Neo4j : Good option for small dataset with API supporthttps://www.trustradius.com/non-relational-databasesNeo4jUnspecified8.5241012019-06-03T14:28:16.775Z
June 03, 2019
Neo4j : Good option for small dataset with API support
Score 6 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Neo4j
As [we are] working in the US healthcare domain, we have to deal with large databases like UMLS. It also contains more than 12 relationships among the nodes. To analyze and build a relational module, Neo4j is good choice for us. Mostly Neo4j is used in the R&D department for analysis. But it is also in use at application level to support queries on a large dataset.
- It's very efficient on large datasets to support the multiple relations between the nodes.
- Inserting or updating any node or relation is also very easy through the UI or a script
- Provides very good graphical representation to analyse or present a dataset
- Very good interactive UI for analysis of any dataset
- Though the performance is good on a small dataset it requires a well configured server for a large dataset
- Also graphical representation for less complex dataset is good but for complex dataset in which more than 10 relation possible graphs are not good
- Also the interactive UI for a complex dataset is little bit complex
- It adds the ability to quickly load any data set with less time
- Also we are able to do a POC on different graphs very easily through a good query language; Good for less heavy applications
[Based on] Query Language, Performance on small and large data sets, integration and deployment, analysis, API support, Interactive UI.