Great Insights, Still Improving
Updated December 15, 2016
Great Insights, Still Improving
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with NetBase
NetBase is housed in our social media office but is used for projects across departments to gain insights into industry landscapes or to track chatter around a campaign. It assists in strategy development, client research, and program reporting.
- Tracking Twitter chatter - the ability to turn on Firehose to track all Tweets around a search term is particularly helpful during campaigns
- The word cloud widgets are helpful in looking for new areas to develop around a topic as well as a great visual tool for showing clients
- Brand comparisons are easy to view in the dashboards and you can customize them to compare the attributes you are most interested in.
- Staying up to date on the latest in tracking methodology
- Sentiment analysis - this has been improving and they are adding features for manual corrections but the system still mislabels posts
- The exported charts and word clouds have limited ability to be resized without pixelating. The clouds also don't adjust if all terms are small, thus using the cloud in a presentation is difficult at times
- The system automatically defaults to analyzing the last month with no way to change the default to match the topic date range. This can be inefficient if you are using a topic that has a very specific time frame that you have to change every time you analyze the topic.
- Great for showing prospective clients that we understand their business environment
- Has helped identify opportunities in and around brands we work with
- Useful for strategy development
- Union Metrics,Sprinklr
NetBase provides greater insights into conversations and more usable data of firms looking to develop a strategy.
Well suited for firms that want to be able to gain a greater understanding of the landscape and environment a brand is working in. However, largely due to privacy and Facebook's API, if you need to monitor what is happening on Facebook, NetBase has limited to access to real time data. I would say that there are better tools for firms focused mainly on engagement but on the research side, NetBase works well.
NetBase Quid Feature Ratings
2 - We have a primary and business user for NetBase. The tool is fairly intuitive so the most necessarily skills are those involved with understanding how to use social data effectively.
- In house content creation inspiration
- Teaching our teams how social data can benefit them
- We are hoping to expand our industry expertise to gain new clients
- Gain insights into the new industries we enter
Evaluating NetBase and Competitors
The NetBase team responds quickly to issues and listens to users for product updates and enhancements
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Yes - Anytime I have had an issue, whether a bug or a general usage question, my rep or account manager has handled it quickly and kept me updated of the status.
Intuitive tools that provide great insights into the wide world of social data. The help section uses screenshots to show users how to utilize tools and learn new ways to effectively use the tool.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Feel confident using
- The widgets are integrated well to show continuous data comparison
- Duplication of topics easy to utilize
- New save analysis feature makes transferring searches easy
- Nothing is cumbersome, though the tool can load slowly sometimes depending on the network being used.