Review: "No ATS is perfect but iCIMS comes close"https://www.trustradius.com/applicant-tracking-system-atsiCIMS Talent Acquisition Software SuiteUnspecified7.1981012014-01-14T23:01:45.850Z
Overall Satisfaction with iCIMS Talent Acquisition Software Suite
We use iCIMS solely as an ATS for the recruitment and offer process (we do not use the onboarding feature). We track recruitment activity against the requisitions and applicant nomination, interview and approval progress through iCIMS.
- Customization: It was clear from the first implementation meeting that we were going to be able to structure and format the process based on our requirements and not have to work within the limitation of the ATS.
- Flexibility: Even after implementation was complete, we were surprised to learn that we can continue to change our process and refine it to meet our changing business needs.
- Clean and clear layout: Simple layout that can be further customized is a key highlight for my organization.
- Reporting: The reporting tool is extremely rich once you figure out what you want and how you want it presented/reported.
- Because there is so much customization available we were not able to fully utilize the tools available to us. iCIMS could do a better job at presenting best practices or configuration recommendations to its clients as they are rolling out the ATS to their organization.
- The reporting tool has many functions but there are not enough 'standard' reports per-populated into the tool.
- The only thing we miss about our former ATS, Taleo, is the Outlook toolbar. Would love to see an Outlook or Gmail add-in to help record exchanged emails directly to a candidate record.
- Better reporting and visibility into recruitment flow and process.
- Layout and customization increased usability which increased accuracy and decreased need for constant enforcement.
Having administered both iCIMS and Taleo for the same company I can easily say iCIMS is the better product. Not just because of the superior customization and much more powerful reporting tool but more importantly for the always available customer care team. They are always ready to help and the first level support folks are much more knowledgeable than their counterparts.
The customization and flexibility of iCIMS are really the biggest thing it has going for it, IMO. The thoroughness of the the selection and implementation process are really what will determine how well the product is utilized by the company. You can use the standard settings or really customize it to do exactly how you want. But that investment in time to set up the system the way you want will pay dividends. I suppose that is a general comment about using any ATS but with iCIMS the ease of use, setup and customization paired with a pretty through reporting tool are what make it a stand out product for me.
iCIMS Feature Ratings
Job Requisition Management
Company Website Posting
Publish to Social Media
Job Search Site Posting
Customized Application Form
Duplicate Candidate Prevention
Task Creation and Delegation
Notifications and Alerts
Using iCIMS Talent Acquisition Software Suite
Users and Roles
4 - Staffing, Program Management, Business Development and Senior Leadership.
Support Headcount Required
1 - Senior Recruiter Admin
Business Processes Supported
- Collaboration internally between recruiters and with other departments including the program management, HR and Security.
- Compliance with OFCCP.
- Reporting and effectiveness of recruiting actions and strategy.
Likelihood to Renew
Great customer service and an easy to use yet flexible structure.