TRUE
TRUE

Engineer's Use of MindManager

August 11, 2021

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of MindManager, and make your voice heard!

Annual Subscription

$169

per year

One-Time Cost

$349

per perpetual license

Organizations

Contact sales team

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.mindmanager.com/en/pages/my…

Product Demos

MindManager – Powerful Visualization Tools and Mind Mapping Software
01:21
Best Project Management Software
04:59
Your introduction to MindManager
11:16

What is MindManager?

MindManager aims to bring clarity and structure to plans, projects, and processes.

With it, the vendor says users can transform scattered ideas and information into dynamic visual mind maps, flowcharts, concept maps, matrices and other diagrams. They state users can also take control of their work, synthesize vast amounts of data, collaborate and communicate more effectively, and boost productivity to gain a competitive edge.

MindManager is presented as a suite of intuitive visualization products that helps individuals and teams think more clearly, make better decisions, and get on the path to personal and organizational success.

MindManager Screenshots

Screenshot of MindManager Product SuiteScreenshot of MindManager for MacScreenshot of MindManager for Microsoft TeamsScreenshot of MindManager SnapScreenshot of MindManager GoScreenshot of Mind Maps in MindManagerScreenshot of Organizational Charts in MindManagerScreenshot of Timelines  in MindManagerScreenshot of Flowcharts  in MindManagerScreenshot of Venn & Onion Diagrams  in MindManagerScreenshot of Kanban Boards  in MindManagerScreenshot of Funnel Charts  in MindManagerScreenshot of Matrix Diagrams  in MindManager

MindManager Videos

MindManager – Visualization Tools and Mind Mapping Software
In this video, TrustRadius goes over some of the best project management software out there - including MindManager.
This 10-minute video provides a crash course in the various functionalities and use cases of MindManager, and a walkthrough of how it helps teams work more effectively and efficiently.

MindManager Downloadables

MindManager Integrations

MindManager Competitors

MindManager Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android
Supported LanguagesEnglish, French, German, Japanese, Russian, Chinese

MindManager is a mind mapping and project management tool that aims to boost users’ productivity. It is designed to facilitate a wide range of project types, and includes cross-platform functionality and 3rd party integrations.

Xmind are common alternatives for MindManager.

Reviewers rate Availability and Performance and Implementation Rating highest, with a score of 9.1.

The most common users of MindManager are from Enterprises (1,001+ employees) and the Higher Education industry.

I use MindManager to organize my ideas in diagrams and present them to my colleagues and other stakeholders. I also used MindManager to explain the organization hierarchy and show how different departments interact with each other. MindManager was specially useful in a project that I was leading that involved an external supplier. It was easy to explain our manufacturing process flow.
  • Easy to create flow diagrams
  • Easy to connect ideas when brainstorming
  • Easy to share the projects with other people
  • Once we had a problem to save a file and the work was lost
  • At the beginning it is not so intuitive the way it works
  • I would like to easily access more shapes and colors for the textboxes
MindManager is very well suited to organizing the ideas that are in your head and putting them into paper. It is a very good tool to show other people in a graphic way the way you think and how different stakeholders or processes interact with each other. MindManager is not the best tool if you are looking for a very attractive and original tool to use in a presentation
I was working on a project that involved an external company that provided a 3D visualization platform that we used to show our customers what our equipment looks like in 3D. I used mind manager to explain to the external company the way we work and execute projects, and at which stages of project execution, we could use their tool.
Jay J. Keller | TrustRadius Reviewer
I've been using MindManager for more than 20 years. Most of the time I used MM to draw mind maps during meetings and to this day, I can almost remember any discussion I had in that meeting with other participants. Even highly complex meetings I can capture with ease and if I have to write meeting minutes, it is easy to do even after days passed. This tool is that powerful. Occasionally I use it for other things too but that is not why I bought the product so many years ago.
  • Mind Maps.
  • Easy organize thoughts.
  • Summary of meetings.
  • I would love to use it on my iPad too.
This is my go-to tool for sorting discussions via Mind Maps. The visible way of organizing discussions is just the best. I could not do it without a tool like this. Even if I read a book and I want to summarize it, I use a Mind Map and stick it in the book. Online presentations where I need to get the gist of it noted down I do with Mind Maps. I love it!
I feel like I repeat myself but this is exactly why I use MindManager, I want to remember what was said, how we came to this conclusion. I can focus on the big view by blending out low-level comments/ideas if needed and then individually drill down into specific areas if needed.
Andreea Chirindel | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have used it for multiple use cases - the main one is to map information into defined "buckets" hierarchically organized. The best thing about the tool is its ability to add notes for the components of the map as well as its pdf export functionality. Awesome! The departments that I worked after did not have the tool so I tried using some other solutions unsuccessfully. None out there is as great as MindManager.
  • Break larger ideas into logically connected sub-ideas
  • Add notes for the main buckets of work
  • Export the maps and its links as well as notes
  • Ease of navigation and map building
  • Make it easier for companies to order the tool - focus on institutional sales
MindManager was used in Sprint 0 Agile planning sessions to track workflow steps and important details on them. MindManager was used in mapping a large amount of information into organized, hierarchically connected "buckets" MindManager was used in mapping user requirements and documenting the work breakdown.
We have collected requirements and documented them using the notes feature. We have organized functional specs dynamically and updated them as new specs were coming in, we have used it to structure the information in a way that is easy to digest and visualize.
Jennie Vickers | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use MindManager for a variety of things, but at the moment it is not working. This may be because of Mojave.
  • Provides a one page view
  • Allows you to identify gaps fast
  • Forces more creative solutions
  • A one-year subscription is not good for those of us who started using MindManager when it came on a disc. Life changes, jobs change, and devices change. One year on either a PC or Mac does not endear me to MindManager.
  • It has logged me out a few times. When this happens and I am busy it is easier to use an alternative piece of tech.
  • I would like the Mac and PC versions to be fully matched and interoperable.
I love MindManager for brain dumping a lot of ideas and data then turning them into Word docs for non-MindManager people.
I have been using MindManager almost since it began as a collar with Tony Buzan, so I have used it over time for everything. It helped when I was learning the languages of Italian and French. MindManager would provide a combination of pictures and words, etc.
Corey Willix | TrustRadius Reviewer
Is my manager is a cross-functional cross-departmental online whiteboarding and strategy tool. It allows me to bring together customer success Marketing sales and operations into a single room online so we can all collaborate in a real-time fashion.
  • MindManager has an excellent library of templates to choose from they get you started quickly.
  • MindManager is more simple to launch and learn versus other mind mapping software that can be quite complex to learn out of the box.
  • In a cross-platform company such as ours, having the ability for users to patch him through both windows and mobile at the same time is a very helpful feature.
  • Not able to add many different types of multi-media to the map (such as Video files, etc)
  • Would like a broader range of Export options
It is perfect to collaborate between Marketing and Sales Teams - specifically when talking about the lead flow between an MQL, SQL, and SAL and where the Lead Quals are defined.
It's a great repository to combine multiple types of files such as PDFs, websites, PowerPoints, and many different types of resources into a single location as it pertains to a key initiative or project.
In our organization, we use MindManager as an alternative tool/method to display interdependences. This helps on one hand in understanding complex topics and on the other hand, gives structure and indicates gaps. The automatic layout function saves a lot of time especially when the full picture (because of the complex topic) is not known in the beginning.
  • Automatic layouting when entering more/new items
  • Additional information can be added to the items
  • Easy handling by automation
  • Multiple connections (n to n)
  • Export functionality
  • More easily co-editing (compare with Mural, Miro, Whiteboard etc.)
The MindManager tool is very useful for complex topics as it grows dynamically with the maturity of work. It shows enough flexibility as the full picture is not known at the beginning. More templates like Kanban charts would help in broader usage of tools. More flexibility in export functions would make it easier to integrate into our business processes.
We use the tool for various topics. One example was the collection of technologies that were structured into areas. It helped to identify gaps and redundancies. To use it as a thesaurus was another project, but it became quite complicated as the items had multiple connections. Here we see some potential to improve.
Freddy Cardoza | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Mind Manager for large-scale project planning that involves numerous staff, organizational teams, support resources, and due dates. I also use Mind Manager for ideation on big ideas, masterminding my career, creating to-do lists, and even for making presentations to my team. Finally, I use it for training students in graduate school and doctoral projects, and classroom instruction.
  • Project Planning
  • Project Management
  • Ideation
  • Brainstorming
  • Customizing icons and colors in more areas is needed
  • Making it easier to insert and manage due dates, which is slightly clunky and not as intuitive or "smart" technology-wise.
  • Kill sales popups after pro versions have been purchased.
Most Useful Scenarios: brainstorming explaining processes project planning to mastermind complex ideas or plans Less Useful Scenarios: Items needing to be tracked by calendar date, customization in certain areas of the program should be expanded for more attractive visual appeal, and some intuitive features are lacking-- a new look at the layout may be advisable... even so, Mind Manager remains best in class.
I have done enormous projects with Mind Manager that involve large-scale visuals and complicated reporting relationships, spreadsheets, forms, images, and on-the-side comments tucked away from the main planning content. The ability of Mind Manager to integrate leading tools (SaaS) like Excel, Word, etc.) is helpful. It also allows for multiple level plans to collapse up or down, using a toggle switch, so you can see the entire process or the top headline/main category of tasks with just a click.
I run an academic research lab. I use it to plan my days, weeks and quarters e.g. I have a map called "Today" that keeps me on track along with a new map for each week that tracks more goals. I also have maps for the overall lab goals. I often use maps to help brainstorm and outline new grants and papers that I'm writing.
  • I use it often to brainstorm and then arrange the topics into an outline.
  • It's a very easy, graphical and flexible way to setup a to do list for both short and long term projects.
  • I have also started using the flowchart capabilities to details experimental plans.
  • I would like to be able to select several topics and group them, then color them as a group.
  • Right when I select a set of topics and select Boundary, each topic gets its own boundary.
  • I would like an easier process to customize my maps e.g. with specific fonts, colors, etc. I know that this can be done, but I would like it to be easier.
  • In the latest version I'm having trouble linking to Outlook emails. This may be due to a change in outlook, but it is a capability that I really miss.
I think it is clearly the best way to make a to-do list. My weekly list is essentially my dashboard for the week. Every Monday morning I spend a few minutes updating the previous map and it gets me on track for the coming week. I've not found the Gantt chart functions very user-friendly. It would be great to improve this.
When I am writing a grant or paper, I often start by brainstorming ideas onto a map. This eventually turns into an outline which lets me then open up a Word document with a clear direction. The ability to move things around is very important and a clear advantage over generating an outline within a word processing program.
Dan Ryan | TrustRadius Reviewer
My use of MindManager is not in any way problem specific. I find it helpful for working with any complex problem. In my experience, it helps me to clarify and refine my own thinking and organize my thoughts and express them visually so that they are more easily understood by others as well.
  • The interface makes it very easy to use.
  • The fonts and design elements make the maps easy to read.
  • Exporting the maps to other formats is easy to do.
  • I would like to be able to click and drag some elements to make it easier to read. Some things can get bunched.
  • Always looking for templates from other users who are smarter than me.
This is the single best tool to help visual learners express themselves on complex matters in my opinion. I have tried and used other programs that have certain elements, but this is far and away from the best option for me. The more complex the problem, the more that using this pays off. I tend to start in almost brainstorming mode and then move to group items and either arrange them in terms of process flow or simply organizationally.
The program is very powerful and I confess that I am probably only benefitting from the tip of the iceberg when it comes to features available to me. Whether it is reimagining organizational charts to examining processes, the software is intuitive and helps me make my thoughts visual, and sometimes even visually appealing.
I primarily use MindManager to brainstorm and plan. I first discovered it about 20 years ago while working in Marketing in London. It is very flexible and versatile; enabling me to put all my thoughts down, before re-organising; refining; prioritising, and then converting to a presentation or document. I find it significantly more productive than starting with Word or Powerpoint.
  • Brainstorming
  • Resource planning
  • Collaborating
  • Pricing model for 3rd world countries
I find it brilliant when collaborating. It is very user-friendly and easy to put down multiple thoughts into one place, before organising them into a more coherent structure. Being that it is visual, it speeds up the creative thought process and therefore improves productivity. Different templates provide a good starting point, which also improves productivity.
While I was Managing Director of a building company, I used to use it to do top-level planning for projects. This would vary from project to project and would include but not be limited to identifying tasks; managing risks; allocating resources; estimating timeframes; identifying milestones; prioritising actions; tracking progress.
My primary use is in project planning, idea generation and brainstorming with a priority of seeing the range of relationships and connections possible for prioritizing and managing projects and engaging in a process of innovation. MindManager is a core tool for our operation which I have used for over 20 years. Each annual update adds helpful tools that make it an even more effective planning and innovation tool.
  • Project planning
  • Idea generation
  • Problem solving
  • Decision making
  • Consider broadening the template options
  • Bring back, as an option the older branching structure
  • Continue to increase the video training library
  • Consider integrating with Markdown as an option
Great for project planning tied to daily operations, as well as medium and long term visioning. MindManager serves as an effective brainstorming and idea generation that aids in planning, problem solving, and timely decision making. MindManager also provides a creative way to do daily work, and to think in the bigger picture for strategic planning. It is not as effective with substantive knowledge management.
MindManager has been a great tool for developing presentations and providing specific examples in the tool, while also providing a range of creative design options, which has been an effective way to memorize what is being presented. Some of the tools allow for prioritizing steps in project completion, with the option of creative colors and formatting, which adds to the planning and creative process. Expanded content can also be easily linked to a text box.
I use Mindmanger in my organization for the purposes of self leadership. The business problem it addresses is getting things out of my head and onto a screen in a way that can quickly be changed and manipulated to see connections and issues on the team.
  • MindMapping
  • Dashboarding
  • Being fast
  • Weird offline issue where I couldn't use it on a plane because it needed to connect to a license?
  • Not crashing on the MacOs
  • Legacy support - the older templates were the best
Really love it but sometimes it's too expensive to get more people onto it.
I benefit from this every day and in meetings because I can see connections in a way that I can't in a document.
Jennifer Magoon | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use mind manager to help drive conversations. The ability to create easy visuals in a remote world is imperative. I use the right map a lot in brainstorming sessions. I also like the flow charts because they auto aligns themselves. I like how I can export it in a variety of ways such as a PDF or a CSV which makes the data easy to use later on.
  • Very intuitive to use
  • Provides the data in various mediums after the fact (export as PDF, Excel, etc.)
  • Allows for co-editing
  • it would be great if it published out to a PowerPoint
  • more pre-defined templates
  • more icons
Mind Manager is great when brainstorming remotely. It could also work if brainstorming in person, but it is kind of hard to see if you are in a large room unless you zoom in or out. I wish that there were more icons to make it more visually appealing. It is also great for capturing process maps ad hoc, Visio requires a bit more skill and with Mind Manager, you don't need to spend as much time formatting it. I really like their Venn Diagram map but I cannot figure out how to add additional circles? So for basic things, I think it is great, but you will likely need to Google instructions for more advanced applications. OR you will have to start from scratch without using a template.
Our team was struggling with how to set up our new SharePoint Site. Rather than using stickies which were manual, I used mind manager to show the main pages, then sub-pages, and sub-pages after that. I was able to create several variations and allow the team to vote. It really helped them see what was possible quickly AND was easy to manipulate. I have also used mind manager to visually depict a fairly elaborate environment strategy that was hard for our IT folks to understand, they had always done something one way, I was proposing a new way, and I used Mind Manager to depict it which allowed everyone to understand and agree. Lastly, we used it to play around with the org structure of our team to see how it would play out. Using the import functionality we could bring it in from Excel saved us a lot of time.
Carrie Scott | TrustRadius Reviewer
MindManager is the easiest way for me to brainstorm with other colleagues and bring our ideas to life through visualization techniques. We are able to collaborate seamlessly and roadmap new projects, from concept to completion.
  • It captures and structures our information so that we don't lose sight of the important details.
  • We are able to connect broad swathes of data and information to help keep us focused on the most important issues at stake.
  • We can see at-a-glance where our time and effort need to be allocated.
  • To date I haven't found any holes in the solution set—I'm impressed!
It is best suited for teams that must work closely together on projects. I've found it particularly useful during the pandemic because the remote collaboration tools are incredible. From small, fast-turn projects to long-haul projects, it's been very useful in keeping us on track.
Some people are better at absorbing information when it is presented visually. For that reason, I have found this solution to work particularly well. The content is all there, it's just mapped out in a way that resonates for all team members.
MindManager is used within our project group to display system architectures and to capture and link requirements for complex systems. It has been used for planning work packages by linking dependencies between different aspects of the project or technology development and establishing task prioritization by making it clear which tasks and developments were needed for successful implementation.
  • Demonstrates interdependence of individual tasks and technologies.
  • Allows faster and clearer reorganization of linkages than a system like Microsoft Visio.
  • Improved integration to turn a collection of interdependent tasks into a Gantt Chart schedule.
MindManager has worked well for brainstorming sessions, breaking down a complex process into its interdependent components, and showing that all requirements of a system have been validated. It has been less effective when individuals on the team have tried to drive development processes and schedules solely through mind maps because it is difficult to allocate resource planning and quickly understand schedule health.
MindManager has helped in brainstorming sessions to understand the complexity and interdependence of the various complex systems and technologies that the team is developing. It has been most effective as a jumping-off point to start work on a new piece of development or when setting up an extensive document for requirements validation.
Drew Harrison | TrustRadius Reviewer
I've tried most mind mapping tools, and MindManager is among the best. It helps me with organizing my thoughts for project planning and product development. I dabbled with the co-editing feature as a partner wanted to brainstorm some products with it, and it's very robust for both solo users and teams.
  • The co-editing feature makes collaborating with others a delight.
  • Seems to be the most polished and feature-rich of all the mind mapping tools I've tried.
  • Very flexible handles many different project types for various needs and goals.
  • The pricing is a little high for solo users compared to other mind mapping tools, but the functionality justifies the cost.
  • The Android app didn't let me edit my maps last time I tried to use it, would be nice to edit on the go.
  • Would be nice if non-paying users could co-edit maps.
MindManager is amazing for brainstorming, collecting related ideas and resources, structuring thoughts, ideas, and processes, and planning projects. There are plenty of other uses as well, but it can almost be overwhelming to figure out all the possible use-cases. It's also a great tool for collaborating on projects with others remotely.
I was recently planning to build a new piece of software and needed to do a lot of research to decide how to best create it. MindManager made it easy to compare competitors for various functions, pricing, and technology used to get a better idea of the competition and help me decide what features to focus on versus weaknesses in existing products on the market.
Mostly for mind maps to capture business needs to create requirements. There are people who use it to track task activities related to these items.
  • Capture ideas as they are "discovered."
  • Relate items that may seem to be unrelated.
  • Go from the macro to the micro.
  • Most grief is the whole update process. Every year going through it makes me think there has to be a better product.
Great for getting all the details related to an outcome. Works from big to small. I don't think it would work well for small to big. I can have a concept and then go to what needs to be done, what features to include, who would we implement, etc.
It is a good way to bring a new leader on board. Our process can seem simple to an outsider and MindManager allows us to create a picture that shows all the touchpoints that make the process complex.
July 31, 2021

MindManager review

We are using MindManager to map our taxonomy and share it with different teams. It is being used by our department, but the access is to all the departments across the organization. We are trying to develop a taxonomy for our next gen products. This taxonomy includes a lot of research and cross-team collaborations. We use MindManager to create maps of conversations.
  • Collaboration
  • Simple to use
  • Knowledge management
  • Better UI
  • Could have a chat feature
  • Cloud availability
MindManager is specifically helpful in creating taxonomy at an enterprise level. It is a good tool for collaboration as you can use different mind maps and brainstorm. This tool can also come in handy for keeping meeting notes and expanding on them later in further meetings. It will be very helpful in design and planning.
As a business analyst, I needed to work with different teams that spoke different languages such as SLTs would talk in business and product teams would talk in technical. MindManager helped create mind maps for both these different teams and collaborate to create a single map that would talk both languages and make it easier for other teams to consume.
[MindManager is] used locally by individuals or very small groups to organize different types of information[.]
  • Links different type of information very well
  • Graphical layout is excellent for organizing the information
  • Navigating the Mindmap is very easy
  • The graphical layout could include a better way to integrate preset icons and more variety to make more interesting Mindmaps
[MindManager is well suited for] collecting and organizing various types of information is very appropriate[.]

Managing tasks for a project timeline may not be very easily done on a MindMap[.]
It helps to have all of the information related to a project collected in a single Mindmap that can be easily navigated to provide information on project progress. It also allows for defining what's missing more accurately because you can see how the various pieces of data connect to each other as well as when there are missing connections.
I have a single-user license. I enjoy using MindManager to map out my thoughts and ideas when I'm working on a challenging problem or investigation. I learned about MM from a colleague in my company, and I was able to get approval to purchase MM2019.
  • clean display
  • simple to use
  • easy to move and modify entries
  • The marketing pop-ups to buy the latest version are infuriating. Almost makes me want to uninstall.
Extremely well suited for Lean 6-sigma projects, problem solving (5 why's), and mind mapping thoughts around complex issues. Very good for brainstorming with colleagues since entry is very simple on the fly
Being used to a few ways:
1. To ideate with our clients, helping create define pathways and ideas through the mind mapping feature.
2. A way to organize ideas and thoughts that have multiple sub-levels.
  • Easy to start brainstorming and build out branches of an idea!
  • Great for converting to other file types, such as Word and Excel.
  • Great for problem solving and helping keep focus on an idea because it is more visual.
  • The export to PPT feature is not great—causes a lot of rework.
  • Hot keys were not easy to find or use because so many options exist.
  • So many features were available it was almost overwhelming the more I learned.
  • Couldn't get collaboration to work.
I would recommend MindManager if they are not using any visual tool to easily translate ideas onto a virtual whiteboard.
Was helpful in interviewing clients with a deep technical breakdown, allowing them to focus on one topic at a time to get a thorough answer.
It is used as a tool to analyze academic concepts for research, illustrating and linking course materials from several courses.
  • Organizing course materials
  • Mapping academic concepts
  • Presentations
  • Workflow
  • Task planning
  • At times, it starts to crash for no reason and does so multiple times.
  • Add more case studies of creative ways to use it.
  • Improve on support.
  • Improve on training.
Suited for concepts mapping. Unsuitable for almost nothing.
MindManager has helped me break down lecture content, technical engineering concepts into very small bites. The value I found was in its ability to then link these small knowledge bites to other knowledge bites within the same or different domains all being done in a visual layout. The system was instrumental in enhancing my deep understanding of technical concepts because of the capabilities it renders users to creatively modify knowledge visual bites they created around a specific topic.
July 08, 2021

Great

Rosemary Hershey | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is used across the whole company for layout of ideas, setting goals, broadening creativity, visual confirmation of product planning, growth and accountability. We may start the map asking a question as the main topic. Example, "How can I use 80/20 principle to lose weight?" And from that topic, branch out into subtopics, etc. etc. that offer options and solutions.
  • Captures creativity and creates a feedback loop.
  • Ideas on MindManager canvas help organize thinking and planning and implementation. It makes the whole of any project digestible and manageable.
  • Process documentation for product creation clarifies the Who, What, When, Where and Why so our output is quality consistent and value driven for our clients.
  • Personal satisfaction ranks high when using MindManager for any occasion.
  • I would like to see more instructional videos for new users because when I first began, the beginner videos were not that great and not that many.
  • A paid help hotline for users who want that personal help option to answer specific questions. Even if you limited the questions to one a week, it would be a great option to offer.
  • You had that service a long time ago but I don't believe you have it any longer.
Specifically well suited for outlining the writing of a new book.
Specifically well suited for setting up an online course for clients.
Well suited for planning any project either personal or business.
Less suited for accounting, banking, more rigid types of work.
MindManager is tremendously helpful to me because I can see what I write in its totality in one place. A One page MindManager Map might become a 100 page ebook or a 6 week training course. All the topics and subtopics in one Map has helped me produce several ebooks on Amazon has sparked new ideas for new publications and courses.
I use MindManager extensively for documentation, projects, and creating presentations. I have shown it to numerous students and people I work with. I wish I could have a $1 for every referral I made to buy MindManager prior to this last version.
  • Visualizing an overview of a recently read book.
  • Walking thru a process.
  • Importing large MS Project files to see visually.
  • In 2021, they removed the export to PowerPoint feature. They were good to provide me a refund. I will stay with 2020 until the feature is put back.
  • It seems that after the Corel purchase they have lost their way. I am looking for an alternative product and really like Lucid.
  • Ability to import in a Word document.
Version 2020 would have gotten a 10. Version 2021 has features removed. Great for reviewing large project plans provided they can be imported. 2020 is a great tool for creating curriculum and presentations, then exporting them quickly to MS Powerpoint.
A great tool to collaborate on brainstorming a sprint. I used the tags feature to quickly create roadmaps and plans.
We have used MindManager within our department to produce process flowcharts, process planning, project management, and notetaking. We found that it boosts productivity by allowing everyone involved in a project to collaborate as it has tight integration with MS Office and other business tools such as Microsoft Teams. It takes less effort to use compared to other tools and it was a great tool that we used to collectively gain visualization of our projects and processes.
  • Great to segment things out (projects, organizational charts, processes, workloads, etc) and gives you a full picture of the job.
  • It is user friendly, simple to use, and powerful.
  • MS Office and Teams integration is great. Allows for easy collaboration.
  • Great GUI and visuals
  • Excellent method for project planning and brainstorming
  • It can be difficult to print your mind map in a font that is large enough to easily read.
  • Certain features for first-time users are a bit daunting and there is a slight learning curve.
  • The help options can be enhanced.
I like how user-friendly MindManager is for someone who has learned how to use the program. I've tried many mind mapping tools, both online and offline and I find MindManager does it right the first time without any issues. It is also visually perfect, very intuitive, and offers all features you might need. MindManager produces really sharp and professional maps that can be used on screen shares and presentations without any hesitation. It is suited well for organizing personal projects and tasks. I use it to manage most of my personal information when not doing departmental projects and tasks.
MindManager has a good number of templates that one can use to easily create flowcharts, organization charts, and workflow processes. There are also a good number of built-in icons and images in the repository that can be added to flowcharts. We used to use a Microsoft product to conduct the same work and it took a significant amount of time to produce. While exploring MindManager, we were quite impressed with how much time was saved using the program and also adding added features such as collaboration.
A team can collaborate on the same project but cannot create a shared project file. It would be helpful for that feature to be added.