IT Glue - the essential MSP documentation solutionhttps://www.trustradius.com/document-managementIT GlueUnspecified9321012018-11-26T01:01:08.571Z
November 25, 2018
IT Glue - the essential MSP documentation solution
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with IT Glue
IT Glue is our primary documentation system. We use it for all information about our clients and as much as possible for internal information. It addresses the problem of "where and how" to put client data, logins, and instructional checklists/guides. We utilize IT Glue for all of our documentation on setup guides and how-to fixes.
- Well thought out interface and organization, there is a place for everything.
- Quick and easy to copy paste, especially for credentials. Secure view of credentials to prevent it from sitting on a screen for too long.
- Amazing search features allow for quick finding of keywords.
- Small item, but linking can be a bit better. When a "standard password" is used, for instance, it would be nice to link objects as child and parent so that they follow the parent if it is updated. Right now, you have to make associations and fill passwords with "see parent" but it's not intuitive.
- Creating configurations are useful and many things build on it. If you do not create the configuration beforehand, you have to open another tab and create the configuration then search for it and link it to the building item (such as a firewall/router item). It would be nice if you could do it all in one pane.
- IT Glue is a great investment. It is cost-effective and links with an existing ticketing system or RMM. You can import your existing configurations as well as servers and workstations.
- Aside from several very minor complaints, there is absolutely no reason NOT to do IT Glue.
This is the only true "documentation only" product I have used, but it is the industry standard.