IBM Enterprise Marketing Management - best of breed
Overall Satisfaction with IBM Unica
At Purple Square Consulting Ltd, we implement IBM EMM (also known by it's legacy name Unica) suite for many clients across Europe. We provide design services, aswell as implementation, configuration, training & troubleshooting.
- Marketing Automation - the scheduling capabilities are incredibly sophisticated.
- Multi-wave, multi-channel capabilities within single Marketing Campaigns.
- Highly advanced reusability. Every aspect of the users experience can be templates, allowing workflows & objects of every kind to be used again and again.
- Greater integration of real time (Interact) capabilities with outbound channels, in particular IBM eMessage Email & SMS delivery.
- Additional outbound channels to be integrated into eMessage, including Facebook Fanpage & Twitter DM broadcasts. At the moment these are possible only through custom additional integration.
- Support for additional marketing database technology, e.g. MySQL, Exasol, ParAccel, WX2.
- Provision of database technology with software purchase, as Web technology (IBM WebSphere Express) is supplied for free, but no database is supplied - since IBM also market DB2, which is a supported technology it seems a shame.
- Marketing automation & reusable functionality allows for extremely sophisticated & reactive marketing campaigns to cover every aspect of consumer journeys with a minimal headcount.
- Improved ROI. Better targeted campaigns reduce broadcast costs while increasing uptake, especially if you can link a web analytics datasource into Campaign, e.g. for abandoned basket campaigns.
- Through realtime capabilities, highly personalised versions of the web site for each individual customer, based on their marketing data (what we know), and information from the website (what they are doing right now).
- Faststats,Alterian Engagement Management and Analytics,quickcounts,Adobe Neolane,SAS Analytics
Against all the other applications, IBM EMM stands head and shoulders above the others, in terms of sophistication & diverse capabilities - with Neolane being the closest.
Purple Square have a very successful relationship working with IBM and it's many business partners, and have a strong track record of successful product implementations - something we don't plan to change!
Extremely well integrated in the TelCos and Financial Services areas. Retail & Online Gaming are the next big sectors. Real Time capabilities via IBM Interact are starting to come to the fore as marketers start to understand the necessity for true reactive CRM. Additional functionality using IBM Distributed Marketing is also another very powerful area for the future, allowing regional marketers to fill out web based forms, which initiate and run flowcharts & email delivery automatically.