FoxitPhantom PDF is a document management software offering from FoxIt.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Yy/Zf/RCWMXVEM4R0D.pngOnce you use Foxit you may never go back to your previous PDF software.Bloomstar is an organization with 350+ employees in four locations across Canada. During the last year we have been updating our software and now we use Foxit as our default software to manage PDF documents. Foxit Reader has the feeling of a full PDF software and is intuitive and friendlier than other PDF readers. The Phantom version offers all the capabilities of editing, signing documents, sharing, presentations, etc. However, it is still in the transition stage where some users have a local license of a different PDF editor but soon will be using Foxit Phantom too. Document filing and storage is probably the most common use of Foxit at Bloomstar, especially related to human resources where all employees documents are now filed electronically. In our industry there are a lot of new seasonal hires during floral holidays and using a friendly PDF tool to manage the employees files is very convenient.,One thing that stands out is the way Foxit manages all the tabs of the opened documents. It probably sound simplistic but it has the feeling of a web browser like Chrome, but better because when you have a lot of opened documents, you don't get these microscopic tabs that get smaller and smaller, instead you can use arrows that go left-and-right and you can see your tabs and actually read what they are. Similar to the worksheets tabs in the lower part of an Excel file where you can move sideways to keep looking all your worksheets in a document, but even better -again- because you also have a top-right drop-down arrow that will show the full list of documents in a drop-down window, this is similar to the favorites tabs in Chrome where you have a limited number of favorites on the top bar and the rest of them are shown in a list. Foxit is interconnected with their online application. When you want to convert a PDF document into a different type like Word for example, you just click on the extras menu on the top, select convert to Word and then it is interesting that it actually opens your browser and goes to Foxit Online. The great advantage that I see with this process is that you get instant connectivity with everything because Foxit will give you all the available options to store your converted file and that can be Google Drive, Dropbox, One Drive, etc, and of course, your local drive. Mobility is an advantage. Your user is independent of your installed software in your computer. You can access anywhere online, you can have all your store documents in the cloud and if you don't have access to your computer where you have Phantom installed it doesn't really matter because you can pretty much do everything on Foxit Online, so it gives you all the mobility you need.,One thing that can be a problem for some users is that at least when running on Windows 10 you can easily find yourself opening PDF files with Microsoft Edge when what you really want is to use Foxit. Somehow Edge overrides the default reader for PDF files and you need to know how to set your default program and do it manually. This is not a particular problem of Foxit but it would be nice to prevent Edge from overtaking the PDF files. Foxit does so many things that it takes time to get familiar with all the small icons that are pretty much everywhere around your interface. You have this tiny quick access tool bar on the top left and some others on the top right, then a couple more on the lower middle. The only problem that I see is that they are tiny and I understand that we all want to maximize the working area on the screen but there could be an option to make them bigger. One downside for some users is that you need to be logged in to your user. I mentioned this as an advantage because it gives you all the connectivity but on the other hand if you don't have internet access or you want to work as a stand-alone user it may be complicated.,9,For a PDF software in a our company is difficult to translate the software performance into financial results. With a PDF software is a lot less obvious than an ERP of a Payroll System, but one advantage could be the savings that a lower cost of licensing would bring when it is used by a bigger number of users. A positive impact is the ease of use when creating and filing new hired employees, but once again, it is hard to say that it is faster than a different PDF software and even if that was the case the savings in time would be probably unnoticeable. At least one would be having a process with no hassles when creating and saving your PDF documents for your employees. So far no crashes. I have never heard a complain about Foxit crashing even when you have dozens of documents opened at the same time. We can't say the same when using other applications like Excel... This brings peace of mind and less frustrated users.,Adobe Acrobat DC,Ceridian Dayforce, TeamViewer, Skype for Business (formerly Lync)Top Notch Functionality For LessAll of our corporate departments use FoxitPhantom and I personally use it on a daily basis. We made the switch from a similar software a few years ago and the transition was fairly seamless. FoxitPhantom can do everything that I need it to do; print straight to pdf, merge documents, highlight, comment, rearrange pages, extract pages, add watermarks, and password protect. This software has been vital in our transition to become "paperless".,In my experience, FoxitPhantom can do everything that its better known pdf software competitor can do but it does it for a much better price. Arranging pages, deleting pages, or merging documents is super easy. I much prefer to "print to pdf" instead of printing out hard copies of documents. This software makes saving straight to pdf a breeze.,I have a dual monitor setup at work and there are times when I wish that I could view pdf documents on both monitors at the same time. I have not yet figured out how to do that with FoxitPhantom as it appears to limit the user to displaying multiple pdf documents as separate tabs on the same screen. If dual screen is an option in the software, it needs to be more apparent. I can't think of any other desired improvements. This software really does everything that I need it to do.,9,FoxitPhantom was significantly less expensive for our business than the software's main competitor's similar version of pdf software.,Adobe Acrobat DC,Microsoft Office 2016, Vertex O Series, OnBase by HylandBest document readerFoxit Phantom PDF is used by our organization to read, highlight, comment and edit documents for users to read online and manually. It is used across all departments in our organization it is easy to use and install and does not require any technical skills for one to operate. I personally use this software to write articles and edit them for use on my blog and on the company's website.,Easy to use Easy to setup You can be able to read, comment, highlight and edit documents Tabbed user interface User-friendly,Great software for document reading I have no negative comments on this software,10,Increases user readability Document sharing across organisation through social media buttons provided by the software.Feature rich PDF reader and editorFoxitPhantom PDF has been the most important PDF documents and PDF reports reader at work and at home. I like FoxitPhantom because of its clean user interface, ability to zoom in and zoom out documents, adding notes to documents while I read, Share documents with colleagues through email or social media and also convert PDF files to other file formats.,Zooming in and zooming out of PDF documents and reports Ability to add notes to a PDF while reading Capability to share files with colleagues and friends Stamping of pdf documents Easy to use graphical user interface,Foxit is the best PDFviewer out there, However, an improvement on how to use new features that may be availed later would be very helpful.,10,Easily viewing and editing of documents Easy reports viewing Easy to install Awesome pdf files organization,Foxit - the ultimate PDF viewer and editorWe replaced the standard Adobe acrobat with Foxit when we were faced with purchasing a new Adobe license a few years ago. Since converting our first user, we've never looked back. Our whole organization now utilizes FoxIt, and the experience is far superior to Acrobat. The ability to have tabbed instances, the word recognition, highlighting, etc... just everything is easier. There are so many options, too - so each user gets to do what they want how they want.,Multiple instances. You can choose to have "tabbed" set up like your web browser, OR you can allow multiple windows. It's great that you can choose this. It's fantastic at making common features quick-clicks. For example, you can select multiple PDFs in your explorer window, and right click to get to the FoxIt menu. From there, you can select "Combine" and instantly put several documents in the same place. VERY handy! Text recognition is very solid. I've had it decipher some pretty ugly looking faxes with remarkable accuracy.,Eh there's nothing big. Minor stuff is that they default to a start page... easily fixable. Really I can't think of another negative. This program is fantastic.,10,We work with a lot of documents, so combining them and organizing them is a must. This saves precious minutes on every deal by making simple tasks easy and quick. When comparing to Acrobat, I think we actually saved money on just the licenses, not to mention the feature benefit. It's saved me (as our defacto IT guy) lots of time in answering questions, since it's an intuitive program that never has issues.,Adobe Acrobat DC,RingCentral, Chatter, Adobe Illustrator CC
FoxitPhantom PDF

FoxitPhantom PDF Reviews

FoxitPhantom PDF
Filter 22 vetted FoxitPhantom PDF reviews and ratings

Julián González profile photo
December 04, 2018

FoxitPhantom PDF Review: "Once you use Foxit you may never go back to your previous PDF software."

• One thing that stands out is the way Foxit manages all the tabs of the opened documents. It probably sound simplistic but it has the feeling of a web browser like Chrome, but better because when you have a lot of opened documents, you don't get these microscopic tabs that get smaller and smaller, instead you can use arrows that go left-and-right and you can see your tabs and actually read what they are. Similar to the worksheets tabs in the lower part of an Excel file where you can move sideways to keep looking all your worksheets in a document, but even better -again- because you also have a top-right drop-down arrow that will show the full list of documents in a drop-down window, this is similar to the favorites tabs in Chrome where you have a limited number of favorites on the top bar and the rest of them are shown in a list.
  • Foxit is interconnected with their online application. When you want to convert a PDF document into a different type like Word for example, you just click on the extras menu on the top, select convert to Word and then it is interesting that it actually opens your browser and goes to Foxit Online. The great advantage that I see with this process is that you get instant connectivity with everything because Foxit will give you all the available options to store your converted file and that can be Google Drive, Dropbox, One Drive, etc, and of course, your local drive.
  • Mobility is an advantage. Your user is independent of your installed software in your computer. You can access anywhere online, you can have all your store documents in the cloud and if you don't have access to your computer where you have Phantom installed it doesn't really matter because you can pretty much do everything on Foxit Online, so it gives you all the mobility you need.
  • One thing that can be a problem for some users is that at least when running on Windows 10 you can easily find yourself opening PDF files with Microsoft Edge when what you really want is to use Foxit. Somehow Edge overrides the default reader for PDF files and you need to know how to set your default program and do it manually. This is not a particular problem of Foxit but it would be nice to prevent Edge from overtaking the PDF files.
  • Foxit does so many things that it takes time to get familiar with all the small icons that are pretty much everywhere around your interface. You have this tiny quick access tool bar on the top left and some others on the top right, then a couple more on the lower middle. The only problem that I see is that they are tiny and I understand that we all want to maximize the working area on the screen but there could be an option to make them bigger.
  • One downside for some users is that you need to be logged in to your user. I mentioned this as an advantage because it gives you all the connectivity but on the other hand if you don't have internet access or you want to work as a stand-alone user it may be complicated.
FoxitPhantom is very good for sharing files, commenting on files with coworkers, and converting files into other formats. It is also excellent to save your files in every cloud service you use, no matter which one you use. For a basic user who only needs to read PDF documents, a full version like FoxitPhantom is less appropriate and the free reader would be a better option.
Read Julián González's full review
December 10, 2018

FoxitPhantom PDF Review: "Top Notch Functionality For Less"

• In my experience, FoxitPhantom can do everything that its better known pdf software competitor can do but it does it for a much better price.
  • Arranging pages, deleting pages, or merging documents is super easy.
  • I much prefer to "print to pdf" instead of printing out hard copies of documents. This software makes saving straight to pdf a breeze.
  • I have a dual monitor setup at work and there are times when I wish that I could view pdf documents on both monitors at the same time. I have not yet figured out how to do that with FoxitPhantom as it appears to limit the user to displaying multiple pdf documents as separate tabs on the same screen. If dual screen is an option in the software, it needs to be more apparent.
  • I can't think of any other desired improvements. This software really does everything that I need it to do.
FoxitPhantom works very well for any kind of business administrative function; particularly in a "paperless" business environment. Documents that are originally created using Adobe Acrobat work seamlessly in Foxit and can be merged and edited with other documents. In my mind, the only limitation to the software is that it may not work well in situations where you need to view two documents on different monitors at the same time.
Rose Kipkemoi profile photo
June 28, 2018

FoxitPhantom PDF Review: "Best document reader"

• Easy to setup
  • You can be able to read, comment, highlight and edit documents
  • Tabbed user interface
  • User-friendly
  • Great software for document reading
  • I have no negative comments on this software
FoxitPhantom PDF is suitable to all users whether in a large or small organisation. It supplements all users needs and requirements therefore better than other document reading softwares.
Read Rose Kipkemoi's full review
anne wanjau profile photo
May 28, 2018

FoxitPhantom PDF Review: "Feature rich PDF reader and editor"

• Zooming in and zooming out of PDF documents and reports
  • Ability to add notes to a PDF while reading
  • Capability to share files with colleagues and friends
  • Stamping of pdf documents
  • Easy to use graphical user interface
  • Foxit is the best PDFviewer out there, However, an improvement on how to use new features that may be availed later would be very helpful.
FoxitPhantom PDF is suitable for viewing of ebooks, reports, scanned documents and downloaded PDFs either in the office or for personal use. Reports generated from web-based applications are also very well viewed in FoxitPhantom compared to other readers I had used.
Read anne wanjau's full review
Nick Bencivenga profile photo
December 13, 2017

FoxitPhantom PDF Review: "Foxit - the ultimate PDF viewer and editor"

We replaced the standard Adobe Acrobat with Foxit when we were faced with purchasing a new Adobe license a few years ago. Since converting our first user, we've never looked back. Our whole organization now utilizes FoxIt, and the experience is far superior to Acrobat. The ability to have tabbed instances, the word recognition, highlighting, etc... just everything is easier. There are so many options, too - so each user gets to do what they want how they want.
  • Multiple instances. You can choose to have "tabbed" set up like your web browser, OR you can allow multiple windows. It's great that you can choose this.
  • It's fantastic at making common features quick-clicks. For example, you can select multiple PDFs in your explorer window, and right click to get to the FoxIt menu. From there, you can select "Combine" and instantly put several documents in the same place. VERY handy!
  • Text recognition is very solid. I've had it decipher some pretty ugly looking faxes with remarkable accuracy.
  • Eh there's nothing big. Minor stuff is that they default to a start page... easily fixable.
  • Really I can't think of another negative. This program is fantastic.
Anyone who edits more than one PDF at a time, who does form field editing, or who is regularly viewing multiple PDFs. If you use Acrobat at all, this is a great replacement. Any organizations where users have varying preferences would do well, since each user can change almost every aspect of the program to their liking.
Read Nick Bencivenga's full review
Brian Hopper profile photo
December 14, 2017

FoxitPhantom PDF Review: "Tons of features + low cost = winning combination"

It is being used across the organization as our PDF editor of choice. It allows us to edit PDFs in a simple, easy to use manner, but more importantly it cut down on costs associated with having expensive Adobe Acrobat licensing.
  • Converting documents to PDFs is a breeze. You can do it from within a Word document with the Foxit plugin, or straight from Windows Explorer by right-clicking. You can even select multiple word documents and combine them with a click of a button!
  • Working with multiple PDFs is easy with Foxit. Being able to choose between having different PDFs in tabs or windows, and the ability to drag and drop to rearrange pages is a nice touch. You can even drag and drop pages from one document to the other.
  • The OCR functionality is great. Being able to scan a document and then select text makes my life a lot easier.
  • Using the form fields can be challenging. While some aspects are intuitive, other aspects - like setting a tab order - can be confusing.
  • The user interface is older looking. Would definitely like to have things easier to use. Clients of ours complain that it isn't "pretty" like Adobe.
  • I've never liked having to change the pointer option (hand vs text selector) to do different things. Always trips me up.
A large number of users that are switching from Adobe is a great scenario because it is much more cost effective.

A scenario where it is less appropriate would be where someone uses a CRM or ERP that requires Adobe integration (this happens).
Read Brian Hopper's full review
Jeremiah Alexander profile photo
March 14, 2017

Review: "FoxitPhantom PDF is a paperless dream come true..."

We currently use FoxitPhantom PDF to convert all our documents to a paperless PDF filing system. We are cleared over 30 filing cabinets so far. We also have implemented an scan-and-shred system where every (well almost every) new document that comes in is immediately scanned and then shredded. Finally we use the PDF optimizer to save space on all our large files.
  • Shrinking PDF files
  • Combining multiple PDF's into one
  • Converting to PDF and printing to PDF
  • Their PDF editing is not very intuitive and building from a blank PDF is frustrating
  • When it does crash, the crash reporting tool has never worked right.
  • Edit text sometimes has problems grabbing the correct text on a busy page
For smaller companies looking to go paperless it is perfect. It's affordable, easy to use, and has a really good workflow for converting everything. I think it also works well for companies who are looking to convert just their mail to email attachments. This was actually where we started and it worked flawlessly. I think bigger companies would need something more integrated or will already have the same features built into a larger system.
Read Jeremiah Alexander's full review
March 03, 2017

FoxitPhantom PDF Review: "Great Adobe Alternative"

We use FoxitPhantom for those users that have a need to create and edit PDF documents. It gives us the ability to modify PDFs quickly and easily.
  • The UI is very similar to the Microsoft Office "Ribbon", so our users have learned it quite quickly.
  • Very good OCR and edit capabilities.
  • While not exactly small in size, it's far smaller and lighter on system resources than Adobe.
  • Subpar support experience. If you have an issue that requires their intervention it requires a lot of handholding and cajoling on my end to get a resolution.
  • In multi-user environments (i.e. Citrix), it constantly tries to update itself leading to multiple update files in my users' profiles. Although it has GPO extensions that should prevent this, they are not particularly effective.
  • They've begun cloud based document software in their apps.
It is a cost-effective, "lighter weight" alternative to Adobe Acrobat. It works great when installed directly on a user's workstation but I'd be hesitant to install it in a terminal server environment.
August 17, 2016

"Descriptive review of FoxitPhantom PDF"

FoxitPhantom PDF was used at my previous employer because it was cheaper, easier to use and was much lighter on our systems then Adobe.
  • Cheaper than Adobe which saves money.
  • Much easier for our end users.
  • Much lighter on system resources which increases performance.
  • OCR character reading
  • Handling of complex documents
This PDF software should be very good for everyday users and most business people. You can also convert multiple documents and the toolbars are pretty easy to use. It also handles unfamiliar fonts well, which I like.

I'd like to see the ability to save a pdf to ePub in future versions.

FoxitPhantom PDF Scorecard Summary

About FoxitPhantom PDF

FoxitPhantom PDF is a document management software offering from FoxIt.