My Integrated Management Environment
October 21, 2020
My Integrated Management Environment
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with MindManager
We use MindManager to diagram cloud networks for customers. MindManager allows us to provide the customer with a high-level overview of their AWS or Azure systems and drill-down into specific services. We also use MindManager to diagram the security components of the systems. Compliance mandates are identified and outlined at a high-level with drill-down or linking to specific policies.
- Excellent big picture overview with easy expansion and contraction of map
- Detailed drill-down capability into separate line-items and notes
- Publishing capability to share MindManager with other connected or interested parties
- Convenient and easy to use hyperlink capability that can be launched within MindManager or in a separate window
- Ability to link to and launch another MindManager from within current one
- Excellent integration with Outlook
- Drag and drop within the map sometimes is tricky, making placement, or rearrangement of items frustrating. Maybe a "snap to" type feature could help.
- Photoshop integration would be great. Specifically, adding a quick insert button to add a Photoshop image and/or a video.
- Microsoft Project integration would be very helpful.
- MindManager provides me with all the necessary tools to organize my information. Efficiency, ease of use, and the ability to have all my information accessible from one map are invaluable.
- MindManager allows me to seamlessly integrate other tools such as Outlook into my maps. This ability reduces clutter, promotes organization, and makes me more responsive to the needs and demands of my customers.
- MindManager saves me time and money by providing all the software tools necessary for success in an integrated map.
MindManager provides easy-to-understand and use tools that allow me to organize my work in a way that I find beneficial. Starting with a concept, I can brainstorm in various directions by quickly and easily inserting ideas into a map. I can add, move, modify, or delete these ideas until I find the combination that works for me. I can link to outside data sources, launch programs such as Excel or even link to other maps for more information. The ease and convenience of performing these tasks from the map is invaluable.
MindManager is clearly the easiest to use and most powerful and most intuitive mapping software I have used. I had used the Brain, but find MindManager easier to use, with more features and more useful for all types of data management. I'm not aware of any other products that even come close to offering all the features found in MindManager.
Do you think MindManager delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with MindManager's feature set?
Did MindManager live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of MindManager go as expected?
Would you buy MindManager again?
Fast courteous and meaningful responses to questions I have submitted either via phone or email. The online resources are also very helpful and easily accessible.
MindManager is very intuitive. The user interface is not cluttered and the ribbon icons are easy to understand. Several excellent "how-to" videos are available on the MindManager site as well as on YouTube. MindManager starts quickly and the user interface is very responsive. Launching other programs from MindManager such as Excel is very fast and issue free. The browsing feature is lightning fast. The drag-and-drop capability is also very fast and reliable.
MindManager is best for an integrated management environment or "IME." I develop code in an IDE, but use MindManager as my single source/pane for project management. My MindManager is architected to provide me with fast, easy access to all my important information. I can also keep track of my Outlook email and calendar and generate reports from my map.