Overall Satisfaction with Mimecast Secure Email Gateway
We switched to Mimecast Secure Email Gateway for our entire organization three years ago when our former provider discontinued the product we were using. It was a great upgrade for us! Mimecast does an excellent job of filtering spam and other unwanted messages. It also provides a lot of control in terms of the ability to modify rules, make exceptions, and search to find what happened to an email message. Furthermore, Mimecast offers additional security features which protect our users from threats. For example, Mimecast rewrites the URLs in all incoming messages and checks those when a user clicks to block malicious URLs.
- Excellent filtering of spam and unwanted messages. It really cleans things up in this regard without producing a lot of false positives.
- It has great security features that enable us to protect our users from email borne threats.
- Powerful configuration options that help you to dial in exactly how you want Mimecast to behave.
- A great Outlook add-in for users that is simple and convenient.
- Mimecast offers the ability to spool mail if your mail server is down. Users can access this spooled mail for business continuity.
- The admin console is powerful, but it isn't always intuitive. It seems like things could be a little better organized to make it easier for admins to use.
- The impersonation protection rule is good and keeps getting better, but could still use work.
- Mimecast reduces our risk from email borne threats, which directly translates to lower IT and security costs.
- Mimecast ensures we will always have access to email, which ensures our business will never miss a valid message from a customer.
- Mimecast is easy for our users, which saves us time and frustration and thereby improves productivity.
We found Mimecast to offer the value and features we were seeking at a more competitive price when compared to its competitors. It was a significant enhancement over the cloud-based service we used prior to switching. Therefore, we've been happy with our choice and would recommend Mimecast over anything else we've used or evaluated in the marketplace.
In my opinion, Mimecast is suitable for any business that wants greater control over the content, URLs, and attachments they receive via email. It also serves a great business continuity function, given the business-critical nature of email communication today. We have been very pleased with the value of our investment in Mimecast's services and would sign up again in a heartbeat if we had it to do all over.