Reviews (1-25 of 235)
- Allows employees to see current balances for vacation time, and allows them to administer vacation requests directly within Dayforce HCM without the need of paper forms and processes.
- Reporting on trends, allowing HR to gather data for use in forecasting trends in attendance, recruitment, salaries, etc., all the data is housed in one program and easily accessible.
- The use of pay grids and categories for jobs allows ease of access to information for budgeting and for working with industry surveys.
- Support on time sensitive issues such as resolving a payroll question can sometimes be slower than preferred.
- While it accommodates salaried employees, there could be some improvements on the functionality of the timesheets and time recording for those groups who do not technically punch a time card.
- Ceridian Dayforce does well at allowing us to clock in.
- Ceridian Dayforce Is great for keeping up with your schedule and requesting time off.
- Ceridian Dayforce is also great for tracking what employees are working in which department.
- once you have finished typing in your employee number it automatically enters without confirmation so it's easy to clock someone else in or out if you press a wrong number.
- On occasion, punches don't seem to register but this is rare but ongoing.
- Ceridian Dayforce will freeze up occasionally but closing it and reopening it works to fix that.
- Form data: it allows you to use system or custom made forms. Helps allow managers at store level submit paperless request.
- Workflows: tied to a form, each workflow is custom with routing and notifications or conditions to ensure that what is submitted routes properly.
- Onboarding: allows for quick visibility to where progress is and who has completed.
- Forms to be mobile friendly
- Guided processes that can be edited after being published.
- Performance management to allow edits within qualifiers after posted.
- Single platform for HR and Payroll. When one thing changes, it cascades through the whole system, keeping us on track and reducing the likelihood of data entry errors.
- Time Calculation flexibility. If there is something that can't be configured within the pay configuration, I've yet to discover it. Need your employees to get OT for hours after a certain time? Done. Need shift rates applied? Done. Need meal penalties assessed for shifts above a certain length (for you CA employers)? Done. I could go on and on- but the point is that the system can work for you, no matter your needs.
- Real-time payroll calculations. Need to check if a garnishment is going to be correctly applied to an employee's pay? Need to see what impact a commission payment will have on employee taxes? Need to check to see what your to-date payroll liability for the pay period is? Any of these and many more are at your fingertips in just a few minutes with the ability to recalculate the pay file at any time during the pay cycle. You no longer have to wonder what your payroll will look like when processing day comes along- you can see it all along.
- Configurability. Dayforce is still getting up to speed on how to manage the configuration abilities of the product. You can do pretty much anything, but this provides an issue when trying to get support from them - no one is an expert on your system since literally, no two clients have the same configuration.
- Reporting. While constantly improving, the reporting feature is complicated to use for someone who needs specific information. You practically have to be a programmer (and some options require SQL knowledge to implement) in order to get the report you want. Also, the auto-formatting makes it tricky to manipulate the data after the report is run, if you are trying to use Excel or CSV to extract data points for complex analytics. Fortunately, you can turn this off - you just have to remember to update the settings before processing the request for the report.
- Workflows. We've run into issues with certain things, like time off requests, being stuck in limbo when management changes. If the request was originally submitted to one manager, and then that manager makes a move or leaves the company, the new manager cannot view the request, so the SysAdmin has to intervene.
Dayforce is less great if you use only one aspect of the program. As a whole, when you buy the whole enchilada and do all your HCM through Dayforce, the integration makes the minor annoyances worth it. If you are only looking to replace HR data, only time tracking, or only payroll processing, this is probably not the system for you. I'd go all or nothing.
The tax engine is also very robust. It automatically calculates state/local taxes based on the address of the worksite and the employee's primary residence, with very little interaction from us.
- Paperless records and workforce management means no one can use the excuse "I submitted that weeks ago," because we can track all forms submitted in the system.
- Allowing different levels of access to each module instead of the same approval process for everything means faster processing of HR actions.
- Automating all functions and using reporting functions allows for quicker and more thorough follow up when needed.
- Support-staff is often not fully trained in various modules. It can also take a long time to get resolutions to what seems like a fairly simple issue.
These different modules have addressed an interfacing issue with our prior provider. We process payroll much more efficiently and faster. The Recruiting tool has helped address compliance with application tracking.
- Continuous Payroll Processing - You have the option to run multiple pay cycles at one time. This assists with making last minute changes and recalculating to make sure the outcomes are correct
- New Hires have the ability to use the Pre-Start feature to handle all paperwork and elect benefits before Day one at the job
- Creating and modifying benefit plans is very easy.
- We have not really had major issues with functionality.
- Ceridian Support Team has limited resources which could cause delay with any issues where you may need assistance.
- The integrated system between the time, payroll and HR functions makes so much more sense than having separate systems.
- The ability to view future payrolls and make future entries rather than waiting until immediately before processing is awesome.
- Ceridian is always looking at ways to improve and very open to customer suggestions.
- The tax setup in HR is cumbersome and not user-friendly. Would love to be able to view only current active taxes in an employee's record with the option to view inactive.
- The Payroll feature (HTML version) runs very slow compared to the My Pay feature.
- Ceridian recently changed from a 3rd party vendor managing garnishment compliance to an in-house team and product. Although the reasoning was good the change over made a lot of problems in compliance. The calculations changed without the clients knowledge and the errors were discovered after a few months had passed. There should have been better communication concerning the change.
Everything can be seen in real time and depending on the level of access employees can see their punches and what has been updated by the manager. This gives them the opportunity to review their hours and pay prior to the payroll processing. There are reports that admins can use to balance timesheet to payroll and with the real time updates can calculate a payroll as often as needed to confirm accurate payments.
We also went through a complete RFP process last year, and we will be moving the rest of our payroll/HR/benefits to the Dayforce platform in 2019. By far, it had the most functionality and best configurability for a reasonable price.
- The Time Off Request system is fantastic! It has done away with all the old paper submission forms and employee calendars. It also streamlines the process. It is submitted, reviewed, approved all in the system and then automatically updates the employees' timesheets and attendance calendars.
- The Attendance Module has reduced the amount of additional manual record keeping such as spreadsheets, and also given the supervisors a tool to see the accumulation of points in real-time, versus waiting for a weekly or monthly report to be completed and distributed.
- We have six different payrolls, each with varying pay period end dates and pay frequencies. Dayforce is able to handle the variety without any issues.
- I attended the new Dayforce FIT session for WFM at this year's Insights conference. It has greatly increased my ability to make configuration changes to my product without having to open as many support tickets as in the past, which also translates into big savings.
- I attended a different Dayforce FIT session at Insights 2019 for Payroll. It was a great in-depth overview of how the payroll module works, and greatly enhanced our readiness for implementation of the payroll module later this year.
- I would love it if Dayforce included an FMLA module. So much of the information needed for accurate tracking already exists right in the system. We are left with the decision to either continue our in-house manual process or to find a stand-alone software to assist us with the cumbersome administration.
- The TAFW module does not yet provide the ability to limit security access of non-exempt employees to be able to run reports for their own information.
- We are a union work environment, and as such have employees with multiple rates of pay for different jobs. Currently, premium pay such as "Team Lead" can only be calculated by the system when they work their primary job assignment. It does not automatically get picked up and included on the timesheet when the employee works an alternate job.
Ceridian Dayforce has provided us the reporting tools necessary to audit
and clean-up our database. In conjunction with
Having the ability to further
configure our pay policies in Dayforce, manual payroll entries have
been reduced by 67% and off-cycle paychecks to correct payroll errors has been reduced by 50%. Additionally, it provided us the ability to
fully automate payment of our separate vacation and
alternate job rates, reducing the
administration time by 100%. In return, this has greatly reduced the overall rate of grievances filed by union employees.
- FLSA calculation
- Employee self-service
- Depending on where you are trying to navigate/task you are trying to accomplish you may need to use two different internet browsers. In most cases, you can use google chrome, but in some, you must use internet explorer.
- WFM module has the potential to significantly decrease overtime if used properly by managers.
- Ability to see labor in real time.
- Accessibility to associate information across the organization has been greatly enhanced and allows for greater security.
- Customer Support is lacking. Unless the issue is stopping payroll, your case may not get responded to for days or weeks. Also, customer support appears to be focused on a work around instead of finding the root of the problem. Very disappointing.
- Amount of time required of internal resources for implementation is exponentially more than the timeline provided by Dayforce. Implementation is a full time job for 2 people in the organization, one for payroll/benefits and the other for everything else. Sales team promises things that are not possible or require additional charges.
- Some implementation consultants are happy with "good enough". We want full functionality and felt like we needed to accept less than promised. We continued to push and received the end result we paid for but felt we should not need to push to get full functionality.
- Excellent Support Team
- User-Friendly Platforms
- Fabulous Implementation Teams
- Some features still rely on Silverlight
- Reporting could be expanded
- Need all features/fields to be able to be customized for company needs
- Innovative - always seeking to improve and get user feedback
- Support - provides support as needed for any issues or questions
- Communication - It can be lacking, especially from the implementation team.
- Role based functionality - puts some limits on what can be done.
- The reporting tool is great. I am able to run and create reports and pull data in all areas of the system.
- Setting up benefit plans is very user-friendly. Also when creating the benefits forms it is very easy and user-friendly.
- The customer support needs more improvement. When I put tickets in it takes a long time to get someone assigned.
The biggest issue that it addresses is the reporting capabilities that we lacked in previous systems. I am able to report accurately and promptly for upper management.
- The ability to customize reports based on your needs.
- Payroll auditing and reconciliation.
- Housing information in as a true source in one spot
- The "forgot password" function. It says it will send an email but it's only if you have set up emails. It would be nice to have that setup initially.
Dayforce addresses business issues our company experienced in that: 1) pay calculations are performed very quickly when updates are made to employee data. 2) from a payroll perspective, appropriate local taxes are applied to the employee timely and accurately based on location and/or residence. 3) easy access for generating reports from past and present 4) provides the capability to easily make future dated entries via "Quick Entry" for future payrolls if necessary. 5) provides an immediate explanation of warnings and errors. 6) provided functionality for our company to reflect 2 different pay period dates for our Salaried Non-Exempt and Salaried Exempt groups.
- Performs quick and accurate pay calculations for employees pay based on real time.
- Provides an easy method of reactivating terminated employees as necessary when they need to be included for pay after termination.
- Allows you to easily generate "Pre" and "Post: payroll audit reports.
- Provides an easy view of payroll warnings and errors as you go.
- Even though having pay groups separated into like groups is a plus; it also becomes very cumbersome when all employees are included on a spreadsheet you may receive and now the employees have to be separated into like groups before you can successfully utilize the import feature.
- Would like to be able to enter dollars OR hours if necessary on a "Regular" pay code without having the system convert the flat amount into a rate and hours.
Dayforce provides functionality for the user to utilize various "Check Templates" necessary when needing to process various types of pay.
- The benefits administration within Dayforce has significantly reduced the transactional keying within our organization. The transactional time savings alone allowed us to reallocate .5 FTE to developing and deploying benefit educational material and training sessions for our employees. This time savings accounts for the manual entry of Health Savings Account changes, Life Events, and 401k election changes.
- The calculating of gross to net pay within the application and not utilizing a mainframe is a transformational change, eliminating the wait time that existed with a mainframe. Calculating payroll for a group of 1,200 employees went from 25-40 minutes on a mainframe down to 2-3 minutes in Dayforce.
- The attendance calendar that contains a snapshot of an employees time away from work for an entire year and the ability to drill down to see the hours is a great benefit to managers to see trends in time away throughout the year.
- The flexibility of the entitlement (PTO, Vacation, Sick, Volunteer Time Off, etc).
- Would like to see a customizable home page, so when an employee logs in, a company message could be displayed along with quick links or documents that are frequently used.
- Access for an employee to report on their own personal information such as the time they have taken over a period of time or the ability to reporting on their compensation or job changes over the course of their employment.
- Would like to see the ability for employees to submit personal changes through forms available in the mobile app.
- Ease of finding information.
- Keeping a database of past applicants in the talent community.
- Frequent updates to add new features.
- Some changes in updates are hard to adjust to.
- Configuring reports can be tricky.
- Implementing new modules can take longer than necessary.
- The ability for employees to log in and see their personal information on their own phones has been very well received.
- To see the employee and company costs of benefits is beneficial for the company and well as employees.
- The Scheduling has provided ways for savings in labor costs.
- Their support takes a long time to respond.
- Support isn't always able to answer questions.
- Takes a long time to load using Internet Explorer.
- Allows employees to use self service features such as updating their direct deposit and W4.
- The mobile apps allow the manager to authorize time on the go.
- The platform is easy to navigate.
- File feeds
- Support after implementation
At a prior employer, I also used Dayforce for document management, recruiting, and performance management and we made it fit our business needs.
- Being a single point for employees to access.
- Weekly hotfixes and semi-annual upgrades.
- Leader in the industry for WFM.
- Often hotfixes and upgrades cause issues.
- Extremely customizable, need to have the headcount to keep the system under control.
- Still growing and implementing international features.
As with any system, the implementation is crucial. If processes are not scoped properly during implementation, it will come back later as an issue within the system. At my prior company, the benefits manager who completed the implementation missed key processes, so we were always having benefit issues. At my current company, benefits are one of the smoothest running processes.
Just be extremely careful during implementation, and if you are thorough things will work great!
- Customer Service has been positive thus far. Any questions we've had they've been able to answer right away.
- Listening to its customers, always asking questions and watching feed boards on what they can do to provide better user experience.
- Innovation is always changing. They utilize ideas from their clients in different ways to streamline functions.
- Workflows are a large project.
- Strategy before marketing a new product, On Demand Pay. While discussing this at the INSIGHTS 2018, there were a lot of unanswered questions. At this stage we are uncertain if they are answered or rectified yet.
- Dayforce is quite an intuitive system. We find that it cuts down on paperwork due to the Self Service features. It helped enormously during Open Enrollment.
- Ceridian keeps their systems up to date. They are always sending me emails for hot-fixes to address problems that were brought up by the user community.
- I am especially please on the compliance side. They keep the system up to date.
- Reporting is lacking somewhat. The canned reports aren't as helpful as they should be. You are constantly making additions and changes to their reports to fit your needs.
It works well for our organization so far. We haven't been with it too long but we have been with Ceridian for a long time as a customer.
1. Self Service is a great tool.
2. Payroll is easy to enter and get results quickly.
3. I personally don't like the Benefits module. It requires a lot of learning.
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Ceridian Dayforce HCM
Dayforce is a global human capital management (HCM) platform that aims to transform the employee experience. It unifies data from across the entire employee lifecycle with the goal of enabling better decision-making at every level. Dayforce is a comprehensive cloud platform that combines HR, payroll, benefits, workforce management, and talent management in a single application. The vendor promises a scalable platform that is built with a single, flexible rules engine combined with real-time updates and calculations that help address complex regulatory requirements.
- Continuous pay calculation: This means that pay is calculated continuously throughout the pay period, giving administrators the time they need to produce high-quality pay.
- One application: With data stored in a single, central location, get data-driven insights across all HR functions so users can make better decisions for the entire employee lifecycle.
- Actionable insights: Dayforce provides critical data-driven insights to help users make fast, informed decision.
- Anytime, anywhere access: Access Dayforce using the device of choice on web or mobile.
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Screenshots
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Videos (5)
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Downloadables
- Nucleus Research WFM Technology Value Matrix
- Forrester Study: Potential ROI large enterprises may realize with Dayforce
- Dayforce HCM Product Sheet
- PACE Industries molds the future of its workforce
- Denver Broncos find a winning partnership
- Oliver & Bonacini’s appetite for success
- Ashley Stewart’s retail reinvention
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Integrations
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Competitors
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Mobile Web|
|Supported Languages:||English (US), English (GB), French, French Canadian, Spanish (Latin America), Spanish (Spain), Italian, German, Polish, Simplified Chinese, Dutch, Hindi, Portuguese (Brazil), Croatian, Czech, Romanian, Bulgarian, Slovak, Japanese, Korean, Hungarian, Thai|