Maitre'd, it works.
November 02, 2017
Maitre'd, it works.
Score 5 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Maitre'D
Maitre'd is our primary point of sale system for over 55 locations in three states. It allows us to capture customer payment, push orders to our kitchen, and manage ordering/inventory.
- Maitre'd allows us to use their Broadcaster module to push product and pricing updates to all five of our regions, simplifying product rollout and updates.
- The program is versatile and allows for integration with loyalty and online ordering systems, however that does require some advanced technical knowledge to properly execute.
- The program is easy to learn from a cashier and management standpoint, new hires can get up to speed quickly which helps minimize required training time and ultimately labor hours.
- Maitre'd is an older system, relying on an outdated type of POS architecture which requires a back office local server. Newer solutions are cloud based which reduce some points of failure and allow for faster updates to both software and products.
- Maitre'd has many hidden options and menus which can sometimes become cumbersome, especially from a support standpoint.
- System does not allow for a global password for management so support teams need to maintain accounts at every single location the software is deployed.
- Negative impact would be the points of failure associated with a system reliant on one server running in the back of the store, which isn't something that happens often but does occur from time to time.
- Positive experience would be Maitre'd has done an excellent job serving its purpose, it has helped us sell many products over the years and provided accurate sales reporting the next day.
- Maitre'd provides good reporting, but there are some areas it can improve in such as inventory management and adding a more robust real time reporting system for corporate.
- Posera (The Developer of Maitre'd) also has an excellent kitchen video system which plays nicely with Maitre'd, adding value to the overall product.
We have been on various versions of Maitre'd for about ten years now and came from conventional cash registers. Maitre'd obviously added tremendous value in that situation. As far as looking to the future goes, we have compared Maitre'd to various competitors and found our biggest knock on it is they haven't moved to a cloud model yet.
Maitre'd is probably best suited for smaller chains where recurring monthly expenses need to be reduced and a cloud model is not a fit. It would most likely thrive for companies with 8 or less locations. If deployed to multiple locations, I would recommend having an inhouse IT department familiar with the product or a very reliable reseller because the product can be finicky from time to time.