https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/28/zA/GRRFZG7EG952.PNGDayforce has given me work life balanceWe use Ceridian Dayforce through out the company. We use it for all of our HR, Benefits, Payroll, and Talent. We purchased all modules.,It's all one platform. It's configurable to your company needs. The system follows the employee from hire to termination. All HR functions are done in Dayforce. No need to use another system it's all in one.,The implementation is very time-consuming. The way the data needs to be given to Ceridian needs to be more user-friendly.,9,Our overall monthly price had decreased using Ceridian Dayforce. We are saving 100K a year with Dayforce and it's a way better product.,Dayforce keeps us compliant with our overtime rules because being in California overtime is very specific and complicated to calculate. The FLSA OT rule has many facets and Dayforce does a great job in these calculations.,The scheduling for my organization has been a great asset. We have 24 hour residential programs and the scheduling was a nightmare. We used Excel spreadsheets. Now we are saving time in creating the schedules and it's more up to date information for the employees since it's real time and all the employee information is readily available.,,Concur Expense, Microsoft 365 Business,1500,6,Payroll Benefits Talent,Talent is now recruiting, hiring, and onboarding employees.,We have purchased most of the modules. I am hoping on implementing LMS and session planning.,10,Yes,Price Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor Analyst Reports,I wouldn't have changed a thing.Dayforce Customer - 3 YearsDayforce is our HCM system. We use it for HR, benefits, and payroll. Dayforce has allowed us to deploy self-service to our employees and managers. The employees love the self-service features. They can view their current and past pay statements, view their schedules using the mobile app, make changes to their deposit accounts, change tax withholding, and view company sent messages. Managers love the ease of scheduling and submitting position and pay changes through self service forms. We recently rolled out Performance and Compensation.,I especially like the Payroll module in Dayforce. For the first time in my 20+ year career I am able to combine multiple FEINs in a single pay group. This is a huge step forward, allowing us to consolidate our pay groups for more efficient processing. Overall, the payroll module is great. I love being able to add my own pay definitions, create my own deduction codes, and run off cycle payrolls without having to call support. I have been a Ceridian Tax Service customer longer than I have been a Dayforce customer. CTS is the best in the business. The year end reports in Dayforce make it easy to identify exceptions that need to be corrected now, making year end easier. Also, the tax functionality in Dayforce makes local tax compliance relatively easy. I really appreciate having the test environment. This is a huge help! We use the test environment to build out new functionality, test the new releases, and for training and troubleshooting.,There is no way to confirm that New Hire Reporting was done properly. In other systems I have used I could refer to reports to verify the NHR was compete and accurate. Dayforce has no such reports. Also, I've been contacted a couple of times from states where the NHR was not complete. The state compared the SUI quarterly filing to NHR and fined me for omissions that they claimed had not been reported by Dayforce/Ceridian. As much as I like the payroll module, it needs to move faster. We have a LOT of extra incentive payments that are calculated outside DF. This means we have to import into Quick Entry in Payroll. It can take up to 17 minutes sometimes to recalc payroll. That really slows us down at the end of our processing because we are reconciling and balancing every hour and dollar. If Dayforce would just MOVE and load faster and calculate faster we could reduce the time spent on payroll processing. Also, a common complaint overall is getting kicked out of the system, often multiple times a day, or even within the hour. The salary proration for mid pay period new hires and terms and rate changes is based on a Monday through Friday workweek. That is not accurate in our case. I'd like to be able to have it prorate over 7 days in a work week or choose a different work week.,8,We would have had to add more FTEs to our team had we not been able to leverage the self service functionality within Dayforce.,We have pay policies built to help us with CA overtime and meal break compliance. This is a big plus for us! Also we love the embedded payroll tax calculations. As a Pennsylvania employer, this was a huge time saver!,Before we used Dayforce, we were doing all the scheduling manually. Now we have a way to easily modify schedules and communicate schedules and changes to our employees. Having that functionality within our HCM system, makes it easier for everyone. Managers can use one system (Dayforce) to schedule, approve time off requests, process position and comp changes, and view reports.,,talentReefThe Cadillac of all HRISDayforce is being used by everyone within the organization. However, the principal client administrators are in HR and Payroll. The university has an HR team of two, so it is essential that they be able to complete their tasks quickly and efficiently to support 500 employees. However, the paper-based manual system they were using wasn’t conducive to meeting this goal. Despite its relatively small workforce, the university deals with three bargaining units, as well as non-union employees. The inherent complexities of this environment, combined with legacy systems and procedures in a growing institution, continued to challenge the payroll function and staff. In addition, USB was struggling to secure an HCM system that provided excellent customer service, ideally in French.,The university is using a number of modules, including Payroll, Time and Attendance, Workforce Management, and Recruiting, Onboarding and employees are actively engaging with the mobile application. All of these modules are user friendly and very effective. One of the strengths of Ceridian Dayforce for us is that it is the only HRIS that is bilingual. On top of that, customer service is their biggest strength. The testing environment helps clients to get familiar with all the changes within the system (technology evolves rapidly therefore it is key to stay up to date and they do this very well). If you need help, at any time, someone will genuinely help you.,Our biggest headache is employees that have more than one assignment. We have many within our workforce (i.e. a salaried employee who also has an hourly job within USB). Customized reporting is difficult to use. However, there are hundreds of reports already set up for clients and as mentioned previously, support is always there.,10,Having only migrated from a manual HR system in the past year and a half, USB staffers value Dayforce’s professional and present customer service. In addition, having access to tools, services and support in French facilitates and expedites tasks. We know that we have saved 1 hour 1/2 every pay period off the payroll admin now that timesheets are submitted and processed by a click.,It’s simple. One stop shop per say!Dayforce HCM AdvocateOur company uses the Dayforce system for the day-to-day payroll and HRIS duties. It aides us in management of our greatest expense, employee compensation and benefits. With this program we can have a singular view or an enterprise view of any aspect within the system. From onboarding to offboarding, we have connected the system as our system of record, time management and compensation for the employees. It is the operations resource for daily management of the employees.,Many of our employees are shared between locations, and several with multiple jobs as well. The one system record prevents us from having confusion on employee data, benefits or compensation. The one system record aides in compliance with labor law. The self-service function for the individual employees provides an opportunity for change, viewing or printing of their data without having to make an appointment with Human Resources. The self-service function cuts down on the HR department having to reprint check stubs or write income validations for employees. The employee can print it for themselves or view it on their data phone at their leisure. Our regional managers can report findings that are company specific, based on the information we built during implementation. Our ability to customize fields and flow of employee data allows us to manage it the way we work/run the company.,The customer support portal is the most problematic area. There have been great improvements from the beginning to now, but with customer support - there is always room for improvement. The system is costly, but it is a very robust system that is worth the cost if you work the entire system correctly.,10,It was hard to truly give a ROI for our change. We moved from a watered-down payroll software that we knew was not doing everything for us that it needed to do. What we anticipated was met and exceeded less than two years after our conversion. We had a better view and understanding of the holistic level of information, we had amazing control over the data and what to do with it - we leveled up our management capabilities under the new system. Our regional managers now have the ability to review their locations on a peer level or slice down into an individual location. In the previous software we only had the option of looking at one dedicated location at a time. The system would not allow us to share data from one location to another, and was problematic since we share LOTS of employees between locations. The capability to view and understand the company level information without having to pull dozens of reports to merge together. The reporting will let us pull as much or as little together in the scope to view.,Our organization lives in a per-patient-day (PPD) existence. If we admit or discharge multiple residents, it changes the need that we have on staffing levels. With our ability to dive directly into the daily, shift-level or week-level of time - then we can better forecast staffing change needs. With schedules, we can anticipate on measurable PPD data what needs we will most likely have in the next month and adjust our recruiting efforts on the same data. From the employee perspective, they like being able to view what their work yields to them in gross wages. Win-win for us.,Being in healthcare, compliance sets many rules and expectations for us. Adding in Payroll Based Journal (PBJ) reporting this year added another layer of compliance requirement. ACA, PBJ, DOL, Wage and Hour...there are so many agencies that rely on our accurate reporting capabilities, and our liability relies on it as well. The employees don't question the reliability of the software as it pertains to their payroll check. We have undergone several DOL routine audits and because of the good record-keeping and ability to export the data from the system - we have had minimal problems. We are required to report up several buildings payroll specific numbers for the DOL random auditing program. The system has been easy to configure data that aides in submitting these reports timely.,,,3,Predictive analytics ACCURATE time ACCURATE pay management of the employee data, using the full HRIS capabilities,PBJ Keeping up with licensure and certification renewals keeping up with immunizations and health card double checks transparent data access to upper management for items that formerly had to be scanned/emailed for information access,Not sure, will talk more about this with our team,10,Yes,Product Features Product Usability Vendor Reputation Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor Third-party Reviews,Not sure I would go a different route. I am satisfied with the Dayforce HCM product that we use. The only thing I may have changed would be to dive better into what the Operations team needed for individualized reports. These were easier to develop in the implementation period rather than later in the live environment.,Third-party professional services,Yes,Change management was a major issue with the implementation,As we brought on new locations in our ever-growing company, we would assume their pay periods and pay dates. Ceridian helped us to streamline this to a bi-weekly plan with two separate pay groups to better organize and economically forecast payroll costs. Training. They provided us with a great trainer to train our mid-level Human Resources team (that was responsible for training the locations), the payroll team and selected field representatives that acted as our guinea pigs for how to train the field as a whole. Ernesto came to our location for a week and was patient and thorough with the education. This was essential since we were still running another program for payroll output. (learning and working on separate programs can be very confusing!),9,Time Away Timesheets My HR Employee Detail,Schedules,Yes,10Dayforce is the one truly integrated, real-time system for all your needsCeridian Dayforce is used as our main HRIS throughout the whole organization. We use payroll, recruiting, timesheets, benefits, performance management and are in the process of setting up onboarding. The total integrations of Dayforce has created efficiencies for the Human Resources department as well as the bank as a whole.,Dayforce is in real time, which is a huge benefit with payroll and benefits processing. The integration of all modules allows you to avoid repetitive data entry and and cuts down on the chances of errors. Ceridian stays on top of all the latest needs and is continually upgrading the system. It is very user friendly and is geared towards the generations that are entering today's workforce.,Recruiting should be set up to allow edits when job descriptions, qualifications, etc. change. You currently have to build a new template and keep the outdated ones as well. I would like to see the ability to upload our current forms in the system. You have to be an XML expert to accomplish this now. There should be an easier option. This would add a huge efficiency to our organization. I would like to see a feature where our managers could make approvals through an email without logging into Dayforce. Many top level managers do not like taking this extra step and therefore are not a fan of the system. Making their life easier would increase top level buy-in.,10,We have accomplished a paperless environment for the Human Resources department which is a very positive impact. Once the Onboarding module is configured, we will be able to distribute duties differently, allowing for improved processes across the company. Dayforce keeps our company in line the with technology that today's workforce expects.,Ceridian Dayforce has allowed us to better monitor overtime across the company and report those that are not in compliance. We are also going to be able to add all our compliance-related annual forms in the near future, creating a better flow and tracking than the current process.,The single application was the major selling point for our company. We went from a Frankenstein version of five different systems to one application with Dayforce. Having all the data in one application helps managers with hiring and compensation decisions within their departments. The managers like being able to process time and all other HR related tasks from one system.,,Adobe Acrobat DC, Skillsoft Academy
Ceridian Dayforce

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Reviews

Ceridian Dayforce HCM
Top Rated Award
Filter 272 vetted Ceridian Dayforce HCM reviews and ratings
October 19, 2018

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Review: "Dayforce has given me work life balance"

• It's all one platform.
  • It's configurable to your company needs.
  • The system follows the employee from hire to termination. All HR functions are done in Dayforce. No need to use another system it's all in one.
  • The implementation is very time-consuming. The way the data needs to be given to Ceridian needs to be more user-friendly.
The payroll through Dayforce is going to save my company at least one day of processing. Where we came from we had to process 9 payrolls because we have 9 legal entities. Now with Dayforce, I run one payroll.
Read Nivea Fernandez's full review
October 19, 2018

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Review: "Dayforce Customer - 3 Years"

• I especially like the Payroll module in Dayforce. For the first time in my 20+ year career I am able to combine multiple FEINs in a single pay group. This is a huge step forward, allowing us to consolidate our pay groups for more efficient processing. Overall, the payroll module is great. I love being able to add my own pay definitions, create my own deduction codes, and run off cycle payrolls without having to call support.
  • I have been a Ceridian Tax Service customer longer than I have been a Dayforce customer. CTS is the best in the business. The year end reports in Dayforce make it easy to identify exceptions that need to be corrected now, making year end easier. Also, the tax functionality in Dayforce makes local tax compliance relatively easy.
  • I really appreciate having the test environment. This is a huge help! We use the test environment to build out new functionality, test the new releases, and for training and troubleshooting.
  • There is no way to confirm that New Hire Reporting was done properly. In other systems I have used I could refer to reports to verify the NHR was compete and accurate. Dayforce has no such reports. Also, I've been contacted a couple of times from states where the NHR was not complete. The state compared the SUI quarterly filing to NHR and fined me for omissions that they claimed had not been reported by Dayforce/Ceridian.
  • As much as I like the payroll module, it needs to move faster. We have a LOT of extra incentive payments that are calculated outside DF. This means we have to import into Quick Entry in Payroll. It can take up to 17 minutes sometimes to recalc payroll. That really slows us down at the end of our processing because we are reconciling and balancing every hour and dollar. If Dayforce would just MOVE and load faster and calculate faster we could reduce the time spent on payroll processing. Also, a common complaint overall is getting kicked out of the system, often multiple times a day, or even within the hour.
  • The salary proration for mid pay period new hires and terms and rate changes is based on a Monday through Friday workweek. That is not accurate in our case. I'd like to be able to have it prorate over 7 days in a work week or choose a different work week.
Dayforce is great for companies who want to build employee engagement and change the way they move employee data. If you don't like change, and want things to stay the way they are, Dayforce may not be for you. Be prepared to invest in training for the system admins and the end users.
Read Mary Sheeley's full review
October 18, 2018

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Review: "The Cadillac of all HRIS"

• The university is using a number of modules, including Payroll, Time and Attendance, Workforce Management, and Recruiting, Onboarding and employees are actively engaging with the mobile application. All of these modules are user friendly and very effective.
  • One of the strengths of Ceridian Dayforce for us is that it is the only HRIS that is bilingual.
  • On top of that, customer service is their biggest strength. The testing environment helps clients to get familiar with all the changes within the system (technology evolves rapidly therefore it is key to stay up to date and they do this very well). If you need help, at any time, someone will genuinely help you.
  • Our biggest headache is employees that have more than one assignment. We have many within our workforce (i.e. a salaried employee who also has an hourly job within USB).
  • Customized reporting is difficult to use. However, there are hundreds of reports already set up for clients and as mentioned previously, support is always there.
If you are looking to empower your employees to track their vacation and sick days, Dayforce is the best system for that! It has significantly reduced the number of inquiries to the HR and payroll teams, and managers appreciate being able to field requests remotely, via the mobile app. Dispensing with paper-based time sheets has saved money, reduced the impact on the environment and freed up a significant amount of time for all concerned. The biweekly alert reminding employees to input or approve hours has eliminated the need for labour-intensive follow-ups.
Read Julie Belley's full review
October 16, 2018

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Review: "Dayforce HCM Advocate"

• Many of our employees are shared between locations, and several with multiple jobs as well. The one system record prevents us from having confusion on employee data, benefits or compensation. The one system record aides in compliance with labor law.
  • The self-service function for the individual employees provides an opportunity for change, viewing or printing of their data without having to make an appointment with Human Resources. The self-service function cuts down on the HR department having to reprint check stubs or write income validations for employees. The employee can print it for themselves or view it on their data phone at their leisure.
  • Our regional managers can report findings that are company specific, based on the information we built during implementation. Our ability to customize fields and flow of employee data allows us to manage it the way we work/run the company.
  • The customer support portal is the most problematic area. There have been great improvements from the beginning to now, but with customer support - there is always room for improvement.
  • The system is costly, but it is a very robust system that is worth the cost if you work the entire system correctly.
It seems to me that Dayforce HCM is geared more to a larger company or a company with multiple sites. For a small company, this system may be too robust for their use.
Read jennifer soccio's full review
October 16, 2018

Ceridian Dayforce HCM: "Dayforce is the one truly integrated, real-time system for all your needs"

• Dayforce is in real time, which is a huge benefit with payroll and benefits processing.
  • The integration of all modules allows you to avoid repetitive data entry and and cuts down on the chances of errors.
  • Ceridian stays on top of all the latest needs and is continually upgrading the system. It is very user friendly and is geared towards the generations that are entering today's workforce.
  • Recruiting should be set up to allow edits when job descriptions, qualifications, etc. change. You currently have to build a new template and keep the outdated ones as well.
  • I would like to see the ability to upload our current forms in the system. You have to be an XML expert to accomplish this now. There should be an easier option. This would add a huge efficiency to our organization.
  • I would like to see a feature where our managers could make approvals through an email without logging into Dayforce. Many top level managers do not like taking this extra step and therefore are not a fan of the system. Making their life easier would increase top level buy-in.
Dayforce is well suited for those that are looking for a totally integrated system that works in real time. It would be fantastic for those in retail or manufacturing as well. It has many features that we do not utilize that those in different environments could utilize well.
Read Deann Sowels, SPHR, SHRM-SCP's full review
October 14, 2018

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Review: "How Dayforce WFM v6.44 has brought us into the 21st century!"

Dayforce WFM (one of the HCM modules) is being used across the whole organization. It is our primary workforce management (WFM) tool, encompassing time and attendance in all its aspects: hourly employees punch in using biometric clocks; salary non-exempt employees use the web-clock feature for recording their work time; all employees use the Time Away From Work (TAFW) feature to submit time off requests. It is also used by the HR/Payroll department for the processing of hours worked and paid time off. The Attendance Module has been especially helpful, as we have four different bargaining agreements, each with different rules and policies regarding attendance, absenteeism, and the various types of available premium pay. Not only have we been able to configure individual pay policies to reflect these requirements, but it has also enabled us to eliminate the use of old-fashioned paper calendars and spreadsheets for calculating available time off and the no-fault points system. It has increased the accuracy of our records as well as productivity of our HR representatives, leaving them with more time to better support their plant.
  • The Time Off Request system is fantastic! It has done away with all the old paper submission forms and employee calendars. It also streamlines the process. It is submitted, reviewed, approved all in the system and then automatically updates the employees' timesheets and attendance calendars.
  • The Attendance Module has reduced the amount of additional manual record keeping such as spreadsheets, and also given the supervisors a tool to see the accumulation of points in real-time, versus waiting for a weekly or monthly report to be completed and distributed.
  • We have six different payrolls, each with varying pay period end dates and pay frequencies. Dayforce is able to handle the variety without any issues.
  • I attended the new Dayforce FIT session for WFM at this year's Insights conference. It has greatly increased my ability to make configuration changes to my product without having to open as many support tickets as in the past, which also translates into big savings.
  • I would love it if Dayforce included an FMLA module. So much of the information needed for accurate tracking already exists right in the system. We are left with the decision to either continue our in-house manual process or to find a stand-alone software to assist us with the cumbersome administration.
  • The TAFW module does not yet provide the ability to limit security access of non-exempt employees to be able to run reports for their own information.
  • We are a union work environment, and as such have employees with multiple rates of pay for different jobs. Currently, premium pay such as "Team Lead" can only be calculated by the system when they work their primary job assignment. It does not automatically get picked up and included on the timesheet when the employee works an alternate job.
I would not recommend Ceridian Dayforce to small business or to anyone that does not have a real payroll professional on their HR team. While not the most user-friendly application available, it is definitely the most powerful and the most well equipped to handle more complicated payroll situations such as unions, rotating shifts, etc. Prospective customers should know exactly what they need to get out of their payroll system (such as history and reporting), as well as knowing all the payroll policies and practices that are unique to their industry and/or company. For example, one of our unions has a requirement that if an employee comes in early and works before their scheduled shift they should be paid overtime. We have a separate policy that says anything over 8 hours in a work day should be overtime. In this example, the hours worked before the scheduled shift (and any accompanying premium pay or shift differential) is paid at overtime - and the scheduled shift (which is being worked after already working 8 hours) is paid at straight time. This happens a lot. If the system could not handle this calculation, we would not have gone with the Ceridian Dayforce product.

Ceridian Dayforce has provided us the reporting tools necessary to audit
and clean-up our database. In conjunction with
Having the ability to further
configure our pay policies in Dayforce, manual payroll entries have
been reduced by 67% and off-cycle paychecks to correct payroll errors has been reduced by 50%. Additionally, it provided us the ability to
fully automate payment of our separate vacation and
alternate job rates, reducing the
administration time by 100%. In return, this has greatly reduced the overall rate of grievances filed by union employees.

Read Bethann DuBois's full review
August 10, 2018

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Review: "A Very Stable HCM Platform"

Dayforce is used by our third-party billing entity that provides staff within our organization. Hospital employed leadership is, therefore, able to manage the payroll and recruitment needs for their positions. Dayforce has been a very simple tool that allows a complex medical center to share manage their resources effectively. Without the generation of shared access across multiple entities, there would be a severe disruption in our ability to process payroll for all team members and collect accurate salary cost data.
  • A very intuitive system that can be done with minimal training or timesheet understanding.
  • Customization so language and pay codes can be crafted to meet organization policy.
  • Allows for notification outside of the system to better stay on top of requests.
  • There are pop-up features when looking back or triggering any retroactive features that "increases clicks" and causes frustration
  • Some security features also make work redundant to change/update a timecard
  • More consolidated options for recruitment - these features are fairly elementary
Seems to be a very high functioning system. There have been regular updates in the 1 year I've been using it, and the updates provided by the system administrator have been timely and clear. Very simple to add users and hierarchy to better serve all end users. Great tool for any small to a large organization for their workforce management needs!
Used primarily as a payroll portal for my personal needs. It allows accurate and effective timekeeping for my staff. Great opportunity to correctly code and document hours worked that ensure compliance with both company policies as well as federal labor laws. The staff ability to manage their own time card and pay is also a plus and provides a level of empowerment to the employees.
Read John Pavarini's full review
October 20, 2018

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Review: "Amazing!!!"

Ceridian Dayforce is being used globally across the entire organization for self-service for employees and managers, payroll, HR, time tracking, time off, reporting HCM, etc., and we absolutely love it!! The workflows make life easier for processes, the roles for security and self-service features are a life saver.
  • Payroll
  • Timesheets
  • Time away
  • Benefits
  • New hire on boarding
  • Workflows
  • Security
  • Accuracy
  • The approval process of manual entries. We use this for restricted stock vesting and having to manually approve every single entry one by one needs to be fixed
  • Silverlight
  • Truly handle global companies. So when moving someone from one country to the next, we shouldn’t have to to term and hire in other pay group to avoid the person dropping off of reporting from the former pay group
Ceridian Dayforce has saved time, work hours and frustrations amongst admin users to CEO.
Compliance of taxes. Local taxes, exact taxes based on lived in and worked in states, and reciprocity legal reporting
Read April Morgan's full review
October 19, 2018

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Review: "Dayforce is Great HCM"

We are using Dayforce for My HR, Payroll, and WFM and we are using this product across Canada in 6 of our plants and our head office.
  • I am very pleased and satisfied with the Ceridian Dayforce support team. They are very professional, helpful and knowledgeable.
  • Very excited that Payroll is able to provide constant calculation
  • I am very pleased with the Training Guides that allow me to create my own Balances and Entitlements
  • I would like to have a field for a primary manager, especially when an employee has 3 to 4 managers that they report to at any time. Having 3 to 4 managers per employee shows duplicate rows when reporting.
I am very pleased to have the constant calculation feature in the Payroll module. The schedules and timesheets seem to be working well for our company.
Our setup for Overtime for plants and plants that are unionized is very beneficial
Read Donna Bird's full review
October 19, 2018

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Review: "Way to Payroll!"

We implemented the time and attendance and entitlement modules in 2013 throughout the entire company. This replaced paper timesheets, manual data entry, and an old problematic entitlements system. We just implemented and went live with the payroll and benefits modules in July 2018. This replaced a Ceridian legacy system and eliminated the need to interface the two systems and streamlines the payroll process.
  • The "continuous calculations" make it easy to see the effects of changes in real time
  • The ability to enter data for multiple pay periods at once reduces the chances of missing something later on
  • The ease of enrolling employees in elected benefits
  • How adjustments to entitlements are made. Right now for our full time vacation it's like try to balance 2 moving targets
So far it seems to be great! We are still working out some bugs, but that's to be expected since we're still so new on it. I think we have reduced our payroll processing by at least a half day if not more. I would like to see HR implement the recruiting and performance review modules as I can see a benefit for that department, but they're a tough sell!
It works like a charm! We have been able to set up all of the union rulings along with federal and provincial.
Read Taylor Jacobs's full review
October 19, 2018

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Review: "Save time and resource"

We use Ceridian at 27 branches and 80 childcare sites to track HR and process payroll for around 2500 employees.
  • One source for HR and payroll data.
  • Love the ability to create custom topics and reports.
  • Really appreciate the ability to export data out through Data and the functionality of web services.
  • Would like the ability for users to do what if scenario with benefit enrollments. This feature was in HPL.
  • Sometimes support is a bit of a challenge in getting a fix back on time as well as the knowledge skill of some of the support staff.
Ceridian answers the need for a system in the cloud. Less IT resources needed to maintain application.
An employee can’t argue about the time worked because they did the time punching. Dayforce help us comply with regulations.
Read Cindy Lee's full review
October 19, 2018

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Review: "HRForce!"

It is primarily being used as an administration tool for HR and payroll purposes. Longer term it will be rolled out for employee access and use.
  • It integrates well across modules, so you are only configuring once!
  • Stable. Once you get to a point of functionality it is not an ongoing project to keep up and running.
  • Being handed off to support doesn’t mean you are one your own. This is important because with some products that is how it feels!
  • Wish it would load into the browser quicker. Why is this the case? Should be less of a data load than a GUI.
  • A little more transition time from implementation to support. Would make it easier for user and support. Key here would be transition not handoff.
Dayforce is particularly well suited for direct payroll and HR functions. This has been the Ceridian area of excellence for years. Workflow and recruiting will be nice additions for me but have yet to be used by my organization. Based upon networking at INSIGHTS this functionality appears to work well enough that I am looking forward to using in the future.
Compliance, and ability to prove, with our bargaining units is much improved versus prior paper and worksheet management.

Related tracking and management of benefits eligibility is much improved.

Missing link is vacation tracking and payment for one of our bargaining units. Seems as if we have the only SEIU contact on Ceridian (52 week look back for vacation pay.)
Read Brian Seholm's full review
October 18, 2018

Ceridian Dayforce HCM: "Dayforce review"

Dayforce is used company-wide for all HRIS and payroll functions.
  • Dayforce is robust enough to function for a variety of different service lines
  • Because of Dayforce's ability to be customized, it makes the program extremely self-service. As a new user of Dayforce, this can be a huge challenge.
  • A new user training webinar or education center to Dayforce, whether for HR or Payroll, would be helpful for new users.
Well suited for organizations with simplified pay types (hourly, salaried)

My organization is structured differently so streamlining the payroll process has been challenging within dayforce
Dayforce makes open enrollment for benefits much more streamlined. Being cloud-based, it's much more accessible for our associates to view their options and make their choices rather than having to come into the office. It also saves our benefits administrator a lot of time not having to meet with all 430+ associates individually.
Read Kaci Hall's full review
October 17, 2018

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Review: "Uses Dayforce daily!!!"

We use the Dayforce program for payroll, benefits, and WFM. Our entire company uses Dayforce - for timesheets, PTO, and many other things.
  • Timesheets are great and the use of the app for our employees is important
  • Paying all employees automatically added
  • Not having to touch every single employee every time!
  • Employees being able to reset their own passwords if they have their accounts and alerts set up correctly!
  • Employees original login should be a bit simpler!
  • Reports - not super user-friendly!
  • Need more and more and more in reporting!
  • Taxes! Very different from HPW - still learning after a year on Dayforce!
We would be drowning in a payroll river if it wasn’t for Dayforce! Our company has grown and grown and Dayforce has made it simple and manageable most of the time!
Limits with 401k, wages, taxes all work great!
Read Lynda O'Neill's full review
October 17, 2018

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Review: "Constantly implementing new modules"

We currently use it for the U.S. and are in the process of implementing Canada. And with that said going global with Dayforce People it in the near future. Dayforce will allow us to report across the company for turnover and head count reporting, just to mention a few.
  • HR Reporting
  • Payroll
  • Self-service
  • Benefits needs to be better on the reporting side, it is hard to allow the benefits team to do their own report for audit and the many reports that are needed to out side vendors.
  • The speed of the system after they moved away from Silverlight
  • Developing rule for entitlements
I cannot give it a complete 10, due to the fact it is a growing system and implementation still needs to be improved on and other areas, we are implementing recruiting currently and feel we could of had more meetings to help our comfort level during the process. For the price, this is definitely the best on the market, and let's face to be ahead in the market like Ceridian is, you have to be constantly creating and improving. I would give Ceridian a 10 for listening to their clients.
It is very easy, our taxes are taken care of with the work that Ceridian has done on the payroll taxation side for us. To set up eligibilities for benefits we have been very successful.
Read Beth Stevens's full review
September 06, 2018

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Review: "Dayforce is a True All-In-One Product"

Dayforce is being used for all of our HR needs throughout our organization. It has enabled us to eliminate additional vendors since it is a comprehensive, all-in-one product.
  • It has made our payroll processing at least twice as fast.
  • The benefits module is robust, yet simple to use. It is another huge time saver.
  • I know it seems silly, but having the employee's profile picture in the system, actually helps tremendously and assists with getting to know employees, remembering their names, etc.
  • I think that the recruiting module has room for improvement. I used a different vendor for this portion of HR in the past, and it was much easier to use. On the bright side, I heard the in the next upgrade, Ceridian will be addressing some of these issues.
  • Ceridian is constantly upgrading its product. I LOVE this about them, but it does take some time to get used to new modules when they are released.
  • Their reporting module is rough. It's hard to create your own reports and when reports are run, they come out funky. This is supposed to be addressed in their next upgrade as well.
Ceridian is EXCELLENT at supporting their Live customers. Their support team is always helpful and professional. We didn't have the best luck with our implementation team, but their customer support team more than makes up for that. Constant updates and upgrades to the system show their dedication to customer satisfaction.
Overtime is completely automated within payroll.
Dayforce has a very easy to create ACA reporting tool.
Read Deanna Hoppe's full review
September 05, 2018

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Review: "Leading the Pack in Innovation!"

Ceridian Dayforce HCM is currently being used by HR, Payroll, Department Managers and Supervisors. Our goal is to implement self-service for all employees to use. We purchased Dayforce because of the fact that it is an all-in-one software solution and we wanted to have more transparency in regards to analytics and managing business needs.
  • Dayforce is hands down the leader of innovation when it comes to HCM. They think creatively and use customer feedback to improve their system.
  • They have excellent customer resources.
  • Their system is all-in-one and live and on demand which is crucial when you have so many things in motion.
  • Implementation: They need more seasoned / senior consultants to help customers during implementation. Very limited resources in regards to implementation support.
  • Security could improve in regards to how granular it can go. Right now, you can't nail down security based on a Pay Group and I would like to see that happen.
  • Professional Services could be a little quicker and more accessible. It seems that a lot of the professional services are in other time zones which makes it difficult to get projects completed quickly.
Overall, I am highly satisfied with Ceridian Dayforce. They see the future and are willing to make the changes needed to keep them ahead of the pack. Their Benefits, ACA, Payroll, WFM, Performance Management, Learning and Compensation modules are amazing. So well though out and work together so you can see the whole picture. The security and features could use some improvement.
This is the first payroll solution that can handle California's OT and Alternative Work Schedule rules. Also, ACA reporting was a breeze last year and the ability to audit and see issues right away is relieving.
Read Margaret Clements's full review
July 03, 2018

Review: "Ceridian Dayforce has made our company more efficient and cost-effective... it can do the same for yours!"

Dayforce is being used across the whole organization from scheduling and labor management at the restaurants, to HRIS, payroll and recruiting in the HR dept, this system has allowed our organization to process data in real-time for more accurate and efficient business practices.
  • All-in-one comprehensive system
  • Customer support
  • Staying on top of the most innovative technology and customer needs
  • Educating their customers on their system
  • They are switching from Silverlight to HTML and it is causing some slowness that I hope improves when all modules are on HTML.
Dayforce is well-suited for large companies, global companies and multiple pay groups. I think it is less appropriate for organizations that prefer to outsource their payroll.
If there are any policies or rules that aren't automatically automated by Ceridian Dayforce then the system is easily configured to make sure you are compliant.
Read Lisa Ressie's full review
October 19, 2018

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Review: "Excited to see what’s to come"

It’s being used across the entire company.

It allows the company to be on a single integrated platform. Communication is improved and information is shared more effectively.
  • Access to information instantly
  • Transparency
  • Efficiency
  • Offer letter sign off within system by candidate
  • It’s great if you are trying to engage employees
  • Need to have buy-in from the top
We are still trying to figure out compliance items but has def helped with payroll compliance
Read Manpreet Batoo's full review
October 19, 2018

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Review: "Dayforce"

We use Dayforce across the whole organization.
  • Dayforce provides alternate routes for communication between managers and their team members with conversations - Outside of your typical email.
  • Dayforce is on its way to become more user friendly and less manual. Every upgrade I'm noticing more steps getting eliminated in certain processes and different sections in Dayforce are talking to each other.
  • Dayforce PEOPLE section currently does not house employee files. This is a major problem for our organization.
  • Have a more user friendly route to read PTO balances for employees.
  • The ability to print out all pay stubs at one time, rather than have to go through every one to print out.
I placed a 7 because it seems things are always breaking. Every hotfix or upgrade something goes wrong that affects the whole organization, then to fix what was working fine but now broken takes until the next upgrade.
Read Stephanie Rangel's full review
October 18, 2018

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Review: "Good general product that does what we want it to"

Ceridian Dayforce is used in our corporate headquarters and is used across the organization for time and attendance, benefits and payroll.
  • Dayforce does time and attendance well
  • The software does not seem intuitive in the placement of information
For our hourly and salaried employees, it performs well to calculate pay in WFM and then pay them in Payroll.
It has enabled us to remain compliant with our payroll
Read Brian Davies's full review
October 18, 2018

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Review: "Instant results"

We use the entire offering. WFM, payroll, comp, performance. Comp and performance are still in implementation and we have been live on HCM, payroll since July 2018
  • Employee portal is user friendly. We get great feedback from employees on ease of forms.
  • From a payroll perspective the ability to have preview variance is invaluable.
  • The ease of off cycle processing. This is very good since qe are in immediate pay states.
  • Implementation. We found ourselves managing Ceridian implementation team. Data loads were inadequate and as a customer I would expect Ceridian to review their work.
  • Too many bugs. The notifications are nearly impossible to keep up with.
  • System performance.
10 for the product but I would recommend an outside consultant to get through implementation.
We have found the assignment if taxes automatically is for the most part accurate. We have had 2 issues if incorrect taxes. Not sure if this is BSI or Dayforce.
Read Diane Penegor's full review
October 17, 2018

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Review: "Love DayforceHCM"

It is used across the whole organization from entering new hires, open enrollment, payroll self service for employees to update direct deposit and W4s.
  • Open enrollment - easy to set up and enroll and great audit reports
  • Entering new hires is easy and pay change form is easy
  • I don’t deal with payroll side but love that when you enter benefits it flows to payroll and reports are easy to use to audit
  • Writing reports is so easy to edit and find topics.
  • Self service for manager easier way to have employees not see others in the same dept.
  • I have trouble following the guides sometime says you need to look at pages to find answers and there needs to be a search hard to find guides
Cobra should be automatic
Help with ACA keeping up with tax changes.
Read Krista Hunter's full review
October 17, 2018

Ceridian Dayforce HCM: "Like having an integrated package with Ceridian!"

DayForce is being used across our entire organization - from scheduling and timekeeping to HR, Benefits, and Payroll. We are adding the recruiting and performance shortly.
  • Fully integrated
  • Customizable
  • Complete move to HTML
  • Speed of system
As this system is fully integrated it works well with companies with large hourly, non-exempt personnel.
We have stream-lined union reporting tasks and are currently working on verifying data for federal reporting such as VETS reporting.
Read Linda Lavin, CPP's full review
October 16, 2018

Ceridian Dayforce HCM: "Dayforce Review"

[It's used] Organization wide. [Dayforce is] Used for recruiting, scheduling, timekeeping, and payroll.
  • 360 feedback - Ceridian listens to reviews from its customers
  • Mobile app - very simple to use and capable
  • Timekeeping - easy to navigate errors and easy to revise time sheet data
  • HR record maintenance - people module is still running on MS Silverlight
  • Payroll election audit data - can not track edits to payroll elections, which is where regular deductions are entered
  • Custom reporting - topic builder is not user-friendly and custom reporting fields are difficult to create without additional training and/or guidance from Ceridian support
For employee populations that are on the go, or must perform actions primarily via mobile, Dayforce is great because their mobile app is so easy to use and packs a lot of functionality.
Read Bridget Dempsey's full review

Employee demographic data (86)
Employment history (91)
Job profiles and administration (92)
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc. (97)
Organizational charting (89)
Organization and location management (93)
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.) (61)
Pay calculation (103)
Support for external payroll vendors (45)
Benefit plan administration (80)
Direct deposit files (93)
Salary revision and increment management (68)
Reimbursement management (43)
Approval workflow (93)
Balance details (97)
Annual carry-forward and encashment (76)
View and generate pay and benefit information (100)
9.4
Update personal information (100)
View company policy documentation (59)
Employee recognition (37)
View job history (80)
Tracking of all physical assets (14)
Report builder (105)
Pre-built reports (105)
Ability to combine HR data with external data (73)
New hire portal (63)
Manager tracking tools (58)
Corporate goal setting (29)
Individual goal setting (30)
Line-of sight-visibility (27)
Performance tracking (32)
Performance plans (31)
Performance improvement plans (28)
Review status tracking (32)
Review reminders (32)
Multiple review frequency (28)
Create succession plans/pools (1)
Job Requisition Management (45)
Company Website Posting (43)
Publish to Social Media (42)
Job Search Site Posting (43)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (35)
Applicant Tracking (45)
Notifications and Alerts (46)

About Ceridian Dayforce HCM

Dayforce is a global human capital management (HCM) platform that transforms the employee experience. It unifies data from across the entire employee lifecycle to enable better decision-making at every level. Dayforce is a comprehensive cloud platform that combines HR, payroll, benefits, workforce management, and talent management in a single application. Our scalable platform is built with a single, flexible rules engine combined with real-time updates and calculations that help address complex regulatory requirements.

Dayforce offers:

• Continuous pay calculation: This means that pay is calculated continuously throughout the pay period, giving administrators the time they need to produce high-quality pay.
  • One application: With data stored in a single, central location, get data-driven insights across all HR functions so you can make better decisions for the entire employee lifecycle.
  • Actionable insights: Dayforce provides critical data-driven insights to help you make fast, informed decision.
  • Anytime, anywhere access: Access Dayforce using the device of your choice on web or mobile.

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Features

Human Resource Management Features
Has featureEmployee demographic data
Has featureEmployment history
Has featureJob profiles and administration
Has featureWorkflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
Has featureBenefits information
Has featureOrganizational charting
Has featureOrganization and location management
Has featureCompliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)
Payroll Management Features
Has featurePay calculation
Has featureSupport for external payroll vendors
Has featureOff-cycle checks
Has featurePayroll history for each employee
Has featureBenefit plan administration
Has featureDirect deposit files
Has featurePayroll tracking and auditing
Has featureSalary revision and increment management
Has featureReimbursement management
Has featureStatutory form management
Leave and Attendance Management Features
Has featureApproval workflow
Has featureEmail notifications
Has featureBalance details
Has featureTravel absence management
Has featureAnnual carry-forward and encashment
Employee Self Service Features
Has featureEmployee login
Has featureView and generate pay and benefit information
Has featureUpdate personal information
Has featureRequest time off
Has featureView job history
Has featureView company policy documentation
Has featureView company news and information
Has featureEmployee recognition
Asset Management Features
Has featureTracking of all physical assets
Does not have featureAsset issue and transfer management
Does not have featureAsset return
Does not have featureWarranty and after-sales status maintenance contract tracking
HR Reporting Features
Has featureReport builder
Has featurePre-built reports
Has featureAbility to combine HR data with external data
Integration with other HR capabilities Features
Has featureAdditional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by same vendor
Has featureAdditional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by different vendor
Performance Management Features
Has featureDuplicate Candidate Prevention
Has featureApplicant Tracking
Has featureNotifications and Alerts

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Screenshots

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Videos (3)

Watch Streamlined workflows improve the employee change request process, and help the company stay compliant.

Watch With Ceridian’s Dayforce, Chicago’s number one contractor gains more than a new HCM solution. It finds a partner that shares its values and keeps it on the cutting edge of technology.

Watch The growing fast-casual national restaurant chain streamlines the employee onboarding experience and says farewell to manual paper-based processes.

Ceridian Dayforce HCM Downloadables