Overall Satisfaction with Grammarly
At this time it is individual members who have chosen to use Grammarly on their own but management is looking into getting the business version to be the standard for our customer service departments. Having correct grammar and spelling is very important in communications with customers to keep a professional appearance.
- Autocorrects some obviously misspelled words.
- Highlights words it has not auto corrected and offers the correct spelling.
- Catches capitalization and punctuation errors.
- Offers optional rephrasing to correct grammar or to make the sentence less confusing or less redundant.
- Since it catches all spelling mistakes (as well as capitalization and punctuation) I do not know why it only auto corrects some errors.
- Myself and the others I know who use it have much better grammar and almost no spelling mistakes.
- Creates a higher level of professionalism when communicating with others.
I do not know what program was used for spell check before I installed Grammarly, but the old program was nowhere near as thorough as Grammarly. Grammarly catches more errors, offers the correct word that is misspelled more often, is easier and faster to use. Offers grammar changes the spellcheck program didn't, catches punctuation errors offering the correct punctuation that the old program did not. This is better than any program I have used to assist with writing ever.
Do you think Grammarly delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Grammarly's feature set?
Did Grammarly live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Grammarly go as expected?
Would you buy Grammarly again?
Grammarly is well suited anytime you are digitally writing. I use it for when I am communicating with customers at work over chat and email. I use it for email communications with everyone I email at work or from home. I use it when typing a novel I am working on. Anywhere you could use help with spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and grammar while typing.