- We’ve been able to send out Thousands of communications and generate over 1 billion touches per year because of the speed and flexibility of the tool.
- We’ve helped our marketing partners achieve or exceed some very lofty goals in the past two years because of the tool
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
- It is feasible use a control group on our Unadress Mail campaigns, what was impossible in the past.
- We can calculate the ROI for each campaign
- We know where our competitors are developping their network
- Positive impact on ROI as able to target right people at right time.
- Ideal case is when using the campaign management, e-message and cognos under one roof, able to do the analyze the results in shorter time.
- When using Cognos integration with Unica, capturing the results and analyzation done pretty quick and appropriate steps has been taken before next communication.
- Increased capability in field email marketing
- Faster turnaround time for campaign execution
- The only positive impact is when we use Predictive Insights in our campaign emails. The ROI is awesome.
- Marketing automation & reusable functionality allows for extremely sophisticated & reactive marketing campaigns to cover every aspect of consumer journeys with a minimal headcount.
- Improved ROI. Better targeted campaigns reduce broadcast costs while increasing uptake, especially if you can link a web analytics datasource into Campaign, e.g. for abandoned basket campaigns.
- Through realtime capabilities, highly personalised versions of the web site for each individual customer, based on their marketing data (what we know), and information from the website (what they are doing right now).
- Automation - allows employees to be more productive and allow better analysis on the data, opposed to time spent building campaigns that run a on regular schedule.
- Minimal downtime - pushing through the regular patches and updates from IBM is key to maintaining the environment but it is a very simple process.
- Improves processes and removes risk by the use of templates for campaigns, allowing a predefined set of inclusions and exclusions based on campaign type (acquisition or retention) and channel (OTM, DM, eDM, SMS).
- It helps my clients drive their business which in turn, drives more profit for them.
- It helps my clients determine what works, and what doesn't work, in terms of their social marketing campaigns.
- It helps navigate proper budgeting through determining what clients' users respond to, and what they find unique.
- Increase efficienncies - the status and progress is available to any in your organization at anytime.
- I think that the primary impact on ROI is by being able to very quickly build and execute new campaigns therefore allowing faster response to market trends
- another primary impact is on user efficiency - being able to copy last month's or last year's campaign to this month (ie. the Valentine's Day camaign) edit and execute quickly.
- another strong point is in being able to review the campaign and see what was really done in all components - auditing.
- We are only using Unica for the selection part of campaigns, I think things go twice as slow as before when we were working in SAS, but it is difficult to compare, as the people doing the work in SAS had all up to 20 years of experience and those working with Unica now are all new people. The people who liked to do the campaign selections with SAS did not like to work with UNICA, so they left, and with them also their experience.
- Complex marketing campaigns can be implemented quickly and accurately, which drives quicker responses and conversions.
- The tool allows non technical users to implement marketing campaigns utilizing focused business criteria that drives a higher ROI.
- Unica has improved the list pull process. I have no idea about the cost for implementing Unica.
- More insight into campaign performance.
- ROI on landing pages.
HCL Unica (acquired by HCL Technologies from IBM in late 2018) is a suite of enterprise marketing management (EMM) software that include marketing automation with cross-channel campaign management, along with budgeting and forecasting, project workflow management, asset management, brand management and spend management. Unica Campaign, Unica Marketing Operations, and Unica Interact are the foremost products in the suite.
The product is geared towards large B2C customers, and is available as either a Saas or an on-premise offering.
- Supported: End-to-end campaign management
- Supported: Campaign measurement and reporting
- Supported: Deeper customer relationships
- Oracle Siebel Enterprise Marketing Suite (discontinued)
Frequently Asked Questions
HCL Unica (acquired by HCL Technologies from IBM in late 2018) is a suite of enterprise marketing management tools including marketing automation with cross-channel campaign management, budgeting and forecasting, project workflow management, asset management, brand management and spend management.
The most common users of HCL Unica are from Enterprises and the Information Technology & Services industry.