helps me to find those errors without spending too much time.
- Finding common grammatical errors that the built-in spell-check function does not catch.
- Finding misspelled words that the spell-check function does not catch.
- I can use Grammarly in my word processer and my web-browser. My writing is checked everywhere that I write.
- Grammarly is not field-specific. There are often false alerts for clarity in writing. My field uses specific language for a purpose, so it's a little annoying to have to weed through all of the false alerts.
- Grammarly does not recognize mathematics symbols so that creates false alerts that add extra time to my proofreading.
- Grammarly does not catch all errors. It has gotten better over the years.
- I am able to proofread my work in a timely manner so my projects are completed on time.
I have only used the built-in spell-check function on my word processing software so I cannot provide any other comparison. Initially, I did look up some other products, but Grammarly had the best reviews. I decided that at my level of writing, I did not have time to experiment with products that would not be any better than my built-in spell-checker.
I have not really used customer support. I used the FAQ page to see how to re-install Grammarly because it wasn't functioning properly in longer documents. It seems to be working better now, but it still does not always underline all of the issues in the actual text. Thus, it is sometimes difficult to know where the errors are located.
Do you think Grammarly delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Grammarly's feature set?
Did Grammarly live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Grammarly go as expected?
Would you buy Grammarly again?
Grammarly is fantastic for general writing hints and grammar checks. It is best used as a supplement to a built-in spell-check function. I do not recommend Grammarly for writing that is very field-specific and could have a lot of symbols or jargon. I also don't agree with all of the writing suggestions so you do need to have a pretty sophisticated writing level to optimize your use of Grammarly.