Overall Satisfaction with MindTouch
Getting support is straightforward via their support center website. However, we are at the point where our support issues are more advanced and require direct contact with our representative. This is mostly due to our translation project and finding that the product doesn't meet some expectations. Therefore we have a product enhancement request.
Mindtouch is being used corporate-wide. [It] Started out in the US and is being migrated to other offices around the globe. [It's] Currently used for in-house technical support calls only. We are transitioning to customer-facing content within the next few months.
- Article search and the ability to drill down by category makes getting to the content area easy
- Article creation is very easy and can be based on templates that help drive consistency
- Predefined dashboards for article usage and other metrics is a big plus
- Extracting content in large amounts is not possible. We are extracting, translating and importing into other language specific sites and this has become an issue. Need better exporting capabilities.
- Need more API capabilities to manipulate data.
- Should have better out of the box translation of content.
- Should have better article usage rating. Only one like/dislike per article per person. Article rating doesn't work for internal call centers.
- 6566 articles used to solve 13,353 technical support calls.
- Article usage has passed the amount of articles written in our technical support area. This is a good indication that article creation is paying off in our technical support area.
Mindtouch is a great tool if you want simplification, customizable UI and easy to use. If your looking for advanced features like data extraction, data manipulation and translation be sure you understand the product limitations.