Overall Satisfaction with Kentico
We use Kentico for an ecommerce website and portal for external users. It is used by our external users as well as content contributors to manage the content. Kentico addressed the need to get onto a supported platform for our portal and get a more modern tool to manage this website going forward.
- User management - all user management is within one location and can be integrated with SSO.
- Reusable content - being able to link content allowed for users to not have to recreate the wheel everytime.
- Working with good partners. We worked with a partner to set up Kentico and they really brought good insight.
- Learning curve for content contributors. When a user is used to a home grown, Kentico can be a large change.
- Roles: Managing users by role can be challenging because you cannot export.
- Media libraries - Could use more metadata management at the media library level.
- We have been able to customize our content to be able to fit our business needs.
- We were able to get multiple sites on the same platform, which allowed for cross training of contributors. Consistent experience between sites.
- We were able to put more control into the hands of Marketing.
We selected Kentico for our particular project to match up with another site we had and it was more financial wise for us than other solutions we looked into. A big thing for us was that we needed to have language management and Kentico being an international country was a good fit for that future goal.
Kentico is well suited to websites that are very straight forward in their security. The built in modules are strong and easy for a contributor to manage. More secured sites can cause struggles if you need to go beyond the built in security features and will need development intervention to get to that level.