- It's all one platform.
- It's configurable to your company needs.
- The system follows the employee from hire to termination. All HR functions are done in Dayforce. No need to use another system it's all in one.
- The implementation is very time-consuming. The way the data needs to be given to Ceridian needs to be more user-friendly.
- I especially like the Payroll module in Dayforce. For the first time in my 20+ year career I am able to combine multiple FEINs in a single pay group. This is a huge step forward, allowing us to consolidate our pay groups for more efficient processing. Overall, the payroll module is great. I love being able to add my own pay definitions, create my own deduction codes, and run off cycle payrolls without having to call support.
- I have been a Ceridian Tax Service customer longer than I have been a Dayforce customer. CTS is the best in the business. The year end reports in Dayforce make it easy to identify exceptions that need to be corrected now, making year end easier. Also, the tax functionality in Dayforce makes local tax compliance relatively easy.
- I really appreciate having the test environment. This is a huge help! We use the test environment to build out new functionality, test the new releases, and for training and troubleshooting.
- There is no way to confirm that New Hire Reporting was done properly. In other systems I have used I could refer to reports to verify the NHR was compete and accurate. Dayforce has no such reports. Also, I've been contacted a couple of times from states where the NHR was not complete. The state compared the SUI quarterly filing to NHR and fined me for omissions that they claimed had not been reported by Dayforce/Ceridian.
- As much as I like the payroll module, it needs to move faster. We have a LOT of extra incentive payments that are calculated outside DF. This means we have to import into Quick Entry in Payroll. It can take up to 17 minutes sometimes to recalc payroll. That really slows us down at the end of our processing because we are reconciling and balancing every hour and dollar. If Dayforce would just MOVE and load faster and calculate faster we could reduce the time spent on payroll processing. Also, a common complaint overall is getting kicked out of the system, often multiple times a day, or even within the hour.
- The salary proration for mid pay period new hires and terms and rate changes is based on a Monday through Friday workweek. That is not accurate in our case. I'd like to be able to have it prorate over 7 days in a work week or choose a different work week.
Despite its relatively small workforce, the university deals with three bargaining units, as well as non-union employees. The inherent complexities of this environment, combined with legacy systems and procedures in a growing institution, continued to challenge the payroll function and staff. In addition, USB was struggling to secure an HCM system that provided excellent customer service, ideally in French.
- The university is using a number of modules, including Payroll, Time and Attendance, Workforce Management, and Recruiting, Onboarding and employees are actively engaging with the mobile application. All of these modules are user friendly and very effective.
- One of the strengths of Ceridian Dayforce for us is that it is the only HRIS that is bilingual.
- On top of that, customer service is their biggest strength. The testing environment helps clients to get familiar with all the changes within the system (technology evolves rapidly therefore it is key to stay up to date and they do this very well). If you need help, at any time, someone will genuinely help you.
- Our biggest headache is employees that have more than one assignment. We have many within our workforce (i.e. a salaried employee who also has an hourly job within USB).
- Customized reporting is difficult to use. However, there are hundreds of reports already set up for clients and as mentioned previously, support is always there.
- Many of our employees are shared between locations, and several with multiple jobs as well. The one system record prevents us from having confusion on employee data, benefits or compensation. The one system record aides in compliance with labor law.
- The self-service function for the individual employees provides an opportunity for change, viewing or printing of their data without having to make an appointment with Human Resources. The self-service function cuts down on the HR department having to reprint check stubs or write income validations for employees. The employee can print it for themselves or view it on their data phone at their leisure.
- Our regional managers can report findings that are company specific, based on the information we built during implementation. Our ability to customize fields and flow of employee data allows us to manage it the way we work/run the company.
- The customer support portal is the most problematic area. There have been great improvements from the beginning to now, but with customer support - there is always room for improvement.
- The system is costly, but it is a very robust system that is worth the cost if you work the entire system correctly.
- Dayforce is in real time, which is a huge benefit with payroll and benefits processing.
- The integration of all modules allows you to avoid repetitive data entry and and cuts down on the chances of errors.
- Ceridian stays on top of all the latest needs and is continually upgrading the system. It is very user friendly and is geared towards the generations that are entering today's workforce.
- Recruiting should be set up to allow edits when job descriptions, qualifications, etc. change. You currently have to build a new template and keep the outdated ones as well.
- I would like to see the ability to upload our current forms in the system. You have to be an XML expert to accomplish this now. There should be an easier option. This would add a huge efficiency to our organization.
- I would like to see a feature where our managers could make approvals through an email without logging into Dayforce. Many top level managers do not like taking this extra step and therefore are not a fan of the system. Making their life easier would increase top level buy-in.
- The Time Off Request system is fantastic! It has done away with all the old paper submission forms and employee calendars. It also streamlines the process. It is submitted, reviewed, approved all in the system and then automatically updates the employees' timesheets and attendance calendars.
- The Attendance Module has reduced the amount of additional manual record keeping such as spreadsheets, and also given the supervisors a tool to see the accumulation of points in real-time, versus waiting for a weekly or monthly report to be completed and distributed.
- We have six different payrolls, each with varying pay period end dates and pay frequencies. Dayforce is able to handle the variety without any issues.
- I attended the new Dayforce FIT session for WFM at this year's Insights conference. It has greatly increased my ability to make configuration changes to my product without having to open as many support tickets as in the past, which also translates into big savings.
- I would love it if Dayforce included an FMLA module. So much of the information needed for accurate tracking already exists right in the system. We are left with the decision to either continue our in-house manual process or to find a stand-alone software to assist us with the cumbersome administration.
- The TAFW module does not yet provide the ability to limit security access of non-exempt employees to be able to run reports for their own information.
- We are a union work environment, and as such have employees with multiple rates of pay for different jobs. Currently, premium pay such as "Team Lead" can only be calculated by the system when they work their primary job assignment. It does not automatically get picked up and included on the timesheet when the employee works an alternate job.
Ceridian Dayforce has provided us the reporting tools necessary to audit
and clean-up our database. In conjunction with
Having the ability to further
configure our pay policies in Dayforce, manual payroll entries have
been reduced by 67% and off-cycle paychecks to correct payroll errors has been reduced by 50%. Additionally, it provided us the ability to
fully automate payment of our separate vacation and
alternate job rates, reducing the
administration time by 100%. In return, this has greatly reduced the overall rate of grievances filed by union employees.
- A very intuitive system that can be done with minimal training or timesheet understanding.
- Customization so language and pay codes can be crafted to meet organization policy.
- Allows for notification outside of the system to better stay on top of requests.
- There are pop-up features when looking back or triggering any retroactive features that "increases clicks" and causes frustration
- Some security features also make work redundant to change/update a timecard
- More consolidated options for recruitment - these features are fairly elementary
- Time away
- New hire on boarding
- The approval process of manual entries. We use this for restricted stock vesting and having to manually approve every single entry one by one needs to be fixed
- Truly handle global companies. So when moving someone from one country to the next, we shouldn’t have to to term and hire in other pay group to avoid the person dropping off of reporting from the former pay group
- I am very pleased and satisfied with the Ceridian Dayforce support team. They are very professional, helpful and knowledgeable.
- Very excited that Payroll is able to provide constant calculation
- I am very pleased with the Training Guides that allow me to create my own Balances and Entitlements
- I would like to have a field for a primary manager, especially when an employee has 3 to 4 managers that they report to at any time. Having 3 to 4 managers per employee shows duplicate rows when reporting.
- The "continuous calculations" make it easy to see the effects of changes in real time
- The ability to enter data for multiple pay periods at once reduces the chances of missing something later on
- The ease of enrolling employees in elected benefits
- How adjustments to entitlements are made. Right now for our full time vacation it's like try to balance 2 moving targets
- One source for HR and payroll data.
- Love the ability to create custom topics and reports.
- Really appreciate the ability to export data out through Data and the functionality of web services.
- Would like the ability for users to do what if scenario with benefit enrollments. This feature was in HPL.
- Sometimes support is a bit of a challenge in getting a fix back on time as well as the knowledge skill of some of the support staff.
- It integrates well across modules, so you are only configuring once!
- Stable. Once you get to a point of functionality it is not an ongoing project to keep up and running.
- Being handed off to support doesn’t mean you are one your own. This is important because with some products that is how it feels!
- Wish it would load into the browser quicker. Why is this the case? Should be less of a data load than a GUI.
- A little more transition time from implementation to support. Would make it easier for user and support. Key here would be transition not handoff.
Related tracking and management of benefits eligibility is much improved.
Missing link is vacation tracking and payment for one of our bargaining units. Seems as if we have the only SEIU contact on Ceridian (52 week look back for vacation pay.)
- Dayforce is robust enough to function for a variety of different service lines
- Because of Dayforce's ability to be customized, it makes the program extremely self-service. As a new user of Dayforce, this can be a huge challenge.
- A new user training webinar or education center to Dayforce, whether for HR or Payroll, would be helpful for new users.
My organization is structured differently so streamlining the payroll process has been challenging within dayforce
- Timesheets are great and the use of the app for our employees is important
- Paying all employees automatically added
- Not having to touch every single employee every time!
- Employees being able to reset their own passwords if they have their accounts and alerts set up correctly!
- Employees original login should be a bit simpler!
- Reports - not super user-friendly!
- Need more and more and more in reporting!
- Taxes! Very different from HPW - still learning after a year on Dayforce!
- HR Reporting
- Benefits needs to be better on the reporting side, it is hard to allow the benefits team to do their own report for audit and the many reports that are needed to out side vendors.
- The speed of the system after they moved away from Silverlight
- Developing rule for entitlements
- It has made our payroll processing at least twice as fast.
- The benefits module is robust, yet simple to use. It is another huge time saver.
- I know it seems silly, but having the employee's profile picture in the system, actually helps tremendously and assists with getting to know employees, remembering their names, etc.
- I think that the recruiting module has room for improvement. I used a different vendor for this portion of HR in the past, and it was much easier to use. On the bright side, I heard the in the next upgrade, Ceridian will be addressing some of these issues.
- Ceridian is constantly upgrading its product. I LOVE this about them, but it does take some time to get used to new modules when they are released.
- Their reporting module is rough. It's hard to create your own reports and when reports are run, they come out funky. This is supposed to be addressed in their next upgrade as well.
- Dayforce is hands down the leader of innovation when it comes to HCM. They think creatively and use customer feedback to improve their system.
- They have excellent customer resources.
- Their system is all-in-one and live and on demand which is crucial when you have so many things in motion.
- Implementation: They need more seasoned / senior consultants to help customers during implementation. Very limited resources in regards to implementation support.
- Security could improve in regards to how granular it can go. Right now, you can't nail down security based on a Pay Group and I would like to see that happen.
- Professional Services could be a little quicker and more accessible. It seems that a lot of the professional services are in other time zones which makes it difficult to get projects completed quickly.
Review: "Ceridian Dayforce has made our company more efficient and cost-effective... it can do the same for yours!"
- All-in-one comprehensive system
- Customer support
- Staying on top of the most innovative technology and customer needs
- Educating their customers on their system
- They are switching from Silverlight to HTML and it is causing some slowness that I hope improves when all modules are on HTML.
It allows the company to be on a single integrated platform. Communication is improved and information is shared more effectively.
- It’s great if you are trying to engage employees
- Need to have buy-in from the top
- Dayforce provides alternate routes for communication between managers and their team members with conversations - Outside of your typical email.
- Dayforce is on its way to become more user friendly and less manual. Every upgrade I'm noticing more steps getting eliminated in certain processes and different sections in Dayforce are talking to each other.
- Dayforce PEOPLE section currently does not house employee files. This is a major problem for our organization.
- Have a more user friendly route to read PTO balances for employees.
- The ability to print out all pay stubs at one time, rather than have to go through every one to print out.
- Employee portal is user friendly. We get great feedback from employees on ease of forms.
- From a payroll perspective the ability to have preview variance is invaluable.
- The ease of off cycle processing. This is very good since qe are in immediate pay states.
- Implementation. We found ourselves managing Ceridian implementation team. Data loads were inadequate and as a customer I would expect Ceridian to review their work.
- Too many bugs. The notifications are nearly impossible to keep up with.
- System performance.
- Open enrollment - easy to set up and enroll and great audit reports
- Entering new hires is easy and pay change form is easy
- I don’t deal with payroll side but love that when you enter benefits it flows to payroll and reports are easy to use to audit
- Writing reports is so easy to edit and find topics.
- Self service for manager easier way to have employees not see others in the same dept.
- I have trouble following the guides sometime says you need to look at pages to find answers and there needs to be a search hard to find guides
- 360 feedback - Ceridian listens to reviews from its customers
- Mobile app - very simple to use and capable
- Timekeeping - easy to navigate errors and easy to revise time sheet data
- HR record maintenance - people module is still running on MS Silverlight
- Payroll election audit data - can not track edits to payroll elections, which is where regular deductions are entered
- Custom reporting - topic builder is not user-friendly and custom reporting fields are difficult to create without additional training and/or guidance from Ceridian support
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Ceridian Dayforce HCM
Dayforce is a global human capital management (HCM) platform that transforms the employee experience. It unifies data from across the entire employee lifecycle to enable better decision-making at every level. Dayforce is a comprehensive cloud platform that combines HR, payroll, benefits, workforce management, and talent management in a single application. Our scalable platform is built with a single, flexible rules engine combined with real-time updates and calculations that help address complex regulatory requirements.
- Continuous pay calculation: This means that pay is calculated continuously throughout the pay period, giving administrators the time they need to produce high-quality pay.
- One application: With data stored in a single, central location, get data-driven insights across all HR functions so you can make better decisions for the entire employee lifecycle.
- Actionable insights: Dayforce provides critical data-driven insights to help you make fast, informed decision.
- Anytime, anywhere access: Access Dayforce using the device of your choice on web or mobile.
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Screenshots
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Videos (3)
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Downloadables
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Integrations
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Competitors
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Mobile Web|
|Supported Languages: ||English (US), English (GB), French, French Canadian, Spanish (Latin America), Spanish (Spain), Italian, German, Polish, Simplified Chinese, Dutch, Hindi, Portuguese (Brazil), Croatian, Czech, Romanian, Bulgarian, Slovak, Japanese, Korean, Hungarian, Thai|