https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Fg/l5/OPOULTZN3OTM.JPEGVNC Connects You to the WorldWe tried VNC Connect for our organization and found really good features offered within the product. We even experimented with using it to remotely connect to a computer from our Los Angeles office to a computer in our Amsterdam office. VNC Connect really solves the problem of troubleshooting issues as if you're sitting right in front of the computer at that remote location.,VNC Connect does an excellent job in remotely connecting to a computer through either your local area network or even another computer on the internet. As long as the VNC Connect services is installed and the client is running in the background. VNC Connect provides password protection to prevent unauthorized users from attempting to remotely access your computer. There's an option to have a separate password to remotely view vs view & access a computer. You can even add an additional level of security by turning on the feature to require Windows login credentials. VNC Connect provides an additional set of controls after a remote connection has been established with another computer. You can have special keystrokes like Ctrl+Alt+Del sent as a command sequence to the other computer as well as access more than a single screen when in use at the remote computer location.,It would be nice for VNC Connect to add a feature to see multiple screens all in a single view. Then you can select which screen to look at to open as a second window. Currently, the multiple screen support only works by increasing the single window size. VNC Connect should provide a feature at the connection window to list a set of computers that it can detect with the agent running. This could be an auto scan feature with a setting where it can be turned on or off. Also, there can be an option to select an IP address range for the scan to occur. Then you can visually see a set of computers to select from to perform a remote access. VNC Connect should add a feature to remotely wake up/turn on computers that have the agent installed. It would be nice to be presented with a window showing a list of previously accessed computers with the agent. Computers that are on and running should have a different kind of icon compared to computers that are turned off. Then you can select the computer that is off and invoke a command to wake it up so you can remotely connect to it.,8,VNC Connect saves hours of time so IT staff does not have to travel to the location where staff working remotely is to troubleshoot and resolve a problem. With VNC Connect you can see exactly what commands are being performed on the remote computer. It really takes the guessing work out of the entire equation. VNC Connect becomes an excellent teaching tool so IT staff can show remote uses the process and procedures on the screen as if they're sitting right there next to them.,TeamViewer, Remote Desktop Services, WebEx Meetings and GoToMeeting,TeamViewer, Remote Desktop Services, WebEx Meetings, GoToMeetingExtremely helpful client support softwareI am quite frequently requested to provide support to my clients regarding their accounting system. In many instances it is much more convenient to connect to their computer and visually guide them. VNC Connect provides this with little effort allowing me to see their computer screens, understand what they have done in their software and help them properly record their transactions or prepared meaningful reports.,Visually see their computer screens and the information needed to properly respond to their questions. Transfer files that I might need to work on their financial statements and corporation income tax returns or other reports that they may require. Also to upload files from my computer to update their records. Help train clients to use their own accounting software appropriately while having them see first hand on their screens the use of the software interface and how the data is entered and processed by their software.,It would be helpful to have the ability to see multiple screens as opposed to scrolling over to a second screen. There have been times when the client's computer was requiring supervisor authorization to proceed and during this time, my screen was blacked out awaiting the client's computer to get past this authorization. It would be helpful to continue to see the screen and possibly be able to enter the supervisor password remotely.,9,I have just used the software for about 1 month and so far so god. I am saving time whenever I can access my client's computers from my desk as opposed to having to leave my office to go to their offices. Saves me time and the client money.,,Remote Desktop Manager, Priority AccountEdge, Sage 50 AccountingMy Most Valuable ProgramI am a professional photographer and travel the world. I conduct all of my business remotely by using VNC Connect. Most of my remote access is done using an iOS device to connect to a PC. This allows me to keep Running my business when I'm traveling.,Remote access Remote printing,Once in a while when using an iOS device to connect to my Windows 7/10 computer, there are odd behaviors when using Microsoft office.,10,It keeps my business running when I'm not in the office,Symantec pcAnywhere,Microsoft Office 2016, Adobe PhotoshopVNC Connect - Worth Your Time and ConsiderationWe have been users of RealVNC for over 8 years. During that time, it has allowed us to remotely connect to 1000 desktops and servers to resolve issues, install software, printers, etc., saving us many hours of driving time between sites and gives us a quicker response time to resolve issues. Without it, we would have had to hire at least one other technician. Now with VNC Connect, we can connect to desktops and servers that are not interconnected on our WAN. The software is very stable, easy to use and has many features that make remote support a snap. I also use it at home for after-hours support as well. The sales and support departments, when needed, has been exceptional. Great product with a great team behind it!,Allow remote connection to pc and servers that are located within our WAN. The connection is stable with fast response (no lag) Allow remote connection to pc and servers that are located outside. The connection is stable with fast response (no lag) It allows chat function with the user, and pasting capability from local desktop and mapped a drive to the remote system.,There is nothing I can think of that I really dislike about the product.,10,VNC Connect has had a positive impact/ROI on our business objectives. Without using VNC Connect, we would have had to hire additional technicians and network admins to keep up with the volume of work. It has been a real benefit to keeping costs down as we do our best to control costs being a public sector government agency.,TeamViewer,Veeam Availability Suite, ESET Endpoint Security, Microsoft SQL ServerHere you go. If you need to connect quick to a PC in your own LAN, this is the easy way!We used RealVNC as an alternative tool for connecting to our remote Servers and Workstations. We needed a fast tool to take control of this devices as we were sitting in front of them in order to solve critical issues affecting the company's productivity. All our branches were remote locations in different states and this didn't make it easy connecting to them via other tools like LogMeIn and others. As soon as we activated our MLPS, we were able to connect on the go by just making a call from our CMDB to open RealVNC and connect to this remote locations.,Quick connect, just type the IP or the computer ID name, and that's it, you are connected. Fast response, but you can also adjust the quality of the connection on slower connections. Sharing screen is quite easy.,More shortcuts if you are using a connecting tool inside another tool. A more immersive tutorial, if the users do not know how to use it, figuring it out can be hard and frustrating,9,Positive. We reduced travel for the IT department for at least 50% Connecting to Servers to do basic tasks was easier this way. Negative, sometimes after a reboot, the service did not start so we have to ask for other non-IT users to interact with Servers.,LogMeIn Pro and NetSupport Manager,NetSupport Manager, LogMeIn Pro, Bomgar Remote Support Software
VNC Connect

VNC Connect Reviews<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>

VNC Connect
Top Rated Award
Filter 70 vetted VNC Connect reviews and ratings
Paul Li profile photo
June 25, 2018

User Review: "VNC Connects You to the World"

• VNC Connect does an excellent job in remotely connecting to a computer through either your local area network or even another computer on the internet. As long as the VNC Connect services is installed and the client is running in the background.
  • VNC Connect provides password protection to prevent unauthorized users from attempting to remotely access your computer. There's an option to have a separate password to remotely view vs view & access a computer. You can even add an additional level of security by turning on the feature to require Windows login credentials.
  • VNC Connect provides an additional set of controls after a remote connection has been established with another computer. You can have special keystrokes like Ctrl+Alt+Del sent as a command sequence to the other computer as well as access more than a single screen when in use at the remote computer location.
  • It would be nice for VNC Connect to add a feature to see multiple screens all in a single view. Then you can select which screen to look at to open as a second window. Currently, the multiple screen support only works by increasing the single window size.
  • VNC Connect should provide a feature at the connection window to list a set of computers that it can detect with the agent running. This could be an auto scan feature with a setting where it can be turned on or off. Also, there can be an option to select an IP address range for the scan to occur. Then you can visually see a set of computers to select from to perform a remote access.
  • VNC Connect should add a feature to remotely wake up/turn on computers that have the agent installed. It would be nice to be presented with a window showing a list of previously accessed computers with the agent. Computers that are on and running should have a different kind of icon compared to computers that are turned off. Then you can select the computer that is off and invoke a command to wake it up so you can remotely connect to it.
VNC Connect works really well on computers connected both within the same local area network and when located outside the office connected via the internet. With VNC Connect, you can remotely access a computer and perform all functions as if you're sitting right in front of it. It also can be used as a training tool to show the person sitting at the computer the steps to take to execute and perform a task. I would not use VNC Connect to remotely access a computer that has the screen left on to perform confidential tasks on it that I don't want others to visually see. Unfortunately, there isn't a method like when you are using Windows Remote Desktop Services where the screen is blanked out to prevent others from viewing your connection.
Read Paul Li's full review
William Waks profile photo
September 07, 2018

VNC Connect Review: "Extremely helpful client support software"

• Visually see their computer screens and the information needed to properly respond to their questions.
  • Transfer files that I might need to work on their financial statements and corporation income tax returns or other reports that they may require. Also to upload files from my computer to update their records.
  • Help train clients to use their own accounting software appropriately while having them see first hand on their screens the use of the software interface and how the data is entered and processed by their software.
  • It would be helpful to have the ability to see multiple screens as opposed to scrolling over to a second screen.
  • There have been times when the client's computer was requiring supervisor authorization to proceed and during this time, my screen was blacked out awaiting the client's computer to get past this authorization. It would be helpful to continue to see the screen and possibly be able to enter the supervisor password remotely.

Assistance with existing software works well.

I have been asked to update software on a client's computer which requires a supervisor intervention and have not been able to install the software remotely without user intervention as my screen blacks out whenever the requirement of supervisor intervention is required by the remote computer. If there is a reboot required as part of the installation, the connection has to be re-established.

Read William Waks's full review
Cole Thompson profile photo
August 21, 2018

VNC Connect Review: "My Most Valuable Program"

• Remote access
  • Remote printing
  • Once in a while when using an iOS device to connect to my Windows 7/10 computer, there are odd behaviors when using Microsoft office.
I run my business remotely with VNC connect. I use it to prepare images for customers, to upload and download files, to correspond with my customers and to manage my accounting system.

There is little I cannot do with VNC.
Read Cole Thompson's full review
Richard Russell profile photo
August 10, 2018

Review: "VNC Connect - Worth Your Time and Consideration"

• Allow remote connection to pc and servers that are located within our WAN. The connection is stable with fast response (no lag)
  • Allow remote connection to pc and servers that are located outside. The connection is stable with fast response (no lag)
  • It allows chat function with the user, and pasting capability from local desktop and mapped a drive to the remote system.
  • There is nothing I can think of that I really dislike about the product.
Remote support of desktops with a LAN/WAN environment. Saves valuable time going from desktop to desktop or traveling from site to site. It does run in the background and does not utilize too many system resources. It does alert the remote system that you are connecting to the system, so users know you have attached to the system remotely. It allows you to assist users with application issues, as they can see the screen while you are connected, unlike the remote desktop.
Read Richard Russell's full review
Miguel Nuñez profile photo
August 01, 2018

VNC Connect Review: "Here you go. If you need to connect quick to a PC in your own LAN, this is the easy way!"

• Quick connect, just type the IP or the computer ID name, and that's it, you are connected.
  • Fast response, but you can also adjust the quality of the connection on slower connections.
  • Sharing screen is quite easy.
  • More shortcuts if you are using a connecting tool inside another tool.
  • A more immersive tutorial, if the users do not know how to use it, figuring it out can be hard and frustrating
Easy and quick connection to all computers in your network.
Accessing Remote computer that are in other locations.
Taking control of a workstation to provide support.
Read Miguel Nuñez's full review
Nicholas Bates profile photo
July 24, 2018

VNC Connect Review: "RealVNC Allows Remote Access Wherever My Customer Is"

VNC is being used to allow company-wide and remote access to support our computer systems. It is an important tool for our IT department exclusively. It allows for the support of our remote users and every site our company owns across the United States.
  • Allows remote access without the need for a pre-installed agent. Since our company has 4 sites located in Ohio, CA, and TX and outside sales that are always traveling, this means I can provide support right away instead of requiring a coordinated installation of an agent software.
  • Allows connection with users on or off the network. Some of the people that require support often travel and require support wherever they are. VNC makes this available.
  • Easy to use. The simple website and installer make remote support very simple to coordinate.
  • Some support requires the installation of software. This is restricted in our organization to personnel with administrative privileges. VNC is unable to show the prompts that require the entry of credentials. This is a major hold-back.
VNC is a full featured and low-cost way for organizations to provide world-class support. I can't think of a scenario in my field where it isn't useful!
Read Nicholas Bates's full review
Samuel Dickinson profile photo
July 09, 2018

Review: "VNC Connect - A solid, robust VNC service."

Our organisation initially considered VNC Connect by RealVNC to facilitate remote access and control of some of our remote (unmanned) systems. As these systems are not normally manned, we needed a reliable way to access, monitor, control and update these systems as part of our Research & Development activities.
  • Great User Interface (UI): Compared to some its competitors, VNC Connect's UI is excellent. It is clean, simple and responsive and yet provides full access to all the required functionality.
  • Security & Encryption: VNC Connect provides password protection to prevent unauthorized users from attempting to remotely access your computer.
  • Easy Team Management: It is extremely quick and simple to add or remove devices to the VNC Connect service.
  • Billing/Licence Model: For some users the per device billing model may not be ideal.
  • Mobile Application: The mobile app can be a little clunky and unintuitive.
I would not hesitate to recommend VNC Connect for most remote access and control applications. I would have slight reservations if the application could potentially involve large numbers of remote devices due to the billing model.
Read Samuel Dickinson's full review
Cory Brester profile photo
October 10, 2018

VNC Connect Review: "VNC is the best tool for a growing company that needs to scale."

VNC is being used across the entire company. Our organization is currently expanding into two locations with multiple remote home workers. With a small IT staff, VNC saves time and makes it easy troubleshoot. Previously, I tried to make video/screen conferencing solutions work and it just wasn't the right product. That is why I turned to VNC. We deployed VNC with the cloud brokering feature across all of our networks.
  • Ease of implementation
  • Ease of use and simplicity
  • Cost
  • Can't think of one, this served my needs.
We are a small organization trying to scale, this allows us to do that at a very low cost and get all the functionality we needed. The sales representatives and their support team were very helpful through the trial and implementation period. The only hiccup I had during the trial was that I accidentally created two trials. They were able to clear that up right away. The cost, for 200 machines made it so easy to get approval from the executive team.
Read Cory Brester's full review
Dr. Jim Bidlack profile photo
August 14, 2018

User Review: "VNC Connect is GREAT!"

VNC Connect is GREAT! It is the only program on my college campus that can be used to access computers using different operating systems. VNC can be used on systems as old as Windows XP and all the way up through the most modern systems. It is fast, easy-to-use, and secure. I use it every day and it allows me to access my office computer during evenings and weekends when students need help ASAP. VNC Connect simply makes my job easier and more fun to do. Hooray for VNC Connect!
  • VNC Connect can be used with many operating systems.
  • VNC Connect is fast.
  • VNC Connect is secure.
  • VNC Connect could be faster, but still very good.
  • VNC Connect needs to be used at more college campuses.
  • VNC Connect could benefit from more TV advertisement.
VNC Connect is great for connecting to computers using different operating systems.
Read Dr. Jim Bidlack's full review
September 07, 2018

VNC Connect Review: "VNC Got Me out of a Sticky Situation"

Our organization uses VNC to connect to remote PCs in the field. We can connect to multiple PCs from one control room and monitor/operate machinery in real time. This machinery is spread across a large area and this one remote station allows for the monitoring and operation of each from one centralized location.
  • VNC connections are very easy to understand and use.
  • Ease of operation for less computer savvy staff makes for a good software to deploy on many different levels of PCs and laptops.
  • The cost of VNC is not prohibitive.
  • Some of the confusion of VNC upon installation is you need to be connected to the internet for it to function. This is not the case, but is unclear upon installation.
  • The licensing model is not ideal for locations that do not use the internet and function off of the grid.
August 08, 2018

VNC Connect Review: "Best remote support tool"

We used VNC Connect to remote access to some of our servers and workstations. It's a great tool for remote troubleshooting for my users.
  • Simple and easy to deploy and use.
  • I can have the remote users to show me their issue while I am looking at their screen remotely, just like I am sitting in front of them.
  • Simple clean interface that is very easy to pick up and learn.
  • Reliable, fast, and relatively easy to use.
  • Very fast response, it connects to the VNC clients very fast.
  • Push out client update from a central management server.
  • VNC mobile app needs improvements, it crashes all the time.
VNC Connect is a great remote support tools that I have been using for over 10 years. It works great and very easy to install and manage. I can work on my servers and workstation troubleshooting from my office desk or at home just like I am sitting in front of the physical machines.
Steve Hooper profile photo
September 27, 2017

VNC Connect Review: "VNC - good in its day"

We use VNC as the remote access tool of last resort, preferring to use either Avast/AVG's Cloudcare remote access tool or ScreenConnect (ConnectWise), which we have found to be an excellent alternative.
  • Simple to install and administer
  • Minimal end user intervention
  • Robust
  • Slow response times
  • Occasional issues with screen handling
  • Major problems with UAC (but not alone there!)
VNC is ideal where you don't want the end user to have to initiate any connection, although you will have to have either a presence on the LAN (possibly by PPTP login) or some port forwards (not recommended). It's probably best suited for internal support of a company, rather than external.
Read Steve Hooper's full review
Kurt Ferguson profile photo
August 07, 2017

VNC Connect Review: "RealVNC really is the best of breed for remote machine access"

We use RealVNC frequently. We have it installed on every single virtual desktop we have, which is approximately 600. We also have it installed on all company desktops and laptops as our primary means of doing remote support on machines while on our network. It makes remoting into both VDIs and physical machines very simple and easy. We use it every single day.
  • Fast, easy remote access - The footprint of VNC Server is very small, and so does not impose any performance or resource impact on the machines we run it on.
  • Robust console-level access - Unlike many remote support programs like LogMeIn or WebEx, VNC gives you console-level access to a machine, enabling you to do anything you can do if you are physically at the machine or logged into VMWare VSphere directly.
  • Low cost - VNC is extremely inexpensive for the level of access it offers, especially coupled with the awesome level of access it gives you.
  • File transfer - It would be nice if the software made transfer files from the viewer machine to the server machine more easily.
  • Modern UI - The UI of RealVNC is somewhat dated, so a refresh would certainly make the product look more modern.
  • Easier remote access - If it were easier to access machines with VNC Server installed when they are outside of your network without some kind of proxy/DMZ server, that would also be great.
If you need console-level access to the various machines in your enterprise, especially end-user machines, there are few better products for the job. RealVNC is robust, lightweight, and effective. If you're looking for a product that's also beautiful to look at, RealVNC may not be your kind of software. That's not really what it excels at.
Read Kurt Ferguson's full review
Rob Hamlin profile photo
November 28, 2017

Review: "Real VNC Connect, Finally a single solution across several OS"

I use VNC connect to keep track and connected to my servers. I find the tool to be very useful in being very easy to deploy and the connect feature makes it easy to maintain.
  • Easy to add and remove machines from Connect
  • Very easy to add machines of server OS versions to connect
  • Online portal for management of account is easily accessed with two factor authentication
  • There is nothing I do not love about RealVNC Connect.
I have recommended RealVNC Connect to several colleagues. The ease of use partnered with the team concept is exceptional.
Read Rob Hamlin's full review
David Whittaker profile photo
July 28, 2017

VNC Connect Review: "An excellent remote access tool."

VNC Connect was being used to support other departments and remote users when IT support was required. Being able to view a user's screen in real-time was a huge advantage when troubleshooting a wide assortment of day to day problems. This would save time, money and the mental health of both parties.
  • Remotely accessing workstations.
  • It's lightweight and easy to navigate.
  • Mobile access of other workstations allowed both parties to be away from the office and still get the IT support they needed.
  • License requirements may not be ideal for some parties.
  • VNC support hours aren't the best based on the requester's geographical location.
  • Upgrading end users is a little clunky.
Remote access to end users if support is needed.
Read David Whittaker's full review
Angel Swalve profile photo
June 15, 2017

VNC Connect Review: "VNC, reliable, user friendly, keeps us working quicker and more efficiently."

Our organization uses VNC to remotely connect with our campuses and administration offices. [This] allows us to work more efficiently by providing support to end users without having to travel to each location. VNC is being used across the whole organization. VNC addresses the problem of having enough technicians and support personnel to travel to each location to provide troubleshooting assistance. Our district is too large to physically go to each location every time an employee needs assistance. VNC allows us the opportunity to provide fast and efficient service.
  • VNC works wonderfully for remote access for troubleshooting an end user's computer.
  • VNC allows seamless file transfers.
  • Can be used in the classroom to allow students to view what a teacher is doing on their computer.
  • Depending on the strength of the network, VNC does have an issue that it may run slow.
  • Some users have had concerns about security on VNC. If one end user has a virus, then it could cause a transfer, but our district has put in to place additional security procedures to prevent this issue.
  • Clipboard transfers don't always translate properly. It is better to transfer a file instead of copying and pasting between computers while using VNC.
VNC is well suited to provide remote troubleshooting to another employee. Sometimes a phone call or email description of a problem an employee is having isn't enough to allow us as technicians to provide a solution. With VNC, we can remote into that computer and see for ourselves what the issue is that is causing the employee problems. This is great to provide quick, and efficient support without having to wait for a technician to arrive at the location to put their hands on the computer. VNC is less appropriate when we have to transfer files. This works best by using the cloud to save and transfer files, then through VNC do the repairs needed on the employee's computer.
Read Angel Swalve's full review
November 28, 2017

VNC Connect Review: "The only VNC you need."

VNC Connect is used across our entire organization, by a variety of different personnel. Our IT department personnel uses the software to remotely access local computers on our network, computer related problems are easily taken care of, therefore, saving costs and time spent dealing with computer issues. Our engineers use the software to connect to other people's computers to collaborate on different engineering tasks.
  • What I like best about this software is the ability for our "remote" IT department to take control of my local computer to diagnose computer related issues.
  • The software also supports encryption so I know the remote connection is secure.
  • There is also a chat feature so we can talk to each other.
  • I also like the file transfer capabilities of this software.
  • I wish the software supported sound.
  • I wish you see a list of all computers on the network instead of having to type in the IP address of a specific computer.
  • The licensing model recently changed (and is much more complicated).
Depending on what you need, RealVNC may not be the best fit - it's the does-it-all Enterprise ready version produced by the original manufacturers. Installation's pretty simple, it's deployable if needed and it sports a lot of party tricks. However, TightVNC, UltraVNC or even TeamViewer may be what you need depending on your circumstances, requirements and budget.
Seth Arnoff profile photo
April 11, 2017

VNC Connect Review: "To RealVNC or to not RealVNC, that is the question"

RealVNC is being used for a small subset of servers within my organization. We share the connections with the IT Department, as it provides a more secure and has better performance connecting to our servers than Remote Desktop. The quickness of connecting with a strong encryption lets us access tools and applications we need quickly and efficiently.
  • Encryption (Paid version)
  • Performance
  • Reliability
  • Visually nice and unobstructed simple GUI
  • None!
RealVNC shines when you need internal access to servers, tools, or applications. The encryption, speed, and reliability let it shine in a true IT world. I do not recommend opening up RealVNC for external use and strongly encourage internal use only. I also do not recommend giving non-IT or non-tech savvy users access to RealVNC. We found that it causes too many headaches and demands.
Read Seth Arnoff's full review
Scott Cook profile photo
April 10, 2017

VNC Connect Review: "Stable and always working"

We use RealVNC on Windows/Linux servers that we support. On computers that don't have a human being using it 24/7 we need to have remote support whenever needed.
  • RealVNC is very, very stable. Never dies or turns into a zombie. It just keeps going.
  • I like that updates are rare. I feel that gives a feeling of stability.
  • I like that RealVNC doesn't try to do too much. What it does, it does well.
  • I'm not sure I can think of anything RealVNC could do better. It's a simple program that does what it does very well.
Works well on servers and unattended PC's. Not so well on computers that need more security.
Read Scott Cook's full review
Constantine Perenne profile photo
October 12, 2015

VNC Connect Review: "The real truth of Real VNC"

I haven't had a chance to use the enterprise version, but the free version is fantastic! I constantly find myself switching between RealVNC and Dameware. They both accomplish the same thing, and RealVNC is just as good as remote desktop. If you don't have any experience with this, and use something else, you should definitely give it a shot. I know there is a Chrome extension, which sounds fantastic, but I use Firefox. Overall, very happy with the software.
  • Fast remote login
  • Easy to understand the application
  • Works seamlessly
  • No audio output
  • No high end graphics option
  • Needs improvements on the mobile app
RealVNC is a great alternative for remote desktop, without configuring any Windows Firewall.
Read Constantine Perenne's full review
Michael Mei profile photo
October 05, 2015

VNC Connect Review: "Feel like sitting next to the PC without sitting there physically? Try RealVNC."

We have many advertisement players in our campus. Since there are so many of them, we can't run around to see what's playing. And RealVNC resolves all the problems of running around to just see what's playing. We can see all players' screen in a computer. And of course, we can control all the players we want.
  • We can connect to all the channel players.
  • Just like sitting in front of those players.
  • Only problem is that we can't remote to a computer if we are outside the local network, but can so do from home because I can just forward the port from the router. In the campus, it's too much trouble to get that configuration done.
The encryption is the most important feature that we want since that is one of the requirements for all the connections from one computer to others. Another feature is it can print from the remote PC back to my local printers, that saves a lot of time.
Read Michael Mei's full review
Randall Hobbs profile photo
October 09, 2015

VNC Connect Review: "RealVNC Couldn't Be Better!"

I have been using RealVNC for years - I currently use it on my home server, which I have set up with Linux and X11VNC, and I use RealVNC to connect to it remotely (tunneled through SSH). The setup is super simple, and allows me to work on it as if I were sitting at the server working, no matter where I am. I have quite a few virtual machines that run under VirtualBox on this system, and it allows me to operate those with absolutely no issues as well. It's dependable and rock stable. Overall, I would highly recommend RealVNC, both the client and the server (on systems that support it). It has always done exactly what I needed it to - I couldn't ask for more.
  • Remote connections to your existing desktop.
  • Nothing I can think of.
Working with the desktop of any remote system running any flavor of VNC. RealVNC client works perfectly with everything.
Read Randall Hobbs's full review
Matt Medley profile photo
March 13, 2015

VNC Connect: "Simple, Easy to understand review of RealVNC"

I use RealVNC within my organization for multiple tasks. It's a quick and easy way to remote into a users PC and resolve an issue. We also use it to remote into servers at sites all across the US and in other countries. Since RealVNC has an easy to use interface, it's very quick to pick it up and use it when needed.
  • RealVNC handles PC authentication very well and generates easy to read and understand error messages if it has difficult connecting to a host.
  • RealVNC handles multiple desktop environments easily.
  • RealVNC makes it easy to switch between connected machines to manage multiple machines within one environment.
  • The only concerns I have about RealVNC in our environment is security.
  • We also have a concern about encryption across PCs that are outside of our HQ.
  • We'd like to see and hear about what RealVNC has planned for the next year.
I chose a 10 because of it's easy of use and small client size. It's easily installed / deployed and works pretty much right out of the box. It's well suited for machines that are on the network, either physically connected or connected through VPN of some sort. RealVNC can also work using IP of machines outside the network, but functions at it's best with machines on the same domain.
Read Matt Medley's full review
Kevin Medeiros profile photo
March 10, 2015

VNC Connect Review: "Fantastic and affordable solution for a LAN, falls short elsewhere though"

RealVNC was used by the IT department to gain access to end user's computers in order to provide remote technical support.
  • RealVNC's compatibility was fantastic. With RealVNC server running on a Windows PC you can connect to it using a number of various other clients, so you were not restricted client side to just one product.
  • RealVNC was stable and had a small memory footprint, unlike many other remote assistance programs.
  • RealVNC was very lightweight and had several options to make it work well on high latency, low throughput connections.
  • RealVNC could definitely come with native encryption built in.
  • RealVNC could use an overhaul with their UI in order to make it more user friendly.
RealVNC is a great way to connect within a LAN, but is not easy to setup or secure to access off LAN. It also does not provide native encryption which may be an issue in some environments.
Read Kevin Medeiros's full review
Shon Lindsay profile photo
December 09, 2014

VNC Connect Review: "14 year tech pro endorses REALVNC"

I'm a Computer Analyst and Real VNC is being used to support all users remotely with software issues across and international platform in a migrating platform of Windows XP to Windows 7. It enables me to log into a machine that's authenticated to our network.
  • It allows for security compliance with authenticated session which gives the user comfort that someone is not just logging into their machines anytime they want.
  • It allow's me to manage and prioritize from my desk in a high demand department and extends my capabilities of being everywhere at once while going nowhere.. Working from my desk.
  • You can solve minor or major issues and give the user the comfort of being at there desk on their computer.
  • The only problem I see with real vnc is a user not having it installed. Fortunately, VNC is a part of all company built machines.
  • I'd like the option to be able to view users with double screens involved without the users assistance of dragging items over to one screen.
Real VNC is the best in the business a far as remote support. Works great and easy to install.. Allows you to support a few users at once.. In the office or remote..
Read Shon Lindsay's full review

Screen sharing (19)
9.4
File transfer (7)
6.7
Instant message (11)
Secure remote access with Smart Card authentication (4)
Access to sleeping/powered-off computers (8)
Over-the-Internet remote session (21)
Initiate remote control from mobile (14)
Remote management of servers & workstations (6)
6.3
Centralized management dashboard (9)
Session record (1)
Annotations (6)
6.5
Monitoring and Alerts (3)
Multi-platform remote control (4)
6.4

About VNC Connect

VNC Connect enables users to remotely access and control their devices wherever they are in the world, whenever they need to. The vendor says VNC has a widespread user base from individuals to the world's largest multi-national companies utilizing the technology for a range of applications.

VNC Connect Features

Remote Administration Features
Has featureScreen sharing
Does not have featureFile transfer
Has featureInstant message
Has featureSecure remote access with Smart Card authentication
Has featureAccess to sleeping/powered-off computers
Has featureOver-the-Internet remote session
Has featureInitiate remote control from mobile
Does not have featureRemote management of servers & workstations
Does not have featureRemote Active Directory® management
Has featureCentralized management dashboard
Does not have featureSession record
Has featureAnnotations
Does not have featureMonitoring and Alerts
Does not have featureMulti-platform remote control

VNC Connect Competitors