User Review: "Social Collaboration with Jive"https://www.trustradius.com/collaborationJiveUnspecified7.5821012013-11-17T19:58:10.484Z
Overall Satisfaction with Jive Team Collaboration
- Collaboration around documents, ideas.
- Groups, subgroups, private groups.
- User profiles/people search.
- Mobile access to the application.
- Integration with Sharepoint.
- Improving all the time, but user profiles in version 6 were not that great. New "LinkedIn" like features are planned for new versions and I am excited to see those at work.
- Mobile access is OK, but the experience isn't that great.
- Ability to start/manage threads via SMS text would be helpful (a la Twitter).
- Increased productivity (when a defined set of users fully commit to using the platform).
- Makes it much easier to find people (efficiency).
- Terrific way to bookmark/like and share corporate content, people and ideas (productivity).
My answer isn't accurate given my role as a consultant. I'm unsure how to answer the question. I am likely to support a client's selection of Jive only when the strategy is aligned with their needs. I'm a fan of Jive in many instances but regularly challenge to think through not only their use cases, but their expectations for collaboration platforms.
Completely depends on the context of the question and the existence of a clear strategy and plan of attack for collaboration. I'd ask, what's the goal (why do you think you need such a platform), try to understand their goals (ie revenue, productivity, efficiency, innovation etc), and perhaps most importantly, what is their culture. Are they naturally collaborative or hierarchical with a command/control and top down management/leadership.