Overall Satisfaction with MySQL
We're currently using MySQL across the whole organization. MySQL stores all company data from every data source.
- The facility to integrate to various programming languages. We use many diffrent programming languages to implement our business, so we had to choose a database solution that could support these programming languages, or at least the most of them. MySQL supports all programming languages used on our company and makes the integration very easy.
- The flexibility. MySQL is very flexible in many ways. As we have a lot of different data types and our service demands fast data processing, with MySQL we were able to configure it to optimize our process, and of course, customized it to do the best for our company according to our needs.
- With our experience, we felt the lack of a tool to make easier the administration of data in MySQL. The tools provided today are good, but very poor for some features and functions that demand some specificity or complexity.
- The positive impact is the clear and easy process to innovate and integrate different and new features to our business. With MySQL we were able to reduce the work force to implement core business functions and improve the data process performance.
- The negative impact was that with the need to store log errors data from our mobile app services, MySQL did not respond very well to this particular demand, so we had to introduce Cloudant by IBM to resolve these problems in our business.
In our experience, in addition to the traditional use of MySQL, it also very well suited to store and process web and online services data. We demand a lot of data processing from web and from our mobile services. MySQL has the perfect fit to supply our business demands and needs.