Overall Satisfaction with HealthStream
HealthStream is used by the entire hospital system. It allows departments to assign mandatory training to their employees to ensure everyone is on the same page. There are also learning assignments that the entire enterprise gets. They can be set to retake the course every x months to ensure continued learning. It allows employees to complete training on their own time since everyone in the hospital is so busy it makes simple training available online instead of requiring in-person training.
- Extremely broad customization. Each task or assignment can be distributed to everyone, a department, a role, etc.
- Easy interface: it doesn't require a bunch of pop-ups, everything just flows.
- Minimal requirements: most courses just need a browser, no plug-ins or additional features.
- Hard to ensure learning retention since employees can simply click through the modules if they choose.
- It doesn't remind the employees via email that assignments are due, you have to log in to the site to see that.
- It has allowed us to easily and consistently ensure compliance standards in the ever-changing healthcare field.
- We have been able to keep in-person training for specific hands-on needs and provide flexibility to the staff with HealthStream assignments.
- My Learning
The interface for HealthStream is 1000x better than My Learning. I still struggle to find my assignments and upcoming in person training on My Learning. It is not intuitive and doesn't have a dashboard when you sign on to see everything at once. HealthStream lets me easily see my assignments, their due dates, and any upcoming dates.
It is extremely helpful for assigning learning opportunities to staff members. You can easily choose which assignments are necessary for which roles and departments. If items should be revisited annually you can easily configure that setting so the course reassigns each year. This feature is super helpful for compliance measures. It is not practical if hands on learning is required. In healthcare there are many things that can be addressed via HealthStream but you have to understand the limits - we wouldn't teach CPR via an online module.