https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/28/zA/GRRFZG7EG952.PNGA Very Stable HCM PlatformDayforce is used by our third-party billing entity that provides staff within our organization. Hospital employed leadership is, therefore, able to manage the payroll and recruitment needs for their positions. Dayforce has been a very simple tool that allows a complex medical center to share manage their resources effectively. Without the generation of shared access across multiple entities, there would be a severe disruption in our ability to process payroll for all team members and collect accurate salary cost data.,A very intuitive system that can be done with minimal training or timesheet understanding. Customization so language and pay codes can be crafted to meet organization policy. Allows for notification outside of the system to better stay on top of requests.,There are pop-up features when looking back or triggering any retroactive features that "increases clicks" and causes frustration Some security features also make work redundant to change/update a timecard More consolidated options for recruitment - these features are fairly elementary,9,Personally cannot speak to a financial gain, but efficiency and productive time when using the system are very reasonable. Not cumbersome! The system is extremely reliable and personally, have never encountered a "down time" or stoplight system error. Reporting is fairly challenging and not intuitive. Obvious payroll data is not in line with standard business practice.,Used primarily as a payroll portal for my personal needs. It allows accurate and effective timekeeping for my staff. Great opportunity to correctly code and document hours worked that ensure compliance with both company policies as well as federal labor laws. The staff ability to manage their own time card and pay is also a plus and provides a level of empowerment to the employees.,Although I use a very simplified corner of what Dayforce has to offer (do not work in human resources and am simply a manager user), there has been an overall positive experience and feedback received across the entities utilizing the system. When it comes to employee's time off it is very straightforward, and provides enough surface level detail to aid employment and financial salary decisions.,Halogen TalentSpace and Oracle PeopleSoft HCM,Halogen TalentSpace, Oracle PeopleSoft HCM, SAP Business Warehouse,Not SureCeridian Dayforce has made our company more efficient and cost-effective... it can do the same for yours!Dayforce is being used across the whole organization from scheduling and labor management at the restaurants, to HRIS, payroll and recruiting in the HR dept, this system has allowed our organization to process data in real-time for more accurate and efficient business practices.,All-in-one comprehensive system Customer support Staying on top of the most innovative technology and customer needs Educating their customers on their system,They are switching from Silverlight to HTML and it is causing some slowness that I hope improves when all modules are on HTML.,10,We have a positive ROI due to turning our company from 90% paper-based to less than 5% paper based. We have seen a lot of increased efficiency with our field managers who are spending less time creating schedules and managing their labor. We have increased productivity in HR dept due to employee self-service... the HR team spends less time on data entry.,If there are any policies or rules that aren't automatically automated by Ceridian Dayforce then the system is easily configured to make sure you are compliant.,Managers are able to update schedules in real-time based on needs, the mobile app allows for schedule changes between employees, and the schedule is integrated with the real-time time punches which then can be calculated on a paycheck at a moment's notice.,ADP Enterprise eTIME and Paylocity Web PayA great product without great serviceCeridian Dayforce was implemented in our organization on September 2017 as a solution to our HR needs like scheduling, time sheets, and payroll. We have a wide variety of profiles with all kinds of scheduling needs like office, production, drivers, merchandisers, seasonal employees, part-timers, etc., across all provinces in Canada with different labor regulations in each of them.,Keeping a digital file for our employees is certainly an advantage that will eventually help our organization reduce the paper files to a minimum and facilitate access to the employee's information from anywhere at anytime.,The biggest problem I have been facing as a user in my organization is that the application has problems saving changes that are input on the online interface. It is surprisingly frequent the times that I need to save a change in an employee's time sheet and it freezes and doesn't save a thing. For example, approving a late out could take two or three tries or even a log out - log in to get it done. Implementation service. I report all my concerns to our HR manager and she deals with the support team from Ceridian. From my perspective as a user within my organization, I can tell that weeks pass by without a solution for any of my concerns. Holiday pay was calculated wrong by the system on November, the grace period is not working properly since day one, discrepancies between what I see on my screen and what HR sees on her screen of the same employee at the exact same time, etc. Service tickets have been submitted numerous times and I don't have a solution yet.,1,If implemented correctly and running smoothly Ceridian will definitely bring cost benefits to an organization like reductions in payroll processing times. Update. We asked Ceridian for an option to include a bank-of-hours for overtime agreements in Canada and we were told we needed to pay an unbelievable expensive service fee for that. As if it was something extremely customized which is not because many companies use it. This has a negative impact on a possible ROI.,We recently had a big problem when Dayforce paid a holiday to three ineligible employees and in the same period it didn't pay that holiday to other eligible employees. We were told that the rules for our province in Canada were already input and that they were working fine. This was wrong. Update May 2018. Dayforce doesn't include an option for "banked-hours", even though it is very common and it's included in most Canadian provinces' labour rules. We were asked to pay a very expensive fee to have it. So it doesn't help us with automation or compliance of overtime agreements.,At the moment, and after only two months using Dayforce, my experience has been negative. It takes me longer to review time sheets and compensations. It requires scheduling in advance to allow an employee to clock into work while my previous system allowed the employee to clock in at any time without a previous schedule. This is very helpful when dealing with emergencies or last minute needs at the warehouse.,,NetSuite, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Office 365,15,2,Scheduling production personnel Tracking hours worked for payroll purposes Control Vacation and other time off periods,We haven't used Dayforce in any different way than the basics. We tried to add a "bank of hours" but the cost is ridiculously expensive, as if nobody in Canada needs it or as if it was something extremely customized, which is not true because the bank-of-ours rules are set by the provinces and many companies use it.,At this point we are still struggling to use Dayaforce in its very basic way. Just for payroll and it hasn't been a good experience. As I mentioned, we would certainly use it to keep track of a bank-of-hours, but there's nothing offered by Ceridian at a reasonable price.,1,1,Yes,The only time I was positively surprised by Ceridian is when I was contacted almost immediately after I posted my first review in TrustRadius. The problem is that nothing got solved.,The time sheets reports are quite easy to use and there are a lot of different option to chose from and enough filters to narrow your results to what you need. Hierarchies among employees are very clear and easy to understand. Dayforce shows a visual tree chart where you can clearly see the employees by group. There is an inbox that will show the pending actions. It is very visual on the top right corner and it will clearly show you an orange circle whenever you have new items in your folder.,The most difficult part I've found is saving pretty much anything when working on the time sheets or scheduling of the employees. It constantly fails and it will freeze on the validation process or just give you an error-while-saving message, then you have to leave that section, come back and try to save again. Most of the times I need to log out, log back in and do it all over again. If it keeps failing I need to switch to a different browser. Very often I end up using Explorer, Chrome and Edge in the same "session" to get things done. This is the most frustrating issue I have with Dayforce. Scheduling is complicated. The only "easy" option I know is to copy a full week schedule into a new week, but if I need to do some changes it is not user friendly to do it manually. You have to input each day at a time or copy one single day to another single day, one by one while pressing CTRL and dragging the selected cell/day. It is very time consuming when you have a lot employees. The hiring questionaire could be more friendly. It is easy to miss some of the dropdown boxes as they are arranged in columns and rows. It would be a lot easier to follow a vertical list. Also, if you miss some information you won't know until it is rejected by the approver and you will need to do it all over again. The grace period in the time sheets doesn't work. We have open support tickets about this issue and after months is still the same. An employee that starts at 7:00 am would clock in at 6:57 and Dayforce will pay those 3 extra minutes. Same when they clock out, so you end up with a few minutes of overtime for all the employees in any given day. We have some employees that are actually paid by the minute but those rules don't apply to most of the other employees and we haven't been able to get this solved by Ceridian.,Yes,2Trust Dayforce HCMDayforce is being used throughout our business. It is used to take vacation time and days away from work and we use bio metric clocks for our hourly employees. They also use the clock to log in and out of projects they are working on which is used for costing purposes of our products.,The product is very user-friendly. It is a one time capture for payroll and HR information. You can view earnings at any time in a real time and see what earnings are.,I feel the updates could be researched a bit more before implementing because on occasion they interfere with customization of the product that some users had put in place.,10,Dayforce has has a positive impact on our ROI. It has cut our payroll costs substantially and has paid for the implementation costs in less than a year.,Dayforce has processes in place to notify the company of when employees are eligibility for specific benefits. Dayforce can also advise when reached their maximum employee matching limits.employees,Yes the single application has made it easier for Managers to make decisions when it come to managing their employees.,,Microsoft Dynamics CRMDayforce HCM ReviewDayforce HCM was implemented as of 1/1/2016. We have implemented electronic timekeeping, employee self-service, electronic pay statements, total compensation statements to our employees in the US. We are currently making plans to implement the recruiting, documentation and performance management modules.To date, the implementation of Dayforce has improved the accuracy and has saved time on our payroll processing. In addition the attendance calendar is a great tool to use for any patterns in time away. The use of the Dayforce system provides our supervisors and managers with the tools necessary for them to retrieve data on their direct reports when they need it. No calling to HR to have information retrieved. The data is at their fingertips when they need it.We are looking forward to the implementation of the other modules to provide enhance the tools for both managers/supervisors and employees.,I think the Dayforce HCM product is easy and straight forward for my employees to be self sufficient in areas of their responsibility. My employees like to utilize the phone app. Dayforce provides wonderful web training so the users can become familiar with the modules. We are looking forward to utilizing the ACA Compliance for our 1094/1095 reporting. We recently implemented the Performance Management module. Both our employees and managers like the easy of the product and the ability to converse.,A webinar training is wonderful, however, when your implementation team customizes the product it would be nice to have training on what and how things were programmed to meet our needs. We would like to see the OSHA Recordable/ Workers Compensation in My HR become more robust. Would like to see faster response to open ticket items.,9,Savings in labor as we are letting the system streamline the work. We are looking forward to the recruiting being done in Dayforce and onboarding right into the system. We recently implemented the Performance Management module and it has streamlined our review process.,Dayforce has been instrumental in giving us assurance in ACA compliance. We also utilize it for our time and attendance and overtime pay. Our managers, supervisor's can all see the timesheet prior to payroll running the pay check. This has allowed us to make any necessary changes prior to the payroll run.,Having one platform for all aspects of HR, payroll and talent management was one of the reasons we decided to go with Ceridian's DayforceHCM. We are excited about rollout out other modules in the near future.,,Certify,,2,ACA Compliance Electronic time and attendance and pay. HR system including document control, performance management, etc.,Prior to Dayforce we used a web-based program for payroll and basic HR data. Dayforce has completely allowed us to update our processes. We have file feeds for benefits. In the past HR would be tasked with multiple vendor systems to enroll employees into benefits. We have just recently implemented the performance management module for annual reviews. We have also designed a review for our 30 and 90 day "Stay Reviews".,We need to spend more time looking at the data we have collected in Dayforce to see what other areas of the business can benefit from the information we have captured.,10,Yes,Price Product Features Product Usability Existing Relationship with the Vendor Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor,I think as an organization we evaluated and selected appropriately for our organization.,Vendor implemented,Yes,Change management was a big part of the implementation and was well-handled,Finding time to do our day to day work and find the time to test and learn the product. It was hard to wrap our head around how everything would come together and how parts of the system interacts with each other. File feeds can be a bear. It often takes more than one try to get them correct.,8,Online training,9,9,For best practices for configuring Ceridian Dayforce I would strongly suggest that you utilize either a vendor provided implementation team and/or your own third party, You need someone who is familiar with the Dayforce software program to help you utilize the program to help you get the most of the program.,No - we have not done any customization to the interface,No - we have not done any custom code,8,Yes,Yes, the implementation teams are usually great! They have a wealth of knowledge, there is usually more than one way to program for the result you want. You should talk where you currently are with the product/module and your future plans for use as they can help provide logical next steps.,Performance Management module. ACA Reporting Payroll processing,Entitlements can be a little more complex (not too difficult),9,We went live on Dayforce on 1/1/2016 and since going live we have implemented addition modules. Recruiting, Document Explorer, and Performance Management. We have plans to get On-Boarding up and running next. We really like the single platform for HR and payroll. This feature alone has saved us considerable time from how we previously tracked and processed payroll. As the administrator of our benefits, the responsibility of the ACA reporting falls on me. The ACA feature in Dayforce makes this so much easier that it is no longer the dreaded task it was prior to Dayforce.,10,8,We negotiate in November 2014 that we would have a kickoff meeting in June/July 2015 with a go live date of January 2016. Although we did not have our kickoff until Sept/Oct of 2015 we were live as of January 1, 2016!,If you have a firm go live date, be sure to communicate that date often with your account rep. Also, if they decided they want to push out your implementation and you are not able to live with a delayed date, be sure to push back. We pushed back and Ceridian came through as the partner we were anticipating.
Ceridian Dayforce

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Reviews

Ceridian Dayforce HCM
Top Rated Award
Filter 161 vetted Ceridian Dayforce HCM reviews and ratings
August 10, 2018

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Review: "A Very Stable HCM Platform"

• A very intuitive system that can be done with minimal training or timesheet understanding.
  • Customization so language and pay codes can be crafted to meet organization policy.
  • Allows for notification outside of the system to better stay on top of requests.
  • There are pop-up features when looking back or triggering any retroactive features that "increases clicks" and causes frustration
  • Some security features also make work redundant to change/update a timecard
  • More consolidated options for recruitment - these features are fairly elementary
Seems to be a very high functioning system. There have been regular updates in the 1 year I've been using it, and the updates provided by the system administrator have been timely and clear. Very simple to add users and hierarchy to better serve all end users. Great tool for any small to a large organization for their workforce management needs!
Read John Pavarini's full review
July 03, 2018

Review: "Ceridian Dayforce has made our company more efficient and cost-effective... it can do the same for yours!"

• All-in-one comprehensive system
  • Customer support
  • Staying on top of the most innovative technology and customer needs
  • Educating their customers on their system
  • They are switching from Silverlight to HTML and it is causing some slowness that I hope improves when all modules are on HTML.
Dayforce is well-suited for large companies, global companies and multiple pay groups. I think it is less appropriate for organizations that prefer to outsource their payroll.
Read Lisa Ressie's full review
May 25, 2018

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Review: "A great product without great service"

• Keeping a digital file for our employees is certainly an advantage that will eventually help our organization reduce the paper files to a minimum and facilitate access to the employee's information from anywhere at anytime.
  • The biggest problem I have been facing as a user in my organization is that the application has problems saving changes that are input on the online interface. It is surprisingly frequent the times that I need to save a change in an employee's time sheet and it freezes and doesn't save a thing. For example, approving a late out could take two or three tries or even a log out - log in to get it done.
  • Implementation service. I report all my concerns to our HR manager and she deals with the support team from Ceridian. From my perspective as a user within my organization, I can tell that weeks pass by without a solution for any of my concerns. Holiday pay was calculated wrong by the system on November, the grace period is not working properly since day one, discrepancies between what I see on my screen and what HR sees on her screen of the same employee at the exact same time, etc. Service tickets have been submitted numerous times and I don't have a solution yet.
As a new user it is hard for me to have a full perspective of the overall solution. I am sure it works great for other organizations but I don't really know what their implementation process was. Ours has been painful especially because of the lack of service from Ceridian giving a solution to our support tickets.

Update May 2018.
Read Julián González's full review
April 06, 2018

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Review: "Trust Dayforce HCM"

• The product is very user-friendly.
  • It is a one time capture for payroll and HR information.
  • You can view earnings at any time in a real time and see what earnings are.
  • I feel the updates could be researched a bit more before implementing because on occasion they interfere with customization of the product that some users had put in place.
The Ceridian Dayforce program is good at tracking employees' time.

It is good for processing payroll and keeping up with current legislative changes that affect payroll and is area - state or province specific.

It can be accessed remotely from anywhere.
Read Rita E. Novak, CPHR, CMP's full review
March 25, 2018

Ceridian Dayforce HCM: "Dayforce HCM Review"

• I think the Dayforce HCM product is easy and straight forward for my employees to be self sufficient in areas of their responsibility. My employees like to utilize the phone app.
  • Dayforce provides wonderful web training so the users can become familiar with the modules.
  • We are looking forward to utilizing the ACA Compliance for our 1094/1095 reporting.
  • We recently implemented the Performance Management module. Both our employees and managers like the easy of the product and the ability to converse.
  • A webinar training is wonderful, however, when your implementation team customizes the product it would be nice to have training on what and how things were programmed to meet our needs.
  • We would like to see the OSHA Recordable/ Workers Compensation in My HR become more robust.
  • Would like to see faster response to open ticket items.
Every week we continue to think of more data, tracking, etc., we can utilize with Dayforce HCM. It will be interesting to see what additional "power" we tap into in the next 12 months!
Read Cheryl Wampler, SHRM-SCP, SPHR's full review
February 23, 2018

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Review: "Dayforce managing our HR processes"

We use Dayforce across the organization. We use time and attendance, payroll, benefits, recruiting, onboarding, performance management, document management. Very impressed with the one HR management software program. Dayforce scheduling is a big win for our organization of 2,600 employees; very helpful in keeping our budget in line. The software is comprehensive and [provides] easy administration for managers, administrators and employees.
  • Scheduling - supports our budget, allows employees to pick up shifts when they become available, allows employees to trade shifts. All big wins for our organization.
  • Managing measurement periods for ACA recording. Manages the legislative process with ease.
  • Employee benefits are managed through the feeds with our vendors. Dayforce offers a very impressive employee benefits module.
  • Dayforce is missing a home page that offers company documents.
  • As an non-profit organization, we pre-deducted our employee benefits. We had to change our process to accommodate the limitation of this functionality.
One HR management software that manages all our HR needs. We have managed our process in the past with 2 software companies, very problematic. Our previous software company had limitations within their software to manage the ACA process exposing our association to possible costly penalties.
In my role as a benefits director the biggest compliance management piece is ACA. I come from a software program that did not mange this process with confidence, consistently second guessing the processing. Dayforce offers a complete and concise process for measurement and automatic insurance offers.
Read Pamela Salzman PHR's full review
June 26, 2018

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Review: "Dayforce HCM - May the force be with you!"

Dayforce HCM is our HRIS system used for HR, Payroll, Recruiting, Benefits and Learning and Development. Our entire organization uses this system. It resolves the issue of having to use multiple systems to manage our employees. We utilize the Dayforce system so that our employee information crosses multiple platforms making the management of staff much simpler than using multiple systems.
  • It is a cloud-based application. Being able to use the cloud prevents bogging down our own servers when all employees are accessing the system.
  • Dayforce simplifies payroll by calculating daily as we go.
  • Dayforce provides multiple modules that meet several business needs, including payroll, Recruiting, Benefits, and Learning and development.
  • They still utilize Silverlight. This causes some browser compatibility issues.
  • Hotfixes seem to occur frequently. These should not occur so often.
  • System upgrades happen too often. This should be limited to maybe twice a year.
Ceridian is well suited for a company who is looking to handle all of their employee needs in one system. It is very convenient for managers to have access to their employees via any computer or any cell phone as long as the app is loaded. This is very convenient. Approving timecards and time off requests can all be done remotely.
Ceridian Dayforce assists with compliance in multiple ways. The first and most important is by tracking the mandatory meal periods in the State of California. Configuration allowed us to build in a failsafe so that we are aware if an employee works more than six hours without taking a mandatory meal break, or if they work over ten hours they must waive or take a second meal period.
April 05, 2018

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Review: "DAYFORCE - ONE-STOP SHOP FOR YOUR HCM NEEDS"

Ceridian Dayforce is our one-stop shop for all our HCM & HRIS needs. We also use Dayforce for tracking project coding hours to bill our customers via costing jobs. It is used by all employees for tracking time working as well as requesting time away from work. Dayforce with the payroll module has taken us from a two-part process for payroll to having one system do it all. It has saved us money and time as well as alleviated any concerns with being compliant with federal/provincial legislation.The reporting aspect is just amazing. We are able to track chargeable hours vs non-chargeable hours then compare the wages as a percentage of total costs. We are able to see the all the employment statistics as a company to measure how we are doing analytically.
  • Dayforce has a great customer support system.
  • Dayforce has the IT expertise to keep up with the evolving changes.
  • They listen to their customers needs and wants and are continually updating the program.
  • Dayforce could be more user friendly when configuring a specialized report.
  • It is taking a long time to convert from Silverlight (a Microsoft product no longer supported) to HTLM.
Dayforce is well suited for project coding for cost accounting. We are able to bill our customers via project coding due to the fact we have touch clocks the employees can go to punch a project (job) they are working on. When the employee has finished working on that job they can punch the code for the next one. The time management keeps track and exports to our accounting software.
After implementation, on multiple occasions we reviewed the legislative compliance to be sure things were set up correctly. They know their stuff and made sure we were set up correctly. With every update or upgrade they make sure we have the guides necessary to review our compliance and make any adjustments necessary with instructions and screenshots.
March 30, 2018

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Review: "Implementation for the birds, but great customer service!"

We use it for an individual manager to set up schedules, approve time, and enter new employees at their location. We also use it to pay employees, manage benefits, and run reports.
  • Customer service communication, they respond quickly to all tickets put in the system
  • It is easy to navigate the system for our employees
  • Clean and easily understood earning statements
  • Reporting is difficult to use and the stock reports are not always the most useful
  • Implementation was difficult and they left too many open items when they transitioned us to support
  • Not all features work the way they should, like that employees cannot reset their own passwords.
It works well for the basics, but it will also customize to what you need. If you have different pay scenarios or other needs it can be customized.
It helped us with the FLSA rules for OT and it helps us to run reports to ensure compliance.
March 01, 2018

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Review: "Easy use, but still needs work"

Ceridian DF is being used for WFM, Recruiting, HRB, Payroll… we did not skimp out on any of the products. The only departments that use it daily are Finance and HR. The company uses it for employee portals and managers for manager duties. The business problems it addresses are the day to day HR and Payroll activities.
  • The payroll function is very intuitive. It’s easy to get through and the canned audit reports are very useful.
  • Timesheets and auditing are simple as well. It’s not rocket science when training new employees and managers.
  • The reporting features need a lot of work. If you need a specific report and want to customize, you will get errors and it is not fixable. You’ll literally have to pay for every report you need that is not a canned report.
Ceridian is well suited for Payroll in my opinion. I have not used it as any other function so it would be hard for me to say. But the Payroll module is very intuitive.
I love that they already have this setup in the back-end and send email notifications on compliance and changes.
April 19, 2018

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Review: "Dayforce - a true single application"

Our company integrated five or more systems into one system when signing on with Dayforce. Human Resources personnel use this system daily for all duties from payroll to time sheets to benefits and recruiting. Our managers and employees also use this system for time sheets and time away from work. The ease of real-time helps tremendously when processing payroll.
  • Dayforce is always making improvements. Some of the implements come from suggestions from their customers. They are always listening to the customer.
  • The true integration of modules is a time saver. Other systems "promote" integration, where Dayforce is truly integrated.
  • Implementation did not go as expected. I would have liked to have seen more from the implementation team.
My opinion is that Dayforce is a very sophisticated system with endless capabilities. I think it is built to handle multiple companies with ease.
We are able to run reports that are apart of the basic system rather than manually.
January 18, 2018

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Review: "How Dayforce WFM v6.44 has brought us into the 21st century!"

Dayforce WFM (one of the HCM modules) is being used across the whole organization. It is our primary workforce management (WFM) tool, encompassing time and attendance in all its aspects: hourly employees punch in using biometric clocks; salary non-exempt employees use the web-clock feature for recording their work time; all employees use the Time Away From Work (TAFW) feature to submit time off requests. It is also used by the HR/Payroll department for the processing of hours worked and paid time off. The Attendance Module has been especially helpful, as we have four different bargaining agreements, each with different rules and policies regarding attendance, absenteeism, and the various types of available premium pay. Not only have we been able to configure individual pay policies to reflect these requirements, but it has also enabled us to eliminate the use of old-fashioned paper calendars and spreadsheets for calculating available time off and the no-fault points system. It has increased the accuracy of our records as well as productivity of our HR representatives, leaving them with more time to better support their plant.
  • The Time Off Request system is fantastic! It has done away with all the old paper submission forms and employee calendars. It also streamlines the process. It is submitted, reviewed, approved all in the system and then automatically updates the employees' timesheets and attendance calendars.
  • The Attendance Module has reduced the amount of additional manual record keeping such as spreadsheets, and also given the supervisors a tool to see the accumulation of points in real-time, versus waiting for a weekly or monthly report to be completed and distributed.
  • We have six different payrolls, each with varying pay period end dates and pay frequencies. Dayforce is able to handle the variety without any issues.
  • I attended the new Dayforce FIT session for WFM at this year's Insights conference. It has greatly increased my ability to make configuration changes to my product without having to open as many support tickets as in the past, which also translates into big savings.
  • I would love it if Dayforce included an FMLA module. So much of the information needed for accurate tracking already exists right in the system. We are left with the decision to either continue our in-house manual process or to find a stand-alone software to assist us with the cumbersome administration.
  • The TAFW module does not yet provide the ability to limit security access of non-exempt employees to be able to run reports for their own information.
  • We are a union work environment, and as such have employees with multiple rates of pay for different jobs. Currently, premium pay such as "Team Lead" can only be calculated by the system when they work their primary job assignment. It does not automatically get picked up and included on the timesheet when the employee works an alternate job.
I would not recommend Ceridian Dayforce to small business or to anyone that does not have a real payroll professional on their HR team. While not the most user-friendly application available, it is definitely the most powerful and the most well equipped to handle more complicated payroll situations such as unions, rotating shifts, etc. Prospective customers should know exactly what they need to get out of their payroll system (such as history and reporting), as well as knowing all the payroll policies and practices that are unique to their industry and/or company. For example, one of our unions has a requirement that if an employee comes in early and works before their scheduled shift they should be paid overtime. We have a separate policy that says anything over 8 hours in a work day should be overtime. In this example, the hours worked before the scheduled shift (and any accompanying premium pay or shift differential) is paid at overtime - and the scheduled shift (which is being worked after already working 8 hours) is paid at straight time. This happens a lot. If the system could not handle this calculation, we would not have gone with the Ceridian Dayforce product.

Ceridian Dayforce has provided us the reporting tools necessary to audit
and clean-up our database. In conjunction with
Having the ability to further
configure our pay policies in Dayforce, manual payroll entries have
been reduced by 67% and off-cycle paychecks to correct payroll errors has been reduced by 50%. Additionally, it provided us the ability to
fully automate payment of our separate vacation and
alternate job rates, reducing the
administration time by 100%. In return, this has greatly reduced the overall rate of grievances filed by union employees.

Read Bethann DuBois's full review
January 11, 2018

Review: "Ceridian Dayforce HCM is a great investment for large organizations"

All employees in our organization use Ceridian Dayforce HCM. Employees use Ceridian Dayforce HCM as a time clock, to access timesheets, and to track payroll. Employees can access the software via their desktops or tablet to complete whatever task they need to. Most hourly employees have access to clock in via this software can also view their payroll stubs. Our HRM Department also uses it to upload forms for us to access when we need to make important changes to our personal data. The software also provides a wizard for healthcare enrollment which every employee can utilize when they have a life changing event or during open enrollment. The system also allows employees to view their current healthcare benefits and personal information such as the personal address on file for each employee. We were previously unable to track actual hours worked because we did not have a system to track an employee's working hours. We were also able to combine 3 different systems into one system by implementing this software.
  • Using Ceridian Dayforce HCM for time clock purposes works very well for our organization. For users who do not have access to a desktop or laptop computer, we've been able to give the access by placing iPads strategically around our organization where employees can easily access them. The software allows users to log in using a username and password or by using their badge number and a personal ID number. This allows the user to pick whatever method is most convenient for them. Hourly employees can view their timesheets and request that their manager/supervisor make edits if a correction is needed. Managers and Supervisors can edit and approve timesheets for the employees they manage before submitting them to our Payroll Department for processing.
  • The healthcare enrollment wizard that we used in Ceridian Dayforce HCM was also very straightforward and easy to use. Every employee received a notification when they logged into the system telling them that they were eligible for annual enrollment and were provided with a link to click that took them straight to the enrollment wizard. All of the healthcare plans, as well as detailed information about each plan, was available within the system wizard so we didn't have to log out or switch programs in order to get information that we needed. If a mistake was made or if a selection needed clarification, our HR Department could send us a notification within Dayforce telling us to review our selections. We also received confirmations immediately after enrollment instead of having to wait days for HR to tell us that they received our benefits enrollment packages
  • Being able to view our timesheets in real-time is a benefit that I truly appreciate. There were times in the past where I couldn't remember if I clocked out for the day or lunch and I could immediately log into Dayforce, view my timesheet, and enter a note under the day the mistake was made. My boss would get an automatic notification that I've submitted an error for my timesheet and he can approve or deny the request and make the corrections as necessary. It also helps me track my hours worked so I won't go over if there is a ban on overtime or I can work more hours if it looks like I won't get 40 hours for the week.
  • I honestly don't see any areas where Ceridian Dayforce HCM needs any improvement. The system works, it's easy to use, and doesn't provide any issues with our network or other programs. It took about 2 months to get all of our data imported before we could go love. The time period was only long because our HRM Department chose to manually input the data into the system instead of importing it. If we imported the data it would of been only a few weeks for implementation before we could go live.
  • I will warn users in the Payroll Department that we had issues with getting the correct figures to display on our W-2's. We had to issue corrected w-2 forms twice, but this was not due to the system making a mistake. The error was caused by users of the software in our Payroll Department. The software did exactly what it was supposed to do, but the user in charge of creating the W-2's was not following directions and kept inputting the wrong information.
  • Ceridian Dayforce HCM requires the use of Silverlight when using Internet Explorer. Whenever we choose to upgrade Dayforce and push out the updated version to our users, we have to update IE and Silverlight as well. Sometimes you will get a false message stating that Silverlight needs an update when it's really IE and vice versa. We solved the problem by updating both IE and Silverlight for all users. We hope that we won't have to do this for every upgrade we decide to push out to our users.
Ceridian Dayforce HCM is well suited for timekeeping and payroll management. It automatically tracks each punch-in and you can designate whether you're clocking out for a meal, to switch jobs, or to end your day. Sometimes our maintenance workers have to fill-in and do the job of another individual such as a plumber assisting an electrician in digging a hole that the electrician needs to complete an assignment. Through Dayforce the plumber's supervisor can track how many hours the plumber spent doing his own job or assisting others with work that needed completion. All hours are automatically tracked and need a supervisor's approval before it gets submitted to payroll so there are less mistakes made in regards to hours worked and how much compensation an employee should get.
We no longer have to manually enter data into our payroll system. Dayforce has automated this process and also takes care of the federal and state withholdings for us. This ensures that calculations are accurate and the process itself takes less time then when it was manually completed. The Payroll Department can also generate reports or perform configurable audits to ensure the integrity of the data. Since we were able to automate our healthcare eligibility, we no longer have mistakes of people changing benefits or dropping coverage during a closed enrollment period. As for overtime, before an employee can work overtime, they have to submit a request to their boss for approval before the hours are worked.
Read Roberta Jones's full review
October 24, 2017

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Review: "End-to-End HCM Solutions"

Ceridian's Dayforce HCM has been our workforce management solution for over 3 years now, and it's been instrumental in streamlining our people management. We utilize the system for job postings, application processing, interview management, hiring, onboarding, schedules, employee time, time sheets, manager approvals, payroll, benefits, paperless file management, compliance management and performance review. With 8 YMCA branch locations, plus 20 offsite program locations, having a fully integrated HRIS is critical to the management of our 800+ employees. And as Ceridian enhances their product through release updates, we continue to refine our ability to manage employee, remain compliant, and develop our staff leaders.
  • Employee Management - provides managers more capability in overseeing their staff
  • Self-Service - employees can do more for themselves
  • HR practices - helps our organization be more compliant and streamlines our end-to-end needs
  • With every HCM solution, there are going to be speed bumps along the way which create difficulties. Over the past 3 years, our organization has seen our share of these issues. As we experience issues we work with Ceridian to have it resolved, or create best practices to work within the product's framework. Compared to other HCM solutions, the positives in Dayforce far outweigh any negatives.
DayforceHCM is well suited to any organization that is looking for a comprehensive employee management system that incorporates usability for employees, managers and HR leadership.
Their rules engine ensures that we are compliant with healthcare regulations, overtime costs, state taxes, hours worked for employees, and our organization's retirement plan. It also includes easy to use reports that provide hard data from the system to ensure that everything is working as intended.
Read John Skinner's full review
October 06, 2017

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Review: "One Platform, One Team"

Dayforce is being used throughout our organization for CoreHR, Payroll and Workforce Management. The platform has helped us to solve issues related to managing these business functions in disparate systems. Consolidating HCM functionality has alleviated significant support of legacy interfaces and simplified our environment for our user community.
  • Payroll processing across multiple countries. We operate in the US, Canada, and the UK. Dayforce is a single platform to handle it all.
  • Mobility is a trending requirement for our workforce. The DayforceHCM app allows our users to manage their time, time off requests and other payroll-related activities in the palm of their hand.
  • Ceridian does a great job of keeping their users connected through Insights and other events. The best resources for learning about how to grow through Ceridian are their clients.
  • The continuity between implementation approaches and post-implementation support could be much better. Post-implementation, we needed a lot of work done on entitlements. When we contacted support, the best practices that they endorsed in certain situations was not aligned with the approach taken by the implementation team. This caused a lot of rework.
  • Project management resources during our implementation were not consistent. We went through 3 project managers on the Ceridian side during implementation and it caused huge issues.
  • Implementation resources were not dedicated to our project alone. This caused problems for us. There a fair amount of turnover on the Ceridian team, exchanging resources to move to other projects. This was not productive for our team, as new resources were often not the right fit or had less experience than their predecessors.
The core of the system is the key in my mind - one database. Needs for integration between HR and Payroll have been alleviated, freeing up time for our leaders and team members to focus on their roles rather than how to operate the system.
Read Todd Haggerty's full review
January 24, 2018

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Review: "Full-featured solution with a bit of a learning curve"

Dayforce HCM is being used across the organization in all departments. It is used by staff from entry level up to executive level. We use Dayforce HCM as our HRIS system and payroll software. One of the main solutions it provides is allowing a more fully featured and automated onboarding process for incoming employees. While we continue to emphasize in-person onboarding, we have simplified the documentation and policy work to leverage Dayforce's functionality to keep track of the onboarding process, acknowledgement of documents and any other employee files that are needed, by keeping them conveniently located and easily accessible. With a large staff, Dayforce also provides a time clock for our employees to punch in and out (for work and lunch) which makes tracking hours for our team much easier across multiple locations.

While Dayforce HCM also offers options for recruitment, training, and performance management, we do not currently use those to their full ability. At this time, we are looking to integrate Dayforce into those activities more regularly, but we are taking our time to evaluate how to best utilize its capabilities to enhance the process.

• One stop shop for all of your HRIS needs. Employee files are easily accessible to anyone with the access privileges and it allows employees to review their files/agreements and any other documents with ease.
  • Dayforce HCM provides a great deal of options. By integrating options into a single solution, it allows for the streamlining of HRIS, payroll, performance management and recruiting processes once you're used to the system.
  • Employee experience - while the admin aspects of Dayforce can be complicated, the end-user experience for the employee is incredibly straightforward, largely intuitive, and provides ease of access to anything an employee would need without the requirement of requesting the assistance of a supervisor/manager.
  • From an administrative standpoint, the system, while full-featured, can be overly complicated and cumbersome to use at times. This is definitely a system where you will need to spend some time becoming a master of its many options, and not something you can just pick up with little effort.
  • For Managers, the process of verifying time clock punches can be time-consuming as there are few options to make changes to how the system processes punches and determines whether it is something that warrants attention or not. As it is, our team spends more time than with our previous system verifying time clock punches.
  • File associations can be somewhat hit-or-miss when you are updating or adding a new policy or file document that is intended to be visible to all employees. Dayforce will often accept everything required for this process, but then fail to display the associated file. This has and can be fixed with the assistance of support, but the occurrence of this issue is far too frequent.
  • Well Suited: adding a new policy/document that is to be reviewed by all employees. Employees can access the document, acknowledge that they have read it, and Dayforce can track their acceptance for record-keeping and compliance.
  • Well Suited: your organization has a large staff and/or multiple locations and tracking hours has proven to be a challenge. Employees can login via Dayforce, clock in and out, and managers can track their time and schedule their shifts accordingly.
  • Well Suited: for organizations that wish to implement a "one stop shop" type solution for HRIS, payroll, performance management, recruiting, etc.
  • Less Appropriate: small businesses that do not have an HR department/leader and/or leaders with the spare time to learn a new system.
  • Less Appropriate: businesses where the users of Dayforce will not be tech-savvy or experienced with software similar to Dayforce. There is a somewhat steep learning curve with Dayforce that may prove problematic for those who are not tech-savvy.

The most effective ways that Dayforce HCM enables compliance is through the automatic processing of payroll deductions, tax withholdings, benefit/insurance deductions/payments, vacation policies and overall Human Resource policies for the organization.

Payroll processing takes much of the busywork out of the hands of an accounting team and requires verification and confirmation instead of time-consuming calculations. Moreover, as Dayforce utilizes up to date tax information, we can rest easy knowing that any errors will be minimized, if not eliminated entirely. It allows for the confidence to complete the payroll process without second guessing and being able to focus on what's next.

As for HR/Organizational policies, the ability to quickly provide updates to employees, allow for new acknowledgements and tracking employee acceptance of policies ensures that we have a verifiable record for our employees and any future need to demonstrate compliance with regulations such as WHMIS or the AODA.

Read Matt LeMaire, B.A., M.A.'s full review
January 17, 2018

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Review: "Dayforce HCM Advocate"

Dayforce HCM is being used by payroll, HR, and benefits as the system of record. It addresses payroll needs, Human resource from new hire process on. It also addresses our HRIS needs, onboarding (which is totally electronic) and all benefits administration as well as open enrollment. We process payroll for Canada as well and issue ROEs.
  • Dayforce handles payroll very well. Ease of operation, employee maintenance, reviewing payroll prior to finalizing, auditing, and submitting.
  • Dayforce is easily configured for electronic (paperless) onboarding. You are in full control of documents, compliance, and routing of workflows.
  • There is a streamlined approach to adding entitlements such as specific sick pay being implemented by cities and states across the U.S.
  • Dayforce handles the new hires/ rehire process extremely well.
  • Dayforce’s manager and employee self service tool with workflows is unsurpassed.
  • Some improvement is needed in the reporting arena. There is still some difficulty in ad-hoc reporting and merging different tables for one report.
I believe it is best suited for under 10,000 employees or mid market. It suits our needs, however I can’t see it being used in a manufacturing environment. Since we do not utilize it’s time keeping system, I’m not quite sure how it would handle the intricacies of labor contracts and pay scales.
Since we do not utilize a time and attendance system, we could not take advantage of Dayforce's ability for rules. However, we did utilize the total ACA management.
Read Georgette Mucci's full review
January 17, 2018

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Review: "Still in Implementation but looking forward to go Live"

We are going through implementation now. We will use Recruiting/HR/Benefits/Payroll & Tax. I have used Ceridian in all my jobs since 1988, with this much history I have seen Ceridian products transform. Dayforce is exciting because they actually take the customers feedback to help make the product better. What better way to improve than then to ask the people using it. Looking forward to go live.
  • Reporting is easier
  • Taxing work state and live state without the "payroll person having to guess"
  • Sending messages out to employees is exciting
  • The whole Orc setup is complicated
  • Changing and address system doesn't give you a check box to elect to update beneficiaries
  • Upgrades have to be made easier and [should] not effect prior settings
I was at session yesterday where Dave Ossip spoke about new things coming for Dayforce so the constant improvement is exciting.
Read Tanis D. Dove's full review
January 09, 2018

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Review: "Organization with High-Volume Seasonal Hiring"

Dayforce HCM is used across the whole organization for payroll, benefits, tax services, and HCM. We use the Dayforce Workforce Management module for scheduling and timekeeping. We have a very diverse workforce with employees in production facilities in the lower 48 states as well as remote areas of Alaska and on fishing and processing vessels in the waters of Alaska, Washington and Oregon. We also have a highly seasonal workforce as production varies with various fish and crab species seasons throughout the year.
  • Integrates with our recruiting system for high volume hiring
  • Mobile Application
  • Benefits ACA Year End Reporting
  • Custom configuration and parameter based set up that we can modify based on changing business needs
  • Reporting has some limitations and formatting issues, we are looking forward to the new reporting system coming out in the next few months
  • Dayforce does not support the methodology we use for benefits eligibility for seasonal employees under PPACA
  • We'd like to see faster turnaround times on our support tickets and change requests
Dayforce is well suited for a company with US employees that would like to have all of its payroll, tax services, benefits, recruiting, HCM, and workforce management (timekeeping) systems on one SAS system. The mobile app is a great feature. Dayforce does not have all of the multi-currency reporting functionality that other HCM systems have to support global companies.

Dayforce has excellent functionality and allows for a large amount of complexity in scheduling and overtime rules.

We are not able to use the ACA management functionality, it does not support the methodology we use for determining eligibility for seasonal employees.

Read Katrina Fountain's full review
January 09, 2018

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Review: "Streamlined system"

We are using Dayforce across our whole organization. We went full involvement with the modules - WFM, Payroll, HR, Benefits, Recruiting, Self Service forms, Dashboards, Scheduling. It has helped us get one user record for employees across our organization and one spot for staff to look up information. It's also increased efficiency and productivity.
  • Payroll processing. It is a quick interface and no need to import records from other sources.
  • Dashboards. They provide a great look at organizational data.
  • Benefits. Simple easy to use interface for users to enroll.
  • Reporting - They are working on an upgrade but need to make it more open and not lock down filters and tables.
  • Load time on first log in - they are working on removing Silverlight but would be helpful to pull the components out before logging in.
  • More integration with recruiting and performance. They are newer modules but they need to be able to pull more information from existing employees.
Well suited for any size organization with complex rules. Especially geared for multi state and retail space but will work with any organization. Can be customized for multiple business process'.
Using rules for eligibility requirements to have Dayforce notify and handle when users need to be notified.
Read Jack Sienkiewicz's full review
January 09, 2018

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Review: "Dayforce...REALLY making work life BETTER!"

Dayforce is used by all employees, from frontline reception staff to ownership. As clients of Ceridian since 2007 and with ADP prior to that we always are seeking software partners that are willing to listen and grow with us to enhance both our staff and member experience. Any software that can save time, while instilling confidence to not always be in front of the pc, the more time we can spend helping members and our community lead healthier lives!
  • Single user experience allows for less duplicate entry, streamlined reporting and greater accuracy/compliance on all levels.
  • Flexibility in reporting.
  • Customer support portal.
  • XOXO client to client think tank to share ideas and brainstorm solutions and best practices.
  • Automation in online recruiting module... on road map already
Dayforce is a solution for any organization that cares about its employees, wants transparency, and desires to supply the best tools to make proactive decisions when it comes to work force management.
Dayforce is a leader when it comes to building rules and policies based on local, state and federal laws as well as incorporating company specific...unique protocols.
Read James Stropoli's full review
January 09, 2018

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Review: "Dayforce it is"

We are currently using Dayforce for HR and payroll. We will soon be using it for recruiting, onboarding, performance evaluations, and team relate. It will be used by every person in the company. Because it is one system all information will flow through for the other departments.
  • Dayforce has an amazing onboarding program that will help us keep employees engaged from the beginning.
  • The system flows from the applicant through to HR and on to Payroll.
  • The payroll system is constantly updated with HR information.
  • We were able to build our policies and procedures right into the system.
  • I would like to see an easier-to-use timesheet system that could display weekly or bi-weekly and totals including all hours being paid that is easy to understand for managers and employees.
  • As far as reporting, I would like data to be more accessible for more complicated reporting.
Dayforce is an amazingly customizable program. We were able to take our policies and procedures and turn them into workflows and forms that can be easily accessed by our employees. The hard part is going to be building future forms and changing as our policies and procedures change. We were able to take a manual system and to build it into Dayforce as an automated HR and payroll system.
Dayforce was able to take our internal procedures and our policies and any external rules, including state and federal, and implement them into our system to ensure compliance.
Read Lisa Chavez's full review
January 09, 2018

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Review: "May the Dayforce be with you!"

We use Dayforce HCM across the whole organization. Not only has it helped supervisors and administrative staff to manage employee records and process paperwork in an easy and effective way, employees also have access to view their own information and communicate with supervisors via the system. Dayforce HCM has allowed employees to become more engaged and connected.
  • User Friendly: What I love is the ease of navigation within the Dayforce system. Before implementing Dayforce I would have to log in to one system to see an employee's timesheet, another to see their benefits and still another to view their HR record. Now with a simple click of the mouse I can view any information I need about an employee.
  • Ability to store files: Workflows for all of your processes are part of the system, whether a requisition to open a job or a request for change of position or compensation, all forms are filled out digitally and once all approvals have been made the changes update automatically in the system. You can also scan and upload any performance review, write-up, etc., directly to an employee's file so it's always accessible.
  • Audits and Reports: Most of the modules within Dayforce HCM have an audit feature which puts a time stamp on any change that is made to a record and also allows you to see which user made that change. There is good variety of reports that help me provide information that upper management asks for in a timely manner.
  • Internet based: Because it is an internet based system, it can run slow at times depending on your connection/service. I have had the system freeze up on me at times and log me out. Also, with the recruiting module it takes a while for employment applications to load at times.
  • Errors: We have had errors occur at times while process payroll which support was only able to identify as a "system bug" or "ghost data". I've realized that it's very important to get the configuration of your policies set up exactly right during implementation, otherwise you discover a year or more later that things are not occurring the way you thought they were set up to occur.
  • Files Feeds: We are now over 2 years using the system and our file feeds that go to our benefit providers for medical, vision, 401k etc. are still not working properly. It has been an ongoing battle to the point we have lost hope that they will ever work and we are manually sending the information to the providers.
  • Support: At times support has been slow to respond to my tickets. Other times the representative assigned to my ticket doesn't seem as knowledgeable of the product as he/she should be resulting in a longer wait time while they push the issue to a more senior level person.
My company has 400 employees in one single location. It does an okay job for our situation. I cannot speak to how it might satisfy the needs of a larger company or one with multiple locations. Overall, I believe it has the pieces to be a great all-in-one HRIS system, but the execution simply isn't there. I experience a lot of lag time switching from one module to another or waiting for time sheets or reports to load. It seems that every time they upgrade to a new version of the system, there are bugs that need to be fixed.
Ceridian provides updates and alerts with information regarding staying in compliant with tax laws. It also provides training and support for EEOC and ACA compliance.
Read Daniel Cook's full review
January 09, 2018

"Ceridian Dayforce HCM: Spend more time focusing on strategic business activities and less time worrying about your application."

We use Dayforce across 90% of our enterprise. We use Time & Attendance across the entire 90% and Scheduling & Task Management across 75%. As a specialty retailer in the Musical Instrument category, we sell very specific products to customers with very specific needs. That requires knowledgeable employees to be in the right place at the right time. Dayforce is key to making that happen.
  • Intuitive user interface that is easy to use for people with various technical abilities
  • Employees can view their time card in real-time on many different devices
  • Easily view task progress across devices and with downward visibility throughout the organization
  • Dayforce could use more robust reporting within the application, but have recently released a new Business Intelligence tool to fill the need
Dayforce is very useful in an environment where there is a fast pace and multiple access points such as retail, grocery stores, etc. Places of work that allow use of mobile devices will really allow the application to shine. Environments where there isn't reliable network access may prove difficult. Dayforce support staff is very responsive to customer needs and their level of support is strong.
Read Chris Salles's full review
January 09, 2018

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Review: "Dayforce HCM making great improvements with each release!"

We are using Dayforce for our system of record for payroll and HR across our us offices. It is used by our entire HR department and sparingly for self-service. Dayforce has helped us streamline some of our processes and eliminates some of the manual entry. On our previous legacy system, we were working in at least 11 different systems with multiple points of entry. After implementing we were able to eliminate some of those systems. Open enrollment for our company used to mean having employees fill out forms for six different carriers. We were able to utilize Dayforce for open enrollment this year. [It] truly eliminates any data entry involved with benefits.
  • Workflows provide limitless opportunities for every type of business need.
  • Payroll, benefits, and time are all located in the same system with seamless transitions between the three.
  • Tax calculations are extremely accurate and calculate for every type of employee situation.
  • Reporting is not as user-friendly as it could be. The topic building tool is not for the average user.
  • Benefits administration could be simplified a little more.
Dayforce is well suited for payroll and tax calculation. They've also done a great job with the workflow administration invisibility to it. I think they could do a better job with clarity around some of the tax correspondence.
In our legacy system a lot of the payroll tax was dependent on our knowledge of each state and locale. When we implemented Dayforce all the tax entities calculated the wages in each state as well as the limited wages correctly based on what we entered as the employee's address. On top of that the system validated addresses as well.
Read Evan Stroum's full review

Employee demographic data (58)
Employment history (61)
Job profiles and administration (61)
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc. (65)
Organizational charting (61)
6.7
Organization and location management (65)
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.) (40)
Pay calculation (72)
Support for external payroll vendors (33)
9.4
Benefit plan administration (57)
Direct deposit files (64)
9.4
Salary revision and increment management (48)
Reimbursement management (29)
Approval workflow (64)
Balance details (67)
Annual carry-forward and encashment (50)
View and generate pay and benefit information (70)
9.5
Update personal information (69)
View company policy documentation (42)
Employee recognition (26)
View job history (54)
Tracking of all physical assets (9)
6.4
Report builder (71)
Pre-built reports (71)
Ability to combine HR data with external data (49)
New hire portal (44)
Manager tracking tools (40)
Corporate goal setting (19)
Individual goal setting (20)
Line-of sight-visibility (18)
Performance tracking (21)
Performance plans (22)
Performance improvement plans (20)
Review status tracking (23)
Review reminders (22)
Multiple review frequency (19)
Create succession plans/pools (1)
Job Requisition Management (28)
Company Website Posting (26)
Publish to Social Media (25)
Job Search Site Posting (26)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (21)
Applicant Tracking (28)
Notifications and Alerts (30)

About Ceridian Dayforce HCM

Ceridian is a global HCM software company. Dayforce is Ceridian's flagship cloud HCM platform, and provides HR, payroll, benefits, workforce management, and talent management functionality. According to the vendor, the platform is used by organizations, regardless of industry or size, to optimize management of the entire employee lifecycle, including attracting, engaging, paying, deploying, and developing their people.

Dayforce was built as a single application and aims to provide a modern, consumer-grade user experience with proprietary application architecture, including a single employee record and a rules engine spanning all areas of HCM. The platform is designed to make work life better for companies and their employees by improving HCM decision-making processes, streamlining workflows, exposing strategic organizational insights, and simplifying legislative compliance. The platform is designed to ease administrative work for both employees and managers, creating opportunities for companies to increase employee engagement.

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Features

Human Resource Management Features
Has featureEmployee demographic data
Has featureEmployment history
Has featureJob profiles and administration
Has featureWorkflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
Has featureBenefits information
Has featureOrganizational charting
Has featureOrganization and location management
Has featureCompliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)
Payroll Management Features
Has featurePay calculation
Has featureSupport for external payroll vendors
Has featureOff-cycle checks
Has featurePayroll history for each employee
Has featureBenefit plan administration
Has featureDirect deposit files
Has featurePayroll tracking and auditing
Has featureSalary revision and increment management
Has featureReimbursement management
Has featureStatutory form management
Leave and Attendance Management Features
Has featureApproval workflow
Has featureEmail notifications
Has featureBalance details
Has featureTravel absence management
Has featureAnnual carry-forward and encashment
Employee Self Service Features
Has featureEmployee login
Has featureView and generate pay and benefit information
Has featureUpdate personal information
Has featureRequest time off
Has featureView job history
Has featureView company policy documentation
Has featureView company news and information
Has featureEmployee recognition
Asset Management Features
Has featureTracking of all physical assets
Does not have featureAsset issue and transfer management
Does not have featureAsset return
Does not have featureWarranty and after-sales status maintenance contract tracking
HR Reporting Features
Has featureReport builder
Has featurePre-built reports
Has featureAbility to combine HR data with external data
Integration with other HR capabilities Features
Has featureAdditional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by same vendor
Has featureAdditional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by different vendor
Performance Management Features
Has featurePerformance plans
Has featurePerformance improvement plans
Has featureReview status tracking
Has featureReview reminders
Has featureMultiple review frequency
Succession Planning Features
Does not have featureCreate succession plans/pools
Does not have featureCandidate ranking
Does not have featureCandidate search
Does not have featureCandidate development
Onboarding Features
Has featureDuplicate Candidate Prevention
Has featureApplicant Tracking
Has featureNotifications and Alerts

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Screenshots

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Videos (3)

Watch Streamlined workflows improve the employee change request process, and help the company stay compliant.

Watch With Ceridian’s Dayforce, Chicago’s number one contractor gains more than a new HCM solution. It finds a partner that shares its values and keeps it on the cutting edge of technology.

Watch The growing fast-casual national restaurant chain streamlines the employee onboarding experience and says farewell to manual paper-based processes.

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Downloadables