My experience with iSpring Suite
December 02, 2018
My experience with iSpring Suite
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with iSpring Suite
We use iSpring to generate distance learning objects and courses. It includes the production of simple objects (PPT conversion) to more interactive and sophisticated learning formats. It is used by one single professional that centralizes this production process. The tool is useful for creating more engaging contents such as interactive HTML, screencast videos and quizzes. It help us to standardize presentations and to promote a more interesting experience for users.
- Screen recording is great. Very simple to use and delivers exactly what is expected by us in terms of quality.
- Powerpoint conversion is a simple process. In fact, it is possible to add a lot of additional resources to make it more compelling and engaging. It may generate a lot of benefits for companies that already have many PPT files.
- Quizzes and interactive assessments are also a great feature, with multiple types of questions. It can be mixed with learning content to create a process based on continuous learning and testing.
- It exports the project in different publishing formats, so it makes much easier for non-technical users to create and export any content and then publish it on LMS platforms.
- Language. There is not a version of the product in Portuguese. We understand it is a problem considering the big amount of features and options that the product offers.
- Player setup could be more flexible in terms of design and graphics. It is possible to adjust settings and options but in visual terms, there are some limitations.
- The product may be a bit low to execute depending on the computer capabilities, especially when opening or exporting projects. But, we have experienced the same using other similar tools.
- A very positive impact is being able to complete the whole authorting process based on the work of one single professional (author). Before iSpring, we needed to involve a technical person to create pages, animations, interactions, etc. It means cost reductions and time saving.
- The product has a low price when compared to similar competitors. It is a great advantage when it is necessary to purchase licenses for many users.
- Medium learning curve. It does not take too long to train someone new to use the tool, but the final product should be simple at first. Depending on the size of a course or amount of objects to generate, productivity may be an issue depending on the knowledge level of the authoring users.
I think iSpring is very similar to other main competitors (that we have evaluated) in terms of features and resources. The great difference is pricing, since iSpring has a low cost per license. It is very easy and quick to download, install and use, even during the trial period.
It is a great tool to generate learning objects until a certain level of content sophistication. It will certainly depend on the creativity and knowledge of the author about how to extract the best from the tool's features. It is recommended for non-technical users and normally it offers much more features than most of the authors will demand and actually use. If you want to develop high-interactive and/or multi-path courses then the tool may be a bit limited, but the best way to find out is downloading the trial version and test it for a while.