Overall Satisfaction with JangoMail
We were using JangoMail as the email platform for all of the marketing emails sent to customers and prospects. It is designed to be an email engine that integrates into other platforms, like CRMs. However, no one at our company had integrated it with our Salesforce instance. JangoMail is extremely primitive as compared with other solutions, like Constant Contact, or HubSpot. You need to upload lists and then compose emails. There are no templates. It is not intuitive at all. For example, after receiving notice of a problem on an email that did not go out as planned, we were told by their support people "oh there's no way that you would have known that". That was because, in the uploaded list spreadsheet, we had an extra character in an email; it stopped the whole job and did not flag us.They need error messages to prevent you from making and learning from your mistakes. We were only alerted to a problem with the interaction of JangoMail and Grammarly after we had sent out hundreds of emails that were exceptionally long and we went over our $ allowance. Then I suggested that they alert their customers about this problem and they only put a small warning on the email home page. Again, no error message when the error occurs. The JangoMail reporting is terrible; you must download the data to calculate click-thru rates and open rates, and they are an email platform?
- The platform is inexpensive.
- Their support people are very nice.
- There are no templates to create emails. There are no drag and drop features.
- Reporting should contain necessary everyday metrics, such as click-thru rates!
- Error messages are needed on things that you just can't know any other way.
- System problems should be highlighted at the top of every page, not just the home page.
- JangoMail was costing us time and money due to the problems that we were experiencing with it.
JangoMail is only appropriate if you are looking for a cheap emailer. It should not be used as a marketing automation tool, as it is only an email platform. You should look for a marketing email platform that allows you to create better looking emails and manage your contacts. There are way better tools out there.