Overall Satisfaction with Lifesize Video Conferencing
Lifesize is being used across the organization as a video conferencing solution with the anticipation that it will fill the need to quick, efficient conferencing with remote teams. The system allows us to have people join by PC, phone, or live in person in one of our system set up rooms. It allows for presenting video, audio, and PC presentations live.
- Multiple ways to join a call.
- Setting up reoccurring meetings is relatively easy for admins on the cloud site.
- Phone and computer apps are nicely put together and easy to use.
- Highly proprietary.
- Equipment is very costly compared to other brands.
- Lack of true Microsoft Teams integration.
- Somewhat difficult customer service.
- Reduced travel for meetings.
- Ability to participate in a broader base of meetings.
I would just be sure of what you are getting into before spending the money. However, a few years ago when this was first implemented, it was the best solution of its day.
- Logitech Rally, Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business (formerly Lync)
Microsoft Teams can be integrated with a myriad Logitech or Jabra devices, many of the same or better quality than Lifesize. The cost for these devices is also significantly less.
I believe if you are looking for a high-end system that allows a lot of features and you are not using a different audio/visual conferencing solution, this is the system for you. However, there are other brands who have worked hard to integrate their devices with Microsoft Solutions and the cost factor is significantly less for the same capability.