Overall Satisfaction with MySQL
We use MySQL for our music recommendation engines, zabbix monitoring backend database, batch job management for the QA team and automatic configuration management for OrderPath. MySQL is used by our operations and engineering departments. It is a great relational database choice and is free of license cost.
- Easy to set up.
- No heavy tuning needed.
- Master-slave gives high availability.
- Auto partitioning would be nice to have!
- Unified storage engine (so user doesn't need to study different options.).
- Stats report (similar to AWR in Oracle).
- We had issues in the past with growing MySQL. We didn't have resources to get it to scale.
- MySQL has been working fine for small/medium loads.
- Overall cost for MySQL is not high.
Oracle is very mature and best in its class. However the cost is much higher. MySQL is a good alternative option.