Monetate is a great tool for outside of the box web-thinkinghttps://www.trustradius.com/ab-testingMonetateUnspecified8.71221012014-05-01T14:37:04.352Z
Updated September 02, 2015
Monetate is a great tool for outside of the box web-thinking
Score 7 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Monetate
We utilize the power of the Monetate platform to add/remove elements on our web site in a quick and easy fashion and leverage the testing capabilities to A/B test site changes globally before rolling them out "officially".
- The ease of setting up actions to add new content or remove existing content from the web site is very streamlined and even non-coders on our team can do so with ease and little difficulty.
- With the power of A/B testing on virtually anything we post to the site with Monetate we can gauge user response and acceptance and target the "better" CTR on specific designs. This expedites the creation of future designs as we know what works--and what doesn't.
- Running concurrent campaigns throughout the site is simple as you can easily pause and edit anything running on the site with little interruption to the flow of the existing site.
- The action builder interface has come a long way, but there are times when it feels intrusive. The top nav bar that is shown should be resizable to the user specifications... not on the standard sizes that Monetate dictates.
- Sharing tests with others is quite easy, however, a test should be made available to "test" automatically rather than having to build a specific link. Users should be able to set a target location and allow others to see it as part ot the set up process and that "share link" should be automatically generated upon "completion" of building a campaign. Having to click elsewhere and build a link foolish as it is nearly always a "next step".
- I am unable to answer this "ROI" question as it is not part of my job description as a developer.
Marketing, Design and development are the three main areas of the organization that utilize Monetate. The social media team also uses the software, as does a few of the email marketing team members. The primary focus is with the marketing team though, with nearly half of our monetate users within that department.
We have an individual who is knowledgeable in development that helps with setting up actions an campaigns. There is another individual with analytic and testing knowledge that helps with following the CTA and conversions. There is also a key person who handles all of the preparations to set up the web site for our seasonal design changes using monetate.
- Segmentation of personalized experiences
- "Band-aid" repair on site glitches
- A/B testing of new experiences to gauge interest/effectiveness
- More robust use of the personalization tools to create a 1-to-1 experience with our customer