InEight Document's Great!
June 07, 2019
InEight Document's Great!
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with InEight
We use it to register (apply Company Document Numbering System) and save all our project and company controlled documents in native and PDF format. [Also use to] Control receipt and issue of this documentation with internal and external stakeholders.
- XL Upload tool is fantastic
- Bulk upload and editing metadata
- Fully customisable
- We would like to be able to workflow documents without them being restrained or maybe have a view that shows restrained and unrestrained as latest/current. We treat our Project Contractor's "As Received" documents as the latest/current whether we've completed our review or not.
- We'd like users not to be able to reply to the transmittal system generated email address as emails go into unregistered mail
- Documents - Comments Register - Request to have Default values available for specific fields
- When we issue reviewed Contractor documents to Teambinder - External Contacts they are required to download the document, download comments (if applicable) and if we've made redline mark ups click on Red Magnifying glass and print document to PDF (and this won't include any comments made with mark up note). They could end up with 3 separate files per document. Also, on the sent transmittal after you select "Download all Transmittal files" button, the "Download All" button only downloads the documents and the "Download Comments" button doesn't include comments made by redline markup. I don't believe this supports the "single source of truth" and could easily lead to confusion. How can I be confident our minor service providers, third parties, government departments etc. will download and use the correct "as returned" version of the document, for example, if it's a drawing we've assigned review code 2 or 3 too they need the drawing and comments to use. TeamBinder document review options consist of:
- Download: (mark up a hardcopy scan and upload it as an attachment), Redlines: mark up (red-line) the document and make text comments and Text comments: Click the Add/Edit link in the Comments column to add electronic comments to the documents. Teambinder transmittal "Download Comments" should include ALL comments no matter which combination of review options was used. We don't use redlines as we cannot ask our external recipients to produce their own PDF's.
Would like company to use check in and check out functionality in InEight Document and workflows for at least company documents. We haven't been able to achieve this yet.
We had issues with initial upload and ongoing when uploading thousands of docs. There's definitely room for improvement here and lots of lessons learned but apart from that the initial workbook and roll out to company was good.
- Allows you to save all file types to a document, easily identify which formats you do and don’t have and manage which formats you issue.
- Great bulk functionality. Manage multiple projects and large volume of documentation easily with less staff.