- A very intuitive system that can be done with minimal training or timesheet understanding.
- Customization so language and pay codes can be crafted to meet organization policy.
- Allows for notification outside of the system to better stay on top of requests.
- There are pop-up features when looking back or triggering any retroactive features that "increases clicks" and causes frustration
- Some security features also make work redundant to change/update a timecard
- More consolidated options for recruitment - these features are fairly elementary
Review: "Ceridian Dayforce has made our company more efficient and cost-effective... it can do the same for yours!"
- All-in-one comprehensive system
- Customer support
- Staying on top of the most innovative technology and customer needs
- Educating their customers on their system
- They are switching from Silverlight to HTML and it is causing some slowness that I hope improves when all modules are on HTML.
- Keeping a digital file for our employees is certainly an advantage that will eventually help our organization reduce the paper files to a minimum and facilitate access to the employee's information from anywhere at anytime.
- The biggest problem I have been facing as a user in my organization is that the application has problems saving changes that are input on the online interface. It is surprisingly frequent the times that I need to save a change in an employee's time sheet and it freezes and doesn't save a thing. For example, approving a late out could take two or three tries or even a log out - log in to get it done.
- Implementation service. I report all my concerns to our HR manager and she deals with the support team from Ceridian. From my perspective as a user within my organization, I can tell that weeks pass by without a solution for any of my concerns. Holiday pay was calculated wrong by the system on November, the grace period is not working properly since day one, discrepancies between what I see on my screen and what HR sees on her screen of the same employee at the exact same time, etc. Service tickets have been submitted numerous times and I don't have a solution yet.
We were told that the rules for our province in Canada were already input and that they were working fine. This was wrong.
Update May 2018.
Dayforce doesn't include an option for "banked-hours", even though it is very common and it's included in most Canadian provinces' labour rules.
We were asked to pay a very expensive fee to have it. So it doesn't help us with automation or compliance of overtime agreements.
- The product is very user-friendly.
- It is a one time capture for payroll and HR information.
- You can view earnings at any time in a real time and see what earnings are.
- I feel the updates could be researched a bit more before implementing because on occasion they interfere with customization of the product that some users had put in place.
It is good for processing payroll and keeping up with current legislative changes that affect payroll and is area - state or province specific.
It can be accessed remotely from anywhere.
Dayforce HCM was implemented as of 1/1/2016. We have implemented electronic timekeeping, employee self-service, electronic pay statements, total compensation statements to our employees in the US. We are currently making plans to implement the recruiting, documentation and performance management modules.
To date, the implementation of Dayforce has improved the accuracy and has saved time on our payroll processing. In addition the attendance calendar is a great tool to use for any patterns in time away. The use of the Dayforce system provides our supervisors and managers with the tools necessary for them to retrieve data on their direct reports when they need it. No calling to HR to have information retrieved. The data is at their fingertips when they need it.
We are looking forward to the implementation of the other modules to provide enhance the tools for both managers/supervisors and employees.
- I think the Dayforce HCM product is easy and straight forward for my employees to be self sufficient in areas of their responsibility. My employees like to utilize the phone app.
- Dayforce provides wonderful web training so the users can become familiar with the modules.
- We are looking forward to utilizing the ACA Compliance for our 1094/1095 reporting.
- We recently implemented the Performance Management module. Both our employees and managers like the easy of the product and the ability to converse.
- A webinar training is wonderful, however, when your implementation team customizes the product it would be nice to have training on what and how things were programmed to meet our needs.
- We would like to see the OSHA Recordable/ Workers Compensation in My HR become more robust.
- Would like to see faster response to open ticket items.
- Scheduling - supports our budget, allows employees to pick up shifts when they become available, allows employees to trade shifts. All big wins for our organization.
- Managing measurement periods for ACA recording. Manages the legislative process with ease.
- Employee benefits are managed through the feeds with our vendors. Dayforce offers a very impressive employee benefits module.
- Dayforce is missing a home page that offers company documents.
- As an non-profit organization, we pre-deducted our employee benefits. We had to change our process to accommodate the limitation of this functionality.
- It is a cloud-based application. Being able to use the cloud prevents bogging down our own servers when all employees are accessing the system.
- Dayforce simplifies payroll by calculating daily as we go.
- Dayforce provides multiple modules that meet several business needs, including payroll, Recruiting, Benefits, and Learning and development.
- They still utilize Silverlight. This causes some browser compatibility issues.
- Hotfixes seem to occur frequently. These should not occur so often.
- System upgrades happen too often. This should be limited to maybe twice a year.
- Dayforce has a great customer support system.
- Dayforce has the IT expertise to keep up with the evolving changes.
- They listen to their customers needs and wants and are continually updating the program.
- Dayforce could be more user friendly when configuring a specialized report.
- It is taking a long time to convert from Silverlight (a Microsoft product no longer supported) to HTLM.
- Customer service communication, they respond quickly to all tickets put in the system
- It is easy to navigate the system for our employees
- Clean and easily understood earning statements
- Reporting is difficult to use and the stock reports are not always the most useful
- Implementation was difficult and they left too many open items when they transitioned us to support
- Not all features work the way they should, like that employees cannot reset their own passwords.
- The payroll function is very intuitive. It’s easy to get through and the canned audit reports are very useful.
- Timesheets and auditing are simple as well. It’s not rocket science when training new employees and managers.
- The reporting features need a lot of work. If you need a specific report and want to customize, you will get errors and it is not fixable. You’ll literally have to pay for every report you need that is not a canned report.
- Dayforce is always making improvements. Some of the implements come from suggestions from their customers. They are always listening to the customer.
- The true integration of modules is a time saver. Other systems "promote" integration, where Dayforce is truly integrated.
- Implementation did not go as expected. I would have liked to have seen more from the implementation team.
- The Time Off Request system is fantastic! It has done away with all the old paper submission forms and employee calendars. It also streamlines the process. It is submitted, reviewed, approved all in the system and then automatically updates the employees' timesheets and attendance calendars.
- The Attendance Module has reduced the amount of additional manual record keeping such as spreadsheets, and also given the supervisors a tool to see the accumulation of points in real-time, versus waiting for a weekly or monthly report to be completed and distributed.
- We have six different payrolls, each with varying pay period end dates and pay frequencies. Dayforce is able to handle the variety without any issues.
- I attended the new Dayforce FIT session for WFM at this year's Insights conference. It has greatly increased my ability to make configuration changes to my product without having to open as many support tickets as in the past, which also translates into big savings.
- I would love it if Dayforce included an FMLA module. So much of the information needed for accurate tracking already exists right in the system. We are left with the decision to either continue our in-house manual process or to find a stand-alone software to assist us with the cumbersome administration.
- The TAFW module does not yet provide the ability to limit security access of non-exempt employees to be able to run reports for their own information.
- We are a union work environment, and as such have employees with multiple rates of pay for different jobs. Currently, premium pay such as "Team Lead" can only be calculated by the system when they work their primary job assignment. It does not automatically get picked up and included on the timesheet when the employee works an alternate job.
Ceridian Dayforce has provided us the reporting tools necessary to audit
and clean-up our database. In conjunction with
Having the ability to further
configure our pay policies in Dayforce, manual payroll entries have
been reduced by 67% and off-cycle paychecks to correct payroll errors has been reduced by 50%. Additionally, it provided us the ability to
fully automate payment of our separate vacation and
alternate job rates, reducing the
administration time by 100%. In return, this has greatly reduced the overall rate of grievances filed by union employees.
- Using Ceridian Dayforce HCM for time clock purposes works very well for our organization. For users who do not have access to a desktop or laptop computer, we've been able to give the access by placing iPads strategically around our organization where employees can easily access them. The software allows users to log in using a username and password or by using their badge number and a personal ID number. This allows the user to pick whatever method is most convenient for them. Hourly employees can view their timesheets and request that their manager/supervisor make edits if a correction is needed. Managers and Supervisors can edit and approve timesheets for the employees they manage before submitting them to our Payroll Department for processing.
- The healthcare enrollment wizard that we used in Ceridian Dayforce HCM was also very straightforward and easy to use. Every employee received a notification when they logged into the system telling them that they were eligible for annual enrollment and were provided with a link to click that took them straight to the enrollment wizard. All of the healthcare plans, as well as detailed information about each plan, was available within the system wizard so we didn't have to log out or switch programs in order to get information that we needed. If a mistake was made or if a selection needed clarification, our HR Department could send us a notification within Dayforce telling us to review our selections. We also received confirmations immediately after enrollment instead of having to wait days for HR to tell us that they received our benefits enrollment packages
- Being able to view our timesheets in real-time is a benefit that I truly appreciate. There were times in the past where I couldn't remember if I clocked out for the day or lunch and I could immediately log into Dayforce, view my timesheet, and enter a note under the day the mistake was made. My boss would get an automatic notification that I've submitted an error for my timesheet and he can approve or deny the request and make the corrections as necessary. It also helps me track my hours worked so I won't go over if there is a ban on overtime or I can work more hours if it looks like I won't get 40 hours for the week.
- I honestly don't see any areas where Ceridian Dayforce HCM needs any improvement. The system works, it's easy to use, and doesn't provide any issues with our network or other programs. It took about 2 months to get all of our data imported before we could go love. The time period was only long because our HRM Department chose to manually input the data into the system instead of importing it. If we imported the data it would of been only a few weeks for implementation before we could go live.
- I will warn users in the Payroll Department that we had issues with getting the correct figures to display on our W-2's. We had to issue corrected w-2 forms twice, but this was not due to the system making a mistake. The error was caused by users of the software in our Payroll Department. The software did exactly what it was supposed to do, but the user in charge of creating the W-2's was not following directions and kept inputting the wrong information.
- Ceridian Dayforce HCM requires the use of Silverlight when using Internet Explorer. Whenever we choose to upgrade Dayforce and push out the updated version to our users, we have to update IE and Silverlight as well. Sometimes you will get a false message stating that Silverlight needs an update when it's really IE and vice versa. We solved the problem by updating both IE and Silverlight for all users. We hope that we won't have to do this for every upgrade we decide to push out to our users.
- Employee Management - provides managers more capability in overseeing their staff
- Self-Service - employees can do more for themselves
- HR practices - helps our organization be more compliant and streamlines our end-to-end needs
- With every HCM solution, there are going to be speed bumps along the way which create difficulties. Over the past 3 years, our organization has seen our share of these issues. As we experience issues we work with Ceridian to have it resolved, or create best practices to work within the product's framework. Compared to other HCM solutions, the positives in Dayforce far outweigh any negatives.
- Payroll processing across multiple countries. We operate in the US, Canada, and the UK. Dayforce is a single platform to handle it all.
- Mobility is a trending requirement for our workforce. The DayforceHCM app allows our users to manage their time, time off requests and other payroll-related activities in the palm of their hand.
- Ceridian does a great job of keeping their users connected through Insights and other events. The best resources for learning about how to grow through Ceridian are their clients.
- The continuity between implementation approaches and post-implementation support could be much better. Post-implementation, we needed a lot of work done on entitlements. When we contacted support, the best practices that they endorsed in certain situations was not aligned with the approach taken by the implementation team. This caused a lot of rework.
- Project management resources during our implementation were not consistent. We went through 3 project managers on the Ceridian side during implementation and it caused huge issues.
- Implementation resources were not dedicated to our project alone. This caused problems for us. There a fair amount of turnover on the Ceridian team, exchanging resources to move to other projects. This was not productive for our team, as new resources were often not the right fit or had less experience than their predecessors.
Dayforce HCM is being used across the organization in all departments. It is used by staff from entry level up to executive level. We use Dayforce HCM as our HRIS system and payroll software. One of the main solutions it provides is allowing a more fully featured and automated onboarding process for incoming employees. While we continue to emphasize in-person onboarding, we have simplified the documentation and policy work to leverage Dayforce's functionality to keep track of the onboarding process, acknowledgement of documents and any other employee files that are needed, by keeping them conveniently located and easily accessible. With a large staff, Dayforce also provides a time clock for our employees to punch in and out (for work and lunch) which makes tracking hours for our team much easier across multiple locations.
While Dayforce HCM also offers options for recruitment, training, and performance management, we do not currently use those to their full ability. At this time, we are looking to integrate Dayforce into those activities more regularly, but we are taking our time to evaluate how to best utilize its capabilities to enhance the process.
- One stop shop for all of your HRIS needs. Employee files are easily accessible to anyone with the access privileges and it allows employees to review their files/agreements and any other documents with ease.
- Dayforce HCM provides a great deal of options. By integrating options into a single solution, it allows for the streamlining of HRIS, payroll, performance management and recruiting processes once you're used to the system.
- Employee experience - while the admin aspects of Dayforce can be complicated, the end-user experience for the employee is incredibly straightforward, largely intuitive, and provides ease of access to anything an employee would need without the requirement of requesting the assistance of a supervisor/manager.
- From an administrative standpoint, the system, while full-featured, can be overly complicated and cumbersome to use at times. This is definitely a system where you will need to spend some time becoming a master of its many options, and not something you can just pick up with little effort.
- For Managers, the process of verifying time clock punches can be time-consuming as there are few options to make changes to how the system processes punches and determines whether it is something that warrants attention or not. As it is, our team spends more time than with our previous system verifying time clock punches.
- File associations can be somewhat hit-or-miss when you are updating or adding a new policy or file document that is intended to be visible to all employees. Dayforce will often accept everything required for this process, but then fail to display the associated file. This has and can be fixed with the assistance of support, but the occurrence of this issue is far too frequent.
- Well Suited: adding a new policy/document that is to be reviewed by all employees. Employees can access the document, acknowledge that they have read it, and Dayforce can track their acceptance for record-keeping and compliance.
- Well Suited: your organization has a large staff and/or multiple locations and tracking hours has proven to be a challenge. Employees can login via Dayforce, clock in and out, and managers can track their time and schedule their shifts accordingly.
- Well Suited: for organizations that wish to implement a "one stop shop" type solution for HRIS, payroll, performance management, recruiting, etc.
- Less Appropriate: small businesses that do not have an HR department/leader and/or leaders with the spare time to learn a new system.
- Less Appropriate: businesses where the users of Dayforce will not be tech-savvy or experienced with software similar to Dayforce. There is a somewhat steep learning curve with Dayforce that may prove problematic for those who are not tech-savvy.
The most effective ways that Dayforce HCM enables compliance is through the automatic processing of payroll deductions, tax withholdings, benefit/insurance deductions/payments, vacation policies and overall Human Resource policies for the organization.
Payroll processing takes much of the busywork out of the hands of an accounting team and requires verification and confirmation instead of time-consuming calculations. Moreover, as Dayforce utilizes up to date tax information, we can rest easy knowing that any errors will be minimized, if not eliminated entirely. It allows for the confidence to complete the payroll process without second guessing and being able to focus on what's next.
As for HR/Organizational policies, the ability to quickly provide updates to employees, allow for new acknowledgements and tracking employee acceptance of policies ensures that we have a verifiable record for our employees and any future need to demonstrate compliance with regulations such as WHMIS or the AODA.
- Dayforce handles payroll very well. Ease of operation, employee maintenance, reviewing payroll prior to finalizing, auditing, and submitting.
- Dayforce is easily configured for electronic (paperless) onboarding. You are in full control of documents, compliance, and routing of workflows.
- There is a streamlined approach to adding entitlements such as specific sick pay being implemented by cities and states across the U.S.
- Dayforce handles the new hires/ rehire process extremely well.
- Dayforce’s manager and employee self service tool with workflows is unsurpassed.
- Some improvement is needed in the reporting arena. There is still some difficulty in ad-hoc reporting and merging different tables for one report.
- Reporting is easier
- Taxing work state and live state without the "payroll person having to guess"
- Sending messages out to employees is exciting
- The whole Orc setup is complicated
- Changing and address system doesn't give you a check box to elect to update beneficiaries
- Upgrades have to be made easier and [should] not effect prior settings
- Integrates with our recruiting system for high volume hiring
- Mobile Application
- Benefits ACA Year End Reporting
- Custom configuration and parameter based set up that we can modify based on changing business needs
- Reporting has some limitations and formatting issues, we are looking forward to the new reporting system coming out in the next few months
- Dayforce does not support the methodology we use for benefits eligibility for seasonal employees under PPACA
- We'd like to see faster turnaround times on our support tickets and change requests
Dayforce has excellent functionality and allows for a large amount of complexity in scheduling and overtime rules.
We are not able to use the ACA management functionality, it does not support the methodology we use for determining eligibility for seasonal employees.
- Payroll processing. It is a quick interface and no need to import records from other sources.
- Dashboards. They provide a great look at organizational data.
- Benefits. Simple easy to use interface for users to enroll.
- Reporting - They are working on an upgrade but need to make it more open and not lock down filters and tables.
- Load time on first log in - they are working on removing Silverlight but would be helpful to pull the components out before logging in.
- More integration with recruiting and performance. They are newer modules but they need to be able to pull more information from existing employees.
- Single user experience allows for less duplicate entry, streamlined reporting and greater accuracy/compliance on all levels.
- Flexibility in reporting.
- Customer support portal.
- XOXO client to client think tank to share ideas and brainstorm solutions and best practices.
- Automation in online recruiting module... on road map already
- Dayforce has an amazing onboarding program that will help us keep employees engaged from the beginning.
- The system flows from the applicant through to HR and on to Payroll.
- The payroll system is constantly updated with HR information.
- We were able to build our policies and procedures right into the system.
- I would like to see an easier-to-use timesheet system that could display weekly or bi-weekly and totals including all hours being paid that is easy to understand for managers and employees.
- As far as reporting, I would like data to be more accessible for more complicated reporting.
- User Friendly: What I love is the ease of navigation within the Dayforce system. Before implementing Dayforce I would have to log in to one system to see an employee's timesheet, another to see their benefits and still another to view their HR record. Now with a simple click of the mouse I can view any information I need about an employee.
- Ability to store files: Workflows for all of your processes are part of the system, whether a requisition to open a job or a request for change of position or compensation, all forms are filled out digitally and once all approvals have been made the changes update automatically in the system. You can also scan and upload any performance review, write-up, etc., directly to an employee's file so it's always accessible.
- Audits and Reports: Most of the modules within Dayforce HCM have an audit feature which puts a time stamp on any change that is made to a record and also allows you to see which user made that change. There is good variety of reports that help me provide information that upper management asks for in a timely manner.
- Internet based: Because it is an internet based system, it can run slow at times depending on your connection/service. I have had the system freeze up on me at times and log me out. Also, with the recruiting module it takes a while for employment applications to load at times.
- Errors: We have had errors occur at times while process payroll which support was only able to identify as a "system bug" or "ghost data". I've realized that it's very important to get the configuration of your policies set up exactly right during implementation, otherwise you discover a year or more later that things are not occurring the way you thought they were set up to occur.
- Files Feeds: We are now over 2 years using the system and our file feeds that go to our benefit providers for medical, vision, 401k etc. are still not working properly. It has been an ongoing battle to the point we have lost hope that they will ever work and we are manually sending the information to the providers.
- Support: At times support has been slow to respond to my tickets. Other times the representative assigned to my ticket doesn't seem as knowledgeable of the product as he/she should be resulting in a longer wait time while they push the issue to a more senior level person.
"Ceridian Dayforce HCM: Spend more time focusing on strategic business activities and less time worrying about your application."
- Intuitive user interface that is easy to use for people with various technical abilities
- Employees can view their time card in real-time on many different devices
- Easily view task progress across devices and with downward visibility throughout the organization
- Dayforce could use more robust reporting within the application, but have recently released a new Business Intelligence tool to fill the need
- Workflows provide limitless opportunities for every type of business need.
- Payroll, benefits, and time are all located in the same system with seamless transitions between the three.
- Tax calculations are extremely accurate and calculate for every type of employee situation.
- Reporting is not as user-friendly as it could be. The topic building tool is not for the average user.
- Benefits administration could be simplified a little more.
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Ceridian Dayforce HCM
Dayforce was built as a single application and aims to provide a modern, consumer-grade user experience with proprietary application architecture, including a single employee record and a rules engine spanning all areas of HCM. The platform is designed to make work life better for companies and their employees by improving HCM decision-making processes, streamlining workflows, exposing strategic organizational insights, and simplifying legislative compliance. The platform is designed to ease administrative work for both employees and managers, creating opportunities for companies to increase employee engagement.
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Screenshots
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Videos (3)
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Downloadables
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Competitors
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Mobile Web|
|Supported Languages: ||English (US), English (GB), French, French Canadian, Spanish (Latin America), Spanish (Spain), Italian, German, Polish, Simplified Chinese, Dutch, Hindi, Portuguese (Brazil), Croatian, Czech, Romanian, Bulgarian, Slovak, Japanese, Korean, Hungarian, Thai|