"IBM Cognos Review"https://www.trustradius.com/business-intelligence-biIBM CognosUnspecified7.33101012013-10-31T20:03:19.365Z
- Cube Analytics for slicing and dicing data is extremely good.
- Report outputs with finesse helps in the delivery modes and outputs.
- Event Studio is effective at sending alerts based on data analysis.
- Ease of use and self-service for business users.
- With large volumes of data, the performance becomes an issue and the product does not scale easily.
- Cubes have a limitation on size.
- While dashboards are great, creating them in Report Studio sometimes gets very tricky and time consuming.
- The BI reports are the bread and butter for the Guthy-Renker business users. they are the primary drivers for the business. Cognos drives this.
- the KPI's via Cognos include cost per order (CPO) - to help optimize media spend; Sales $, Return $, Average Order Value, etc. all these help in upsells, conversion.
- Customer Retention area and Financials leverage Cognos across the board too, and this has had a positive impact on the ROI.
Cognos works well in the current environment. Business likes to use it due to the ease of use especially around the self service Cognos Powerplay cubes. It will not be easy to migrate to a different platform and re-train the business users. Additional tools from Cognos in 10.2 is also exciting and G|R will be trying to leverage them for our strategy. Given, this background, we are likely to continue with Cognos in the near future.