Overall Satisfaction with MindTouch
MindTouch is currently used by XRS Corporation/Omnitracs as a knowledge base platform for our web-hosted product. Internal users, primarily the support group, also use MindTouch to view all support related documentation. The technical documentation group is responsible for content creation for the majority of our MindTouch implementation. The same group is responsible for distribution as well. The support and IT groups are responsible for updating their areas of MindTouch.
MindTouch allows a secure method to distribute product documentation to approved users. Also, documents, such as release notes or other guides, can easily be hosted in MindTouch as PDF files our customers can download.
- The MindTouch interface is very easy to use. Any user who has used a basic word-processing application can immediately jump in and begin making updates to topics using MindTouch.
- The support group at MindTouch is top-notch and has been an extremely valuable resource over the past several years. They have helped me with all aspects of our MindTouch sites, from basic usability questions to more complex configuration requirements for our products.
- I would like a report on attachments status. I would like the report to list each attachment and what other topics link to the file. I would also like to generate a list of attachments that aren't used, so we can remove them.
- We are currently moving support documentation from other groups within the company to MindTouch in order to eliminate license fees for other products. This will allow us to use a single platform to standardize the entire company and reduce the need for other licenses.
- We provide preview accounts to potential customers so they can look at our documentation early in the sales cycle. Seeing how extensive the documentation is has generated positive feedback from prospective customers.
MindTouch has been a great asset to our company. A single MindTouch site allows us to distribute extensive product documentation to customers, documentation for internal support and IT groups, and provide F1 "pop-up" context sensitive help for our SaaS product. MindTouch is not tied to a product release, so updates can be made at any time to the documentation with no impact on the product itself. Also, we can set the security for individual sections of the MindTouch site to control who has access to specific sections.
I have not run into a situation where MindTouch would not work with our products or company structure.