MindManager Reviews

October 21, 2020
Robert Gates | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use MindManager to diagram cloud networks for customers. MindManager allows us to provide the customer with a high-level overview of their AWS or Azure systems and drill-down into specific services. We also use MindManager to diagram the security components of the systems. Compliance mandates are identified and outlined at a high-level with drill-down or linking to specific policies.
Read Robert Gates's full review
January 05, 2021
Phil Fuster | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I utilize MindManager to build templates and tools for my business. Everything from strategic business plans to product/offering roadmaps starts on MindManager. It is an excellent tool for organizing thoughts and building outlines, and then dropping in the content necessary to complete the plan. It is one of the better tools I have come across. I started using MM back in 1998 when I was building the business plan for funding of my internet startup. I raised $8m in funding with the business plan I built. I have used it ever since!
Read Phil Fuster's full review
August 31, 2020
Andrew Pike | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We are using MindManager for our project teams that work on new business initiatives and development to conceptualize their ideas, present to senior executives, and track project progress.
Read Andrew Pike's full review
December 02, 2020
Scott E. Miller | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I personally use MindManager. Visualization is critical to help understand complex systems and issues. MindManager provides an easy to use interface that helps me organize and communicate business processes and systems.
Read Scott E. Miller's full review
November 18, 2020
Michael Howard | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I am using MindManager for project management. Its functionality, easily integrating ideation and managing workflow is amazing.
Read Michael Howard's full review
Michael Graff | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use MindManager on my team for brainstorming in team meetings, making project plans, timelines and org charts. One of the most intuitive, user-friendly tools I've ever used.
Read Michael Graff's full review
Robert Klein | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

All projects are mapped and all meetings are planned and conducted using MindManager to develop the agenda and keep the meetings on track. Tracking assignments and maintaining a record of activities is an essential use of MindManager.
Read Robert Klein's full review
September 20, 2020
Martin Steinbereithner | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use it for outlining problems; I put all my talk outlines on MindManager. When we brainstorm as a team, I always take notes with it. And for challenging decisions, a mindmap is my go-to tool. Finally, when we come up with a structure of a project, the tree/mindmap is a perfect way to map it.
Read Martin Steinbereithner's full review
September 19, 2020
Veronica Altemus | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

My organization doesn't use MindManager but I have been actively using it on my projects my entire consulting career, starting with my first consulting job at a different organization. The owner of that firm introduced it to me. I tend to have members of my team use it (if they like it/find it helpful) and my clients are always interested in purchasing copies once they see it in action. I do HR software consulting, and MindManager has always allowed me to outline/sketch/brainstorm processes and solutions. It's more robust than any other tool I've used to capture solution ideas, current state/future state processes, and pain points 'in the moment' of the sessions/meetings.
Read Veronica Altemus's full review
August 24, 2020

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Mainly using it to design and validate business and IT processes with the client-base. Additionally, using the MindManager to draft organization charts to be used in presentations with proposed organization realignments, creating new departments as well as consolidating/finding synergies for our clients. To some degree, also using MindManager to create timelines for project and non-project based activities. Starting to look into other functionalities such as Work Sessions and Brainstorming.
December 13, 2020

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I have been using MindManager for over 10 years at various companies. It helps me with the critical analysis of both product management and product marketing. I use it to poll problems and symptoms out of stakeholder groups then structure complicated projects in to actionable phases. I also use it to develop product messaging source documents as well as product roadmaps
December 02, 2020

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

A few individuals in our sales and operations groups use the product. It is being used as a brainstorming tool, and a tool to capture the current state of complex clients. It particularly helpful mapping and communicating a strategy that a team of individuals can easily follow across the many departments that support our largest cleints.
November 10, 2020

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

MindManager is helping our reseachers plan and brainstorm on complicated reserach projects. Currently, one department is using the software to help plan multiple projects in energy-efficiency in buildings. We have expanded the use of MindManager and hoping to implement it across other research departments as well.
November 05, 2020

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I am really only using MindManager as an organizational tool. I wrote a book using MindManager years ago. But currently using it as a brainstorming tool.
October 30, 2020

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We are currently using MindManager to organize and maintain records on our efforts to select partner organizations. Maps are shared online for team members' use (read-only at this time).

We conduct ongoing search efforts to identify candidate organizations to partner with on our annual blitz builds. We have been operating for over 20 years and have built more than 75 homes in total. As Site Selection Director, I use MindManager to keep track of potential partner organizations and progress through our evaluation and vetting processes. I am able to share the maps with my team, which contain links to files they can update regarding contacts, information gained, and status.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

MindManager is used by individuals for planning and organizing information during meetings, in workshops and as standalone organizational assistance.
September 25, 2020

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I've used MindManager since 2002 across several different jobs and companies - mainly for organizing thoughts and information about complex subjects. I've known very few people who also use MM as extensively as I do, but I find it indispensable when organizing complex strategies, software feature sets, and business plans.
September 25, 2020

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I am the sole user of this product but I think it has worked out great and wouldn't mind implementing it in our routine. It works great for brainstorming and planning out the year ahead. As the year progresses, it can get hard to keep track of projects that we have to put on hold but with MindManager, it's easy to keep up and track changes.
September 24, 2020

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

MindManager was used as part of our Product Management workflow to brainstorm product ideas mainly, but also later to project manage Go To Market launches, where we used the project planning and Gantt chart views extensively. The product was used throughout a team of 10 people, so the collaboration features through Sharepoint were also brought into play for working on documents within the team. With a distributed team across wide timezones, the product worked as an effective "whiteboarding" tool.
September 16, 2020

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We implemented MindManager to help us in mapping the desired path of our incoming leads and the organizational structure.
August 13, 2019
John Griffith | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

MindManager is the go-to application for at the beginning of "everything". Catching ideas, creating and managing ToDo list(s), planning projects, outlining articles, writing projects, and other business and personal activities. In short I "live" on MM.

I integrated my MindManager tasks with Google Calendar, MS One Note, and Excel.
Read John Griffith's full review
August 07, 2019
Fred Greco | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

MindManager is used by me alone in my organization. It solves two important problems: it is the best software I have found that helps with the drafting of sermons. This is because MindManager allows me to get ideas "out" and "on paper" and then to rearrange them in the best and most logical sequence. It is far superior to using a word processor. The second problem that MindManager addresses is "brain storming" in board meetings. I use it to gather ideas from the group and organize them.
Read Fred Greco's full review
August 07, 2019
David Lenef | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I am the only person in my company using MindManager. I selected it because it was a highly rated mind mapping program that was offered by our official software provider. I have used various mind mapping programs for a long time, including good old pen and paper before the software was even available. (Yes, I'm dating myself!) I find mind mapping tools invaluable for initially organizing subjects or projects. This gives me an initial understanding and sense of scale.
Read David Lenef's full review
July 24, 2019
Willem Kymmell | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use it personally to organize almost everything I plan. Probably the most productive has been the application to the authoring of a textbook on a complex topic - Building Information Modeling. MindManager allowed me to not only organize the structure of the book but also to write the majority of the content in that structure and export it to Word for the final editing. Due to the complexity of the subject, the flexibility of MindManager was crucial in allowing the continual evolution of the final structure of the complex content without losing any of the text that was part of the project at any point in the process. The content could be refined without being concerned about the location in the structure and moved as needed to any other part of the organization of the overall project.
Read Willem Kymmell's full review

What is MindManager?

MindManager aims to bring clarity and structure to plans, projects, and processes.

With it, the vendor says users can transform scattered ideas and information into dynamic visual mind maps, flowcharts, concept maps, matrices and other diagrams. They state users can also take control of their work, synthesize vast amounts of data, collaborate and communicate more effectively, and boost productivity to gain a competitive edge.

MindManager is presented as a suite of intuitive visualization products that helps individuals and teams think more clearly, make better decisions, and get on the path to personal and organizational success.

MindManager Features