MindManager is a mind mapping tool that aims to boost the user's productivity. It helps with planning of any type of project.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/G0/tH/IK72TUPKZR3A.JPEGMindManager is the Ultimate Visual and Virtual AssistantMindManager (MM) is not being used professionally in our organization (team-wise). However, I use it for process mapping, org charts, and other data-driven infographics to help the engineering supervisor, leads, and team operate more efficiently. MM is invaluable for working on the ECN process, mapping out projects, recording meeting minutes, and helping to distill information across an entire team and/or department. MM solves several business problems, ranging from project management, project requirements, task management, meeting minutes, SharePoint mapping, presentations, documentation, and seeing the big picture and small picture. It provides executives, team leads, supervisors, and employees [a way] to assess a situation accurately, manage that assessment, and provide visual feedback to other employees.,Brainstorming Process Mapping Knowledge Management Meeting Management Problem Solving Task and Project Management Project Planning,MM is particularly suited for Corporate and Business Mapping because it taps into a person's visual understanding and its power to standardize learning and education is unparalleled. MM is an all-in-one Productivity Tool, possibly the first of its kind. In its early days, it was cited as the sixth member of MS Office and that was a well-stated idea. Imagine being able to visually map out data and content, update it visually, exporting it to MS Word/Excel/Powerpoint, interact with MS Outlook, and interact/work with MS Sharepoint? This is the perfect tool if you use Windows, MS Office, MS Sharepoint, or MS Outlook! MM is a personal (Virtual) assistant for me, it allows me to focus on creative thinking, brainstorming, and ideation so I can compete in the Marketplace. I use it to create Worksheets and Cheat Sheets to remember data, crunch numbers, and assess any situation with the most informed decisions.,The only problem I see with MM is learning how to create Templates and change the "visual" aspects of how a map looks.,1 to 10,10,I have never been late in almost 20 years of working in several industries and for several companies!!!!,I benefit from organizing information, structuring content, and developing strategies. I have used it for infographics, structuring data for an executive presentation, and many other scenarios. I used it for building a presentation and corporate mock-ups for AT&T, Dell SecureWorks, Jabil, and Verizon.,Mind Manager is the catalyst for rapid course design and developmentI use MindManager to plan all my courses. MindManager facilitates non linear thinking (which in reality is how most courses get built.). This means that I can jump in and out of different courses that are at different stages of development. Mind maps are the main type of diagram that I produce. The ability to collect information in different forms against the various parts of the diagram is invaluable to the data collection and prioritization part of course development. I also use MindManager to build concept maps and onion diagrams or venn diagrams when necessary. The ability to publish my mind map as an html page without writing a single line of code is also another great feature. This gives me maximum flexibility when disseminating information to my team. I also use the direct to word document and power point presentation quite frequently. Finally the other hidden gem in MindManager is that there is a template for querying your desktop outlook. If you get a lot of email then this is a tool for you, to boost your productivity. We currently use MindManager in one department but others have taken interest. I highly recommend MindManager !,Strategic Planning Brainstorming Process Mapping Education & Training Enterprise Collaboration Knowledge Management Meeting Management Problem Solving Task and Project Management Project Planning,Planning and Data Collection. - You can attach multiple types of documents, links and pictures to the various parts of your diagrams. Brainstorming - You can follow your mind wherever it needs to go with the flexibility of the diagrams that Mind Manager contains alongside the Brainstorming wizard that it contains. Publishing - MindManager's ability to publish into a variety of commonly used formats is unparalleled.,You should be able to connect to Sharepoint from the desktop version. Currently this only exists for those organizations that use the Enterprise version. Mind manager should be able to connect to GIS software directly. It would be great to link geo - enabled content to my Mind Maps and Concept maps. Start with establishing business relationships to ESRI Canada and Boundless. Please add auto bibliography capability.,1 to 10,10,Saved time. Improved quality. Improved accessibility of information. Vastly improved data collection and visualization.,It has enabled me to rapidly communicate my thoughts about the design of a course to other colleagues. It also enables us to hammer out a skeleton design for a course in as little as an hour. The real strength is the ability it gives you to maximize the data collection between two or more people within the precious half hour or hour that has been set aside for that week's meeting.,Feedback on Corel's MindManager Mind Mapping toolWe use MindManager in development and alumni engagement for a number of purposes. In my team, I have used it in my facilitated workshops to identify new initiatives and to influence the direction of my strategic roadmap. In addition, I have used it for understanding professional networks.,Strategic Planning Brainstorming Process Mapping Meeting Management Problem Solving,Network management - document personal connections within a group of people Service management - Identification of services offered and their contribution to the whole Service Planning - Document existing services as an analysis tool to identify gaps and potential for new services,None I am aware of. It is a fairly simple tool, in an niche.,1 to 10,8Convert a book into MindManagerI use mind manager to organize content of reference books and create value charts.,Strategic Planning Brainstorming Process Mapping Problem Solving,Dynamically organize information. Help identify strategy gaps. Maintaining mind maps in the cloud.,Improved process mapping. Support for Scrum.,1 to 10,10,Organized content needed for consulting. Improved strategic planning. Ability to quickly find information.,I took the BABOK guide and completely transferred all the content, text, chapters and illustrations into a mind map. I can see relationships between various chapters much more easily.,MindManager Makes Managing MindfulCurrently, due to the size and nature of our nonprofit, I am the sole user. I plan to develop other users. I use it for brainstorming, organizing projects and creating flowcharts/organizational charts. I am a huge fan of the ability to grab and move items easily to create up-to-the-minute work flows.,Strategic Planning Brainstorming Process Mapping Problem Solving Task and Project Management Project Planning,Organizational Charts - more flexible than other programs and allows for easy movement between areas. Venn Diagrams - Super as a training/explanation tool for teaching or educating donors and staff. SWOT and Matrix - allows us to drill down on issues - link to other maps and documents.,Swim Lanes - very important style for process management.,1 to 10,10,Saved time and stress trying to get a different program to do what MindManager does out of the box.,Our clients are classified in three groups, but often overlap into another group - the VENN diagram allowed my staff to understand this visually and then were able to be more comfortable in determining classification without worry that it may be "slightly off". Rolled out an organization structure redesign - Org Chart and Workflow documents provided dynamic and visually strong training materials.,Microsoft Visio
Windows, Mac
MindManager

MindManager Reviews

MindManager
Top Rated Award
Filter 70 vetted MindManager reviews and ratings
Miquiel Banks profile photo
November 16, 2018

Review: "MindManager is the Ultimate Visual and Virtual Assistant"

• MM is particularly suited for Corporate and Business Mapping because it taps into a person's visual understanding and its power to standardize learning and education is unparalleled.
  • MM is an all-in-one Productivity Tool, possibly the first of its kind. In its early days, it was cited as the sixth member of MS Office and that was a well-stated idea. Imagine being able to visually map out data and content, update it visually, exporting it to MS Word/Excel/Powerpoint, interact with MS Outlook, and interact/work with MS Sharepoint? This is the perfect tool if you use Windows, MS Office, MS Sharepoint, or MS Outlook!
  • MM is a personal (Virtual) assistant for me, it allows me to focus on creative thinking, brainstorming, and ideation so I can compete in the Marketplace. I use it to create Worksheets and Cheat Sheets to remember data, crunch numbers, and assess any situation with the most informed decisions.
  • The only problem I see with MM is learning how to create Templates and change the "visual" aspects of how a map looks.
Well Suited - Presentations, Meeting Minutes, Gathering Project Requirements, Project Management, Documentation, Technical Writing, Scheduling, Sharepoint/Site Mgmt, Visual/Task integration with MS Outlook.
Read Miquiel Banks's full review
Kevin Crichlow profile photo
November 16, 2018

MindManager Review: "Mind Manager is the catalyst for rapid course design and development"

We currently use MindManager in one department but others have taken interest.

I highly recommend MindManager !
  • Planning and Data Collection. - You can attach multiple types of documents, links and pictures to the various parts of your diagrams.
  • Brainstorming - You can follow your mind wherever it needs to go with the flexibility of the diagrams that Mind Manager contains alongside the Brainstorming wizard that it contains.
  • Publishing - MindManager's ability to publish into a variety of commonly used formats is unparalleled.
  • You should be able to connect to Sharepoint from the desktop version. Currently this only exists for those organizations that use the Enterprise version.
  • Mind manager should be able to connect to GIS software directly. It would be great to link geo - enabled content to my Mind Maps and Concept maps. Start with establishing business relationships to ESRI Canada and Boundless.
  • Please add auto bibliography capability.
Information exchange as well as problem decomposition and visualization.
Read Kevin Crichlow's full review
Wade Walker, CBIP profile photo
November 16, 2018

Review: "Feedback on Corel's MindManager Mind Mapping tool"

• Network management - document personal connections within a group of people
  • Service management - Identification of services offered and their contribution to the whole
  • Service Planning - Document existing services as an analysis tool to identify gaps and potential for new services
  • None I am aware of. It is a fairly simple tool, in an niche.
[Well suited for] analysis of networks (human, technology and otherwise), brainstorming, ideation and identification of new possibilities for services, products, etc.
Read Wade Walker, CBIP's full review
Robert DuPuy, MBA, PMP, RMP, CSM, CCBA profile photo
November 16, 2018

User Review: "Convert a book into MindManager"

• Dynamically organize information.
  • Help identify strategy gaps.
  • Maintaining mind maps in the cloud.
  • Improved process mapping.
  • Support for Scrum.
Very well suited for organizing content. I took content of book and dynamically organized chapters by relationships. Still a bit difficult to do process mapping and Scrum.
Read Robert DuPuy, MBA, PMP, RMP, CSM, CCBA's full review
Wendy Johnson profile photo
November 16, 2018

User Review: "MindManager Makes Managing Mindful"

• Organizational Charts - more flexible than other programs and allows for easy movement between areas.
  • Venn Diagrams - Super as a training/explanation tool for teaching or educating donors and staff.
  • SWOT and Matrix - allows us to drill down on issues - link to other maps and documents.
  • Swim Lanes - very important style for process management.
In early project development it allows for brainstorming without a lot of formatting issues - can move items around easily and add notes.

I haven't been able to do a swimlane process diagram.
Read Wendy Johnson's full review
November 16, 2018

User Review: "MindManager transformed our processes."

MindManager is great, it allows our teams to do value stream mapping easily. It also is able to be used for making network maps of our corporate infrastructure. I would recommend this product to anyone - it was a great move to make switching from Visio to MindManager. This has made our team more effective and productive.
  • Value stream mapping
  • Easy to deploy from an it level
  • Great service
  • Slightly high priced
Manufacturing and process mapping is the best use case we have for this product. It is so easy to use and does a great job. We are extremely satisfied.
November 16, 2018

User Review: "MindManager - Best in the business"

I currently use it to track thought processes and team discussions as well as forecast work initiatives. Today it is used by select groups in my org and there are features missing that I wish it had.
  • Grouping ideas and concepts
  • Categorization of prioritized tasks
  • Plays nice with other tools (web browser, and ms word etc)
  • I am really missing the capabilities to do timelines and customize shapes of flow charts.
  • There is not a large selection of templates in the app to use.
With my aforementioned comments it's still a rock solid app for the purposes I use it for. My colleagues would definitely find value in [utilizing] it. Being able to track work in a tree-based structure really helps me visualize what done and what's not.
November 16, 2018

MindManager Review: "This product has helped Manage my Mind for more than 15 years"

MindManager is used mainly by me to brainstorm problems, outline presentations and diagram certain organizational issues. I have not found my coworkers, over the years, to readily adopt it themselves and thus have not used the collaborative tools.
  • Outlining oral or written presentations: the ability to throw ideas onto the map and then organize and reorganize them is really efficient.
  • Brainstorming complicated problems, process improvement: the ability to capture large numbers of pain points, ideas, questions and categorize and prioritize them is very effective for us.
  • Process tracking: have used the gantt chart functionality to track process improvement efforts.
  • At this point, I do not have any suggestions.
In my experience as a solver of complex problems, MindManager is very well suited to analyzing and developing approaches to such problems.
November 16, 2018

MindManager Review: "Short and sweet"

We use mainly for our planning sessions to define workflows in our business. We have used it at R&D sessions to validate few ideas. Also as checklist for onboarding program.
  • Easy to use and edit existing mindmaps which attracts many new users to signup.
  • Ability to share across HTML and embed in SharePoint is great feature.
  • The use of checklist option for our onboarding program is quite useful.
  • Web version still not very stable.
  • Good use more Online training and webinars.
  • More technical savvy sales team.
I think is great mind map program but not for document control. I could see it competing with Prezi at some point.
September 25, 2018

User Review: "MindManager just rocks!"

It is being used by some departmets. MindManager gives us the freedom to share team ideas, structure presentations, dissertation schemes, compile
the contributions of a work session to generate possible solutions for the
generation of scenarios and, even more, its organization and layout to share
with other users. In my personal experience, it´s been useful for planning web pages structures and for organanizing lessons for my pupils.
  • It has an awesome interface, which is prettyr desirable in this kind of apps.
  • MindManagers's friendly UI makes mind mapping easier.
  • It has a huge set of tools.
  • Excellent tool for brainstorming sessions.
  • It'd be very nice to convert the products in animations or, at least, make them interactive (yes, I know there are other apps, but still!)
It is very appropriate for synchronous an asynchronous work of teams in brainstorms and for the organization of the products generated in very specific opinion exchange sessions, to extract the essence of each contribution. Likewise, for the hierarchy and presentation of agendas -either for study or for dissertations- it is ideal, as it facilitates the distillation of discourse and allow you to focus on the core points.

I see it less suited in business spaces where the brainstorm technique is still not handled properly, but it is not something inherent to the app but to the uses potentialities and profile.
Jack Rosenfield profile photo
December 18, 2017

Review: "MindManager 2018 for Windows - Lots of Features"

I purchased my own copy of Mindjet for my personal and work use. At work, since I don't have others at work using the product, I cannot use the project management features. I use it as an amazing knowledge/documentation store.

We recently lost our accounting employee so I built a map itemizing all the responsibilities (day to day, monthly, special) with appropriate sub-topics with appropriate notes and attachment documents and videos explaining how to do each task.

For certain periodic tasks, I create a map showing the high-level workflow with notes and attached sample reports. The consumer gets the high-level view plus the details required to accomplish the task are just a click away. I export the map with HTML5, store the links in SharePoint so that the user always has access to the latest documentation (i.e. Sharepoint documents can change and the map reflects the latest changes).

This documentation helps the individuals understand their roles and gives them an aid in executing their responsibilities. Training a new Accounting staff member becomes much easier as their role is all laid out for them.

• It's a great place to hide details but have them accessible with a click.
  • There is so much visual feedback possible with the use of intelligent icons (can click on icons to show project on a task), conditional formatting, image insertion, relationship lines, tags
  • The use of filters permits seeing various aspects of your map (e.g. show only the portion of a map for a particular resource, or a particular ranking, or conditional color).
  • Ability to add properties to the map topics, adds to the calculating ability.
  • Automatic task rollup means that progress at lower levels in tasks can roll up to higher level progress icons. Same with calculations rolling up to higher levels.
  • Full project development capabilities, with task defined, resources and appropirate visual feedback. Gantt chart etc.
  • The flowchart capabilities are good but rather basic in terms of availability of flowchart shapes. Swim Lane Diagrams are available but adjusting the number of lanes takes more work than it should.
  • There's a program language available (looks kind of like VBA) but there isn't a getting started manual to describe it. There is a user who is thinking of developing a course and and some pre-course download material but at this point nothing formal for explaining the capabilities of the integrated scripting language.
  • Can't say anything else negative because I'd need to play more with the features I haven't yet used to comment.
Well suited
  1. Knowledge base
  2. Documentation base
  3. Project Management
  4. Project Development (including Agile)
Less appropriate
  1. More sophisticated flowcharts
Read Jack Rosenfield's full review
October 18, 2017

User Review: "MindManager is a big help for my Team"

MindManager is currently being used by my team and one other within the IT structure. We use it for many reasons, recently to formulate ideas which help in the development of technical white papers and to gather thoughts and ideas in the development of a team SharePoint site.
  • We use MindManager for gathering thoughts or brain storming. It is particularly good at this and allowing ideas to be shuffled around as needed.
  • I used MindManger in the creation of a technical white paper. It allowed me to add categorized topics and thoughts as I researched the paper.
  • I have used MinManager to capture and categorize business requirements during the initial phases of projects I was working on. And using the icons, I was able to check when they were validated, and what percentage of work completed.
  • The latest version allows for some data modeling capabilities, however they are not up to the level we currently use in Visio.
  • I wish it was easier to create separate groups that could be built upon, instead of one main group and smaller other groups.
  • I wish the linking between groups could be improved. You can add lines between the different topics, however it gets quite messy quickly. Maybe if alternative hierarchy structures could be created between topics, and allow the switching between layouts.

Well suited

• Brain storming
  • Gathering thoughts and ideas

Less appropriate

• Data modeling
  • Alternative hierarchy structures
Greg Cimmarrusti, PMP profile photo
December 23, 2015

Review: "MindManager: A Project Manager's favorite tool in his/her tool chest."

I have used MindJet MindManager since 1997 with version 3.0 of the software. I am in project management and it is a trusted tool in my toolbox. I use it for writing meeting notes, presentations, brain storming, and even developing a project plan. It thinks the way that I do and it is very easy for people to follow along either on a projector on on a WebEx.
  • Note taking on very complex subjects. Think of typical meetings that can dart from one topic to another and back again, with traditional note taking this is very hard to do, with MindJet it all part of the process. I particularly like exporting my notes out to MS Word with the MindMap on the cover and a Table of Contents and then a full display of my notes in a hierarchy.
  • Brain storming . . . nothing comes close. Get a room with a projector and your team and you are ready to go without the hassle of some software and since it is visual it is easier for others to make additional associations.
  • Project Planning. Yes you could build out a full project plan and then visually see the Gantt chart created. Work with the teams to do a Work breakdown structure (WBS) and then assign tasks and duration and resources. For small 100 or so line projects, it works great.
  • In version 5 of the software, it integrated with the tasks in MS Outlook. I would create a weekly task list by project and then sync this with Outlook. In version 6 it lost this capability.
  • I am sorry, but I do not see any other weaknesses of the product. Each version has added additional functionality and I plan on upgrading to the latest version shortly.
There are so many uses for MindJet MindManager, but I have to say it makes its home nicely in project management. When comparing against other products of its caliber, I would confirm the easy import/export and sync capability with standard MS products. Also, make sure that the product works on all the different platforms that you may use (e.g. iPad, PC, MAC, etc.).
Read Greg Cimmarrusti, PMP's full review
Steven Williams profile photo
August 19, 2015

Review: "Give Me MindJet MindManager or NeverMind"

I use MindManager daily and I am in the process of evangelizing it to other groups and departments. I use it to create project plan drafts, interactive job aides, status dashboards, as well as a way to create graphics for instructional materials. For me, MindManager allows me to quickly organize my thoughts and then turn those thoughts into action plans.
  • First and foremost, it is a great way to brainstorm and bring ideas together in a visual way. You can quickly organize these thoughts and idea, link them, prioritize items if needed and add graphics and call-outs to give more direction on what needs more focus and refinement.
  • As a Manager, I need to be able to report on progress to my internal customers and stakeholders. MindManager lets me create project status reports and dashboards that are well organized and easy to read. The ability to then export to an interactive PDF for delivery via email is a great feature. The person reviewing the PDF doesn't need MindManager, yet they can interact with the elements as you designed them.
  • I have been creating instructional materials for various types of businesses and MindManager is a very good tool for laying out the steps in a business process or showing the process flow of a particular application or software project. MindManager lets me create these steps visually while being able to show relationships and other details. I can then save these as PNG files for use in other documents and web pages.
  • When I first started using MindManager, it was very easy to add main topics to the Central Topic. Floating topics were easy to align and use. With the newer versions, some of that control seems to have been lost. It is harder to align and move your main topics around like before.
  • When you exported to the MindManager Viewer ( interactive PDF ) everything stayed aligned just as you had created it. The Viewer document doesn't seem to keep things as aligned. As you expand items, they jump around forcing you to scroll more.
  • In order to keep up with the times, I would like to see more of an effort to be able to export to something more portable such as HTML5 and JavaScript. While Flash will be around in other fashions, the need to have information on mobile devices is pushing the use of other technologies.
I can't really speak to a scenario where I haven't found a use for MindManager. The flexibility of the tool lends itself to all sorts of creative uses. If you compare it to similar tools, one of the first things you need to ask is "what is the learning curve and how quickly can we get up to speed?" The tool is quick to learn and in many cases, I have seen people up and running with it in just a couple of hours. I have reviewed many products like this and nothing really comes as close to having all the features as MindManager.
Read Steven Williams's full review
Adam Solodow profile photo
April 09, 2015

MindManager Review: "ADHD Playground!!!"

I use MindManager for many applications. The most interesting is failure mode and effects analysis for products, systems and processes. With the correctly built map parts for failure mode and solution generation, you can quickly document a process and objectively assess risk and subsequently implement error proofing solutions. I have the Map2Excel add in to place my map into excel at the end.

I also have my to do list complied into MindManager using the Getting Things Done (David Allen) architecture. It is a nice one page visual of what I need to do categorized by context. Tasks can easily be moved from one contect to another which is a huge benefit.

MindManager is also useful for creating intuitive visuals for training and communication purposes. Maps in general are more interesting and pleasing to look at and I use them frequently.

Once you learn how to use the program (which can be a little intimidating), you will be plesantly surprised with the capabilities.
  • Meeting facilitation
  • Project management
  • Organizing complex problems (DMAIC/8D/FMEA)
  • At a glance status communication
  • Does not provide a way to calculate between and among topics (summations....trending...etc.).
I have not noticed any scenarios where this program could not be implemented in one way or another. It's a really flexible and enjoyable program to use. The learning curve is a bit tough as mind mapping is a different way for a lot of people to think. There are no real boundaries which can be seen as a pro pro or a con as some folk like structure and others like the blank canvas.

It can capture many items and allow you to focus on only one at a time making it a great overall organizational tool.

From a project management standpoint, you can create project steps, create tasks, assign the usual attributes from a project management standpoint (resources, durations, dates), then send the task to microsoft outlook for that person. Then, all the person has to do is update their respective task in outlook (Notes, % complete, progress) and it will automatically update into the native project file of the project owner. This is a very handy option for managing tasks overall. It also color codes the tasks for at risk....etc. so at a glance you know how thinkgs are going.
Read Adam Solodow's full review
Bob Blacksberg profile photo
April 08, 2015

Review: "MindManager - Thinking Visually ... or the outliner I always wanted"

In my solo law practice technology consulting business, I use MindManager nearly every day to brainstorm, organize and present projects. It is especially effective at sorting out thoughts, issues and processes.
  • Outlining
  • Making relationships and issues visual
  • Reorganizing and condensing complex issues.
  • Allow multiple icons on topics, for additional emphasis
  • Constrain graphics size when importing to keep map from "exploding"
  • Export to Microsoft Word can work well, but a "receiving" template planned for MindManager content helps.
MindManager works best when beginning to think about an issue. While it can (and should) be used for presentation of ideas, it is not a replacement for writing a clear report. Often the MindMap serves as an outline that works along side written content.
Read Bob Blacksberg's full review
Brad Kinney profile photo
March 16, 2015

MindManager Review: "Solid for Brainstorming"

I am the only one who uses MindJet in our company. I use it to brainstorm, organize, and visually represent thought dumps. It is especially helpful for me when I use it to lay out the entire scope of a project.
  • Brainstorm: This is the best way to get all thoughts down on a topic. You can type almost as fast as your brain thinks... writing slows things down.
  • Organizing: You can move thoughts to different parts of the mind map in the middle of a brainstorm. The grouping allows things to stay coherent.
  • Project Management: You can put processes and tasks down in a way to accurately show what is next.
  • I prefer using the standard blank template. I don't see the need for me to use this with other people.
Do you have a hard time capturing all of your thoughts during a brainstorm? If yes, then use MindJet.
Do you have a hard time visually showing processes? If yes, use MindJet.
Read Brad Kinney's full review
Prakash Kadumanchi profile photo
March 14, 2015

MindManager Review: "Wonderful tool.... recommend others to use it"

MindManager is used across the whole organization basically to give a clear picture to our thoughts, ideas and to make a viable solution. I used to work as a Business Analyst with a medium sized firm which does IT consulting for various industries.

Before suggesting any solution, we used to use MindManager to brainstorm our ideas, give a clear picture to it and see the feasibility of the ideas and whether these ideas can help us achieve the objectives. We can think of various pros and cons and get a visual of various scenarios.

Without this tool, most of our efforts used to go in understanding the requirement and providing a solution. This tool clearly reduced the time to less than 20%.
  • Articulate our ideas very clearly.
  • We get a visuals of the various scenarios that could help us to achieve the objectives.
  • Can present the solution in MindManager tool to any novice who can easily understand what we are proposing.
MindJet MindManager is a very useful tool for anyone to put down various thoughts, pick feasible ideas and provide a solution.
Read Prakash Kadumanchi's full review
Vandana Karthikeya profile photo
March 06, 2015

MindManager Review: "Mindjet the most efficient Mind Mapping tool"

I'm using MindJet MindManager in my department to capture meeting notes and assign action items and keep track of tasks. I also use it to create team structures and assign roles and responsibilities. It helps us keep the focus on items to discuss and is also useful for requirements gathering.
  • Help create hierarchical tasks.
  • Easy and traceable action items to team members.
  • Ability to create high level and detailed requirements.
  • Assign priorities to tasks.
  • Move tasks around easily.
  • Copy and paste pictures etc., to make it more interactive.
  • Import clipart.
  • Create better hierarchies and ability to add notes missing.
Mindjet MindManager is suitable for meeting minutes, requirements prioritization and tasks assignment.

Can I import data from other formats?
Can I export to PowerPoint or make flexible presentations with the data from MindJet?
Does it come with outlook plugin?
Read Vandana Karthikeya's full review
Michael Betz, MBA, CFP®, LSSBB profile photo
December 01, 2014

MindManager Review: "A solid core business tool"

We use MindJet for many things throughout our organization. Most notably we use it to build the agenda for each client review meeting (we are a wealth management practice). This mindmap agenda is then projected into a big screen and basically runs the meeting interactively. Additionally we've implemented the EOS/traction System in the last 12 months and we use MindJet extensively to build out an organization accountability chart. Finally, we've decided to build our entire compliance manual in MindJet and place it in a location where staff can quickly reference it.

We've tried a number of other mind mapping software over the years, but we seem to much prefer MindJet. It's not perfect and the designing takes a little work to learn and a creative intuition but it's solid software that works well and generally had very few bugs. The online/cloud version of the software is also very functional and easy to use.
  • Organize information in mind map structure
  • Cloud tool is fully functional
  • Reliable software that's easy to deploy
  • Ability to more easily customize look and feel of mind map
  • Have a better presentation mode for full screen operation
  • Better at recognizing style changes and creating new elements with the last use style and not defaulting to the standard style
It's expensive but I think it has great value. I'd ask if the traditional installed version or the cloud version is most appropriate. Also ask if the read only viewer is sufficient or if the full version is required on a user by user basis.
Read Michael Betz, MBA, CFP®, LSSBB's full review
Adrian Folsom profile photo
August 21, 2014

MindManager Review: "Great for complex problems in any field"

I utilize MindJet whenever we are facing a complex issue with multiple variables. Often times the simple process of visualizing ideas, dependancies and constraints with the simple ability to drag and drop results in the solution falling out. I find it useful in a variety of applications from product development, to personnel planning to even personal projects.
  • Clean drag and drop features. Frequently the initial construction turns out to not be the best, and moving single pieces or entire sections is very simple.
  • The visualizations of items and connections along with the ability to customize is fabulous.
  • Tremendously appreciate the keyboard shortcuts.
  • Collaboration can be challenging due to the learning curve.
It does not make sense to use this in all projects at all times. I would not recommend it for simple or linear problems. It is great for complex multifaceted situations.
Read Adrian Folsom's full review
Mark Warrick profile photo
August 18, 2014

MindManager Review: "Must-Have Tool for Anyone Writing Technical Documentation"

PROS:

I have been using MindManager for about 5 years. Overall, I think it's a great product and I use it daily. As an IT Business Analyst, one of my jobs is to map out current processes and to-be processes in a way that's understandable both by non-technical stakeholders and programmers. MindManager is simple, fast and efficient. When it comes to brainstorming, it's awesome.

CONS:

The application is memory intensive and large maps will take a while to load. The PDFs, Flash exports and Word exports are horrible. Hopefully MindJet will one day get those right.

• Awesome for brain storming - much faster than flow charts, white boards or hand written notes.
  • Great tool for technical documentation. The ability to move things around within the "map" and interlink topics makes it much more useful than a standard specification doc. And you can export it in the usual software requirements specifications format.
  • Embedding screen shots and attaching notes to the topics is simple and quick
  • The HTML exports work well for publishing MindManager maps.
  • Needs better HTML and PDF export options. The PDFs are totally useless.
  • Needs better memory management.
  • A paired down version of the product that perhaps didn't include all the bells and whistles most people won't use could decrease the cost and entice more people to buy it.
  • The online file storage is not easy to use and not something I would direct fellow employees or clients to use.
It's not good for flow charts, but it's very good for technical documentation.
Read Mark Warrick's full review
John Michael Smith profile photo
August 15, 2014

Review: "Need to provide some visual POP to your vision, roadmap, responsibilities or tutorial? You need MindManager!"

I started using MindManager to visualize the various functions and steps I take for my own responsibilities, whether to document out the steps in progressive order to assist in training others to support my tasks, or simply giving myself a visual guide to the affect certain functions had on process or personnel. In short order it became a standard practice that I would use MindManager to capture scope or vision of meetings and objectives drawn out on a whiteboard. It helps to consolidate my department's visions or goals for expression to other peers within my company.
  • Visually provides clarity and "pop" to any function or process or structure that needs sharing
  • Allows the ability to quickly visualize any overarching or cross functional impacts of a project or task
  • MindManager quickly displaced my use of Visio or FreeMind to address Org Charts or other brainstorming sessions that needed some flare and clarity
  • Printing options could be streamlined and broadened. It is the only area that could use some improvements.
Do you need to visualize a process or map out a project roadmap? MindManager is the only option. When trying to convey complex structure or vision to a team that does not have same amount of intimate knowledge then using the visual opportunity provided by MindManager increases the audiences ability to grasp your concept.
Read John Michael Smith's full review
Belinda Weinbrecht profile photo
August 15, 2014

MindManager Review: "Marketing Technology design at your finger tips"

It is used across our organization to create diagrams for business processes, system designs, and organizational infrastructures. It provides a consistent platform that everyone recognizes and understands.
  • Ease of use: that makes it attractive to the non-technical people
  • Depth of features: that makes it a tool of choice across a variety of departments (ie. it is not just something that R&D or IT can use)
  • Integration with other corporate tools: like Outlook and Sharepoint
  • Ability to resize the entire map
  • Ability to select a group of nodes to highlight
Integration with Microsoft products is a huge plus.
Read Belinda Weinbrecht's full review
Michael Hibbs, MBA profile photo
August 14, 2014

Review: "MindJet MindManager bring a fresh new look to the classic flow chart"

MindJet MindManager was used to create a decision tree as a training tool for the off-hour Customer Service Representatives based in the US. This allowed the employees to ease through "what-if" next steps to assist customers in getting world class service. The software is very straight forward, completely customizable, and easy for non-conputer savvy people to understand.
  • Flow charts can be very confusing and complex. MindJet MindManager offers a way to minimize the confusion that helps drive the user through a simple path to a solution.
  • MindJet MindManager is easy to use. There is no need to spend additional money for a training class to get started.
  • It would be nice if MindJet MindManager allowed you to paste pictures within the balloons.
  • It would be nice if you could use MindJet MindManager for Organization Charts using photos of the employee.
Read Michael Hibbs, MBA's full review

Scheduling (10)
5.5
Workflow Automation (10)
Team Collaboration (15)
Support for Agile Methodology (5)
Support for Waterfall Methodology (5)
Document Management (12)
Email integration (8)
6.7
Mobile Access (4)
Timesheet Tracking (3)
Change request and Case Management (4)
4.0
Budget and Expense Management (7)
4.9
Quotes/estimates (1)
Project & financial reporting (1)
Integration with accounting software (1)

About MindManager

MindManager promises to help individuals, teams and enterprises do the right work, faster and better, by simplifying the way they capture, process and share information. Transforming unstructured ideas and data into dynamic visual maps, MindManager says it gives people a clearer understanding of and greater control over their time, work and world.

The vendor says that MindManager’s flexible, intuitive design supports freeform thinking, fluid organization and holistic understanding; its cross-platform functionality and third-party integrations enable a more streamlined, seamless work experience. 2+ million global users brainstorm ideas creatively, plan and execute projects efficiently, communicate knowledge effectively, and drive more positive, profitable business outcomes with MindManager.

Key capabilities and benefits include:

• Creativity & Problem Solving
  • Boosting Productivity
  • Information & Knowledge Management
  • Task & Project Management
  • Business Planning
  • Process Management
  • And much more
In August 2016, Mindjet MindManager was acquired by Corel Corporation.