Excellent alternative to the competition!
Updated January 07, 2022
Excellent alternative to the competition!
Score 10 out of 10
Power PDF Advanced
Overall Satisfaction with Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance)
I use this program on a daily basis and it has made life so much easier! It allows me to create, edit, send, and sign PDFs all in one place. It is so much less expensive than the competition and it has absolutely everything I need and more. It’s simple to use once you get the hang of it. It’s interconnected with DocuSign so everything I need to do with a document is all housed in one place.
- Editing PDFs
- Signing documents
- Combining multiple programs into one spot
- It’s somewhat confusing until you get the hang of it. It took a while to figure out where to insert photos, etc.
- The ability to edit text has saved me incredible amounts of time. Before that, I was printing things out, whiting them out, scanning or copying, and then saving. This allows me to insert and redact info as necessary.
- It is far less expensive than other pdf editing software and it doesn’t have a monthly fee attached.
Overall it is an easy program to use once you get the hang of it. Everything is right there on the main screen and isn’t hidden in secret dropdown menus. Now that I know what I’m doing I’m able to get in, make my edits, sign, and be finished within minutes. This is an excellent program overall.
It has all of the same features for a fraction of the price. I was getting tired of watching monthly subscription fees stack up and this was a one-time payment and I’m done. I’m able to edit documents quickly and get started on other things. I would recommend this to anyone looking.
This is the one thing I struggle with. If you do have an issue it isn’t exactly easy to get help. The “help” feature just links you to a giant manual and it doesn’t ever really seem to be the answer you’re looking for so if you’re trying to figure out how to do something, trial and error is probably how you’re going to figure it out.
Do you think Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance) delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance)'s feature set?
Did Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance) live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance) go as expected?
Would you buy Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance) again?
The simple ability to edit the text of a PDF is invaluable. It is truly the feature I use the most. We work with a lot of bids and documents that need to have information redacted before sending out to the field or to a subcontractor and this makes doing that a breeze.
I would say if you need solid PDF editing software and don’t want to pay astronomical monthly fees for your entire office this is the way to go. It’s a one-time inexpensive fee and you’re good to go. It has all of the functions of the well-known competitor and works just as well. I haven’t looked back since purchasing this.
Using Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance)
4 - We use this in accounting, the project management team, and the administrative team.
1 - This is something that I typically handle in the office. I have learned the program and will help to install and implement it on other team members computers. The ease of use with this program makes it simple for me to "train" others how to use it. We haven't needed much support outside of that.
- Editing documents prior to sending out to the superintendent team
- Signing documents prior to sending out to clients via docusign
- Marking up and commenting on documents and/or drawings for clients and subcontractors.
- You are able to work with blueprints in Kofax. You can take measurements, draw, and make small edits to plans. We have used it to make small sketches for clients to present them with ideas that they can then take to their architects to implement. We were pleasantly surprised with how well that functionality works.
It is an awesome alternative to adobe. We like the 1 time fee over the monthly. We are typically offered discounts on updated products and services offered by kofax, and are overall very happy with the performance of the program. I can't see any reason to switch at this point.
Evaluating Kofax Power PDF and Competitors
- Product Features
- Product Usability
It started off as price because it is significantly more affordable than the competition. Then once we started really using the product we started to realize all of the great features that it has that are more than comparable to adobe. We enjoy the fact that we don't lack any features and we also don't have an annoying monthly fee.
Kofax Power PDF Implementation
It was simple and we were using the program the same day. It was as easy as downloading the program and getting in there and playing around. We felt comfortable with it within the first few hours of use.
Kofax Power PDF Support
We did not purchase premium support because the program was very simple to use and we didn't feel that it would add any value for our company in particular. If we had a larger company with more users then it may have been a different story
Using Kofax Power PDF
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- The comment function is very simple to use
- The clip art function is very simple to use
- The typewriter function is very simple to use
- The only complaint that I have is that uploading photos to the clip art section is extremely cumbersome. It seems like there are too many steps for something that should be a simple process. This is the only way that I've found to get photos into the program so maybe I'm missing something, but I'd like to have the option to just insert a photo in a more simple fashion