HotSchedules: A Hot Way To Schedule!https://www.trustradius.com/restaurant-managementHotSchedulesUnspecified7.72211012017-07-18T21:45:29.200Z
July 18, 2017
HotSchedules: A Hot Way To Schedule!
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with HotSchedules
We use HotSchedules for scheduling, messaging and as a time clock across several departments including food and beverage (front of house and back), the golf shop, and our golf course maintenance department. This addresses several business problems for us including managing requests, offering an online messaging portal and keeping an on eye on our labor.
- It is a great scheduling platform. As its main focus, it is easy to use for management and our staff.
- It makes managing requests for our staff very easy and efficient. For managers, it is simple to manage these requests.
- Its reporting features are great. It's always nice to be able to quickly pull a report outlining just the information you are looking for.
- The Time Clock feature could definitely use some help. We have to manually review each person's hours to make sure they didn't miss a punch. If we don't do this, it will manually clock them out at 4 am, in effect paying them for a very long day that they didn't work.
- You should be able to copy and paste shifts when scheduling non-house shifts. Let's say I am scheduling for a special event and I need 10 servers in at 5 pm to serve, I have to manually enter all of those instead of being able to just schedule one and copy and paste it to everyone else.
- When messaging, you should be able to respond to messages directly from your email like you can on Shift Note.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
- Shift Note
We think HotSchedules is a far superior scheduling platform, however, Shift Note is a far stronger logbook platform. We now have to use both because HotSchedules' logbook was so inferior. The way you communicate and can correspond directly to the logbook from your email relay is very, very helpful. Ascetically Shift Note is superior.
We have found that while using HotSchedules we can create a schedule more efficiently, saving valuable time for our managers. Our managers are also able to keep better track and honor requests off because of the shift swapping and request features. We are also able to increase the reach of our communications through the messaging features.
If you are scheduling for more than 10 employees and their schedules vary greatly from week to week, then I would recommend HotSchedules. If you have less employees than 10 or if your schedule is the same from week to week, then I would not recommend HotSchedules for your business.