DA vs GA - Which Tech Giant has the edge on Analytics?https://www.trustradius.com/web-analyticsIBM Digital AnalyticsUnspecified7501012014-05-23T22:26:01.679Z
Updated May 28, 2014
DA vs GA - Which Tech Giant has the edge on Analytics?
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with IBM Digital Analytics
My company resells IBM Digital Analytics for our clients and provides reporting and strategy services along with the tool. The tool addresses our need to provide reporting and analysis on ongoing and one time marketing campaigns as well as overall website performance.
- eCommerce Reporting - unlike GA, Digital Analytics has built in product and ecommerce reporting that is fairly advanced enough to answer most business questions around product performance, basket analysis, etc.
- Marketing Attribution - Digital Analytics has out of the box marketing attribution capabilities including first, last and average click.
- Ad Hoc Reporting - Through the Explore tool, nearly any business questions can be answered through a completely customized report set up functionality.
- User Interface - is lacking. Still flash based so if you want to copy a number or a table, you have to download it to excel first.
- Down time - there have been selective occasions when the platform has been inaccessible for up to an hour, during peak business hours. There have also been delays in year end reporting as well as standard reporting during peak holiday times as the data bases are overloaded, making data unavailable.
- Segmentation - no out of the box segments, and you are limited to 10 one-time segments that can be active at one time and for only 35 days.
- Digital Analytics is essential for reporting across web performance and marketing activities.
- Although ROI is difficult to calculate for a web analytics tool, it has helped us drive business decisions that lead to increased ROI for marketing performance as well as a higher conversion rate on the website leading to higher revenue.
- In particular, the Digital Recommendations solution has proved positive and has consistently returned positive ROIs for the majority of our clients, on average adding a lift of 5-10% in Sales.
This is the standard solution we have built into our ecosystem and it has proved to be successful for over 20 clients.