I used Kentico in my past job as a Technical Architect and Developer in a Digital Agency. We used it across front end and back end developers, not the whole company. Kentico allowed us to provide clients with easy to use and scaling solutions for the business goals.
- Kentico is easy to understand. If you want to customize and are familiar with C#, you create a control. Just as simple as that.
- The Content Staging solution is one of the best I've ever seen. Having worked with many Web CMS Platforms with similar features, Kentico is the best one so far.
- Creating content with different views is a very straight forward process if you use Widgets.
- Maybe on initial setup, if the site is a bit complex you might need to learn a little bit about SQL or coding if you want to implement something like a repeater for example. But on the other hand, there are many ways to accomplish the same goals with other widgets.
- I think that the Partnership model is not very mature.
- Increased employee efficiency since developers don't require to learn much to start using Kentico.
Just depending on the client needs, if Kentico is suitable for them I will absolutely recommend it as a solution.