Updated December 16, 2015
Score 6 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with NetBase
NetBase is the go to resource for our strategy department at 72AndSunny. We utilize it as a social listening tool across a facet of clients that require social media offerings. We also use it for new business pitches to get a general idea of what an audience is talking about, what sorts of themes we can pull out, and how positively people are talking about a certain topic or brand. It's a useful tool, but sometimes is hard for beginners to get a grasp of how to use it.
- NetBase provides soundbites so you can get an idea of what your search results are.
- NetBase gives suggestions for words to exclude or include within your related terms.
- NetBase gives source data which is good in figuring out what platforms to focus on.
- NetBase does not provide age breakdown.
- NetBase does not inherently use Boolean Queries, which is the standard for these tools.
- NetBase can be more user-friendly.
- Faster data pulling for new business pitches
- Better access to social listening data vs. free tools
- Better reporting for campaign wrap-ups
- Crimson Hexagon ForSight,Sysomos MAP
Similar products operate under boolean queries which is the function that most teams are familiar with. However, NetBase provided the most tangible and actionable data compared to the other products. Being able to export full data sets is also very beneficial for team mates that really want to dig into the data and manipulate it to create charts based on client needs.
The teams are open to alternatives, but so far are happy with the offerings of NetBase. Ideally, we would love to have a product that does social listening, owned channel analytics, and provides analytics reporting. A one-in-all tool which operates quickly and smoothly...and apparently doesn't currently exist in the market.
It's great for the department to get a general idea of the landscape for a category. It's also good for social listening if you had just ran a campaign that was captured under a hashtag. It's not as great for finding your specific target audience or looking for trending topics that you have no prior knowledge about.