Overall Satisfaction with HipChat
Our entire organization uses HipChat on a daily basis. It's a great tool to quickly share ideas, such as new games coming out, with each other. Our admins also inform us of company events such as free ice cream in the break room, in a timely manner so the ice cream does not melt. These usages are very effective. I did not give HipChat a 10 however, because there is a bug that happens any time we install an update, it seems to break something. You also cannot stay logged in for too long or it stops working entirely. This is annoying and inefficient.
- Group notifications of company wide events such as meetings.
- Sharing of ideas and proposals and marketing wins.
- Collaborating on documents when team members are off site.
- Installing updates sometimes causes new bugs or entire crashes.
- Staying logged into HipChat for more than a few days causes it to lock up forcing a restart and re-login.
- If you are locked out of HipChat and forced to re-log in, there is no notification.