Jobvite isn't for everyone. Know what you need before researching ATSs.https://www.trustradius.com/applicant-tracking-system-atsJobviteUnspecified8.11031012015-02-17T17:59:47.526Z
February 17, 2015
Jobvite isn't for everyone. Know what you need before researching ATSs.
Score 4 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Jobvite
Jobvite is our company's applicant tracking system. Jobvite is synced with our career site and it is the method in which we receive all of our applications. We also use Jobvite as our internal job posting and hiring portal. We are able to send internal job notifications through Jobvite and collect internal applications. Our employees are able to setup a publishing tool that automatically posts our jobs to their social networks on a regular basis. The frequency of how many times they get posted is determined by the employee. We have also been using their Engage tool which is primarily for sourcing. It's an additional cost and priced per user. Engage allows you to apply boolean search logic to search the open web for resumes. It's not the best technology we have seen so we are not utilizing it and have decided to go with another company to do this for us. They also have a Talent Community where you can either use their widget and add it to your site or build landing pages for the widget and customize it for each hiring event to collect resumes. It's a pretty good CRM tool.
- Social media recruiting. Their publisher app allows employees to very easily set up their social media pages once to automatically post jobs to their feed and they never have to update it again. It makes it easy for our company to get applications from employees and our employees receive a nice referral bonus to boot. The only problem is getting the employees to set it up to begin with.
- Their scheduling system is by far the best I've ever seen. The scheduling we do is very complex. We have 2 recruiting coordinators for a 1200 person company. We hire anywhere from 100-150 sales people a month and about 100 product/tech people a year. Our scheduling requires coordinating between several c-level, senior level executives with very limited availability. Some of our interviews take 6 hours onsite and must be scheduled in a specific order. Jobvite's scheduling tool integrates with Outlook and allows us to view availability and book conference rooms right from their platform.
- Jobvite allows you to track email communication to candidates. The way they do this is to have all communication go through their email server. The pro to having it setup this way is that they can track all communication with no additional work from the client. The negative to this is that there is a LOT of room for messages to get lost, end up in peoples' spam folders, or for emails to never get to the recipient. They could be lost for several reasons but because Jobvite shows that the message was sent on their end, there is very little they can do to help you resolve the issue.
- Very limited in customization. While Jobvite does have a lot of great features, there is not one system in the world that will work for everyone. So it's important to be able to openly integrate with other vendors that do specialize in the areas that they are not the best in and to be able to customize certain things like dashboards to fit to each individual company. I have tried to work with several vendors over the 5 years that I have used Jobvite and the one common theme I hear from those vendors is that they integrate with almost every major ATS out there except for Jobvite because Jobvite is difficult to work with. It would also be great to be able to customize our dashboards so different user roles can see only the things they need to see at a glace when logged in. Jobvite only has one dashboard for all users.
- Reporting is lacking. There is a limit to the fields Jobvite reports on. They have a contacts tab to keep track of your pipeline of passive candidates and there is no functionality to report on any activity tied to those contacts. It's also difficult to report on simple things.
- It has definitely helped us track our applicants better and helped reduce the time it takes for us to schedule interviews.
Jobvite has more features than SmartRecruiters, iCIMS, and Taleo. Greenhouse looks like they will blow Jobvite out of the water.