Using Dayforce has allowed us to roll out many paperless processes including onboarding for new hires and manager functions that were previously completed via a paper workflow.
- Dayforce has allowed our time management, payroll, and HR to be in one system. This is a great time saver and prevents us from having to configure other systems to 'talk to each other'.
- The workflows in Dayforce have allowed us to set up many paperless processes, saving time and reducing the risk of misplacing a paper transaction. Changes made in Dayforce are easily accessible, transactions can be found in just a few quick clicks.
- The setup of Benefits allows us to easily see who is eligible based on the qualifiers within the plans.
- Dayforce has limited capabilities when it comes to customization. Our previous system, also a Ceridian product (HR/Payroll Web) was heavily customized to our organizations needs. Being able to customize based on our needs, such as repurposing a field, or removing a field from view, would be a great addition.
- Adding or removing columns in a report can be a very lengthy process. Once you click to remove a column, Dayforce has to process the request. If you are removing or adding many columns, this process can be somewhat time consuming.
- One single platform was a game changer for us. The continuous calculation of pay changed the way our payroll and benefits office does business. The time it has saved in calculating and auditing changes is great.
- Dayforce looks at the entire employee experience from both an employee and employer's perspective and meets both expectations. Employees are getting what they need and stayed engaged through Dayforce. Managers, administrators, and executives can get the level of detail they want/need to help them make informed decisions
- Scalability. As our organization has grown from 800 employees when we first implemented Dayforce to over 1350 employees now, Dayforce has grown with us. And not only in the number of employees, but growth of our organizational structure. We've added locations, cost centers, and processes. Dayforce has kept up and allowed to to make these changes with relative ease.
- The HTML roll out to replace Silverlight has been somewhat difficult for us. In a few areas, namely MyPay/Payroll and MyHR/People, we have had a more difficult time adapting and finding the same functionality we had before. More of a learning curve, but still "uncomfortable" nonetheless.
- Dayforce is great at connecting the managers, Payroll and HR to the employees. The messaging function has saved all of us time and lets us talk to employees not on site so much easier.
- The workflows and forms are a huge strength for Dayforce. Without them we would still have a ton of paper forms and have to sort through boxes of files to look back at old forms.
- Having performance management, document management, payroll, timesheets, schedules, on-boarding and recruitment all in one system is awesome. It reduced all of our data entry and errors.
- Implementation was rough. We felt like the team from Ceridian did not know the system that well and they didn't set up stuff correctly which caused issues later.
- The new Payroll module in HTML is too slow and added hours of work onto payroll. Until that is fixed we will continue to use My Pay.
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Review: "Powerful program with a lot of potential still waiting to be tapped."
- It offers a lot of solutions "out of the box". If your company has no specialized/customized needs this would be excellent.
- For the most part, customer service is responsive, aside from the busiest times of the year.
- Documentation is extensive on all parts of the system. The DIG (Dayforce Implementation Guide) in particular, is very helpful.
- Training and sales seem to be out of sync with the actual system. Sales promises our leaders things that in real life are not possible, or require additional fees/services to implement. Training has featured things that are no longer available live in the system. Support sometimes is out of sync with updates as well.
- Support is overwhelmed the entire year. This means slow response times, unless you mark everything as urgent. If a ticket is marked as high priority, unless it is escalated we may not get a response beyond "your ticket has been received" for two weeks or more. Ceridian needs to hire more support people.
- Communication on changes that will be made by hot fixes is often done after the fact.
- Allows employees to submit personal changes either to address, direct deposit and/or a life event changes such marriage, the birth of a child.
- The system also allows our employees to clock their time more efficiently using their mobile phone, computer or even a time clock that we have set up for them. This especially makes it easier for the manager to approve time as well.
- Reviewing employee changes and payroll has been better as well with the reporting tool the system has in place. The standard reports and report templates make it easier to run custom reports as well. Fantastic tool.
- I work in benefits and I can see how Ceridian can put a bit more focus on the benefit module. We don't have a typical plan year of January through December so the system takes a bit more specialized focus to set up the benefit plans.
- The system could also work on how it calculates benefits with multiple payrolls. For example we have semi-monthly employees and bi-weekly employees and the system doesn't calculate the employee/employer costs of benefits properly between the two payrolls. It can only handle one type of payroll at a time so we have to manipulate the system to calculate the correct costs.
- Continuous calculation for payroll, ensuring you, and the employee knows were they are at in the pay period, and can quickly identify discrepancies to be able to resolve them prior to payroll submission. This helps our admins not stress prior to payroll submission, and be able to deliver the most accurate paychecks for our employees keeping them happy.
- Report writer! Get readouts of the information you need. Build your own report with the information you need. We use a variety of different reports to help us get the most accurate information from an HR, payroll, timekeeping perspective. We've found endless benefits to this function and use the information to push our company forward in the industry.
- Excel to Dayforce. There are different ways to upload information straight into Dayforce, making it easy to get a new employee's information uploaded directly into Dayforce. This drastically cuts down on the labor time it took to get a new employee into the system helping our HR department get back to assisting our employees instead of being bogged down on data entry.
- I think the scheduling component could use some work. Currently if someone has a different type of availability for work, you cannot simply look at the days they are available and visually see what they can work. You have to hover over the box to see what they can work. It would be benificial if there was a way for their availability to be visible A for AM, P for PM or O for open in each day.
- Some of the upload functions could use some additional functions. We are currently trying to figure out how to upload our J1 visa employees, but have their social security tax blocked so we don't have to manually for all of their work assignments. It's very time consuming.
- Dayforce is robust and has a lot of functionality, once you understand all its capabilities. This allows us to make more informed and data-driven decisions.
- The user interface is relatively user-friendly and intuitive. Our employees find it easy to navigate, requiring less help on tactical HR needs and freeing up that time for more strategic needs.
- All of the data is housed in a single platform, which makes analyzing the data in new and more informative ways easier.
- The customer support is lacking. If needs are highly urgent, then the customer support will respond timely. Other needs that are reported aren’t responded to timely and you don’t have much support to get things addressed.
- The implementation process of their system is so difficult and cumbersome. So much of the burden of implementation falls on the customer, rather than Ceridian as I expected, and the timeline is rushed, so we were forced to go live without feeling like things were truly ready to go. Having additional communication and better implementation support, along with more time to implement, would have saved us months of headaches down the road.
- We are a mid-sized business, and Ceridian is focused on enterprise-level customers. While we’re thrilled with the functionality the system has, the support for companies our size is pretty minimal. We felt that we weren’t as important of a client.
- As stated in the previous answer we utilize both the time and payroll features of Dayforce. This cross-function integration prevents us from having to import time data from another platform.
- It also keeps all data on one platform so that it all flows between the different features and functionalities. For example, changing someone's time-sheet and then recalculating in payroll is intuitive and avoids going into another system to make the change and re-importing whole loads of time data.
- The integration also maximizes attendance usage, as time data is tracked continuously under attendance and is adjusted with any time adjustments in real-time. This makes attendance and time flow between one another seamlessly and efficiently.
- Dayforce's continuous calculation in general is a great capability of the system to make adjustments when they are necessary and see their effects immediately.
- Payroll-complementing features such as report building, third-party remittance, organizational/job mapping for workers comp and year-end filing also work smoothly.
- While I have been helped tremendously by Dayforce's customer support line, I think I would prefer if resolutions were made during that same call if business time allows for it for both sides of the transaction. While deferring resolutions through ticket logging is generally ideal, a call in might--generally speaking--call for resolution during that call, even if its not immediate. This would only apply to urgent issues of course and ticket logging through the support portal for less immediately urgent issues generally works just fine.
- The reporting is flexible and easy to create with preformed topics to get the information you need
- There is online help to follow which is informative when trying to learn how to use the application.
- Problems can be added to online ticket system and tracked with the support staff responding quickly via a phone call for or email depending on the severity.
- New reports at the end of the year are a normal occurrence when doing new implementations. There needs to be more flexibility to get these done in the time required. Development should be available all year.
- The removal of Silverlight needs to be replaced quicker for a better browser experience.
- Single application
- Comprehensive HR, benefits and payroll functionality
- Strong mobile presence
- Customer Support can be challenging at times. Ceridian is growing rapidly so we don’t always get the level of experience needed to resolve our issues as quickly as we would like.
- They are migrating all functionality from Silverlight to HTML. Not everything has been migrated yet so it gets confusing when reporting. Thankfully, it’s a temporary situation.
- Reporting has a steep learning curve when implementing as many modules as we did. That said, there are tons of canned reports available.
- Dayforce offers HR, Recruiting, Benefits, Payroll, and Workforce Management in a single application. Our associates have mobile technology which enables them to see their schedules, review their timecards or check benefit information 24 hours a day.
- Our associates have access to real time information 24 hours a day. They are able to see how much PTO time is available and request time away from work through mobile technology.
- The new 'Timecards' needs improvement. It is difficult to access the timecard totals (previously 'View Pay' in My Timecards) without having to drag the side bar down. It is not efficient.
- Dayforce is easy to learn and easy to operate. It gives employees control of their data with anytime access, and helps us make sure our employee information is accurate and up to date.
- With data stored in a single, central location, we get data-driven insights across all HR and Payroll functions so we can make better decisions for the entire employee lifecycle.
- Payroll is calculated continuously throughout the pay period, giving my payroll team the time they need to produce accurate and timely pay.
- One specific area of improvement would be with WFM (Time and Attendance) where we could get a snapshot of weekly/biweekly timecard totals without having to scroll through the detailed "Pay" totals.
- Because our company pays different hourly amounts to employees for holiday pay based on their FT/PT status, we would like to see the hours appear in the time card totals without having to go to the "Pay" tab to confirm.
- System Security settings should include the ability to grant access to hourly and/or salaried employees. This would eliminate the need for unneeded configuration to prohibit some manager level employees from seeing salaried associates.
- Ceridian Dayforce has helped us tremendously in document and administrative task management. From new onboarding forms to recruiting to even payroll, Dayforce has enabled us to refocus our efforts, not on making sure paperwork is properly completed, compliant and filed, but to focus on empowering our work force to grow and develop.
- Payroll, Ceridian Dayforce has helped us take payroll processing time from 3-4 days to 8 hours total, and with little to zero errors.
- Workflows! We seem to be a company that operates on a one off basis. This causes us issues with the Dayforce workflows. We would like to see the ablility to change workflow parameters while the workflow is populated or an easier way to cover the approval areas we needs. This may just be a training issue on our end.
- Again, the little one off issues we have in Payroll. For example, any time we go out side of the system to complete a task, like adding a new hire through the new hire workflow instead of the recruiting workflow, we see issues.
- It's all one platform.
- It's configurable to your company needs.
- The system follows the employee from hire to termination. All HR functions are done in Dayforce. No need to use another system it's all in one.
- The implementation is very time-consuming. The way the data needs to be given to Ceridian needs to be more user-friendly.
- I especially like the Payroll module in Dayforce. For the first time in my 20+ year career I am able to combine multiple FEINs in a single pay group. This is a huge step forward, allowing us to consolidate our pay groups for more efficient processing. Overall, the payroll module is great. I love being able to add my own pay definitions, create my own deduction codes, and run off cycle payrolls without having to call support.
- I have been a Ceridian Tax Service customer longer than I have been a Dayforce customer. CTS is the best in the business. The year end reports in Dayforce make it easy to identify exceptions that need to be corrected now, making year end easier. Also, the tax functionality in Dayforce makes local tax compliance relatively easy.
- I really appreciate having the test environment. This is a huge help! We use the test environment to build out new functionality, test the new releases, and for training and troubleshooting.
- There is no way to confirm that New Hire Reporting was done properly. In other systems I have used I could refer to reports to verify the NHR was compete and accurate. Dayforce has no such reports. Also, I've been contacted a couple of times from states where the NHR was not complete. The state compared the SUI quarterly filing to NHR and fined me for omissions that they claimed had not been reported by Dayforce/Ceridian.
- As much as I like the payroll module, it needs to move faster. We have a LOT of extra incentive payments that are calculated outside DF. This means we have to import into Quick Entry in Payroll. It can take up to 17 minutes sometimes to recalc payroll. That really slows us down at the end of our processing because we are reconciling and balancing every hour and dollar. If Dayforce would just MOVE and load faster and calculate faster we could reduce the time spent on payroll processing. Also, a common complaint overall is getting kicked out of the system, often multiple times a day, or even within the hour.
- The salary proration for mid pay period new hires and terms and rate changes is based on a Monday through Friday workweek. That is not accurate in our case. I'd like to be able to have it prorate over 7 days in a work week or choose a different work week.
Despite its relatively small workforce, the university deals with three bargaining units, as well as non-union employees. The inherent complexities of this environment, combined with legacy systems and procedures in a growing institution, continued to challenge the payroll function and staff. In addition, USB was struggling to secure an HCM system that provided excellent customer service, ideally in French.
- The university is using a number of modules, including Payroll, Time and Attendance, Workforce Management, and Recruiting, Onboarding and employees are actively engaging with the mobile application. All of these modules are user friendly and very effective.
- One of the strengths of Ceridian Dayforce for us is that it is the only HRIS that is bilingual.
- On top of that, customer service is their biggest strength. The testing environment helps clients to get familiar with all the changes within the system (technology evolves rapidly therefore it is key to stay up to date and they do this very well). If you need help, at any time, someone will genuinely help you.
- Our biggest headache is employees that have more than one assignment. We have many within our workforce (i.e. a salaried employee who also has an hourly job within USB).
- Customized reporting is difficult to use. However, there are hundreds of reports already set up for clients and as mentioned previously, support is always there.
- Many of our employees are shared between locations, and several with multiple jobs as well. The one system record prevents us from having confusion on employee data, benefits or compensation. The one system record aides in compliance with labor law.
- The self-service function for the individual employees provides an opportunity for change, viewing or printing of their data without having to make an appointment with Human Resources. The self-service function cuts down on the HR department having to reprint check stubs or write income validations for employees. The employee can print it for themselves or view it on their data phone at their leisure.
- Our regional managers can report findings that are company specific, based on the information we built during implementation. Our ability to customize fields and flow of employee data allows us to manage it the way we work/run the company.
- The customer support portal is the most problematic area. There have been great improvements from the beginning to now, but with customer support - there is always room for improvement.
- The system is costly, but it is a very robust system that is worth the cost if you work the entire system correctly.
- Dayforce is in real time, which is a huge benefit with payroll and benefits processing.
- The integration of all modules allows you to avoid repetitive data entry and and cuts down on the chances of errors.
- Ceridian stays on top of all the latest needs and is continually upgrading the system. It is very user friendly and is geared towards the generations that are entering today's workforce.
- Recruiting should be set up to allow edits when job descriptions, qualifications, etc. change. You currently have to build a new template and keep the outdated ones as well.
- I would like to see the ability to upload our current forms in the system. You have to be an XML expert to accomplish this now. There should be an easier option. This would add a huge efficiency to our organization.
- I would like to see a feature where our managers could make approvals through an email without logging into Dayforce. Many top level managers do not like taking this extra step and therefore are not a fan of the system. Making their life easier would increase top level buy-in.
- The Time Off Request system is fantastic! It has done away with all the old paper submission forms and employee calendars. It also streamlines the process. It is submitted, reviewed, approved all in the system and then automatically updates the employees' timesheets and attendance calendars.
- The Attendance Module has reduced the amount of additional manual record keeping such as spreadsheets, and also given the supervisors a tool to see the accumulation of points in real-time, versus waiting for a weekly or monthly report to be completed and distributed.
- We have six different payrolls, each with varying pay period end dates and pay frequencies. Dayforce is able to handle the variety without any issues.
- I attended the new Dayforce FIT session for WFM at this year's Insights conference. It has greatly increased my ability to make configuration changes to my product without having to open as many support tickets as in the past, which also translates into big savings.
- I would love it if Dayforce included an FMLA module. So much of the information needed for accurate tracking already exists right in the system. We are left with the decision to either continue our in-house manual process or to find a stand-alone software to assist us with the cumbersome administration.
- The TAFW module does not yet provide the ability to limit security access of non-exempt employees to be able to run reports for their own information.
- We are a union work environment, and as such have employees with multiple rates of pay for different jobs. Currently, premium pay such as "Team Lead" can only be calculated by the system when they work their primary job assignment. It does not automatically get picked up and included on the timesheet when the employee works an alternate job.
Ceridian Dayforce has provided us the reporting tools necessary to audit
and clean-up our database. In conjunction with
Having the ability to further
configure our pay policies in Dayforce, manual payroll entries have
been reduced by 67% and off-cycle paychecks to correct payroll errors has been reduced by 50%. Additionally, it provided us the ability to
fully automate payment of our separate vacation and
alternate job rates, reducing the
administration time by 100%. In return, this has greatly reduced the overall rate of grievances filed by union employees.
- Module design and functional capacity.
- User interface.
- Product/service education and training.
- Ceridian Dayforce support is horrible! Support is NOT offered in a "pod" environment with personnel being cross-trained on any/all modules. Support lacks in-depth product/service knowledge and technical expertise. Any single change/update ALWAYS has an unforeseen impact elsewhere in the system. The system may be integrated; however, support provided does not adequately or satisfactorily address system administration issues.
- Double or triple the amount of time and resources recommended for implementation.
- 12 months after implementation, we cannot depend on the system to function consistently as expected, which negatively impacts our confidence as to the accuracy of information, along with our inability to further explore/implement customized functionality suitable to our advantage.
- Time differences and language barriers exacerbate support issues.
- Do not anticipate or expect timely resolution to open support cases and be prepared to provide system training to support personnel in order to make progress.
- A very intuitive system that can be done with minimal training or timesheet understanding.
- Customization so language and pay codes can be crafted to meet organization policy.
- Allows for notification outside of the system to better stay on top of requests.
- There are pop-up features when looking back or triggering any retroactive features that "increases clicks" and causes frustration
- Some security features also make work redundant to change/update a timecard
- More consolidated options for recruitment - these features are fairly elementary
- Data Privacy
- Customer Support
- Customer Support Analysts for more advanced users that have already tried the basic tasks to try and resolve a problem so we don't have to go back and forth several times before we actually discuss the issues.
- Would love a 'can i help you' feature within the program or support portal for questions on the fly.
- People is easy to navigate. When trying to find information on an employee including their position information, personal information, accruals, benefits, earnings statements, it is easy to navigate and to view in one page
- Provides good reports. Most reports have all the necessary information. We use benefit census, employee changes and detail report for many of our managers and finance department.
- Learning resources are available on almost all topics. Specifically I was able to find information on payroll and year end.
- Payroll Process- calculating and validating is slow.
- Can't enter future pay changes until payroll is processed even though there is an effective date.
- Support representatives aren't always very knowledgeable. I feel like I have to guide them through more than they guide me.
- Submitting and deleting forms. If someone submits a form to change an employees position and it has overlapping dates the system does not allow you to delete that form and therefore it creates duplicate timecards if it entails a department change
Dayforce is well suited for smaller companies who don't have a lot of pay groups, PTO policies. Basics.
Manages OT well.
Compared to other payroll providers it seems that the process for auditing 1095-C is more automated. You are also able to review months ahead of time for discrepancies.
- The Dayforce application is well liked by employees. Clocking in/out reduces the need for multiple time clocks in house
- Benefit enrollment system is nice for employees to choose their benefits at their own pace and efficiently. HR loves the reduced time on data entry!
- There are many different reports available for use and can be "tweaked" to fit our needs.
- Learning the reporting system is not as easy as figuring it out as you go. Training is needed to create an efficient report.
- Starting new with my organization was very overwhelming when I was shown Ceridian; there is a lot to the programs and it appeared that our payroll coordinator was completing the system creation/setup for several modules. She is excellent, but it looked time-consuming and burdensome.
Ceridian is excellent for time card management. It works nicely as it is available to employees via the app.
I would say that Ceridian is complicated to learn and it would be awesome if trainings were held throughout the year for new users to go to and learn how to function in the system. When starting a new job it was hard to put time towards the training modules because many other things were being thrown at me while working in the office. I appreciate learning by doing, but with Ceridian you can't muck your way through it and watching videos is painful for me.
- Benefits enrollments are quite easy. The ability to build plans on my own, update rates, run rate jobs and modify plans is a plus. Mostly a point and click.
- Reporting has been upgraded with the REL55 allowing the ability to easily add fields to reports without building new topics. Great time saver!
- Workflow management is a great function, creating forms and directing the forms for appropriate approvals. Takes the paperwork off the desk and the leg work away from the managers.
- More clarity on payroll mapping. Seems my difficulties lie in when I am creating new payroll codes, pay codes and I might forget to map. I know this might sound crazy but what about a pop up when creating codes that need to be mapped to remind you "hey, don't forget to go to pay policy and . . ." I get that testing should take care of this but with newer employees are using Dayforce, might be a good idea. I think this would eliminate calls to the help desk at Ceridian also.
- FILE FEEDS FILE FEEDS FILE FEEDS!!!! I've have been working with the Ceridian team and our benefits vendors to create 8 file feeds right now. Not one is on track, not one of these projects has kept me informed without me asking, not one has had a project manager managing the tasks / timeline. Right now, 2 feeds are over a month past due and 4 are a couple weeks past due. I am wasting valuable hours creating reports to provide changes to vendors directly.
- Not being able to delete some items such as jobs/positions created in error. If no one has been in the job and no one is using it, we should be able to delete it. It is not Ceridian's job to babysit HRIS professionals by restricted what they can and cannot do.
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Ceridian Dayforce HCM
Dayforce is a global human capital management (HCM) platform that transforms the employee experience. It unifies data from across the entire employee lifecycle to enable better decision-making at every level. Dayforce is a comprehensive cloud platform that combines HR, payroll, benefits, workforce management, and talent management in a single application. Our scalable platform is built with a single, flexible rules engine combined with real-time updates and calculations that help address complex regulatory requirements.
- Continuous pay calculation: This means that pay is calculated continuously throughout the pay period, giving administrators the time they need to produce high-quality pay.
- One application: With data stored in a single, central location, get data-driven insights across all HR functions so you can make better decisions for the entire employee lifecycle.
- Actionable insights: Dayforce provides critical data-driven insights to help you make fast, informed decision.
- Anytime, anywhere access: Access Dayforce using the device of your choice on web or mobile.
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Screenshots
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Videos (3)
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Downloadables
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Integrations
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Competitors
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Mobile Web|
|Supported Languages:||English (US), English (GB), French, French Canadian, Spanish (Latin America), Spanish (Spain), Italian, German, Polish, Simplified Chinese, Dutch, Hindi, Portuguese (Brazil), Croatian, Czech, Romanian, Bulgarian, Slovak, Japanese, Korean, Hungarian, Thai|