Overall Satisfaction with Looker
Looker is used across our organization for business analysis. We also use Looker as a platform for customer-facing metrics.
- Birst,Tableau,Good Data,BIME
- Birst: very opaque for teams accustomed to DevOps (i.e., programmable infrastructure)
- Tableau: no cloud strategy. Does not scale horizontally
- GoodData: flexible, but cumbersome. Requires Java
- BIME: less flexible, inferior charting
Well suited for teams that wish to focus on software development and not BI development. Looker has the cloud architecture that we believe all next-gen BI platforms must have. We chose them because they seemed to have the right thesis and the ability to deliver continuous improvements. We've not been disappointed.