MindManager Reviews

Do you work for this company?

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

John Griffith profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

MindManager is the go-to application for at the beginning of "everything". Catching ideas, creating and managing ToDo list(s), planning projects, outlining articles, writing projects, and other business and personal activities. In short I "live" on MM.

I integrated my MindManager tasks with Google Calendar, MS One Note, and Excel.
Read John Griffith's full review
Fred Greco profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

MindManager is used by me alone in my organization. It solves two important problems: it is the best software I have found that helps with the drafting of sermons. This is because MindManager allows me to get ideas "out" and "on paper" and then to rearrange them in the best and most logical sequence. It is far superior to using a word processor. The second problem that MindManager addresses is "brain storming" in board meetings. I use it to gather ideas from the group and organize them.
Read Fred Greco's full review
David Lenef profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I am the only person in my company using MindManager. I selected it because it was a highly rated mind mapping program that was offered by our official software provider. I have used various mind mapping programs for a long time, including good old pen and paper before the software was even available. (Yes, I'm dating myself!) I find mind mapping tools invaluable for initially organizing subjects or projects. This gives me an initial understanding and sense of scale.
Read David Lenef's full review
Willem Kymmell profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use it personally to organize almost everything I plan. Probably the most productive has been the application to the authoring of a textbook on a complex topic - Building Information Modeling. MindManager allowed me to not only organize the structure of the book but also to write the majority of the content in that structure and export it to Word for the final editing. Due to the complexity of the subject, the flexibility of MindManager was crucial in allowing the continual evolution of the final structure of the complex content without losing any of the text that was part of the project at any point in the process. The content could be refined without being concerned about the location in the structure and moved as needed to any other part of the organization of the overall project.
Read Willem Kymmell's full review
Thomas OConnell profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use MindManager in three main ways (1) setup a weekly dashboard for activities and goals (2) organize specific collaborations including, tasks, milestones, etc and (3) to help write papers and grants. For the latter I use MindManager to generate outlines for different sections of grants and papers and fill in details either as topics or associated notes
Read Thomas OConnell's full review
John O'Toole (FCIM) profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Every consulting and business project involves a number of mind maps covering all manner of topics but especially good in strategy and digital transformation and large projects. It is the best problem solving, brainstorming tool I have ever found
Read John O'Toole (FCIM)'s full review
Stuart MacBride profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

It is being used by individuals and not for team work assignments. It depends upon the mindset of each individual as to whether the program suits their methods of working i.e. right or left brain dominant. Some staff can only work with lists and not the freeform abilities of MindManager.
Read Stuart MacBride's full review
Andrew Egbert profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

My graduate school team needed a way to brainstorm exercises in our project management classes, and discovered that MindManager was available in the university's online software shop. I used it to flesh out project specifics and then turned those items into waypoints, and eventually the roadmap for the entire effort. Our team typically used the "Right Map" to brainstorm, which was and still is the most useful tool for me personally, although the others are just as functional. We would've used the Gantt Chart features to guide our project, but it seemed to be more of an afterthought, so we ended up falling back on Microsoft Project for those parts. MindManager is one of my most useful and most used software applications, and I'd really love to see MindJet really dedicate some love to the Gantt-charting capabilities with its own New Document section.
Read Andrew Egbert's full review
Sarah Jones profile photo
July 31, 2019

MindManager Review

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

It is used for all types of business meetings from brainstorming to project management, we use the ACE template following the Continuous improvement Lean methodology along with Prince 2. MindManager is easy and simple to be understood by all teams from the floor up to the board. They allow for all types of learning from the visual to the spreadsheet people, I would not be without MindManager to support my projects.
Read Sarah Jones's full review
Angel Esquivel profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Primarily, it was used to create visuals of our organizational structure. I've asked other members of our team to purchase MindManager so we can expand our use of the software for project management and visualization of trends. The more we continue to learn the program's functions, we'll utilize it to help our mission.
Read Angel Esquivel's full review
Hoy Chow profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use it as a planning tool across our section for managers.

1. Organizational charting: what if and moving positions around.
  2. Workload discussions: we have several offices across Canada so the equitable distribution of workload is needed.
  3. Brainstorming: scoping out projects. It helps to capture what is in scope and what is out of scope. Ensure that all angles are considered.
Read Hoy Chow's full review
Sandy Burgamy(Sims), PMP, profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Personally, I use MindManager as a starting point for almost everything that requires documenting a process, brainstorming an idea, as a template for procedures, etc. One of the biggest pluses of the product is when conducting online/WebEx sessions with business groups, it's very quick to map out processes, decision points, etc. instead of using other options that take too much time for formatting. The audience always appreciates the visual walk-through. In the division I'm in, it is used by business analysts to document requirements.
Read Sandy Burgamy(Sims), PMP,'s full review
Wade Walker, CBIP profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use MindManager in development and alumni engagement for a number of purposes. In my team, I have used it in my facilitated workshops to identify new initiatives and to influence the direction of my strategic roadmap. In addition, I have used it for understanding professional networks.
Read Wade Walker, CBIP's full review
Thomas Kleinschmidt, CIM(R) profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Currently I'm the beta fish for MindManager; beta testing solo for use by our team here, and then fighting for it.

For 30+ years I've been using 'mind mapping' techniques, starting while at UW, then progressing through
various versions of the software. Incredibly happy with what v2018 offers today (have maintenance package for the 2019 upgrade but yet to install). Much an analog man for early brainstorming on sketchbooks or whiteboards, all ends up in the software.

MM allows for simply moving a branch of a map onto its own. As I hold various roles I need to link maps as I get more granular... I find sharing a map a few levels down is simpler for me than fiddling with a large map, but I haven't tried the new HTML exporting, so I could be behind the bus on that.

MM also has an intense, immense and impressive ability for me to CODE AND SORT tasks for whatever I need. Beyond the obvious who/what/when the ability to code and sort tasks by font/color/icons/etc/etc/etc means allows for an
insane amount of control. Implementing dashboards is next, so that specific people look at specific things. GANTT I believe will become my new best friend.

Looking forward to sharing via the html functionality with non-MM users. Brilliant strategy to get power users work out there and give a taste to the uninitiated.

Mindjet partner Olympic Limited sells an add-on that makes the above easier. Kudos to Mindjet for their partners.

Regarding Corel, I'm glad they purchased Mindjet! I fondly recall how 30 years ago utterly intuitive Wordperfect on the NeXT platform was daily, as I struggle with MSO. Good on the folks at Corel to pick up these gems.

TK

Read Thomas Kleinschmidt, CIM(R)'s full review
Marcus Machacek profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I am not aware that my organization as a whole is using MindManager. I discovered MindManager a few employers ago and have brought it with me wherever I go for my own project management and organizational needs. I have purchased it for myself if the organization itself won't purchase it for me. That's how important it is to my workflow.
Read Marcus Machacek's full review
Phetsile Dube profile photo
July 29, 2019

Lifesaver

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

It helps to organize notes from meetings, share information. You can add rectify and advise, create almost everything. It just makes our lives easier. You are able to do tasks with deadlines and all, track it and the other users can feed the information on the system. In meetings we do not take minutes anymore, Mind Manager does that for us and more.
Read Phetsile Dube's full review
Wilson Alvarez profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I am a technology consultant focusing on marketing and digital media in South Florida. I have been using MindManager for 10+ years. The best way that I can describe it is that it helps me defragment my thoughts. Once I have all of my thoughts on MindManager, it is very easy to move and maneuver and strategize the next plan of action. For my clients, I am able to shine by strategizing their thoughts, I defragment their thoughts and sample the right path for their success.
Read Wilson Alvarez's full review

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

It is not being used by the organization. This was used to test out the software and make a comparison to other Project Management software solutions such as MS Project. This was primarily tested out by the IT department. MS Project is the default standard that is build in Office 365, which our organization heavily uses, although with project-related software, there is more flexibility to look at other solutions

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Our department uses it to help with PI nursing projects such as accurate patient weights, discharge planning, or patient flow. It allows us to stay organized and present all aspects of the problem and possible solutions to the other team members We plan on expanding its use to other departments in the future and I will assist with the education since I think this is such a valuable tool.

About MindManager

MindManager helps individuals, teams and enterprises do the right work, faster and better, by simplifying the way they capture, process and share information. Transforming unstructured ideas and data into dynamic visual maps, MindManager says it gives people a clearer understanding of and greater control over their time, work and world.

The vendor says that MindManager’s flexible, intuitive design supports freeform thinking, fluid organization and holistic understanding; its cross-platform functionality and third-party integrations enable a more streamlined, seamless work experience. Millions of users across thousands of global organizations brainstorm ideas creatively, plan and execute projects efficiently, communicate knowledge effectively, and drive more positive, profitable business outcomes with MindManager.

Key capabilities and benefits include:

- Creativity & Problem Solving

Has featureInformation Presentation
Has featureKnowledge Management

MindManager Screenshots

MindManager Video

Uncover possibilities, unite teams and unleash productivity with MindManager 2019. Empower yourself or your team with the most robust, customizable visualization software available, FREE for 30 days at www.mindmanager.com/MyFreeTrial

MindManager Downloadables