Overall Satisfaction with Microsoft Visual Studio Code
We use [Microsoft Visual Studio Code] as a more lightweight application to review pieces of code with the ability to easily write and correct pieces of code In a variety of different languages. It even has the autocomplete for a variety of languages to help with hints on how to complete the current line you are looking to write. It allows us to put this across the business on a lot of different machines and now that it isn’t too weighty and won’t slow the machine down for simple functions and reviews.
- It’s lightweight
- Able to handle a large variety of coding languages
- Has the relevant colour notation to make writing code easier
- Auto complete of some functions
- Easier download of other languages or plug ins.
- Able to download what you like into the initial instal in packages
- Clearer customisation of the UI
- Allowed us to review code quicker
- Give access to a light weight studio for those who don’t usually require it.
- Saves on cost of upgrading machines to handle enterprise version
It suited the purposes required. IDE is clearly the more complicated version designed for a developer to use and can be leveraged into more powerful actions but not everyone needs the entire IDE like that and a cheaper more agile tool like [Microsoft Visual Studio Code] is ideal for business users.
Do you think Microsoft Visual Studio Code delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Microsoft Visual Studio Code's feature set?
Did Microsoft Visual Studio Code live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Microsoft Visual Studio Code go as expected?
Would you buy Microsoft Visual Studio Code again?
[Microsoft Visual Studio Code] works well for us to give to users who don’t need [Visual Studio] professional licenses but need to review and amend code infrequently. In our organization supervisors and managers have access so that they can review work if needs be. We can even provide this to users who want to try something outside their usual role, as it’s a full suite for most users.