- The tracking system is really useful to determine how many times a lead has been touched, this allows us to track ROI and pinpoint exactly where and when we captured a lead, and what actions it took to nurture them to a Sales Qualified Lead and finally to a Closed/Won Customer.
- The reporting features are useful in determining ROI on campaigns, specifically for Social Media, which has always been a problem for us to measure in the past.
- The Smart CTA (Calls to Action) functions allows us to create unique, relevant and personalized content tailored to our audience, thereby improving our lead nurturing campaigns.
- Sometimes it's difficult to figure out how something works without doing research outside of the application. Language can often be confusing within the application. It's definitely improved since our initial use and continues to do so.
- The number of steps it takes to make styling and template changes is aggravating. To change a button color, for example, one would have to go back into the style manager which lives in an entirely separate area, either edit or clone the current style (in case you only wanted it changed on ONE page), and then return to the landing page editor and re-apply the style.
- It's still difficult to ascertain ROI on our campaigns because our sales cycle can take almost a year. I believe, however, that we can at least measure the effectiveness of campaigns on generating leads, for example, that were once difficult to measure, such as in social media.
It's usefulness to our sales and marketing team has made it an integral part of our company workflow. My only issue is with its terrible email management system (we do email blasts that lead to soft bounces, which leads to ineligibility status on some of our leads, which should not have occurred). Sometimes I find myself confused with the Salesforce integration functions and the support team is unable to resolve issues.
To Hubspot: Please update your support documents to apply to the latest version of your application. A lot of your current documents are outdated, and because they aren't dated, I'm not sure if it applies. The database has definitely improved significantly and I think it's a much more robust experience.