- Providing 1:1 email outreach to a large quantity of leads which our organization is unable to do on our own in a timely manner.
- Confirms specific contact phone numbers while scheduling a call for our sales department.
- Opens up new conversations with older leads in our database that have gone cold.
- The AI software that reads the replies from our leads is not perfect. I need the ability to update and change the lead status when I discover these mistakes for accurate reporting and follow up.
- The ability to stop a conversation as a manager is only available from one screen. I would love if they could move this to the main dashboard too.
- In reporting I would like to see the date and time of last message sent, last reply received, and next message scheduled all next to each other.
- The import to Salesforce campaigns is nice but the upload of new data from conversica to Salesforce (like lead status and phone number) has to be manually done.
- Engages Unresponsive Leads: Conversica is great at reaching out to leads and database segments that you've otherwise lost contact with. Something that isn't possible to replicate with human capital investments.
- Excellent Customer Service: The Conversica team is extremely responsive to questions or concerns.
- Personalized Conversation: The Conversica AI can have a million different individual conversations at once. This helps our teams have better communication with our leads and students.
- Expanding Feature Set: While not a con per-say, Conversica needs to continue to aggressively invest in new functionality and ways to facilitate conversation.
- Provides instantaneous responses to online leads. This allows us for rapid follow-up that can't be achieved manually.
- It acts as a screener so our team only has to respond to leads that respond to Conversica's outreach. This allows for streamlined efforts from our sales team.
- Through Conversica's outreach we are able to secure appointments and new contact info.
- Being able to tie Conversica outreach directly to sales opportunities has been a bit of a challenge, but that is in part due to a process on our end that needed tightening.
- Conversica does a great job of consistently reaching back out to previous leads. We have seen great success from utilizing this tool over the past year.
- Conversica also does a great job of setting the table for our sales rep to reach out by trying to confirm the best contact information and introducing the rep prior to the contact attempt on our side.
- It is very easy to change the conversation and what type of messaging that we want going out to our lists in Conversica.
- Not always getting the correct classification from a response and the prospect gets frustrated - this is to be expected when an AI is responding. We also can give feedback which ultimately helps curve these responses in the end.
- Persistent and customizable follow up.
- Gives a very personalized feel to the recipient.
- Being able to customize parts of the conversations to fit our industry lingo helps tremendously while trying to give each email a personalized touch.
- The only thing I have come across that I would change if I could would be to have a simple way to customize the number of times a single lead will be emailed in its lifespan. Being able to specify how many times you want each lead emailed would help tremendously, simply because not all leads can be treated the same.
Furthermore, the support team/success management team you get along with the tool itself is priceless. Marisa has been a true godsend. Extremely flexible, patient, persistent, and helpful. On the Technical support side, Anna was also fantastic.
1. First point of contact for inbound leads that download whitepapers/case studies off of our website
2. Re-engagement with leads that have shown interest in the past but where a conversation ended / engagement dropped off
We are using it on the SDR and AE side of the house and it primarily addresses the problem of leads staying stagnant in our database without any real engagement.
- Great at coming accross as natural conversation and bubbling up very thoughtful and compelling responses from prospects
- Great at getting all key data in a natural way (i.e., response says they will take a call, she asks for a number)
- Great at following workflow
- Pricing structure is set up in a way that you can only leverage the tool so much across your data based on number of conversations allowed/number of leads at a time
- A little hard to get AEs & BDRs to understand when to action on their end, meaning they have to do a manual step to bring a lead out
- The obvious thing here would be moving beyond just text AI and into something more cross channel including voice
- Cut down on the amount of time it takes for our sales team to find hot leads
- Follows up with all leads
- Alerts management if salesperson doesn't follow up
- I wish I could edit more parts of the conversation
- See all the available conversations at anytime and choose from them
- Very engaging and real-world feel to the conversations. Makes prospects feel as though they are talking to a real person.
- Easy to set up and manage. It doesn't require hours of writing follow up conversations.
- Helps to get prospects to append information that's not currently known. Specifically, obtaining phone numbers.
- Salesforce integration is a little clunky.
- It's sometimes difficult to add leads to a Salesforce campaign. It could be easier.
- Better case studies and resources on web site.
- The AI assistant starts sending short, personalized emails to latent leads in drip format that allows the system to test and adjust the frequency and message structure. As it learns, it increases frequency according to the leads’ behavior.
- The AI assistant is able to bridge the gap between Enrollment Advisor and potential student by providing none promotional that provides a soft touch point for reengagement.
- Conversica is able to rate leads based on behavior and ensure each potential student gets everything they needed.
- We would like to see functionality to customize how many times a single lead will be emailed in its lifespan. Being that there are sometimes unique instances this option would be beneficial.
- Reporting is very static with no real opportunity for customization.
- Appointment-setting (for calls or meetings) that synchs live with the user's calendar, to reduce the user's time coordinating the timing.
We don't want Conversica to take the place of our Enrollment Advisors, therefore we don't wish for Conversica to provide promotional messaging that will act as another marketing channel.
- The response rate is typically very good.
- The Account Mgmt team has always been very responsive
- Managing the dashboard is very manual. Would recommend having reps manage the day to day vs. having a dashboard manager.
- The character limit on the messaging sometimes limits what you are effectively trying to communicate.
- Reengaging with latent leads
- Frequency of emails sends by the AI. This has proven that email frequency is important and a best practice.
- Personalization on emails
- Conversica is already working on some reporting functionality
- Provides timely, professional communication.
- Provides easy to use performance dashboards.
- Provides great account service.
- Provide insights/trends into AI's learning that could be applied to non-Conversica elements of our business.
- Provide white papers or reports on trends across their portfolio.
- Standardize dashboard elements and provide real time AND snapshot reports.
Less appropriate for collecting sensitive information.
- Conversica is persistent, professional and polite. She is always very responsive and pleasant regardless of how many times she attempts to engage with someone.
- Conversica is better than a sales rep at updating Salesforce! She documents all activity and if someone is out of office she documents when they will return to continue her pursuit!
- Conversica ensures that our sales reps do their job! Once a "hot lead" has been passed to a sales rep she will follow up with the prospect to ensure sales reached out to them.
- Conversica CSM team is the most responsive and helpful CSM team of all ur vendors. We continue to gain value from our conversations and meet on a regular basis.
- We are looking forward to additional conversations with Customer Service and possibly Accounting and Chat.
- Conversica responds naturally & automatically to a prospect's response & doesn't feel canned or pre-written.
- Conversica allows us to target a specific set of accounts or prospects with a targeted message/offer.
- Conversica alerts help to keep the sales team organized & not miss sales opportunities.
- I'd love to be able to add prospects or accounts to a Conversica campaign as a one-off. New leads come in & I want to add them to the current campaign messaging our new leads.
- Possibly a personal dashboard showing which of my leads/accounts have been added to a campaign, how many sold, response rate, etc.
- Natural conversations with leads and prospects
- Capturing net new information like titles, phone numbers, names etc.
- Recognizing behavioral intent and passing on conversations to live sales people
- So far we have not experienced any issues
- We are able to see clearly how our personal assistant is contacting each lead by the frequency of touches.
- We can use the dashboard to see exactly how many hot leads are generated.
- We are able to directly integrate our marketing automation & CRM systems with the tool.
- Sometimes a lead will be marked as hot that really is not a hot lead.
- Sometimes current customers are followed up on that should not be.
- Awesome customer support and willingness to fit our needs
- Easy to use dashboard
- Comprehensive reporting
- Multiple conversations to choose from to engage woth your prospects and customers
- There isn't a lot of flexibility with the conversation type
- The admin of Conversica isn't able to control some admin functionality and you have to go through support (i.e. pausing leads for a period of time in a conversation)
- Currently there is no support portal or documentation for Conversica, so we have to constantly reach out for support for questions.
Reengaging with prospects
- The speed at responding to leads once they hit our CRM
- Continuous and methodical responses to work the leads an
- Frees up the sales teams to focus on other activities such as calling, quoting and/or closing leads
- Helps our sales and marketing teams weed out prospects that are interested and those that are not
- More flexibility on what we can say/write on the email
- The ability to put other information/links in the email
- The Conversica AI tool is very good, but like anything AI, it is not perfect
- Follows Up - While some customers get annoyed at multiple emails, the majority seem to like the follow up reminders.
- Changing Names - if a lead we enter has a different name, Conversica automatically updates it in the system.
- Ease of Use - the system is very easy to use and navigate.
- I would like to see a more flexible messaging option.
- Signature lines are analyzed and phone numbers are added back into our database.
- The assistant can read out of office responses and re-engage once the lead returns.
- In using a short and casual conversational style, the tool gets engagement where our human sales team has sometimes struggled.
- Integration with our marketing automation platform, HubSpot, is primitive at best. Data is shared between the systems but not exposed in a usable way. You can get leads into Conversica through lists and workflows but beyond that, it's difficult to see much else in HubSpot.
- There isn't much to do inside the Conversica tool. It's a bit of a black box. You can stop a conversation, skip it ahead or reply as your assistant but otherwise have little control over anything else. More focus should go into the integrations than the platform dashboard since it has limited usefulness.
- Reporting is very static with no real opportunity for customization.
- Conversica's set-up team and client relationship managers (Jen Amundgaard on the sales side and Caleb Clapp on the IT side) are 12's on my scale of 10. By comparison, most vendors I have dealt with historically (i.e. RingCentral, to pick on one, different service) are 3's or 4's at best. So apart from Conversica's best-in-class tech, the human touch is there and helps us maximize our user experience. Jen and Caleb took time to understand our business model, mission-critical goals, metrics to evaluate their software performance and implied ROIs, and post-launch have maintained regular contact with us to improve campaigns and optimize our use of their service. Their care for their clients sets Conversica apart. We are not a faceless number to them.
- Conversica's service allows its users to run inbound or outbound email-based conversations with clients, past clients, prospects, stakeholders of varying types, partners, upstream or downstream relationships, or other parties, depending what type of campaign and parameters are chosen by the user working in concert with Conversica to customize the service. When optimized, the service delivers tremendous ROIs which can be quantified for different time buckets. The ROI invariably comes down to the significant cost savings Conversica delivers its clients, when compared to the client engaging personnel to perform similar functions. Or the ROI can be measured in terms of incremental revenues generated through a campaign in combination with headcount savings.
- Conversica we believe is the only player in the marketplace offering its specific AI-based value proposition. Normally we would expect this first (and only) mover advantage to translate into opportunistic (read: high, excessive) vendor pricing due to lack of competition. Instead, they have gone the opposite direction. Their various service levels are priced very competitively, despite the obvious lack of competitors out there, so we are very grateful for that because it allows smaller companies to afford their service. Their pricing strategy we believe emphasizes the long game, and will help them capture whichever market share they go after across verticals, over time. Our greatest fear is that a Google, Salesforce or other large deep-pockets firm acquires them in the future, and if that's inevitable, we hope it's a long way off. These prospective acquirers would change some of the things we like most about Conversica.
- Conversica's service can help smaller companies compete in some arenas with much larger firms, by doing more with less resources or operational spend. This is a good thing, to the extent it opposes the drift in some verticals toward oligopolistic competition and market share concentration going to only a few firms. Whether an intended or unintended consequence of its tech, Conversica solutions in our view are "for the people" and not "against the people". Contrast that with the opportunistic pricing of some nasty pharma companies that sell patent-protected drugs at exhorbitant cost to patients, exercising their monopoly on the drug.
- A minor area for improvement would be appointment-setting (for calls or meetings) that synchs live with the user's calendar, to reduce the user's time coordinating the timing. However, I believe Conversica is already working on this or will get there soon.
- Larger picture, we hope that Conversica develops within 3-5 years a similar voice-based service as a complement to their email-based tech. Non-robotic speech ideally, with IBM Watson-like deep AI fueling the conversations. That's the next evolution, with a much larger user market, and we hope Conversica leads that charge because we will be first in line to buy from them.
Conversica is not well suited to companies that do not communicate extensively by email.
- First and foremost Conversica never misses a lead. We have had 100% follow-up on all form fills since we launched our assistant.
- Conversica easily handles large numbers of leads and is never over whelmed.
- Conversica never quits. Most responses are coming after the 6th or 7th message to them.
- Conversica identifies Hot Leads right off the bat and then identifies leads to review and leads at risk in an easy to use dashboard.
- I really can't think of anything that can be improved. They are constantly working to improve their product and you are involved in that process with each response you receive.
Conversica Scorecard Summary
Driven by artificial intelligence (AI), Conversica is an automated software solution that can contact, engage, nurture, qualify and follow-up with leads without the need for human interaction. A custom persona nurtures leads from interest to opportunity via natural, two-way email exchanges and when a lead is ready to purchase, the software alerts the sales representative automatically. According to the vendor, this allows sales teams to focus on the leads most likely to convert into opportunities – potentially saving hundreds of sales hours per year. Whether it takes one day, several weeks, or even months, Conversica never abandons a lead.
The product integrates with existing lead systems, such as CRM systems, like Salesforce, and marketing automation systems, like Marketo, Pardot, HubSpot and Eloqua.
|Starter Edition||$1,499||per installation|
A Conversica subscription includes an unlimited number of seats for marketers, sales reps and managers. Different editions include different levels of functionality to match your needs. The service is a monthly subscription with an annual commitment.
Conversica Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||15%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||70%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||15%|
Conversica Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Conversica Technical Details
|Supported Languages: ||English|